Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Women in the military are filing lawsuits for equal opportunity to be in combat

+6
Sal
Bluebonnet
Wordslinger
Nekochan
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Women in the military are filing lawsuits for equal opportunity to be in combat - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTG85GBdOdKdrETt0YfOxSOdusvyrb_1_Fabjn8O_an_MveU6oO

I see... You don't care if the sons die.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

Smile

hallmarkgrad wrote:Mr Eagle: I hate to be rude but it appears that all you are doing is trolling. I therefore decline to enter in a discussion with you.

Women in the military are filing lawsuits for equal opportunity to be in combat - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZnhYTpesEkKQQ0DpZt5kb_kAHIJXegH5q09-pHD_ZWPWNKq7GF3C8xvxh

OH NO!!!!!

I'm questioning your beliefs and you're refusing to enlighten me on how your beliefs are a benefit to this country by creating a protected class that won't know how to respond to the threat if this country is invaded.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fNY0JuATpQ

Smile

No I just dont give a shit what you think. LOL

hallmarkgrad wrote:No I just dont give a shit what you think. LOL

Women in the military are filing lawsuits for equal opportunity to be in combat - Page 6 2Q==

Yes I know how you're one of the...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypkv0HeUvTc

Smile

All this will wind up about as well as LBJs "War on Poverty" Good meaning folks with tons of data that will show how great it will work. Then in a few years the results will be in and it will be a mess. Many things look good on paper and people have the best intentions, but in the real world the results suck..........

hallmarkgrad wrote:All this will wind up about as well as LBJs "War on Poverty" Good meaning folks with tons of data that will show how great it will work. Then in a few years the results will be in and it will be a mess. Many things look good on paper and people have the best intentions, but in the real world the results suck..........

Women in the military are filing lawsuits for equal opportunity to be in combat - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNgqmK5Mf0EpAUqlrTUlPs6G2Zg1p9Vu38XqadhcM3DGjNw90c

That's like comparing apples and oranges.

Perhaps you should compare it to the Civil Rights Act instead so it has a more accurate comparison analogy and gives everyone a better perspective as to you true feelings on the whole equal rights and responsibilities issue..... or perhaps you could compare it to Women's Sufferage.

*****SMILE****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YymGJKhGgY

Smile

Markle

Markle

hallmarkgrad wrote:Let me get this straight.. This is what you think of many of our Military people? "sorry we still have a civilian government which controls our military, and I am sorry....I have spent a life around pretenders whether it is the military, police, or bullies.....the bottom line is that many males are weak, diminutive, mentally slow, with poor hand eye coordination.....they may have been picked near last in gym class, and yes they made it in the military... And that is why we need women in combat because these guys are just too weak and sorry to do the job?

A LOT of men flunk out for the very reasons you cite.

The far left Progressive publication "Time" even found it hard to believe but men and women are different. That doesn't make one better than the other just different.

Women in the military are filing lawsuits for equal opportunity to be in combat - Page 6 TimeCoverMenandWomen

This HAD to be painful for such a Liberal Rag to publish.

News Flash!!!!! Congress finds that 200,000 men in Military too weak, diminutive, mentally slow, and with poor hand eye coordination., to preform their duties. 200,000 women will be pressed into service to take over those Jobs and to shore up our nations defences. SSG Maybell Carter was quoted as saying "Strong men in the Military is just a myth "
Who could deny their wife and daughter the experience of this? And the next day they have to do the same shit again. then come home for a spell and go back to the same hell hole. These are the same guys that everyone is saying are so weak and can not do their job that we need women to lead them. God Damn Brave men. Macho? You damn right!!!!! MY soul bleeds for men that have to do this.....

Nekochan

Nekochan

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Well, you cannot compare a black man or a gay man to a woman and if y'all don't understand that, I can understand why you don't understand mine and Hallmark's (and I think Pkr's?) position.

Running the military shouldn't be about giving women or anyone rights, it should be what is best for the mission.

Women in the military are filing lawsuits for equal opportunity to be in combat - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-I4h8rIS81JEA8ffo875PYImQgqZgoSiorb-29MEEkHCfZLGSVw

In what way is the rights of a citizen not intertwined and directly related to the responsibilities of a citizen?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI

Smile
The military discriminates every day. No one---no man or woman--has a "right" to be in the military.

2seaoat

Mr. H attempts to attack me as not worthy, and now I am attacking the fighting men who protect this country when I raise the objective truth.....that men who are not as qualified as women who seek the same position get promoted over a more qualified women.......and I use the Wally Cox analogy, and now I am saying all men are weak and inferior to women.....Mr. H.....nobody ordered you to do anything, yet when I read your links, I try to give an intelligent response to what was raised in the link.....you tell me you will not be ordered to read something....that I am dishonoring all our service people, and that I am not worthy to have this discussion.........all because four women some with purple hearts who are qualified to serve their country want merit and qualifications to be the basis of assignments, not gender, or some really whacked idea of returning to father knows best and leave it to beaver........I know you do not like modernity....we share some aspects of the disdain for the same.....but you will be on the wrong side of history.....and since the revolutionary war women have been in combat, all the way back women were digging out musket balls out of their own legs, rather than having someone discover that they were not men......the times they are a changing....not always completely right....but eventually we get it right.

2seaoat

Really.....that women have died....that is your final answer? That is your rationalization for treating women as second class citizens.....like somehow you will define the front line.....and you will define combat......and you will make them all safe and sound.........wake up Hallmark.....wake up......I just cannot seem to awaken you from your deep slumber of self righteous paternalistic views where men are the protectors......and women are chattle property.....without rights to own property, vote, join the armed forces and reach the level of their talent and capabilities.....deep deep deep sleep.

but posting a photo of a tombstone......gosh.....powerful....if you did not dishonor those women as you do.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Really.....that women have died....that is your final answer? That is your rationalization for treating women as second class citizens.....like somehow you will define the front line.....and you will define combat......and you will make them all safe and sound.........wake up Hallmark.....wake up......I just cannot seem to awaken you from your deep slumber of self righteous paternalistic views where men are the protectors......and women are chattle property.....without rights to own property, vote, join the armed forces and reach the level of their talent and capabilities.....deep deep deep sleep.

but posting a photo of a tombstone......gosh.....powerful....if you did not dishonor those women as you do.

He admitted early on in this thead that he is a sexist.

There's not much you can do to sway the opinion of someone who's proud of their prejudice.

It is vile for women to be in combat for me. I have said noting of the other 1,000s of MOSs that women qualify for. I am not even talking about defence areas in a combat zone. I am speaking of a aggressive attacking combat unit. There is a major difference. I will not wake up to the fact that my daughter could be placed in harms way and I had a chance to do something about it. I have championed the rights of the women in my life. I will continue to do so. For me, it is almost a moot point. You can rest assured that I will have many a discussion with my granddaughters over the folly of joining the Military. My daughter is one of the most liberated women you would ever want to meet. She is a extension of what I believe. My wife was also a very liberated woman. You may chastise me for saying "My" Daughter. But she is, and as her father I will voice my disdain for any thing that could be a detrimental to her life. Sounds trite, dosent it? A Father trying look out for his family and not have them caught up in some politically correct movement. As along as you have men like me around that love the women in their life, you will have this disagreement.

[quote="Sal"]
2seaoat wrote:Really.....that women have died....that is your final answer? That is your rationalization for treating women as second class citizens.....like somehow you will define the front line.....and you will define combat......and you will make them all safe and sound.........wake up Hallmark.....wake up......I just cannot seem to awaken you from your deep slumber of self righteous paternalistic views where men are the protectors......and women are chattle property.....without rights to own property, vote, join the armed forces and reach the level of their talent and capabilities.....deep deep deep sleep.

He admitted early on in this thead that he is a sexist.

There's not much you can do to sway the opinion of someone who's proud of their prejudice.
[/quote

Correct Good Point

2seaoat

Its a Hallmark/Seaoat thing....we like to play hard in the sandbox sometimes....but he will remain a good man despite my pulling on his pigtails, and I guarantee you he would treat a woman fairly.....he just seeks the peace of an earlier time....but fails to understand....that maybe it was not quite as peacefu....l or the utopia us old guys remember.......and when I see my daughter struggling with raising kids, working, and being super mom......well you need to be careful what you ask for......

2seaoat wrote:Its a Hallmark/Seaoat thing....we like to play hard in the sandbox sometimes....but he will remain a good man despite my pulling on his pigtails, and I guarantee you he would treat a woman fairly.....he just seeks the peace of an earlier time....but fails to understand....that maybe it was not quite as peacefu....l or the utopia us old guys remember.......and when I see my daughter struggling with raising kids, working, and being super mom......well you need to be careful what you ask for......

LOL You got me!!!! I was going to post something very close to what you just did. Next topic please........Thanks

.he just seeks the peace of an earlier time..

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

riceme wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:To wish or even approve that young ladies like this would have to go into combat is damn sure beyond my comprehension. Insanity knows no limits. I am old school. I will protect the women in my life at all costs. They damn sure dont have to fight to "Protect" me. Gee-zus.

Women in the military are filing lawsuits for equal opportunity to be in combat - Page 6 2yx16ki

That perfectly illustrates why I absolutely do NOT believe that women should be in combat: most men feel a natural instinct to protect women, and that is precisely OPPOSITE the way that we need people thinking in hairy situations like that. Just from there, one's imagination can go wild with the horrific possibilities a woman's presence in combat could bring not only to herself but to her team as well.

All because most men have truly good hearts and instincts and want to protect us. Not because we're weak or less capable.

And if the need ever arises, I know a few good women on this forum that would be there to take care of HG if and when he ever needs us!
I respect your view, HG. It is men like you to which an older women like me are attracted. My husband is very much like you (in more ways than you may know!) Heheeeeee!!!

Having been an independent woman most of my life, our transition was somewhat difficult after we married. I had to learn to stand back and let him do what he considered the "manly" things while I actually relaxed a bit. It wasn't just me anymore, and it took some time before I became comfortable with it. I LOVE it now!!!

Then again, one of the reasons he married me was because I am so independent and and have a fiery nature.

Go figure!

P.S. There ain't no sight more sexy to a woman like me than seeing my hubby the shipfitter supervisor working in the shipyard. Tools...tool-belt....hard-hat.... Embarassed

hallmarkgrad wrote:

/ ... snip ... /

MY soul bleeds for men that have to do this.....

Mine does as well, hg. That video was almost too much for me to watch for several reasons that I will not get into here, and I am not too proud to say that it brought tears to my eyes while not much does.

This reminded me of the old saying that there are no atheists in foxholes.

PBulldog2 wrote:
riceme wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:To wish or even approve that young ladies like this would have to go into combat is damn sure beyond my comprehension. Insanity knows no limits. I am old school. I will protect the women in my life at all costs. They damn sure dont have to fight to "Protect" me. Gee-zus.

Women in the military are filing lawsuits for equal opportunity to be in combat - Page 6 2yx16ki

That perfectly illustrates why I absolutely do NOT believe that women should be in combat: most men feel a natural instinct to protect women, and that is precisely OPPOSITE the way that we need people thinking in hairy situations like that. Just from there, one's imagination can go wild with the horrific possibilities a woman's presence in combat could bring not only to herself but to her team as well.

All because most men have truly good hearts and instincts and want to protect us. Not because we're weak or less capable.

And if the need ever arises, I know a few good women on this forum that would be there to take care of HG if and when he ever needs us!
I respect your view, HG. It is men like you to which an older women like me are attracted. My husband is very much like you (in more ways than you may know!) Heheeeeee!!!

Having been an independent woman most of my life, our transition was somewhat difficult after we married. I had to learn to stand back and let him do what he considered the "manly" things while I actually relaxed a bit. It wasn't just me anymore, and it took some time before I became comfortable with it. I LOVE it now!!!

Then again, one of the reasons he married me was because I am so independent and and have a fiery nature.

Go figure!

P.S. There ain't no sight more sexy to a woman like me than seeing my hubby the shipfitter supervisor working in the shipyard. Tools...tool-belt....hard-hat.... Embarassed

Amen to ALL of that, Sister PB!! Wink

Nekochan wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Well, you cannot compare a black man or a gay man to a woman and if y'all don't understand that, I can understand why you don't understand mine and Hallmark's (and I think Pkr's?) position.

Running the military shouldn't be about giving women or anyone rights, it should be what is best for the mission.

In what way is the rights of a citizen not intertwined and directly related to the responsibilities of a citizen?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI

Smile
The military discriminates every day. No one---no man or woman--has a "right" to be in the military.

To refresh your memory... I've never stated that being in the military is a 'right'.

However if you want to talk to your governmental representative about whether or not they consider it a responsibility, i.e. selective service, you are more than free to tell them that all citizens who vote should be required to sign up for it upon reaching age as a responsibility to their country.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

hallmarkgrad wrote:Women in the military are filing lawsuits for equal opportunity to be in combat - Page 6 Lead-eileen-horan

Women in the military are filing lawsuits for equal opportunity to be in combat - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-I4h8rIS81JEA8ffo875PYImQgqZgoSiorb-29MEEkHCfZLGSVw

So you honor the memory of the service this young woman gave of her own free will by posting it as an example of why women shouldn't be in the service. I'm sure that a servicemember who earned the bronze star and who knows what else for serving her country appreciates the respect you have for her service.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X_Dd_6Czk

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 12/5/2012, 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum