Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republican turnout record levels and outpace democrats by more than 10% in key states

+9
PkrBum
EmeraldGhost
RealLindaL
bigdog
Telstar
Floridatexan
zsomething
Deus X
2seaoat
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

PkrBum

PkrBum

I have a cat that was feral. He just came up to my house about a year ago very sick. So sick that i guess he was desperate. He's just been awesome (after an enormous vet bill). He's the most interested cat I've ever seen about humans. He wants to know what I'm doing at all times. If i close a door he'll reach under to get a grip on it and then rattle the door while yowling. Such a funny character. Is mesmerized by running water. He does go on walkabouts for a few days every once in a while. I worry about him... but he always comes back.

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
bigdog wrote:Donald T.Rump will not be happy Tuesday night, I hope.

From your lips, etc.

Still, I wish the Senate could also fall.  Despite all the reasoned analysis, I still have a very hard time accepting the fact that so many fellow Americans can vote Republican (i.e., to support Trump, who, I still believe, will end up on the trash heap of history).

I'M WITH YOU ON THAT LINDA . . . . . !!!

Can always count on you, knot !!   cheers   cheers cheers

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:I doubt my dumbassed state will flip much, but I'm definitely gonna be voting.

Good for you, z! (And great that you're taking good care of your cat, too.)

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
zsomething wrote:I doubt my dumbassed state will flip much, but I'm definitely gonna be voting.

Good for you, z!  (And great that you're taking good care of your cat, too.)

When it comes to backward states, Mississippi makes Florida look like Utopia in comparison. Mississippi republicans eat their young.

zsomething

Okay, got the cat her shots. Man, do I hate taking her to the vet. The ride up there is just miserable. All that screeching, crying, wailing, clawing, and terror-shitting the whole way there.

And the cat doesn't behave very well, either! *rimshot!*

I keep thinking she'll chill since she's been there four or five times now and should know she's getting to come home afterward, but she still gets upset and poops all over the pet carrier, which makes the ride just a helluva lot of fun. They had to give me the towel I put in the carrier back in a trash bag 'cuz she'd messed it up pretty good. But, she got home, so she's happy now. For two hundred bucks she oughtta be...

And, I voted. Yay! Don't know if any of the people I voted for (other than those running unopposed) will win, but, I'm hopeful. Looks like the Republican vote was split between a massive asshole and an even bigger asshole, so maybe the Dem will get a better chance.

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:Okay, got the cat her shots.   Man, do I hate taking her to the vet.   The ride up there is just miserable.  All that screeching, crying, wailing, clawing, and terror-shitting the whole way there.

And the cat doesn't behave very well, either!    *rimshot!*

lol! lol! lol!

Will be interested in the MS election results. Let us know.

bigdog

Lines are long. Record turnouts predicted.
Lots of young people voting.

Uh, Seaoat?

bigdog

Oh yeah, and not a word on the news today about Brett Kavanaugh's effect on the election.

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:
zsomething wrote:Okay, got the cat her shots.   Man, do I hate taking her to the vet.   The ride up there is just miserable.  All that screeching, crying, wailing, clawing, and terror-shitting the whole way there.

And the cat doesn't behave very well, either!    *rimshot!*

lol!   lol!   lol!

Will be interested in the MS election results.  Let us know.

So far one friend of mine said the voting machine would only let him vote on one race per screen, which was odd. I don't know if that'd be fraud or just a problem with that particular machine. He didn't alert the polling place to it, though, so I blessed him out a little. They need to know about that stuff. And I really wouldn't put it past Mississippi to try to defraud voters. The state has a long history of it. We're one of the most corrupt states in the nation. Which, oddly, seems to go with being one of the most conservative states...

bigdog

Hey Seaoat, the House of Representatives now belongs to the Democrats.
Florida voters in my part of the state are racist, right wing, Fox TV loving fools. Otherwise, we'd have a Democrat Senator and Governor.

Heh- The  NEW Chair of the Ways and Means Committee has ALREADY said he is requesting the president's tax returns. TONIGHT.  He's not waiting to ask tomorrow.
Federal Law says he can go to the IRS and get them unless there's a lawsuit saying otherwise.

2seaoat

the losses in the senate were not expected, and are going to be hard to win the senate in 2020. Florida really dropped the ball. Illinois did their part, but the blue wave was really non existent. Fortunately, with the history of midterms going to the party out of power. I am very happy about the house, but I hope they use better discretion than the F'up in the confirmation hearings, and speak quietly and carry a big subpoena stick.

Deus X

Deus X

bigdog wrote:
The  NEW Chair of the Ways and Means Committee has ALREADY said he is requesting the president's tax returns. TONIGHT.  He's not waiting to ask tomorrow.

HEH! Well, that'll be fun to watch. They don't even take office till January, you dumb shit!

zsomething

Well, it wasn't the tsunami I was hoping for, but I'm pretty unappeasable -- as long as even one Republicans getting even one vote I'll think that's one vote too many. I have little patience for stupidity, and it's flat-out-fucking-stupid to vote for Republicans anymore. If there was ever any doubt that they're the dumbshit party, electing Trump has removed it.

I really wanted Beto and Gillum and Abrams, so that's a disappointment. Although Mike Espy got a run-off in Mississippi, which is great... although without McDaniel (who is a heeee-YUUUUUGE piece of shit, by the way) splitting the conservative votes, it'll probably be a wash. I'll still be voting on the 27th, regardless.

I figured we wouldn't get the senate, but Republicans getting a few pick-ups there is an ouch. But, the House is now comfortably Dem, and Trump's life is about to get a whole lot more unpleasant, because some things Republicans should have done if they had any integrity will likely get put in motion. Once those tax returns come out the myth of Trump is bye-bye, because he's all cardboard and tinsel with nothing behind it.

And by 2020 the stuff he's doing to the economy will likely be taking effect... when he runs out of Obama accomplishments to take credit for, he's screwed. So, as a preview of even more in 2020, this wasn't bad a'tall. Smile

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:Well, it wasn't the tsunami I was hoping for, but I'm pretty unappeasable -- as long as even one Republicans getting even one vote I'll think that's one vote too many.   I have little patience for stupidity, and it's flat-out-fucking-stupid to vote for Republicans anymore.  If there was ever any doubt that they're the dumbshit party, electing Trump has removed it.

Music to my ears but don't get too eager about seeing his tax returns, Mr Newt says that's why Kavanaugh is there, to protect mushroom from investigations.

PkrBum

PkrBum

If leftists would reject their current leadership for normal people that aren’t completely bat shit crazy (see: kavanaugh hearings) and stop being economic idiots they would never lose another national election. In the mean time the kavanaugh effect gave pubs the Senate so trump will keep pushing through judges and even an impeachment has no teeth. The house will probably continue the insanity ensuring trump the 2020 election. Congratulations comrades... lol.

Telstar

Telstar

Republican turnout record levels and outpace democrats by more than 10% in key states - Page 5 Aces_a11

bigdog

Just checking out the official Florida election sight. In Broward county, which is heavily democratic, not all vote by mail results, nor all early voting results have been recorded yet. In Palm Beach, no vote by mail ballots have been recorded yet. Duval County is also late sending in their by mail results. Nearly no counties have completed their provisional ballots and, of course, the 10 day delay military ballots that are still out have not been counted.
I'm not saying Scott won't be the next Senator, but Nelson is right in not conceding yet. Also, with only a 30K vote difference, there will be a recount.

We know what happened last recount in Florida when a Republican secretary of state ran a recount, right?
It's a tough row to hoe, but still possible.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:
It's a tough row to hoe, but still possible.

All we can do is hope. Do you have the URL for that election site?

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://dos.myflorida.com/elections/laws-rules/rules/

Telstar

Telstar

Republican turnout record levels and outpace democrats by more than 10% in key states - Page 5 Aces_a14

bigdog

https://floridaelectionwatch.gov/CountyReportingStatus

The site says election night results, but it has been updated during the day today. I'm assuming they will continue to update it until all the data is in. You can click on the individual counties that have not counted all their ballots by mail and see which party those counties  voted for yesterday.

bigdog

2seaoat wrote:the losses in the senate were not expected, and are going to be hard to win the senate in 2020.  Florida really dropped the ball.   Illinois did their part, but the blue wave was really non existent.  Fortunately, with the history of midterms going to the party out of power.   I am very happy about the house, but I hope they use better discretion than the F'up in the confirmation hearings, and speak quietly and carry a big subpoena stick.
The blue wave gave Democrats at least a 25 vote majority in the House where they were well behind before. As for your theory that Americans wouldn't vote for minorities or women, one hundred and ten women were elected yesterday to either the House or the Senate. They will now make up one fourth of both those houses of Congress. One fourth, seaoat. Democrats also gained at least 7 new governors seats, which means that Medicaid under Obamacare will now expand to millions of Americans who didn't have a chance at it before. It means that in 2020 when the new census comes in, the Republicans won't be able to gerrymander districts in those states and the damage already done can be corrected. Democratic governors can see to that.  It's too bad about Florida, but the rest of the country did experience a nice big blue wave, like it or not. I hope they don't speak quietly at all. I hope they scream treason to the top of the halls of Congress until everybody in America realizes what a traitor he is to this country. I hope they intimidate and shove and threaten the Republicans just like has been done to them the last 8 years. The bastards deserve every bit of it.

2seaoat

There was no blue wave. The red wave in senate races was a total democratic failure. All they had to do was break even, and some Republican moderates would still cross over on crucial issues. They lost those votes to new senators beholden to Trump. There were no surprises in the suburbs which turned some districts, but if you look at the actual numbers they were all very close.....not margins which justify anything close to a wave. The house was historically in a mid term expected to do what happened. Keep pretending that the K hearings did not matter, they just took the senate in 2020.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:There was no blue wave.  The red wave in senate races was a total democratic failure.  All they had to do was break even, and some Republican moderates would still cross over on crucial issues.  They lost those votes to new senators beholden to Trump.  There were no surprises in the suburbs which turned some districts, but if you look at the actual numbers they were all very close.....not margins which justify anything close to a wave.  The house was historically in a mid term expected to do what happened.  Keep pretending that the K hearings did not matter, they just took the senate in 2020.

Exactly.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:https://floridaelectionwatch.gov/CountyReportingStatus

The site says election night results, but it has been updated during the day today. I'm assuming they will continue to update it until all the data is in. You can click on the individual counties that have not counted all their ballots by mail and see which party those counties  voted for yesterday.

Thanks, bigdog. I'll check it out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum