Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republican turnout record levels and outpace democrats by more than 10% in key states

+9
PkrBum
EmeraldGhost
RealLindaL
bigdog
Telstar
Floridatexan
zsomething
Deus X
2seaoat
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

zsomething

2seaoat wrote:There was no blue wave.  The red wave in senate races was a total democratic failure.  All they had to do was break even, and some Republican moderates would still cross over on crucial issues.  They lost those votes to new senators beholden to Trump.  There were no surprises in the suburbs which turned some districts, but if you look at the actual numbers they were all very close.....not margins which justify anything close to a wave.  The house was historically in a mid term expected to do what happened.  Keep pretending that the K hearings did not matter, they just took the senate in 2020.

Dems were never expected to take the Senate. Sure, there were hopes of it, but even on MSNBC they were admitting that they'd more likely lose a seat or two, Senate-wise. All hopes of Dems taking the senate were just gambling that maybe polls would be wrong, since polling has become an increasingly-inexact science.

Yeah, I was hoping for even more wins from the Dems, and am disappointed that Gillum and Beto and Abrams didn't win (although the jury's still out on Abrams, but I'm not expecting that to come through). Those hurt. But saying there was no blue wave is pretty ridiculous. Dems gained a LOT of seats in the House and a slew of governorships.

As for Kavanaugh... let it go, nobody's motivated by that piece of shit. I know you like him for whatever weird reason, but he's garbage. Conservatives are just happy they got someone confirmed, even if it's an unmanly whiney, sniveling rat-faced drunken rapist frat-boy who gets weepy over calendars. I don't think he was a much of a factor at all, there was too much distance between the Kavanaugh debacle and the election. I know it's a thing to you because you got in arguments about it, but the rest of the world isn't nearly as hung up on him.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:
2seaoat wrote:There was no blue wave.  The red wave in senate races was a total democratic failure.  All they had to do was break even, and some Republican moderates would still cross over on crucial issues.  They lost those votes to new senators beholden to Trump.  There were no surprises in the suburbs which turned some districts, but if you look at the actual numbers they were all very close.....not margins which justify anything close to a wave.  The house was historically in a mid term expected to do what happened.  Keep pretending that the K hearings did not matter, they just took the senate in 2020.

Dems were never expected to take the Senate.  Sure, there were hopes of it, but even on MSNBC they were admitting that they'd more likely lose a seat or two, Senate-wise.   All hopes of Dems taking the senate were just gambling that maybe polls would be wrong, since polling has become an increasingly-inexact science.  

Yeah, I was hoping for even more wins from the Dems, and am disappointed that Gillum and Beto and Abrams didn't win (although the jury's still out on Abrams, but I'm not expecting that to come through).  Those hurt.  But saying there was no blue wave is pretty ridiculous.  Dems gained a LOT of seats in the House and a slew of governorships.  

As for Kavanaugh... let it go, nobody's motivated by that piece of shit.  I know you like him for whatever weird reason, but he's garbage.  Conservatives are just happy they got someone confirmed, even if it's an unmanly whiney, sniveling rat-faced drunken rapist frat-boy who gets weepy over calendars.  I don't think he was a much of a factor at all, there was too much distance between the Kavanaugh debacle and the election.  I know it's a thing to you because you got in arguments about it, but the rest of the world isn't nearly as hung up on him.

Florida is a big let down but they are still counting. Don't hold much hope for that. Maybe the good people of Florida need to constantly disrupt the day to day lives of the racist scum panhandle dens. Get in their faces and disrupt their day to day lives until they see the light. It will do the state and the people no good if another generation in Florida grows up to to be openly racists. Smack and beat the racists down before they infect you and your children. Kavanaugh is just another tumor caused by the Trump cancer in the White House and that is how he will be remembered.

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum