Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republicans Offer an Almost Equal Pay bill for Women ...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

And they wonder why women believe the republicans really don't like them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/republicans-equal-pay_n_7062128.html?ir=Politics&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

KarlRove

KarlRove

Wordslinger wrote:And they wonder why women believe the republicans really don't like them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/republicans-equal-pay_n_7062128.html?ir=Politics&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

It's probably a step up from what Hillary has paid her female staffers compared to males.

You really need to study up before making bad analogies.

http://www.aei.org/publication/chart-day-hillary-clintons-28-15700-gender-pay-gap-2002-2008-senate-staff/

An analysis of Senator Hillary Clinton’s official Senate expenditure reports by Washington Free Beacon reporter Brent Scher reveals that from 2002-2008, the New York Senator and champion of women’s rights, paid her female staffers significantly less on average than men working on her staff. In his article “Hillary Clinton’s War on Women,” Brent Scher reported that over the eight years that Sen. Clinton was in the Senate, the median annual salary for female staffers was about $40,800, which was 28% (and almost $16,000) less than the median salary paid to men of $56,500 (see chart above).

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:And they wonder why women believe the republicans really don't like them.

It's probably a step up from what Hillary has paid her female staffers compared to males.

You really need to study up before making bad analogies.

http://www.aei.org/publication/chart-day-hillary-clintons-28-15700-gender-pay-gap-2002-2008-senate-staff/

An analysis of Senator Hillary Clinton’s official Senate expenditure reports by Washington Free Beacon reporter Brent Scher reveals that from 2002-2008, the New York Senator and champion of women’s rights, paid her female staffers significantly less on average than men working on her staff. In his article “Hillary Clinton’s War on Women,” Brent Scher reported that over the eight years that Sen. Clinton was in the Senate, the median annual salary for female staffers was about $40,800, which was 28% (and almost $16,000) less than the median salary paid to men of $56,500 (see chart above).

You have posted this before.  The article doesn't make the claim Hillary Clinton pays females less than males for doing the same job; rather, it says that females on her staff earn less than males.  No further detail is provided as to the positions that these people hold.  The wage gap could be attributable to the positions held, work performed, hours worked, or any other variable that influences pay.

Long story short, the article is meant to prey on people who can't read all that well.  The hope is that functionally illiterate people will read the article and then arrive at the incorrect conclusion that Clinton is a hypocrite who pays women a lower wage than men for doing the same work.

Being it the case that this appears to have worked on KarlRove...well...I think our democratic forum members can finish this sentence.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:Being it the case that this appears to have worked on KarlRove...well...I think our democratic forum members can finish this sentence.

KarlRove is 110% brainwashed by the crappy wingnut blogs he reads. He often posts these mush websites on this forum.

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 4/14/2015, 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

You guys are on full fledged denial

Markle

Markle

Women already earn very close to what men are paid, it is a play by the Progressives to appeal to their uninformed base.

Remember Jonathan Gruber called supporters of Obamacare, and it then follows, Democrats, stupid.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Women already earn very close to what men are paid, it is a play by the Progressives to appeal to their uninformed base.

Remember Jonathan Gruber called supporters of Obamacare, and it then follows, Democrats, stupid.

What in hell does your "very close" mean? 10%? 20%? 30%? 40%?

You expect women to vote republican, when folks like you don't understand the term "less than what their male counterparts are paid" ?

Well Semi-sane "I KNOW NOSSING!" Markle, I'll teach you a lesson about language that you obviously need to learn:  when it comes to equal pay, equal means "equal," not almost, or nearly, or just about.

You're welcome.

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:You guys are on full fledged denial

It isn't denial that you're seeing. It's literacy.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:Women already earn very close to what men are paid, it is a play by the Progressives to appeal to their uninformed base.

You expect women to vote republican, when folks like you don't understand the term "less than what their male counterparts are paid" ?

Well Semi-sane "I KNOW NOSSING!" Markle, I'll teach you a lesson about language that you obviously need to learn:  when it comes to equal pay, equal means "equal," not almost, or nearly, or just about.

You're welcome.

If what you whine about was true, how would men get a job?

What is the real percentage?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

You're welcome.

If what you whine about was true, how would men get a job?

What is the real percentage?

You tell me.  Look up the percentages yourself.  The issue is equality not percentage differences.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum