Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turnout in 2016 does not bode well for democrats in general election

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.southernstudies.org/2016/03/2016-elections-gop-turnout-soars-democratic-turnou.html

All it took was some racist comments, and you get near record republican turn out in the south......who would have guessed.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

About this...

"In the seven states that have hosted Democratic presidential preference primaries so far — Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia
— turnout has averaged 12 percent of the state's electorate. That's down from 22 percent in the party's 2008 primary, meaning 2.6 million fewer Democratic voters cast ballots this year."

I see it's finally happened.  Florida is no longer a part of the south.  lol

2seaoat

South Florida when I visit friends each year during the winter is like most of America. The Panhandle is a very unique place in so many ways. Some bad and some good, but it is certainly not mainstream America.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The article wasn't about the vote in "mainstream america". It was about the vote in the South. And since Florida wasn't included, it's as if Florida is no longer in the south.

2seaoat

Mainstream America is not fighting the civil war again, and South Florida is definitely mainstream and not part of the elevator music folks.......and they have pizza to boot. Yankee babyboomers are filling the state and declaring full time residency. I have at least five friends who have abandoned their Illinois residence and spend six months and a day in Florida, get the homestead exemption, pay no five percent(now 3.5%) state income tax, and have downsized their homes in Illinois for the summer months not paying much in the way of property taxes. They are civilized, they know what a good pizza is, they could give a chit about SEC football, and watch pro sports, and they are educated and have discretionary income........not one of them has moved to the panhandle......I love the panhandle. I love the people. It is a flashback to 1950 north Birmingham where I was immersed in loving southern culture....so yea.....southern....southern Alabama is still in the south, but the rest of Florida...is becoming mainstream.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually seaoat you have no idea of what you're blabbering about.
Not only was the racist elevator music born in north florida, it found it's first home at Criterion studios in Miami. That's where Allman teamed up with Eric Clapton to record Layla, that other anthem of racist elevator music.
If you're going to preach about the racist elevator music, at least try to have some semblance of knowledge about it.

2seaoat

You do not disappoint......I thought when referencing the elevator music that you would of course "inform" me that the dope bros were from Florida.....no chit, and as to Eric teaming up with one of the dope bros to do layla.....you are the one who needs to learn.....layla was recorded years earlier in one version which has its merits and dope bro did collaborate with the more popular version.....there were many who collaborated.....but it was mostly Eric's genius which despite having a dope bro there does not change a thing......third floor please.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:You do not disappoint......I thought when referencing the elevator music that you would of course "inform" me that the dope bros were from Florida.....no chit, and as to Eric teaming up with one of the dope bros to do layla.....you are the one who needs to learn.....layla was recorded years earlier in one version which has its merits and dope bro did collaborate with the more popular version.....there were many who collaborated.....but it was mostly Eric's genius which despite having a dope bro there does not change a thing......third floor please.

I apologize,  seaoat.  I got it wrong.  I just went and did further research and learned that Clapton didn't want to have anything to do with a dope smoking racist like Duane Allman because Clapton hated racism and never did any drugs.  AND he thought Allman's music was racist and should be heard on elevators.  
And you're also correct about geograpy.  Florida has never been part of the South.

2seaoat

just went and did further research and learned that Clapton didn't want to have anything to do with a dope smoking racist like Duane Allman because Clapton hated racism and never did any drugs.

Now I really know you are clueless about music and the history of music.....You did not even realize the rap on Eric is that he is a flaming racist and xenophobe who has supported far right politicians in Europe with racist agendas...no surprise he could see through the token and get down with a fellow good old boy......wrapped in the confederate flag.......at least Eric had talent. basement please....the sub basement where

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: just went and did further research and learned that Clapton didn't want to have anything to do with a dope smoking racist like Duane Allman because Clapton hated racism and never did any drugs.

Now I really know you are clueless about music and the history of music.....You did not even realize the rap on Eric is that he is a flaming racist and xenophobe who has supported far right politicians in Europe with racist agendas...no surprise he could see through the token and get down with a fellow good old boy......wrapped in the confederate flag.......at least Eric had talent.  basement please....the sub basement where

The only politician Duane Allman or Greg Allman ever supported (and I mean they REALLY supported him)  was that symbol of southern racism - Jimmy Carter.  If there's one thing Jimmy Carter is known for, it's racism.  That's why the Ku Klux Klan endorsed him for President.  

And everyone like yourself who is an expert on music,  believes Duane Allman had no talent and the music he created needs to be relegated to elevators.  
Only those who know absolutely nothing about music,  like myself, believe otherwise.  Say like for instance the know nothings at Rolling Stone...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-20111123/duane-allman-20111122

I think that absolutely proves the music know nothings at Rolling Stone are nothing but a bunch of goddamn racists.

lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Being an expert on music,  seaoat,  you'll be very familiar with who David Fricke is...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Fricke

Fricke has to be the biggest music know nothing and racist of them all.  
Because how else could he have come up with this pick as his 2nd greatest guitar player after Jimi Hendrix...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-of-all-time-19691231/duane-allman-20101202

I mean all you have to do is see what this guy looks like.  If this is not the look of a redneck racist then I don't know what is...

Turnout in 2016 does not bode well for democrats in general election Fricke10

lol

2seaoat

You did not even know about the original layla......I mean I may not hold myself out as a music expert, but somebody would have to fall off the turnip truck to think one of the dope bros had anything to do with the original version which I wore out listening to, and liked. Now granted in 73 the second version got to be more popular but each has its merits.......in regard to who was listening to southern rock.....yea....racist who had their fill of black urban music....today they probably have reverted to country, watch hockey, and tell folks how things have changed.....Rolling stone did not even have them in the top fifty so their appearance in the elevator is no surprise.

2seaoat

A dope bros before Paige and Beck......now that is funny, but the best part of his list is Garcia is on the top 10......now you know the guy is just f'ing around when he puts Garcia as number 8. Sorry charlie...nobody in this world puts a dope bro as number 2.....except those folks who were oblivious to the original Layla..........there is a reason they are in elevators now........

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:You did not even know about the original layla......I mean I may not hold myself out as a music expert, but somebody would have to fall off the turnip truck to think one of the dope bros had anything to do with the original version which I wore out listening to, and liked.  Now granted in 73 the second version got to be more popular but each has its merits

Seaoat,  what in the world are you blabbering about.  If you believe that Duane Allman was on a second version of Layla recorded in 1973,  then Clapton must have dug Allman's body up from the grave for that one because Allman died in 1971.  lol

The original version of Layla was the title track of an album entitled "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs" by Derek and the Dominos (Clapton's band) released in late 1970.  That's the one you listened to .  And THAT'S the one Allman played on.

Last edited by Bob on 4/26/2016, 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: Sorry charlie...nobody in this world puts a dope bro as number 2.....except those folks who were oblivious to the original Layla..........there is a reason they are in elevators now........

Firstly,  seaoat,  Eric Clapton was a doper of monumental proportions.
In the movie documentary about Ginger Baker ("Beware Mr. Baker"),  Clapton says he was unaware of the amount of dope Baker was taking because he (Clapton) was always so wasted himself.  lol

But what is this "original" Layla you keep talking about?  When did Clapton record a version of Layla BEFORE the Derek and the Dominos album which featured Allman?  Give me the particulars on it.  Was it on an album or was it just released as a single?  And on what record label?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Clapton originally wrote "Layla" as a ballad, with lyrics describing his unrequited love for Boyd, but the song became a "rocker" when Allman reportedly composed the song's signature riff.[16] With the band assembled and Dowd producing, "Layla" was recorded in its now-familiar rock form. The recording of the first section consisted of sixteen tracks of which six guitar tracks: a rhythm track by Clapton, three tracks of harmonies played by Clapton (the main power chord riff on both channels and two harmonies against that main riff, one on the left channel and one on the right channel), a track of solos by Allman (fretted solos with bent notes during the verses and a slide solo during the outro[18]), and one track with both Allman and Clapton playing duplicate solos (the 7-note "signature" riff doubled in two octaves and the 12-note "signature" riff doubled in unison).[16][19] While recording this duplicate solos master track each player used one input of the same two-input Fender Champ amplifier.[18]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layla

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Read this, seaoat. This is the story of how the two racist musicians first connected up with each other. It was at a Klan meeting. lol

http://www.hittinthenote.com/HTN26-Clapton.pdf

2seaoat

At least you are getting educated now.....the Dope bros had Nothing to do with the original Layla......always here to help folks who go to wiki to try to justify elevator music.....number 2 guitarist......gawd......really? Garcia number 8.....the king of being out of tune.....I have entered the twilight zone.....revisionist history......I suppose you can now take of the banner of T and call the Civil War the war of northern aggression. fifth floor please.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:At least you are getting educated now.....the Dope bros had Nothing to do with the original Layla

No the Dope bros had nothing to do with any version of Layla. Just Duane Allman alone without any other Dope Bros was on the original recording of Layla recorded in Criterion Studios in Miami.
The same version you listened to and liked very much. The one in which every early rock music buff agrees was greatly helped by Duane Allman's collaboration with Eric Clapton. And so does Clapton.

Of course that's because both of them were racists like Jimmy Carter. lol

2seaoat

The song gives no credit to a dope brother other than some guitar playing which Jim Gordon and Rita Coolige are credited as having worked the song with Eric.....sorry charlie revisionist theory......maybe they should have used Garcia to fill the void of a dope bro, but the song was formed LONG before dope bro had any input. Clapton was doing charity work. I like the acoustic version best.....much cleaner......no elevator music however in any version......but then again there was an artist involved.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:The song gives no credit to a dope brother other than some guitar playing which Jim Gordon and Rita Coolige are credited as having worked the song with Eric.....sorry charlie revisionist theory......maybe they should have used Garcia to fill the void of a dope bro, but the song was formed LONG before dope bro had any input.  Clapton was doing charity work.  I like the acoustic version best.....much cleaner......no elevator music however in any version......but then again there was an artist involved.

First of all,  you keep writing the name Garcia in these posts.   What in the name of fuck does Jerry Garcia have to do with any of this?  lol

Second of all,  THE VERY FIRST GODDAMN RECORDING OF THE SONG "LAYLA" WAS BY DEREK AND THE DOMINOES AND IT WAS THE RECORD DUANE ALLMAN PLAYED ON.  IN FACT HE PLAYED ON SEVERAL OF THE TRACKS FROM THE SAME ALBUM.  THIS WAS THE VERSION YOU SAID YOU LIKED SO MUCH BEFORE BUT NOW THAT YOU REALIZE THE RECORD YOU SAID YOU LIKED SO MUCH WAS THE SAME RECORD ALLMAN PLAYED ON,  NOW YOU'RE TELLING US IT'S THE ACOUSTIC VERSION OF THE SONG YOU LIKE SO MUCH EVEN THOUGH CLAPTON RECORDED THE ACOUSTIC VERSION 20 FUCKING YEARS LATER.  
AT FIRST YOU WENT TO GOOGLING ABOUT ALL THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND YOU ERRONEOUSLY THOUGHT YOU READ THAT IT WAS NOT THE FIRST VERSION AND OF COURSE YOU COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU IS THIS.  WHEN I FIND OUT I'M WRONG ABOUT SOMETHING I FESS UP TO IT.  YOU,  ON THE OTHER HAND,  HAVE NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED THAT YOU ARE EVER WRONG ABOUT ANYTHING.  

AND THIRDLY,  it's not Duane Allman or Eric Clapton who are the bigoted ones.  It's you who are hands down the most bigoted person I've ever encountered and you don't even know it.

dumpcare

He's either is screwing with you Bob or read right over the Duane Allman on wiki:

During the recording of the album, Duane Allman joined Clapton's fledgling band as a guest. Clapton and Allman, already mutual fans, were introduced at an Allman Brothers concert by Tom Dowd.[15][time needed] The two hit it off well and soon became good friends. Dowd said of their guitar-playing chemistry: "There had to be some sort of telepathy going on because I've never seen spontaneous inspiration happen at that rate and level. One of them would play something, and the other reacted instantaneously. Never once did either of them have to say, 'Could you play that again, please?' It was like two hands in a glove. And they got tremendously off on playing with each other."[16] Dowd was already famous for a variety of work and had worked with Clapton in his Cream days (Clapton once called him "the ideal recording man"); his work on the album would be another achievement. For the making of his biographical film Tom Dowd and the Language of Music, he remixed the original master tapes of "Layla,"[17] saying, "There are my principles, in one form or another."[15][time needed]

Clapton originally wrote "Layla" as a ballad, with lyrics describing his unrequited love for Boyd, but the song became a "rocker" when Allman reportedly composed the song's signature riff.[16] With the band assembled and Dowd producing, "Layla" was recorded in its now-familiar rock form. The recording of the first section consisted of sixteen tracks of which six guitar tracks: a rhythm track by Clapton, three tracks of harmonies played by Clapton (the main power chord riff on both channels and two harmonies against that main riff, one on the left channel and one on the right channel), a track of solos by Allman (fretted solos with bent notes during the verses and a slide solo during the outro[18]), and one track with both Allman and Clapton playing duplicate solos (the 7-note "signature" riff doubled in two octaves and the 12-note "signature" riff doubled in unison).[16][19] While recording this duplicate solos master track each player used one input of the same two-input Fender Champ amplifier.[18]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The song gives no credit to a dope brother other than some guitar playing which Jim Gordon and Rita Coolige are credited as having worked the song with Eric.....sorry charlie revisionist theory......maybe they should have used Garcia to fill the void of a dope bro, but the song was formed LONG before dope bro had any input.  Clapton was doing charity work.  I like the acoustic version best.....much cleaner......no elevator music however in any version......but then again there was an artist involved.

First of all,  you keep writing the name Garcia in these posts.   What in the name of fuck does Jerry Garcia have to do with any of this?  lol

Second of all,  THE VERY FIRST GODDAMN RECORDING OF THE SONG "LAYLA" WAS BY DEREK AND THE DOMINOES AND IT WAS THE RECORD DUANE ALLMAN PLAYED ON.  IN FACT HE PLAYED ON SEVERAL OF THE TRACKS FROM THE SAME ALBUM.  THIS WAS THE VERSION YOU SAID YOU LIKED SO MUCH BEFORE BUT NOW THAT YOU REALIZE THE RECORD YOU SAID YOU LIKED SO MUCH WAS THE SAME RECORD ALLMAN PLAYED ON,  NOW YOU'RE TELLING US IT'S THE ACOUSTIC VERSION OF THE SONG YOU LIKE SO MUCH EVEN THOUGH CLAPTON RECORDED THE ACOUSTIC VERSION 20 FUCKING YEARS LATER.  
AT FIRST YOU WENT TO GOOGLING ABOUT ALL THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND YOU ERRONEOUSLY THOUGHT YOU READ THAT IT WAS NOT THE FIRST VERSION AND OF COURSE YOU COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU IS THIS.  WHEN I FIND OUT I'M WRONG ABOUT SOMETHING I FESS UP TO IT.  YOU,  ON THE OTHER HAND,  HAVE NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED THAT YOU ARE EVER WRONG ABOUT ANYTHING.  

AND THIRDLY,  it's not Duane Allman or Eric Clapton who are the bigoted ones.  It's you who are hands down the most bigoted person I've ever encountered and you don't even know it.

lol That allman brother band is the bible to ol'e bobby.  lol.   Explain me this, bobby.  My grandpappy said you're wrong.  lol Watch, everyone. Bobby is going to give us more facts about music. lol. That's the bible to him.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

lol That allman brother band is the bible to ol'e bobby.  lol.   Explain me this, bobby.  My grandpappy said you're wrong.  lol  Watch, everyone.  Bobby is going to give us more facts about music.  lol.   That's the bible to him.  

I'm a fan of the Allman Brothers for a reason,  bds.  It's the same reason I'm a fan of Jimmy Buffet.  
It's because both are in large part a product of Pensacola and Pensacola Beach,  the same place where I grew up.
It's no different than the boomers who grew up near the Jersey Shore being fans of Springsteen.  Or the boomers who grew up on the California beaches being fans of the Beach Boys

If seaoat was posting messages to a North Jersey forum saying Springsteen is a racist and no talent they would not like it.  And if seaoat was posting messages on a southern california forum saying the Beach Boys were racist and no talent they wouldn't like it either.

And they ESPECIALLY wouldn't like it if seaoat had no idea what he was talking about and he was posting nothing but a bunch of horseshit about when the records were made and what they were.  

It has nothing whatever to do with you,  your grandpappy,  or the bible, son.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum