Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

any Jews in pensacola?

+10
Nekochan
boards of FL
Floridatexan
2seaoat
RealLindaL
no stress
Hospital Bob
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
mythical
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

16any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:03 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

In choosing a synagogue.....have you decided if you are a conservative or orthodox Jew?

17any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:05 pm

mythical wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:And you're a sock. Why are you coming on here w/ this crap?

who is this directed at?

Guess?

18any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:09 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm sure glad we don't use the same system of justice in our courts that we have on this forum. Because if we did, all someone would have to do is stand up in court and say we're guilty and that would automatically make us guilty.

This person may or may not be a sock, I have no clue. But if we're going to accuse someone of this we should at least identify who it is we think is doing a sock. We are not all mind readers here.

19any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:10 pm

crow wrote:
Bob wrote:How do we know this person is a sock?

better yet, what difference does it make? we are all talking to the wind.

Why be rude and accusatory when someone hasn't even said anything. I just don't get it with some.   Neutral 

Just type back and forth, back and forth. geesh............

damn aggravating ninnies.

You have some gall the Queen of Rudeness.

20any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:13 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay if this is the way it's going to be, then markle is always right when he accuses obama of anything. From now on he doesn't have to do anything to substantiate the accusation, just make it.

21any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:13 pm

I don't know who the sock is but anyone moving just 20 miles and asking if there's any Jews in Pensacola is a red flag. You can look in the phone book and see temples.Somethings not kosher.

22any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:14 pm

no stress

no stress

Teo quit foolin around

23any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:15 pm

mythical

not sure if I stumbled onto a exclusive community or not but the purpose of my question was simply a outreach to see if there were any other jews in number in pensacola, I would have asked on the reddit or city data but after doing a Google search this seemed like a larger community so yeah while I could have googled q synagogue, keep in mind Pensacola as you all know has a lot of churches and large communities that surround them, some people prefer large megachurches, others prefer small community baptist churches.

I was born orthodox but a conservative synagogue would be fine, it's like how some people avoid churches that go against the bible, I figured other Jews would have recommendations for activities in the area or study of torah, where to buy kosher around here, etc.

24any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:16 pm

Oh and let's not forget they posted there were a conservative.LOL! Looks like Chrissy's writing.

25any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:16 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
crow wrote:
Bob wrote:How do we know this person is a sock?

better yet, what difference does it make? we are all talking to the wind.

Why be rude and accusatory when someone hasn't even said anything. I just don't get it with some.   Neutral 

Just type back and forth, back and forth. geesh............

damn aggravating ninnies.

You have some gall the Queen of Rudeness.

Im nice to those who are nice to me. But thanks for noticing that I am a QUEEN.  queen 

Don't be a drag, just be a queen lol  Razz 

26any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:17 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

mythical,

You are now placing your hand on a Holy Bible and swearing to God that you will tell the truth,  the whole truth,  and nothing but the truth so help you God.

Are you or are you not Teo pretending to be a different person?

And we will take no response as an admission of guilt.

27any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:18 pm

Wrong. You're not nice even to people who are nice to you so stop lying.

28any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:19 pm

mythical

also I was born in the Chicago area so I could understand if I was posting on a Chicago forum asking about Jews as there are large communities there so had I been living there still all I'd have to do is pull up yelp and there are restaurants, community centers, synagogues, day camps etc. I've lived in the emerald coast area for 11 years but that was in fort Walton and there was literally no Jewish community there. I also am not familiar with the term sock. I'll assume it means troll which I'm not.

29any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:23 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay that settles it for me. mythical aint teo. teo would never lie to God.

30any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:24 pm

mythical

Bob wrote:mythical,

You are now placing your hand on a Holy Bible and swearing to God that you will tell the truth,  the whole truth,  and nothing but the truth so help you God.

Are you or are you not Teo pretending to be a different person?

And we will take no response as an admission of guilt.

I have absolutely no idea who that is.

31any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:24 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

mythical wrote:also I was born in the Chicago area so I could understand if I was posting on a Chicago forum asking about Jews as there are large communities there so had I been living there still all I'd have to do is pull up yelp and there are restaurants, community centers, synagogues, day camps etc. I've lived in the emerald coast area for 11 years but that was in fort Walton and there was literally no Jewish community there. I also am not familiar with the term sock. I'll assume it means troll which I'm not.

Sounds like you need to find a Jewish forum or blog to answer your questions.....questions you have ignored for 11 years.

http://www.reformjudaism.org/learning/judaism-classes/taste-judaism-pensacola-fl

32any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:25 pm

no stress

no stress

Carl Swartz again?

33any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:29 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

mythical wrote:

Teo is the username of a person who used to be a regular poster here. And "sock" means someone who is a regular poster who is pretending to be somebody else.

They jumped to the conclusion that you're teo because teo often posted about "zionists".

p.s. Ft. Walton Beach is a new community which came into being after World War 2.
Pensacola is the second oldest settlement in the United States. Jewish people have been here for a long long time.

34any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:37 pm

also I was born.................................

Talkastang also doesn't capitalize the first word in a paragraph.

35any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:37 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
mythical wrote:

Teo is the username of a person who used to be a regular poster here.  And "sock" means someone who is a regular poster who is pretending to be somebody else.

They jumped to the conclusion that you're teo because teo often posted about "zionists".

p.s.  Ft. Walton Beach is a new community which came into being after World War 2.  
Pensacola is the second oldest settlement in the United States.  Jewish people have been here for a long long time.

Give the sock Fred's number.

36any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:41 pm

mythical

I gotchya, I was looking up the term on urbandictionary . anyways I suppose the title could be misleading and it wasn't meant that way, I am posting from a cellphone which makes it more difficult to fully post what I was intending. I've never posted on this community but I used to post on navarrebeach life. most of the people over there are retired or older so for a long time had you asked anything about what there is to do there, its Walmart, the beach and a few chain restaurants.

there was little in the way of much to do.

while I've lived in this area for 11 years, a good chunk of that I didn't get to experience because I was still a teenager and left for a while to go back up north and ended up back down here. when my wife and I moved to Pensacola there is definitely more to do, keep in mind I've worked out here 2 years and with the price of gas, I never had time to explore pensacola, just drive here, work and go home. now that my wife and I live here we been checking the different restaurants, the mall, and other stuff to keep busy, the synagogue and meeting other Jewish people is just something that keeps me busy and spiritually fulfilled and that is why I was hoping there are others in the area that could share their experience or what not.

37any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:48 pm

aww, why would you do that Ichi? shame on you, and why are you following me around on our blog? hmmm are you stalking me? if you'd like, i can have plenty more join in this conversation to make it more enjoyable, yaw

while I've lived in this area for 11 years, a good chunk of that I didn't get to experience because I was still a teenager and left for a while to go back up north and ended up back down here. when my wife and I moved to Pensacola there is definitely more to do, keep in mind I've worked out here 2 years and with the price of gas, I never had time to explore pensacola, just drive here, work and go home. now that my wife and I live here we been checking the different restaurants, the mall, and other stuff to keep busy, the synagogue and meeting other Jewish people is just something that keeps me busy and spiritually fulfilled and that is why I was hoping there are others in the area that could share their experience or what not

38any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:48 pm

mythical

this thread really started off asking about the Jewish community in pensacola ,I do not understand why I am being accused of being another user, do you want my reddit usernames? a admin can verify my email and look it up in Google and see the other forums I post on with usernames.

39any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:49 pm

mythical wrote:thanks, yes mainly for work as I was driving an hour everyday to get to work and a hour driving back.

Navarre didn't have a synagogue so I mainly just stayed at home, has anyone been to the one in Pensacola?

There are 6 synagogues in Ft. Walton.

40any Jews in pensacola? - Page 2 Empty Re: any Jews in pensacola? 4/16/2014, 11:51 pm

mythical

Dreamsglore wrote:
mythical wrote:thanks, yes mainly for work as I was driving an hour everyday to get to work and a hour driving back.

Navarre didn't have a synagogue so I mainly just stayed at home, has anyone been to the one in Pensacola?

There are 6 synagogues in Ft. Walton.

really? I know last time I lived there that there was only a reform synagogue at the time. I think there is a chabad house in destin too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum