Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment

+10
QueenOfHearts
cool1
Sal
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
no stress
Floridatexan
Nekochan
Markle
2seaoat
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:You have never gotten into a car, sitting in the direct sun, on a day with the temperature in the 70's and found it unbearably HOT? 

No.  Not when the temp mirrors that of Scottsdale AZ on the day this woman is arrested.  And especially not an a climate as arid as that of Scottsdale AZ.

Check again, Boards.

Cars parked in direct sunlight can reach internal temperatures up to 131° F - 172° F (55° C
– 78° C) when outside temperatures are 80° F – 100° F (27° C – 38° C).”27 Even outside temperatures in the 60s can cause a car temperature to rise well above 110° F. When the outside temperature is 83° F, even with the window rolled down 2 inches, the temperature inside the car can reach 109° F in only 15 minutes.

But it didn't and the kids were uninjured.

Once again for the very S-L-O-W!

So you would leave your child, those ages, with someone who would leave them in a car, unattended, where the temperature reached 100 to 103 degrees AND where they could be easily kidnapped, assaulted, raped or sold?

Why do people like you keep asking these asinine questions? I've already said it was stupid and dangerous but it has been elevated to this horrible crime and the children were not injured. Any act can go to "could have been' but that's not what counts. Get it?

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:
Seems that you're the one, and your comrades, who refuse to answer a simple, very revealing question.  Why?

For your convenience.
Will you please answer this simple question? You have supported this woman, I'm asking a very simple question.

Once again for the very S-L-O-W!

So you would leave your child, those ages, with someone who would leave them in a car, unattended, where the temperature reached 100 to 103 degrees AND where they could be easily kidnapped and sold.

You are such a wonderful parent.

Read this very S-L-O-W-L-Y, Markie.

No.

Happy?

Can you comprehend that?

But then, I never suggested that I would, and your question was answered a multitude of times in this very thread before you even asked it.

Now, back to the Remedial Reading Comprehension class with you.

You've a lot of catching up to do.

Seems that the reading problem lies with you. How many times were you asked the same question and found it beyond YOUR comprehension?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:My employer was pretty cool when my baby was little she let me put her in an extra bin---we use to put bins on wheels in front of our sewing machine to catch material --so funny I was sitting at the sewing machine while working and my baby in a bin beside me , I had to do that one day , But everyone loved her , They just walked by and poked at her  Razz 

If I had to go to an interview I would just tell the lady im so sorry --give them an excuse like my baby sitter backed out at the last minute , this usually doesn't happen but it did and she had to go to the hospital ,, Im very sorry but I really need this job and so I had to bring her with me I really hope you don't mind , and if you think my baby will be a problem then may I please have another time to interview because I really need this job  Suspect -- Laughing 

It doesn't work that way,Cool. The employer sets the time and you should never say I really need this job. It assumes you are going to get it.

I would say anything --lol but I wouldn't leave my kid in a hot car period .  I would beg if that's what it took lol

When you are begging on a public forum and accepting canned goods from high schoolers, you are inches away from this woman's dilemma. 

You should shut up now. 

And you are who to be telling people to shut up--- Razz 

I'm the one who has seen you begging on the forum and accepting canned goods from high schoolers, and then having the temerity to pass judgement on others in desperate situations. 

You really should shut up now. 

Back off, Sal.

Now wait a minute! Nobody's exempt from criticism here. Sal has a valid point there. A lot more can be said about that situation that people choose to ignore.

As I recall, the liberals here were being very cruel to her and it was a conservative who got off his ass bought groceries and drove them to her.

I will categorically tell you that you are wrong.... I will not elaborate, but you are mistaken.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Just got done running the soil conditioner and bobcat all day.  We have the grandkids and the wife brings them out and they sit with her in the golf cart when she checks the hydraulic and brings me fuel.  Well the little one 2.75 years old is taking a nap, and sitting next to her watching tv is the five year old.  My wife leaves the home and takes five minutes to check on me.  Now if by chance, the oldest decided to open the outside door, walk down to the river, and a person finds her wandering by the river's edge, and calls the police.......do you think my wife is going to be charged with a felony and face eight years of prison because the child could have slipped into the river.

My wife made an assessment of the risks based on the behavior of the five year old and the fact that they have NEVER opened a door......however....they could have.....and the mother could have taken more time than she anticipated putting her children at risk, but the reality is that the children in that car were not harmed and my grandchildren were not harmed.   Nobody is saying that leaving a child alone is good practice, it is however common for short periods of time where the risk is assessed......eight years in prison and a felony conviction.......and people think this is appropriate.   No wonder this country is heading into political problems as these same people vote for these type of responses.....idiocy.

More apples and oranges comparison.

Would your wife leave her grandchildren, age 6 months and 2 years old, in a car in direct sunlight with outside temps over 70° with the windows up for more than 45 minutes?

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:Why do people like you keep asking these asinine questions? I've already said it was stupid and dangerous but it has been elevated to this horrible crime and the children were not injured. Any act can go to "could have been' but that's not what counts. Get it?

Then you support NOT requiring infants and children being in proper seats and restraints when riding in a car or truck.

Who knew?

2seaoat

Would your wife leave her grandchildren, age 6 months and 2 years old, in a car in direct sunlight with outside temps over 70° with the windows up for more than 45 minutes?

Who was left in the car for 45 minutes? Also, the woman in question on this thread had a window partially open. My wife most certainly has left the kids in the car for ten minutes, and so have I. My mother left my brother and I in the car for over an hour. However, where are you getting 45 minutes?

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Why do people like you keep asking these asinine questions? I've already said it was stupid and dangerous but it has been elevated to this horrible crime and the children were not injured. Any act can go to "could have been' but that's not what counts. Get it?

Then you support NOT requiring infants and children being in proper seats and restraints when riding in a car or truck.

Who knew?

WTF? Man, you need to get shock treatments.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Would your wife leave her grandchildren, age 6 months and 2 years old, in a car in direct sunlight with outside temps over 70° with the windows up for more than 45 minutes?

Who was left in the car for 45 minutes?  Also, the woman in question on this thread had a window partially open.  My wife most certainly has left the kids in the car for ten minutes, and so have I.  My mother left my brother and I in the car for over an hour.   However, where are you getting 45 minutes?  

Explains a LOT! Thank you!

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

Who knew?

WTF? Man, you need to get shock treatments.

Millions of children would get to their destination safe.  True or false?  

Did you NOT make this statement?
"Any act can go to "could have been' but that's not what counts. Get it?"

That also would mean that you think texting and driving is fine too. Since it only matters which ones result in accidents.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:My employer was pretty cool when my baby was little she let me put her in an extra bin---we use to put bins on wheels in front of our sewing machine to catch material --so funny I was sitting at the sewing machine while working and my baby in a bin beside me , I had to do that one day , But everyone loved her , They just walked by and poked at her  Razz 

If I had to go to an interview I would just tell the lady im so sorry --give them an excuse like my baby sitter backed out at the last minute , this usually doesn't happen but it did and she had to go to the hospital ,, Im very sorry but I really need this job and so I had to bring her with me I really hope you don't mind , and if you think my baby will be a problem then may I please have another time to interview because I really need this job  Suspect -- Laughing 

It doesn't work that way,Cool. The employer sets the time and you should never say I really need this job. It assumes you are going to get it.

I would say anything --lol but I wouldn't leave my kid in a hot car period .  I would beg if that's what it took lol

When you are begging on a public forum and accepting canned goods from high schoolers, you are inches away from this woman's dilemma. 

You should shut up now. 

And you are who to be telling people to shut up--- Razz 

I'm the one who has seen you begging on the forum and accepting canned goods from high schoolers, and then having the temerity to pass judgement on others in desperate situations. 

You really should shut up now. 

Back off, Sal.

Now wait a minute! Nobody's exempt from criticism here. Sal has a valid point there. A lot more can be said about that situation that people choose to ignore.

What situation? The woman who left her children in the car? Or Cool's situation? Because he personally attacked her, and it's inexcusable. As if having a rough time financially is some kind of stigma that renders her experience as a mother and human being somehow less valuable to the discussion.

I would never do what this woman did, but I find myself agreeing in part with Seaoat..."the system" can swallow up a person. I recently met a local man who has been on probation since 2010, when his wife called the police to mediate an argument. He was with his wife, so I have no reason to doubt his story. But the judge wants to keep him in "the system". And my response was, "It's a money machine." And I believe that. So, I don't want this woman (and her children) to suffer a penalty that is too harsh. I would also want to know what kind of drugs she was taking...I've seen women with serious addiction who were unfit mothers...sometimes it's just alcohol, which is more than enough. That's one of the people I turned in...because she came to my house in the middle of the day with the baby and was so drunk she almost sat on his head. She made a mistake, but I hope the judge is lenient...and I hope she learned something.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

Who knew?

Excellent analogy, Markie.

When you can show me someone who is facing a felony charge and eight years in prison for not putting an infant or child in proper seats and restraints when no harm was done, you'll also have a point.

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:

What situation?  The woman who left her children in the car?  Or Cool's situation?  Because he personally attacked her, and it's inexcusable.  As if having a rough time financially is some kind of stigma that renders her experience as a mother and human being somehow less valuable to the discussion.  

I would never do what this woman did, but I find myself agreeing in part with Seaoat..."the system" can swallow up a person.  I recently met a local man who has been on probation since 2010, when his wife called the police to mediate an argument.  He was with his wife, so I have no reason to doubt his story.  But the judge wants to keep him in "the system".  And my response was, "It's a money machine."  And I believe that.  So, I don't want this woman (and her children) to suffer a penalty that is too harsh.  I would also want to know what kind of drugs she was taking...I've seen women with serious addiction who were unfit mothers...sometimes it's just alcohol, which is more than enough.  That's one of the people I turned in...because she came to my house in the middle of the day with the baby and was so drunk she almost sat on his head.  She made a mistake, but I hope the judge is lenient...and I hope she learned something.

What did I say that wasn't true, Tx?

She found herself in a desperate situation, and received a reprieve through a little Christian charity.

It'd be nice if she'd show a little empathy for a person who was in a similar situation.

Last edited by Sal on 4/18/2014, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Would your wife leave her grandchildren, age 6 months and 2 years old, in a car in direct sunlight with outside temps over 70° with the windows up for more than 45 minutes?

Who was left in the car for 45 minutes?  Also, the woman in question on this thread had a window partially open.  My wife most certainly has left the kids in the car for ten minutes, and so have I.  My mother left my brother and I in the car for over an hour.   However, where are you getting 45 minutes?  

Have you tried reading your own source? Here a quote from YOUR source.

"Video: A homeless mother of two was arrested after leaving her children in a hot car for 45 minutes while interviewing for a job in Arizona. Moved by her story, Amanda Bishop launched a fundraising site that has raised nearly $70,000 for the mother. Bishop joins Tamron Hall to discuss her choice to help."

Here is the link you supplied.http://www.today.com/moms/support-pours-mom-accused-leaving-kids-hot-car-2D79536366

He attacked her lack of compassion as someone who also has been in a rough spot. You have misread his intention. I have also expressed concern about the healthcare issue w/ someone who benefited greatly by it but criticizes the person who made it possible for them. You don't have to like them but be grateful for what they have done that has made your life so much better. That is what I meant by "things people choose to ignore".

Y'all can't have it both ways... you can't support an enormous State machine and then complain that it steps on people.

It's simply not intellectually honest.

PkrBum wrote:Y'all can't have it both ways... you can't support an enormous State machine and then complain that it steps on people.

It's simply not intellectually honest.

Well, that's assuming the state machine can disregard mitigating circumstances. You can't operate like that in a rational society.

oh I get it. The liberals want it to be legal to leave 6 months old babies in cars by themselves. As long as they live threw it. yea....

its ok to hit as long as you don't bleed

its ok to rape as long as no one tells on you

its ok to steal as long as you don't get caught

and its all ok as long as I doesn't involve their kids or their money

crow wrote:oh I get it. The liberals want it to be legal to leave 6 months old babies in cars by themselves. As long as they live threw it. yea....

You really should take some supplementary reading courses on comprehension. You just don't have the skills.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

Who knew?

Excellent analogy, Markie.

When you can show me someone who is facing a felony charge and eight years in prison for not putting an infant or child in proper seats and restraints when no harm was done, you'll also have a point.

It wasn't me who said that so long as nothing bad happened, it was perfectly fine.

No one said that,however.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Have to love it that those who criticize the woman for leaving her babies alone in a car are called racist and anti-poor.  If I were racist and anti-poor, I wouldn't care one bit about a poor, black woman's babies.   Babies are precious, all of them of all colors, and I cannot support or sympathize with a mother who puts her babies in danger the way this woman did.  

Well, you are just being reasonable and not considering all the ramifications of her actions.

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 10 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsOOQfTfd5FI2t-B--stOogKQADvfnLZkbojtXYQGiqaO7Udymvw

Perhaps it's because she is being reasonable.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMnNAGLAc_w

Smile 

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
crow wrote:oh I get it. The liberals want it to be legal to leave 6 months old babies in cars by themselves. As long as they live threw it. yea....

You really should take some supplementary reading courses on comprehension. You just don't have the skills.

Seems to be that people understanding what you say is your problem. NOT that they do not understand you.

2seaoat wrote:Ok......we agree that a hot car is not good for a child, but where in the hell is the compassion for a homeless mother just trying to get a job.   If these children were hurt......I would not have a problem with charging her criminally, but all these people working to put her in jail could be working to help her help herself.......we have a completely broken system where a police state has become a cannibal.......we are being consumed.  We need to put our people first.  The people who are talking about a hot car must realize neither of these children were hurt, and just putting a child in a car puts their lives at risk......maybe when we look at the accident statistics we should put any mother who puts children in a car in jail.....yea that is the ticket.....it should make our judgmental folks happy that the jails are full.........but I suspect that the risk they expose their children is well......just part of their lives and has to be factored.....yep....do you think.

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 10 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEpxc4TGZg8sHzQgeP1qZ_CjZTQlcULvRJ2b5zjPp7sD3BTpNr

Yeah! Yeah! Then we can make it illegal for anyone to get in and start a car because they might kill themselves or someone else... And anyone smoking should be fined for ruining the environment and possibly put in prison for assault and battery on other people... And if they're locking the doors and windows of their house they're endangering not only themselves but the children they may have because it makes it difficult for rescuers to get to them... And putting pets on leashes or in cages is cruel and unusual punishment... And anyone carrying anything in their hands should be arrested because it could be used as a weapon... And all military members need to be committed to a asylum if they volunteer because they're criminally insane... And... And... And.....

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ

Laughing

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 4/18/2014, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/scottsdale/2014/04/16/county-attorney-says-will-prosecute-shanesha-taylor-felonies/7799987/

Read the report.

What do you consider partially open...2" ?

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 4/18/2014, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum