Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA Basketball

+5
Sal
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Telstar
boards of FL
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 20]

151NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/29/2017, 7:20 pm

2seaoat

The Cavs play the Bulls Thursday, but the Bulls need a bunch of help tonight to move up in contention for the eighth playoff spot. If they lose to the Cavs, they are probably done for the year. Too funny that the Cavs are in second place in the really really weak East division where a five hundred record may get you in the playoffs. His legacy is playing in the east for a decade where the east teams were the worst in NBA history over his playing years......he would have probably had one ring if he played on a team in the west......MVP.....that is a joke again this year.

152NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/29/2017, 9:37 pm

2seaoat

Two best teams play in a bit.....warriors vs the spurs......cannot wait.

153NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/29/2017, 10:25 pm

Sal

Sal

Won't be long before the A-team UK dudes are playing the B-team UK dudes in the all star game.

154NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/29/2017, 10:36 pm

2seaoat

North Carolina might disagree.

155NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/29/2017, 10:52 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Two best teams play in a bit.....warriors vs the spurs......cannot wait.
Trying to stay awake....

156NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/30/2017, 3:30 pm

2seaoat

James is not playing defense. I have argued this for three years, but now he only has the Lakers who are trying to lose which has worse nba defense. James and the Cavs are toast. Defense cannot be turned on and off like offense. It is a fact.....the Cavs cannot play a lick of defense and you do not win divisions or championships with this kind of defense. Boards has argued that James can turn it on when he needs to.....Michael NEVER played without amazing defense.....I predict in ten years that James will be one place above the mailman who is in my mind James. The Bulls who totally suck this year have beat the cavs in every game this season......GOAT.....you have to be doing drugs. Yes, James had a great championship series last year and Irving beat the better team, but that fluke will NEVER happen again.......unless James decides to join the Spurs or Warriors with the five years left in his career.

157NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/30/2017, 8:35 pm

2seaoat

The Cavs look terrible. If JR. Smith did not get hot shooting they would be out of this game already. The Bulls and Fred's offense just does not work. He should go back to college where players listen to his soft spoken nice guy routine....Thibs, Jackson, and Pop would laugh at this coaching style, but the most important thing about this coach is that the management can control him.

158NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/30/2017, 9:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

My friends are at the game tonight...

159NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/30/2017, 9:09 pm

2seaoat

At least they are not resting players tonight. It has been a sloppy game for the bulls.

160NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/30/2017, 9:58 pm

2seaoat

The Cavs and Swiss Cheese have a lot in common......many....many...holes. This team does not deserve to win the East with the defense they play. The Bulls suck, and they are not being stopped by this team. With James declining on defense for the last three years......I simply do not see how they advance in the playoffs. I mean Chicago is badly coached, and they have traded away quality players this year. Wade has an injured elbow, and the cavs cannot stop this team........GOAT......that is really funny.

161NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/30/2017, 10:49 pm

2seaoat

The Cavs once again lose to the lowly Bulls. I cannot stress this enough. For folks who never played basketball or any other team sport......you cannot just turn it back on by willing something. The Cavs are a terrible team who lost some key players, and their arrogance about the fluke last year is hysterical. They giggle on the bench like they are actually better than they are.......they have major problems with defense and earlier this year they were hot as a pistol on threes, but that can come and go. No rebounding. No defense, and a clearly declining James will make this a short story.

162NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/31/2017, 10:28 am

2seaoat

I guess my prediction that the Cavs were not even good enough to win the lowly East conference are going to come true. It looks like the Bulls may make the playoffs despite having management trading off great players and putting an inept coach in charge.......they suck......but when they play the second worse defense in the NBA.....they even look good.

163NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/1/2017, 8:16 pm

2seaoat

The Bulls won a close game with Atlanta and now are in a three way tie for the eighth playoff spot with the Heat and the Pacers. The bad news for me is that Jimmy Butler has been talking frankly with management, and it is now being reported that they will trade him as soon as the season is over. What fricking idiots. I am going to start a letter campaign to get gar foreman and Pax fired. I am going to try to drum up as much support after the playoffs. What fricking idiocy that a good kid like Butler who is a first team all star on both offense and defense speaks his mind about the slugs these folks have traded or drafted, and they stab him in the back. Their coach is a total failure. First it was Rondo, and then it was Butler and Wade......well Wade is in the Hall of Fame, and Butler is trending that direction. I think Butler beat Atlanta. The management wanted to tank trading two good players and getting crap in return, and the result was the Bulls fell out of playoff contention, but Butler is going to will them to winning, and hopefully screw their lottery pick.......chit they will blow it anyway. Jerry has to fire Pax and Foreman, and then let fred take his nice guy act back to college.

164NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/2/2017, 8:45 pm

2seaoat

James cannot play a lick of defense consistently.....in spurts....yes, but Paul George got around him and dunked like a fifth grade kid was guarding him. He just cannot cut off a guard driving the basket, and has not been able to for three years.

Oh well Jimmy Butler willed the Bulls to beat NO, and Miami lost, Milwaukee lost, and the cavs are in overtime with the pacers.....when are they going to flip the imaginary switch.......it does not exist. The Cavs are in a race with Boston and they cannot beat the lowly Pacers who do not even have a five hundred record......too funny......the goat discussions have become absurd. The Bulls could move up to fifth in the playoff positioning if Atlanta and Milwaukee continue to stumble. I wonder if the Cavs are intentionally losing to avoid the Bulls who own them......the Bulls suck. The Cavs suck. The east has sucked for a decade and enhanced some careers because of the weak competition.

165NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/2/2017, 9:38 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Just played my first poker tourn in quite a while. 200 entry... I won. Nice cash.

166NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/2/2017, 9:48 pm

2seaoat

Just played my first poker tourn in quite a while. 200 entry... I won. Nice cash.

I am envious. I have not played in a tournament in months, and the last one I played in I lasted two hands. My pain levels sitting down make it very difficult to play. How are your pain levels, and how long did the tournament last?

I played once in Pensacola, but I lost a hundred dollars chasing a flush. I was so happy when I could play poker. The decline has been ugly, but not being able to play poker has been tough. They took the poker room out of Metropolis, so even when I am traveling, I cannot even enjoy a couple hours of a cash game. Hopefully, I will rebound and play another tournament.

167NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/2/2017, 10:54 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I hope you rebound too. The tournament lasted almost 9 hours.  I was fairly comfortable. I was building a good stack early... and then almost got busted... just idiots getting their chips in behind. But then I built back up without any bad beats... I was the chip leader from 6 left. I'm no fun to play with in that position.

168NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/2/2017, 11:15 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Congratulations PkrBum!

169NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/3/2017, 12:15 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Joanimaroni wrote:Congratulations PkrBum!

Thank you..!! It was fun to compete.

170NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/3/2017, 2:38 am

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:Congratulations PkrBum!

I'll second that emotion! Glad you won, Pkr. Wow, a long tournament, so am also glad you could remain reasonably comfortable throughout

Sea, I, too, hope you rebound to play another day. That would be simply super.

171NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/3/2017, 7:59 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Thank you Very Happy

172NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/3/2017, 8:28 am

2seaoat

My observations were dead cinch correct. James can no longer guard a good guard or small forward. I noticed this three years ago as players were consistently getting a step on him. He started yelling at team mates to help him, and finally Thompson had enough.....and told him who needed to work harder. Goat.....people have reported how "hard" it is to play with James, and this was when he could still play defense. James and the Cavs simply not a good team, and the second worse defensive team in the NBA......I know the goat designation has nothing to do with defense......right

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/ugly-screaming-match-between-lebron-james-tristan-thompson-points-to-bigger-issues-with-cavs/ss-BBzflxQ#image=2

173NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/3/2017, 9:40 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Like my grandkids say.....James acts like a cry baby.

174NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/3/2017, 11:54 am

2seaoat

Like my grandkids say.....James acts like a cry baby.

He is an incredible role model, one of the NBA's best all time players, and still has a chance to move up the list. However, he is the mailman for me. A big body who pushes people out of the way, and has a soft touch. Whether James can catch the Mailman's second in the all time point leaders will be determined, but he and the mailman just never really could win championships like Russell, Kobe, Magic, Shaq, Larry, and Michael, and it was an absolute fluke last year, and he may not even get out of the east this year. He will never win another championship, unless in his twilight years he goes to a championship team and comes off the bench.

175NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/3/2017, 12:03 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

He is remarkable off the court....but still whines on the court.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum