Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's early, but who are you leaning toward in the 2020 Dem potential field?

+5
zsomething
RealLindaL
Telstar
2seaoat
othershoe1030
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:
Telstar wrote:Here is Harris taking on another one of 45's savage thugs!

Now, imagine that in a debate against Trump's 100-word vocabulary babbling "bigly fantastic great believe me, that I can tell you, sniff-sniff-sniff" completely uninformed third-grader horseshit.

On the food chain of intellect, Trump is plankton.   Harris would annihilate him.  She knows her facts, she knows how to put them together, she knows how to express them, and she will catch you leaving a hole in an argument and that's where she'll put the punches and kicks.  I'll have to see how it goes (I tend to back whoever proves to have the best chance of winning), but she's formidable, and I would love to see Trump try to take her on in debates.  That'd actually be silly.

Debates are becoming useless. Hillary won all 3 debates in 2016 but Bloatard still won the EC, although 3 million more Americans voted for her. The people of states like Florida need to be convinced that voting for Bloatard is doom. How can we do that when Bloatard is so comfortable in Florida that he keeps his home away from home there and child molesters like Mark Foley are welcome to do whatever they do at Mar A Lago and his rallies. I guess Floridians don't care that their children pray every night that their Bloatard loving parents die and put an end to their shame, so sad. Twisted Evil

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I had hopes that Elizabeth Warren would run with Bernie Sanders in 2016. For whatever reason, that didn't happen. Neither did a Clinton/Sanders ticket, which would most probably have prevented a Drumpf "win". I support Elizabeth Warren, in part because I relate to her, in part because I know she's probably the most informed on the financial aspects, which are critical, and because I like her style. She has called for a special tax on $50 million and above. We are in a crisis not unlike the 1920's, except that there's an added dimension...our problems are now international.

PkrBum

PkrBum

The leftist "solutions" sound like 1920s Russia... I'll give you that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/bolshevism-then-and-now/2017/11/06/830aecaa-bf41-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html

bigdog

Donald Trump won because of white working men in Michigan and Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

It doesn't matter one iota what I think about their prejudices against women or what I think about their racism. The point is, they will NOT vote for Kamala Harris, no matter what kind of dreams the far left of the Democratic party has. And the Democratic party cannot win with progressives alone.
I'm personally sick of being told that centrists aren't the "real democrats" anymore. I'm not going to take my brain out into fairy tale world and start singing "Imagine" with with the Bernie Sanders wing, because I'm no more a crazy, wild-eyed leftist than I am a right wing nazi.
And neither are the majority of Americans.
No matter what some of you think- we need someone with experience, maturity and decency to get this country back on track, and not one of the people who has declared yet has those qualities. Biden has. And fuck you very  much for accusing him of being a drunk. When you're as big a success in life as he has been, let me know. The man has had a lot of good reasons to take a few drinks in his lifetime, but he's still by far the most qualified person in America to lead this country. And he's also the only one I can see who could bring the country back together like Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter did after Watergate, with the power of their own sincerity and decency. This country is desperate. I don't want anyone who is going to totally disrespect the people on the other side of the aisle. That's a fucking Republican thing, not a Democrat one.

RealLindaL

Bigdog, you make a LOT of sense. I just worry about the very large and growing contingent of young voters, what they would do -- though if they're progressives, I have to believe ANY Democratic candidate would be better than Trump -- assuming, that is, that they'd show up at the polls at all to vote for a Biden. It's a serious concern.

RealLindaL

Watched Kamala Harris' town hall on CNN tonight and was not overly impressed. She still has too much emotion and was almost strident in places (the worst quality of Elizabeth Warren). A few good sound bites, but I would not feel comfortable and confident with her at the helm, I'm afraid. Nope. Not my candidate -- not that I can vote in primaries anyway in Florida. (BUMMER.)

Telstar

Telstar

I guess anyone who wasn't impressed is seeing something that will never impress them, pity. I was impressed. Biden has proven that he is worthy of holding her her coat and being her VP but that's all. It's still early so I may change my mind but from what I see she's leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the Dems. I may jump ship to Warren or Sanders but not at this point. Kamala Harris for the people. LET'S DO THIS AMERICA!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

The CNN Town Hall presentation was basically a "roll-out" introduction of Harris. All of the main talking points of her positions were addressed. Very choreographed and candidate friendly. She did a good job, I thought. It was a gift to her for sure but also a necessary service to voters allowing us to have a look at her.

I thought she was well prepared, thoughtful and caring.

One thing stood out to me: The democrats in the audience mirrored my own sentiments. It is more important that our candidate BEAT DJT (in the event he is still the R's candidate) than it is that they hold all of our policy wishes. Beginning to try to repair the damage done by this administration is paramount.  

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:Beginning to try to repair the damage done by this administration is paramount.

I most certainly agree with that!!!

I still want to see some other candidates, including perhaps Klobuchar.

Elizabeth Warren is near the bottom of my list.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:I guess anyone who wasn't impressed is seeing something that will never impress them, pity.

Whatever THAT means.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:I guess anyone who wasn't impressed is seeing something that will never impress them, pity.

Whatever THAT means.

Think about it. I'm sure it will come to you.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Whatever THAT means.

Suggest YOU read again what you wrote, slowly.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Whatever THAT means.

Well gee whiz Mrs. Crabtree. I rote it so I dun't see any need to read it again. Twisted Evil

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Whatever THAT means.

Well gee whiz Mrs. Crabtree. I rote it so I dun't see any need to read it again. Twisted Evil

OK, Donald. Don't bother. Twisted Evil

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Whatever THAT means.

OK, Donald.  Don't bother.    Twisted Evil

It's early, but who are you leaning toward in the 2020 Dem potential field? - Page 2 Donald13

Telstar

Telstar

Seriously, I love seeing 1% bastards like this getting heckled. Biden is still on the fence. Just say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so!

bigdog

RealLindaL wrote:Watched Kamala Harris' town hall on CNN tonight and was not overly impressed.   She still has too much emotion and was almost strident in places (the worst quality of Elizabeth Warren).   A few good sound bites, but I would not feel comfortable and confident with her at the helm, I'm afraid.  Nope.  Not my candidate -- not that I can vote in primaries anyway in Florida.  (BUMMER.)
I'm glad you used the word strident to describe Elizabeth Warren. I've been trying to think of the exact thing it is that bothers me so much about her, and that's exactly it. She seems too emotional, too desperate to convince, just too much, really. And that's the problem a lot of women candidates have. It's either that they are very competent, well spoken and emotionally cool, like Hillary, which men are afraid of, or they're too strident because they are trying so hard to get a point across that a man can just speak out about and be heard.
A woman still has to be twice as good as a man in this world to be considered the equal of a male, at least by a lot of American voters. I hate that, but I believe it's true .I'm not seeing a woman out there right now that I could be enthusiastic about, unless Hillary ran again. I think we all know that isn't going to happen.And if it did, all the limp dicked  men who came out to vote for Trump would crowd around the polls again because she scares them shitless.  Maybe there's some woman out there who can  find the right pose to get through, but it is going to be close to impossible.

Deus X

Deus X

bigdog wrote:It doesn't matter one iota what I think...

Nailed it!

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:I'm glad you used the word strident to describe Elizabeth Warren. I've been trying to think of the exact thing it is that bothers me so much about her, and that's exactly it. She seems too emotional, too desperate to convince, just too much, really. And that's the problem a lot of women candidates have. It's either that they are very competent, well spoken and emotionally cool, like Hillary, which men are afraid of, or they're too strident because they are trying so hard to get a point across that a man can just speak out about and be heard.

Thank YOU for fleshing out my own meaning for me.

I still want to see and hear from more candidates, male and female, but you're certainly correct that the women have a much tougher row to hoe.  I certainly found that out during my 30 year career.

Right now I'm just hoping to heck that Schultz bows out early, even though he's supposedly unfazed so far by the strong opposition to his possible candidacy, which candidacy WAPO calls "ludicrous."   Good word for it.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
bigdog wrote:I'm glad you used the word strident to describe Elizabeth Warren. I've been trying to think of the exact thing it is that bothers me so much about her, and that's exactly it. She seems too emotional, too desperate to convince, just too much, really. And that's the problem a lot of women candidates have. It's either that they are very competent, well spoken and emotionally cool, like Hillary, which men are afraid of, or they're too strident because they are trying so hard to get a point across that a man can just speak out about and be heard.

Thank YOU for fleshing out my own meaning for me.

I still want to see and hear from more candidates, male and female, but you're certainly correct that the women have a much tougher row to hoe.  I certainly found that out during my 30 year career.

Right now I'm just hoping to heck that Schultz bows out early, even though he's supposedly unfazed so far by the strong opposition to his possible candidacy, which candidacy WAPO calls "ludicrous."   Good word for it.

I don't think he has any ties to Starbucks these days. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if real Americans called for boycotting Starbucks, if only to send a message to Shitty Schultz.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

These are perilous times for candidates running for the Democratic nomination. One misstep can sink a campaign, one poorly chosen phrase can spell doom. I'm thinking of Howard Dean and his "Dean Scream" or (for the R's) Romney's "binders of women" remark.
When John McCain allowed himself to be handled by his campaign experts he started to lose, giving in to choices like Palin for VEEP. He was his own man when he corrected one of his supporters for thinking Obama was a Muslim but for the most part he lost his Maverick status.

Two points about Warren, first I too find her to be too strident, yet competent . When she posted that video (?) of her in her kitchen drinking a beer, I cringed. It was totally false and very awkward. I couldn't believe she was allowing herself to be handled like that. She'd make a good Secretary of the Treasury though.

There is obviously a female/male difference when it comes to expressing emotion. Remember when Kavanaugh foamed at the mouth, screamed, insulted, became so indignant at his Supreme Court hearing? Had a female comported herself in a manner even 25% that forceful they would have sent for the psych techs to haul her hysterical behind out of the hearing room. Any yet, when a woman, Harris in this case, shows emotion, that is not allowed or accepted. I personally thought she hit a happy medium, showing cheerfulness  and sincere concern and determination as needed.

I would vote for a hologram over any Republican candidate. It is early. The ice is thin and any misstep could spell doom but at least we are starting to look at the beginning of the end of this horrible corrupt  administration.

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:The ice is thin and any misstep could spell doom but at least we are starting to look at the beginning of the end of this horrible corrupt  administration.

From your lips, etc. I look forward with gusto to the time Trump and friends are relegated to the trash heap of history, as my favorite stolen phrase goes.

As for Kavanaugh, his behavior was deplorable, period. Agree that a woman in his seat acting that way would've been disqualified ex post haste. It just sucks, pure and simple, that his nomination was confirmed. Sucks!!

Deus X

Deus X

RealLindaL wrote:...you're certainly correct that the women have a much tougher row to hoe. 

Oh, great, here we go with the "male privilege" bullshit again--boo-hoo-hoo. The fact is that it's men that do all the shitty, dangerous, dirty jobs it takes to keep a society running, all the killing and dying.

Remember, it's always women and children first. You're welcome!

It's early, but who are you leaning toward in the 2020 Dem potential field? - Page 2 VmxF9Ny

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:...you're certainly correct that the women have a much tougher row to hoe. 

Oh, great, here we go with the "male privilege" bullshit again--boo-hoo-hoo. The fact is that it's men that do all the shitty, dangerous, dirty jobs it takes to keep a society running, all the killing and dying.  

Remember, it's always women and children first. You're welcome!

It's early, but who are you leaning toward in the 2020 Dem potential field? - Page 2 Man_ko11

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......Mr Pussy Lips and angry inch is having his friend again. Twisted Evil

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:The ice is thin and any misstep could spell doom but at least we are starting to look at the beginning of the end of this horrible corrupt  administration.

From your lips, etc.  I look forward with gusto to the time Trump and friends are relegated to the trash heap of history, as my favorite stolen phrase goes.

As for Kavanaugh, his behavior was deplorable, period.  Agree that a woman in his seat acting that way would've been disqualified ex post haste.   It just sucks, pure and simple, that his nomination was confirmed. Sucks!!

It's early, but who are you leaning toward in the 2020 Dem potential field? - Page 2 58336e29

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum