Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's early, but who are you leaning toward in the 2020 Dem potential field?

+5
zsomething
RealLindaL
Telstar
2seaoat
othershoe1030
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

bigdog

Deus X wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:...you're certainly correct that the women have a much tougher row to hoe. 

Oh, great, here we go with the "male privilege" bullshit again--boo-hoo-hoo. The fact is that it's men that do all the shitty, dangerous, dirty jobs it takes to keep a society running, all the killing and dying.  

Remember, it's always women and children first. You're welcome!

It's early, but who are you leaning toward in the 2020 Dem potential field? - Page 3 VmxF9Ny
Maybe the reason more men commit suicide is that they are not as emotionally mature as women. I don't know if that is true though.
This I do know is true. The reason more men are murder victims is that they post charts like the one you just put on this forum Razz                      
14% of American firefighters are now women. A huge part of our police forces are now women. You can't judge anything from the chart above because the times are changing.
Quite honestly, firefighters are the ONLY people I would ever fall down on my knees and worship, be they men or women. They're the people with the real guts and who don't care if it's a "good guy" or a "bad guy" or a Muslim or a Christian that they risk their lives for. NOBODY is as good as a firefighter, man or woman, IMO.

RealLindaL

From George Will:

Amy Klobuchar may be best equipped to send the president packing

Keeping my eye on her.

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog

Corey Booker is in the race now. I will  happily vote for him if Joe Biden doesn't enter the race.
I also think that next time they poll the declared candidates, Booker will come out on top. He's  got the good judgment, the experience, he's a Rhodes Scholar, and he isn't too far to the left to alienate centrists like myself. Oh yeah, and he also runs into burning buildings to save people.
Go Spartacus!

Last edited by bigdog on 2/2/2019, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:Corey Booker is in the race now. I will  happily vote for him if Joe Biden doesn't enter the race.
I also think that next time they poll the declared candidates, Booker will come out on top. He's  got the good judgment, the experience, he's a Rhodes Scholar, and he isn't too far to the left to alienate centrists like myself. Oh yeah, and he also runs into burning buildings to save people.
Go Sparticus!

I'm okay with Harris, Warren and Booker at this point. Need to hear more about Castro. BTW I think Virginia Gov. Northam is toast. He might be able to wiggle and double talk his way out of it ( like republicans always do ) if he's not the guy in black face but if he is he needs to step down under massive pressure from the Dems.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:BTW I think Virginia Gov. Northam is toast. He might be able to wiggle and double talk his way out of it ( like republicans always do ) if he's not the guy in black face but if he is he needs to step down under massive pressure from the Dems.

Whether in black face or in KKK garb (either one just as offensive) he'll still be forced out, IMHO. Sounds as if he has a capable lt. gov. in the wings, thank goodness.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:BTW I think Virginia Gov. Northam is toast. He might be able to wiggle and double talk his way out of it ( like republicans always do ) if he's not the guy in black face but if he is he needs to step down under massive pressure from the Dems.

Whether in black face or in KKK garb (either one just as offensive) he'll still be forced out, IMHO.  Sounds as if he has a capable lt. gov. in the wings, thank goodness.

Agreed. Thank God the Dems don't bend over backwards to protect their own like the loathsome reps do.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Whether in black face or in KKK garb (either one just as offensive) he'll still be forced out, IMHO.  Sounds as if he has a capable lt. gov. in the wings, thank goodness.

Agreed. Thank God the Dems don't bend over backwards to protect their own like the loathsome reps do.

Except, unless anything has changed this morning that I haven't seen, the two U.S. SENATORS from Virginia - Mark Warner and Tim Kaine (both Democrats) - have not called for his resignation, as many Virginians feel they should've done immediately.

One could say they're not directly involved in state government, but they represent Virginia in a big way on the national stage.

RealLindaL

Email from a Richmond friend says there's a demonstration going on now outside the Governor's Mansion.

Can't imagine he'll last the weekend, despite his promises to continue on as governor.

RealLindaL

Just heard from Richmond again -- apparently the governor will be speaking within the next couple of hours. Resignation, here we come?

RealLindaL

Wait a second -  what about THIS?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/02/politics/northam-racist-yearbook-
photo/index.html

(CNN)Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has told a source he now believes it is not him in a racist yearbook photo and, despite mounting pressure to resign, that he will not do so, according a top Virginia Democratic source who spoke to the governor on Saturday.
Northam told the source he was in touch with some of his former Eastern Virginia Medical School colleagues, who said they believed many of the pictures in the yearbook were mixed up.
Northam did not recall the picture being taken, he told the source, and said he was not involved in the production of the yearbook.
Despite the increasing calls for him to resign, Northam also told the source he is not going to step down, which comes ahead of his planned statement to the media Saturday at 2:30 p.m. ET from the Executive Mansion in Virginia.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:Wait a second -  what about THIS?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/02/politics/northam-racist-yearbook-
photo/index.html

(CNN)Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has told a source he now believes it is not him in a racist yearbook photo and, despite mounting pressure to resign, that he will not do so, according a top Virginia Democratic source who spoke to the governor on Saturday.
Northam told the source he was in touch with some of his former Eastern Virginia Medical School colleagues, who said they believed many of the pictures in the yearbook were mixed up.
Northam did not recall the picture being taken, he told the source, and said he was not involved in the production of the yearbook.
Despite the increasing calls for him to resign, Northam also told the source he is not going to step down, which comes ahead of his planned statement to the media Saturday at 2:30 p.m. ET from the Executive Mansion in Virginia.

His 1981 VMI yearbook says one of his nicknames is "Goose Coonman." I think it's time for him to step down.

RealLindaL

Actually those were two separate nicknames, "Goose, Coonman" - but yeah, one wonders. The governor says his nick was Goose and only two people called him Coonman and he doesn't know why they did. Right.

The bottom line is he already apologized (yesterday) for his DECISION (his word) to be in that photo, so for him to say today he's not in it strains credulity. If he'd said yesterday, "I NEVER was in those costumes or that photo," different story. But he apparently at least considered himself capable of having been one of those two guys, so what does that say about him?

It 's a shame, but he has to go.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:Actually those were two separate nicknames, "Goose, Coonman" - but yeah, one wonders.   The governor says his nick was Goose and only two people called him Coonman and he doesn't know why they did.  Right.

The bottom line is he already apologized (yesterday) for his DECISION (his word) to be in that photo, so for him to say today he's not in it strains credulity.   If he'd said yesterday, "I NEVER was in those costumes or that photo," different story.   But he apparently at least considered himself capable of having been one of those two guys, so what does that say about him?

It 's a shame, but he has to go.

Maybe not a shame but fate. I'm hearing great things about Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax. A Star Is Born when fake Michael Jackson resigns.

PkrBum

PkrBum

“I was in the CIA for almost a decade, I was the dude in the back alleys at four o’clock in the morning collecting intelligence on threats to the homeland.” Will Hurd US Congressman

“That’s where you’d collect it, huh? Wow. By the Popeyes Chicken?” Bill Maher

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:Maybe not a shame but fate. I'm hearing great things about Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax. A Star Is Born when fake Michael Jackson resigns.

IF he resigns. Could be a long hard slog to get him out.

RealLindaL

RealLindaL wrote:
Except, unless anything has changed this morning that I haven't seen, the two U.S. SENATORS from Virginia - Mark Warner and Tim Kaine (both Democrats) - have not called for his resignation, as many Virginians feel they should've done immediately.

One could say they're not directly involved in state government, but they represent Virginia in a big way on the national stage.

As of Saturday evening, Kaine and Warner have finally called for Northam's resignation.

Hate to say it, but Northam's Saturday back-pedaling explanations fell totally flat, making him sound like just another lying pol.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

As of Saturday evening, Kaine and Warner have finally called for Northam's resignation.

Hate to say it, but Northam's Saturday back-pedaling explanations fell totally flat, making him sound like just another lying pol.  

https://wben.radio.com/articles/ap-news/latest-virginias-senators-call-northam-resign

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

https://wben.radio.com/articles/ap-news/latest-virginias-senators-call-northam-resign

Confirms what I'd reported.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Confirms what I'd reported.

Yes it was meant to. Links never hurt.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This isn't the whole story in Virginia:

Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax threatens legal action against conservative website over 'defamatory and false' sexual assault allegation

BY GRAHAM MOOMAW    Richmond Times-Dispatch  1 hr ago

Virginia Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax has threatened legal action against a conservative website that aired what Fairfax’s office called a “defamatory and false” sexual assault allegation against him.

Big League Politics, the website that first posted the racist photo from Gov. Ralph Northam’s medical school yearbook page, aired elements of the allegation Sunday night.

In a statement early Monday morning, Fairfax’s office said The Washington Post had already investigated the allegation and chose not to publish a story due to “significant red flags and inconsistencies.”

“Lt. Governor Fairfax has an outstanding and well-earned reputation for treating people with dignity and respect,” read the statement from his office, “He has never assaulted anyone – ever – in any way, shape or form.”

Fairfax would become the governor if Northam is forced to resign over the yearbook photo.

It's early, but who are you leaning toward in the 2020 Dem potential field? - Page 3 Justinstatementtran

https://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/lt-gov-justin-fairfax-threatens-legal-action-against-conservative-website/article_40dbcfef-5af6-5f91-9b4f-fa73050594d8.html?fbclid=IwAR10z3DEwa2W5gVddb3JtyiQhy8yc1Y0E3enOY03iM70uDx-s5s_2A44_Oo

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:In a statement early Monday morning, Fairfax’s office said The Washington Post had already investigated the allegation and chose not to publish a story due to “significant red flags and inconsistencies.”

I don't know what the truth is regarding the allegations against Fairfax, but the above statement is simply not true, and the Washington Post pushed back strongly against it, saying that in fact they'd found no "significant red flags and inconsistencies," but rather the reason they didn't publish the story was because there was no corroborating evidence or witness available; i.e., it was just a "he said she said" event. Period.

Have lost the link to the WAPO statement but will furnish if it turns up again.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Oh... the same as kavanaugh. But that didn't seem to slow the media then... or any of you.

Standard leftist hypocrisy and double standards.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Oh... the same as kavanaugh. But that didn't seem to slow the media then... or any of you.

It's early, but who are you leaning toward in the 2020 Dem potential field? - Page 3 Russia59
It's early, but who are you leaning toward in the 2020 Dem potential field? - Page 3 Russia59

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Oh... the same as kavanaugh. But that didn't seem to slow the media then... or any of you.

All I did was REPORT WHAT WAPO SAID, and correct an untruth. I didn't say how I felt about it either way -- and WOULDN'T unless I could HEAR BOTH SIDES SPEAK and determine for myself which one I personally believed, if either one.

JERK!!!!!!!!!!!! PHLBBBBTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum