Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA Basketball

+5
Sal
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Telstar
boards of FL
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 20]

276NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/2/2017, 10:26 am

2seaoat

Three rings.....can you say Buffalo Bills four consecutive Super Bowl appearances.

277NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/2/2017, 10:56 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

The ring argument has been refuted on this forum even more than the Labor Force Participation Rate.

It isn't a knock against LeBron that - fresh out of high school - he inherited the 17 win Cavs and took them to a Final in four years. Jordan - after three years of college - inherited the 27 win Bulls in an Eastern division where going 30-52 would get you into the playoffs, and he still got first rounded every year until HOF talent came to save the day.

Only a baby-boomer Jordan fanboy views limping in to the playoffs on a 30-52 team and getting first rounded as preferable to taking a considerably weaker team to a Final in a considerably stronger division and losing.

Even if we hold all else constant to help out Jordan, reaching the Final is still better than being first rounded.

278NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/2/2017, 11:23 am

2seaoat

Yes the Buffalo Bills argument has been refuted like the labor participation rate.....four times a bridesmaid. His ship has sailed and now he is the mailman and Thome. All of the above were talented and special. Few would call the Buffalo Bills or Thome all time greats, but keep beating that dead horse. He is three rings away from even being considered, and will you cover your bet this year?

279NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/2/2017, 12:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Spurs took a beating!

280NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/2/2017, 12:50 pm

2seaoat

The three point shot has fundamentally changed the game. Initially, it was not statistically integrated into offenses. Now, it simply is able to change the game, but the Spurs are clearly the better team, but with the three as we saw last year there is a higher probability of fluke wins. Houston is a very good team. The Spurs looked old and single minded in its offense. Really poor ball movement, and until this year, Houston's defense was a joke.

281NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/2/2017, 10:48 pm

2seaoat

Boston and Baltimore are playing a great game two. Fun to watch good basketball in the East.

282NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/2/2017, 11:03 pm

2seaoat

IT had a great game. He is tough as nails. Fearless.

283NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/2/2017, 11:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:IT had a great game.  He is tough as nails. Fearless.

Great overtime win....I like Boston and I really like the coach...I was impressed when he coached Butler.

284NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/2/2017, 11:09 pm

2seaoat

He has the right priorities and his players buy into his game plan.

285NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/3/2017, 12:45 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Warriors looking good.

286NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/3/2017, 7:00 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Isaiah is a boss. I hadn't watched him much... but last night i did and i was impressed. He's the best pg I've seen in a long time. The ankle breaking moves... the passing... the shots... he's something else.

287NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/4/2017, 12:07 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

LeBron is now the #2 all-time playoff scorer after surpassing Kareem last night with 39 points on only 14 shot attempts. 10-14 from the field and 4-6 from down town.

It's looking like another sweep of the first two rounds.

288NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/7/2017, 10:30 pm

knothead

knothead

Cavs completed their sweep of the Raptors tonight . . . . Lebron/Kyrie on the march . . .

289NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/8/2017, 11:09 am

2seaoat

The Pacers and the Raptors have one star apiece.  They would not have even made the playoffs in the west.  The Cavs are an illusion.  When they play a team which has more than one star, their glaring deficiencies in defense will show.  It was an utter fluke last year.  There will be no flukes this year.

290NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/8/2017, 9:03 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

You are right Seaoat....

291NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/8/2017, 10:31 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have been worried about Steve Kerr. He had another procedure couple days ago. I imagine that was to try to put a blood patch on the spinal cord to stop spinal fluid leak.

292NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/9/2017, 5:48 pm

2seaoat

The Warriors are the first team since the iconic Bulls team which I do not think anybody can beat them unless it is a fluke like last year when the Warriors shooting just went cold. When they win it this year that would have made three successive titles, and I fully expect this group to win four to six championships. Curry is just a winner. I have never seen a basketball player with his shooting ability, and as competent of a team conductor. Green had a triple double. Durant can put 30 up at anytime, but what is impressing me is that Green and Durant in combination on Defense is stunning. Klay Thompson plays very good defense and he can light it up. Before this is over, this team may be right up there with the Bulls and the Bill Russell Celtics.

Houston, OK, Utah, and the Spurs could have easily won the weak Eastern division. The Championship will be decided in the West, and honestly the only question is will the Warriors go undefeated through the championship. The way they worked the 2 for 1 at the end of the third quarter was classic basketball, and should be a teaching model for every team in America. The Warriors are just that good.

293NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/9/2017, 6:20 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The Warriors are the first team since the iconic Bulls team which I do not think anybody can beat them unless it is a fluke like last year when the Warriors shooting just went cold.  When they win it this year that would have made three successive titles, and I fully expect this group to win four to six championships.  Curry is just a winner.  I have never seen a basketball player with his shooting ability, and as competent of a  team conductor.  Green had a triple double.  Durant can put 30 up at anytime, but what is impressing me is that Green and Durant in combination on Defense is stunning.  Klay Thompson plays very good defense and he can light it up.  Before this is over, this team may be right up there with the Bulls and the Bill Russell Celtics.

Houston, OK, Utah, and the Spurs could have easily won the weak Eastern division.  The Championship will be decided in the West, and honestly the only question is will the Warriors go undefeated through the championship.  The way they worked the 2 for 1 at the end of the third quarter was classic basketball, and should be a teaching model for every team in America.  The Warriors are just that good.

I agree with that.....Warriors have depth.

294NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/12/2017, 10:43 pm

2seaoat

Boston and Washington are not consistent. It has been a fun game to watch, but honestly the east does not have close to the same quality of basketball as the West. Boston and Washington look tired. Well game 7 in Boston.

295NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/12/2017, 11:04 pm

knothead

knothead

Go Cavs!!!

296NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/13/2017, 12:20 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Boston and Washington are not consistent.  It has been a fun game to watch, but honestly the east does not have close to the same quality of basketball as the West.  Boston and Washington look tired.  Well game 7 in Boston.

Heard the last 5 minutes was good..

Had a great dinner with my kids...Mother's Day Dinner at my favorite restaurant.

297NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/13/2017, 8:15 am

2seaoat

The daughter is bringing the grandkids to the islands and our dog's sister so grandma can take them on golf cart rides and explore the islands. The problem is that with the river flooding some of the roads are impassable as water is covering them. So they will have a limited area to explore. The other problem is that Ellie our dog's sister who we call box of rocks will chase geese like our dog does, but she jumps into the swift river and the geese fool her by landing upstream once she is in the water then she tries to chase them against the current. She wears out and returns to shore.....usually a half mile down stream where we have to retrieve her from a small park. I will have them operate the Lull as we lift the walls for the flush porta pottie we are building. They get all excited about lifting things with the controls which I monitor. A very nice day for grandma because the daughter will pick up lunch.

I think Boston will win at home. It is fitting that the four teams with the best records are fighting for the divisional champs. I never bought the argument that teams can slide through the season and then flip a switch. You are as good as your record. The four teams who were suppose to be vying for the championship are exactly where they should be.

298NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/13/2017, 9:11 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Enjoy Mother's Day weekend.

299NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/14/2017, 11:21 pm

2seaoat

Injuries sure can take the fun out of the playoffs.

300NBA Basketball - Page 12 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/15/2017, 10:35 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Rocky game for the Warriors....but they made it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum