Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republican turnout record levels and outpace democrats by more than 10% in key states

+9
PkrBum
EmeraldGhost
RealLindaL
bigdog
Telstar
Floridatexan
zsomething
Deus X
2seaoat
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:There was no steele and there was no russian counterintelligence until Hillary and the dnc funded it.

Period.

At least you had the good sense to keep your other scapegoat George Soros out of your propaganda.  ......the puppet master.......yep, you sure used his name a lot......never thought you would be contributing to hate......but what you ply as truth is simply not going to be hidden when for years you have scapegoated the jew, and tried to make Obama and Clinton part of the Globalist......it gets ugly when you intentions which are not well hidden result in dead jews worshipping.  Not your fault.  Not Trump's fault.  Not the fascist's fault..........it is the anti religious comedians.......yep keep shoveling that hate.

Absurd. I've never even mentioned his religion. I don't even think he practices religion. His ideology is the issue. It's also stupid to blame trump. He's known to be a friend to the Jewish and Israel. His grandkids are Jewish.

2seaoat

Absurd. I've never even mentioned his religion.

Now that is just the cat's meow.......nazi antisemitism directed at Soros throughout western Europe, and you put your hate in the washer and dry it up al nice and fold it.......I never mentioned his religion.......really?

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:Absurd. I've never even mentioned his religion.

Now that is just the cat's meow.......nazi antisemitism directed at Soros throughout western Europe, and you put your hate in the washer and dry it up al nice and fold it.......I never mentioned his religion.......really?

Yes... never mentioned it. Not once. Don't care.

bigdog

Floridatexan wrote:
DeusX wrote:That's right, bigass, it's all about YOU and what YOU posted. It's YOUR world and everybody else is just living in it. Get some help.

What is wrong with you?

It's okay. Some folks can't take the truth.
Deus doesn't like me for some reason and the real problem is, I don't care.

zsomething

Republican turnout record levels and outpace democrats by more than 10% in key states - Page 4 Dq1tcl1V4AAYm2K

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:Republican turnout record levels and outpace democrats by more than 10% in key states - Page 4 Dq1tcl1V4AAYm2K

I think just "hatred of Democrats" is a little too easy. There were millions of Obama-Trump voters, people who voted for Obama then voted for Trump.

Here's quote from a University of Virginia study:

Conclusion

Different sources offer varying estimates of Obama 2012-Trump 2016 voters. The ANES found that about 13% of all Trump voters cast a ballot for Obama in 2012. Meanwhile, the CCES found a slightly smaller figure of around 11%. Lastly, the UVA Center for Politics poll found that about 15% of Trump voters claimed to have backed Obama four years earlier. Using these percentages (not rounded) and Trump’s overall 2016 vote total, estimates of the raw number of such Obama-Trump voters range from about 6.7 million to 9.2 million. That’s a wide range, and considering the caveats regarding voter recall of past votes, it is important to be clear about the relative uncertainty of these figures.

Nonetheless, these surveys offer additional evidence about a critical part of the 2016 equation: the millions of voters who switched from Obama in 2012 to Trump in 2016. Given the extremely close margins in some states, particularly the Rust Belt trio of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, these voters played a crucial role in handing over the White House to the GOP.

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/just-how-many-obama-2012-trump-2016-voters-were-there/

It looks like there were millions, 6 to 9 million, of Obama-Trump voters, so just hatred of Democrats doesn't explain them--there was something else going on. My opinion is that it was hatred of the status quo, not hatred of Democrats that explains it--both Romney in 2012 and Hillary in 2016 represented the status quo for them.

Google "Obama-Trump voters" and check out the Wikipedia article. There are some links to good articles about this in References

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:
zsomething wrote:Republican turnout record levels and outpace democrats by more than 10% in key states - Page 4 Dq1tcl1V4AAYm2K

I think just "hatred of Democrats" is a little too easy. There were millions of Obama-Trump voters, people who voted for Obama then voted for Trump.

Here's quote from a University of Virginia study:

Conclusion

Different sources offer varying estimates of Obama 2012-Trump 2016 voters. The ANES found that about 13% of all Trump voters cast a ballot for Obama in 2012. Meanwhile, the CCES found a slightly smaller figure of around 11%. Lastly, the UVA Center for Politics poll found that about 15% of Trump voters claimed to have backed Obama four years earlier. Using these percentages (not rounded) and Trump’s overall 2016 vote total, estimates of the raw number of such Obama-Trump voters range from about 6.7 million to 9.2 million. That’s a wide range, and considering the caveats regarding voter recall of past votes, it is important to be clear about the relative uncertainty of these figures.

Nonetheless, these surveys offer additional evidence about a critical part of the 2016 equation: the millions of voters who switched from Obama in 2012 to Trump in 2016. Given the extremely close margins in some states, particularly the Rust Belt trio of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, these voters played a crucial role in handing over the White House to the GOP.

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/just-how-many-obama-2012-trump-2016-voters-were-there/

It looks like there were millions, 6 to 9 million, of Obama-Trump voters, so just hatred of Democrats doesn't explain them--there was something else going on. My opinion is that it was hatred of the status quo, not hatred of Democrats that explains it--both Romney in 2012 and Hillary in 2016 represented the status quo for them.

Yet to them 1% Trump didn't represent the status quo. Wonder if the'll still be up Trump's ass if he hangs around long enough to revoke Obamacare, Roe v Wade, Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare and any and all constitutional rights he has a mind to.

Deus X

Deus X

Telstar wrote:Yet to them 1% Trump didn't represent the status quo.

It's not that Trump DIDN'T represent the status quo, it's that Hillary DID.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Deus X

Deus X

Republican turnout record levels and outpace democrats by more than 10% in key states - Page 4 Eabuztn

bigdog

I won't feed the troll except to say that the guy on the tape is a very savvy political operative. People like that get other people elected. That's his job. No big deal.

Deus X

Deus X

bigdog wrote:I won't feed the troll except to say...

You just did. DUH!

bigdog

The troll is trying to make people angry.
Instead his post made me glad the guy in the video is on the right side of this election.
The guy knows his job and that makes me happy.

You can call that feeding if you want to, but absent a fight, the troll isn't happy. And he sure isn't getting one from that video.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Your subjective end justifies any means. I know.

Deus X

Deus X

Republican turnout record levels and outpace democrats by more than 10% in key states - Page 4 Eabuztn

bigdog

Hey, Seaoat, here's one to depress you. Early voting ended most places today, and three times as many young voters (under 30) have already voted this year than voted early in the last mid-terms.
That's three times as many. And many, many, young voters do not register with either party.

del.capslock

del.capslock

bigdog wrote: Early voting ended most places today, and three times as many young voters (under 30) have already voted this year than voted early in the last mid-terms.
That's three times as many. And many, many, young voters do not register with either party.

You got a reference or a link for any of those statistics or do you just make 'em up?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

RealLindaL

I heard the stat about roughly three times as many under 30's having voted early this election vs. 2014, on MSNBC tonight.

Problem is getting the rest of them who haven't yet voted - specifically millenials - to the polls.

Another problem, I'm afraid -- and not just as to young voters -- may be the predicted rainy and/or rough weather on Tuesday.   Historically, bad weather on election day inhibits the Democratic vote more so than the Republican -- ostensibly, as I recall, because  those unable to afford transportation to the polls (i.e., walkers) are more likely to be Dems.

bigdog

RealLinda, Great minds think alike. MSNBC was my source for that information too.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:RealLinda, Great minds think alike. MSNBC was my source for that information too.

They either think alike, or they watch the same networks. Smile

I remain concerned about Tuesday's weather in the eastern half of the nation, tho. Can always hope the forecasts will be just as wrong as they usually are, but it's a real worry.

bigdog

Eviidently, that blue wave started to roll in this weekend in Florida:

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/11/04/with-weekend-surge-in-early-voting-florida-democrats-close-in-on-gop/

The best thing is those non-party voters tend to vote Democratic. I'm guessing a lot of them are young people. Most of the young people I know prefer not to register as either Democrats or Republicans. I can't say that I blame them.
Things are looking good.
Real Clear politics also shows the Dems might pick up as many as 7 governors seats as well. That will help a lot with expanding Medicaid under Obamacare and also with the fight against gerrymandering.
Donald T.Rump will not be happy Tuesday night, I hope.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:Most of the young people I know prefer not to register as either Democrats or Republicans.

Lots of us old people are also NPA's.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:Donald T.Rump will not be happy Tuesday night, I hope.

From your lips, etc.

Still, I wish the Senate could also fall. Despite all the reasoned analysis, I still have a very hard time accepting the fact that so many fellow Americans can vote Republican (i.e., to support Trump, who, I still believe, will end up on the trash heap of history).

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
bigdog wrote:Donald T.Rump will not be happy Tuesday night, I hope.

From your lips, etc.

Still, I wish the Senate could also fall.  Despite all the reasoned analysis, I still have a very hard time accepting the fact that so many fellow Americans can vote Republican (i.e., to support Trump, who, I still believe, will end up on the trash heap of history).

I'M WITH YOU ON THAT LINDA . . . . . !!!

zsomething

It'd be nice if Dems could take the Senate. Polling isn't looking that way, but, who knows with polling nowdays? I'm not counting on the Senate (hell, I worry enough about the house, given the aggressive gerrymandering and cheating Republicans are doing), but I'd welcome the surprise. I'm hoping we flip a lot of governorships, too.

I doubt my dumbassed state will flip much, but I'm definitely gonna be voting. I'm behind schedule on getting the semi-feral cat I take care of her rabies shots, so provided I can locate her in the morning, I'll take her to the vet, then go vote when there probably won't be a big line. I'm gonna have to be at work late for the vet thing, anyway, so, why not? I swear, that kid's the worst to take to the vet... I could skip lunch and leave work early and do it, but there'd be no guarantee she'd be around. She disappeared for six weeks once...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum