Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA Basketball

+5
Sal
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Telstar
boards of FL
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 20]

251NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/24/2017, 3:02 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Watch both Draymond Green and Steph Curry on this possession. One is useless. One is the whole team. I'd rank Curry as the third best Warrior. I'm still laughing about the unanimous MVP.

https://gfycat.com/EssentialCheapAsianpiedstarling

252NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/24/2017, 6:36 pm

2seaoat

Curry is one of the current players who will finish higher than James on the all time great list. He will get six rings minimum. James is the Mailman.....stats and most often the bridesmaid. Nothing he can do the balance of his career really can change the obvious.....in the horrible east, the NBA needed desperately James to be elevated. Marketing has worked. The refs have watched the NBA grow in popularity and attendance numbers. Mission accomplished, but now we have young talented players and a quickly rising talent pool......James missed his opportunity......he is a has been. They stole a game from the pacers and his crying tour will begin.

253NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/24/2017, 11:50 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Warriors 72 in the first half. Curry hit 6 three point shots.

254NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/25/2017, 12:36 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

3rd quarter....104 to 77. Curry has 37 points.

255NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/25/2017, 8:02 am

2seaoat

Curry will pass James on the GOAT list within seven years. Not even close.

256NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/25/2017, 8:58 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:Curry will pass James on the GOAT list within seven years.  Not even close.

I don't think so. Curry does a few things very very well... but he's more a one trick pony to me.

257NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/25/2017, 9:11 am

2seaoat

Winning championships is the one trick pony he has over James. He has a 6 championship ceiling. James does not. He plays better balanced team offense and is the best shooter in the history of basketball. His defense is no worse than James, but that is not a compliment.

But for a fluke last year, he would be looking at his third consecutive ring. James is the Mailman who has been given a pass for ten years on disregarding the rules of basketball on the offensive foul and his use of his forearm to push defenders away......the mailman did not have to do that to become the second leading scorer, but now when talking about James we will be talking about Jim Thome longevity, not the best player of all time.......the one trick pony will continue to win championships.

258NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/25/2017, 9:28 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

You really can't compare LeBron to anyone in the modern era because no one in the modern era has done what LeBron has done. No one - and certainly not the mailman.  After this season, LeBron will have been to seven straight finals.  How many more years will it be before we see a Final that doesn't have LeBron featured?  He's about the surest bet there has ever been in any sport, ever.   He's putting up playoff numbers that no one else ever has, and against the strongest competition the NBA has ever seen.  There is simply no comparison for this.  And it will be a very long time before we ever see something like this again.

And I'll reiterate, Jordan couldn't reach the second round of the playoffs without an HOF coach and wingman.  And even with those HOFers he couldn't beat the Celtics until they were old.  He couldn't beat the Lakers until they were old.  The rest of his rings are against scrub teams that never won a championship themselves.  He would have been trounced by Olajuwan in the Finals had he not sat out those two years.  Meanwhile, LeBron won a ring against the defending champion, 73-9 Golden State Warriors - who over half the starters are All-Stars.  And he did that while putting up the best statistical playoff performance all time in NBA history.

Best performance all time against the best competition all time.  The answer is obvious to any reasonable person with a working knowledge of the game.  

But not to baby boomer, rose colored glasses Jordan fanboys!

259NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/25/2017, 11:09 am

2seaoat

Right now......Curry is a cinch to be higher on the all time list. Nothing about rose colored glasses or baby boomer. Even you covered your bet last year saying the Warriors were going to win and were a better team.....a fluke and more crazy talk. The truth is that there are plenty of big people in the NBA who are more talented than James right now. I will eat crow when he wins three more championships and concede he has made the journey to the promised land. Until then he is the Mailman and Jim Thome. Exceptional talent. The best role model in my opinion in NBA history, but we went through this with Kobe who was much better than James his entire career, the talk and puffing will end soon enough.

260NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/25/2017, 12:58 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

James is not a one player team.

261NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/25/2017, 1:44 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Right now......Curry is a cinch to be higher on the all time list.  Nothing about rose colored glasses or baby boomer.  Even you covered your bet last year saying the Warriors were going to win and were a better team.....a fluke and more crazy talk.  The truth is that there are plenty of big people in the NBA who are more talented than James right now.   I will eat crow when he wins three more championships and concede he has made the journey to the promised land.  Until then he is the Mailman and Jim Thome.   Exceptional talent.   The best role model in my opinion in NBA history, but we went through this with Kobe who was much better than James his entire career, the talk and puffing will end soon enough.

The ship has already sailed on Curry every being an all-time great.  He's simply not a good point guard.  That's really the end of the discussion right there, full stop.  He is not a good point guard.  He's an excellent role-player spot up shooter, but that's it.  Good point guards don't average 6.8 assists for their career.   LeBron averages more assists at small forward.  Curry is a below average point guard with above average shooting ability who never knew success until a team of all stars and an excellent coach were placed around him.  In contrast, LeBron is going to the finals no matter who or what is around him.  

6'3".  190.  Played three years of college ball.  Spent his first three years in the NBA struggling.  Below average at his position.  To 2seaoat, this is an all time great.

Meanwhile, the guy who is 6'8", 250, effectively bigger, faster, and stronger than everyone, the guy who dominated right out of high school and needs nothing around him in order to be a deep playoff contender, the guy who is going to his seventh straight final and will have a shot at winning a fourth ring against the greatest super team the NBA has ever assembled (in a last ditch hope for Durant to get a ring), is the mailman.  

Baby boomer, rose colored glasses, low NBA-information, Jordan fanboy logic.

262NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/25/2017, 8:02 pm

2seaoat

Curry will finish higher than James on the all time list. 6 championships easily. Of course James will probably pull a Miami move to make championships on the back of others where he has repeatedly been a bridesmaid. He knows he is screwed. He was looking for help all winter......that train has come into the station.

263NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/26/2017, 10:01 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Rings are not what Curry needs to move up on the all-time list. Rings on a 72-9 team that added Kevin Durant get no mileage in that regard.

If Curry even wants to merely approach the all time list, he will need to start learning how to play the position of point guard. Once he learns to play the position, he will then need to put up numbers so out-of-this-world that they balance out the incredible weak, mediocre first half of his career that simply doesn't exist with any other all-time greats.

And being it the case that Curry will be 30 soon, it is highly unlikely that this will happen.

The ship has sailed for Curry. His standing in the NBA list today is as good as it gets.

264NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/28/2017, 6:52 pm

2seaoat

Pop knows what he speaks.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/gregg-popovich-kawhi-leonard-the-best-player-in-the-league/ar-BBAsLYF

265NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/28/2017, 8:32 pm

2seaoat

The Bulls look tired. Boston looks like they smell blood.

266NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/28/2017, 10:08 pm

2seaoat

I do not have an answer for the Bulls which does not involve the firing of Foreman and Pax. Fred just cannot get the job done as coach, but it is not his fault good players were traded away, and the disparate parts did not fit.

267NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/28/2017, 10:19 pm

2seaoat

Stupidity is infinitely more fascinating that intelligence. Intelligence has its limits while stupidity has none. Claude Chabrol

It will be fascinating watching the Bull management rationalize this season.

268NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/1/2017, 7:13 pm

2seaoat

raptors vs cavs.....oh boy.

269NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/1/2017, 8:08 pm

2seaoat

Raptors could not buy a basket in the first quarter. They are lucky to have it this close. Thankfully the cavs just do not play defense, so if they get any of their shooting back, they can make this a game.

270NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/1/2017, 8:20 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

The pace seems very slow...

271NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/1/2017, 9:33 pm

2seaoat

The Cavs did a good job on a double team off the screen. It seemed to work well in the second half. The first quarter, the Raptors could not shoot. It was a sad display. If they get behind Wed like they did today, this will be a short series.

272NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/1/2017, 10:40 pm

2seaoat

Houston cannot miss a shot, and the Spurs cannot make a shot. It has been that kind of night.

273NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/1/2017, 10:49 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:The Cavs did a good job on a double team off the screen.  It seemed to work well in the second half.   The first quarter, the Raptors could not shoot.   It was a sad display.   If they get behind Wed like they did today, this will be a short series.

Getting 3:1 free throws helps.

274NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/1/2017, 11:12 pm

2seaoat

Getting 3:1 free throws helps.

That is a given. I loved the call where James was slow to the ball and then stood up while moving his leg into position. It was an obvious blocking foul as the shot fell and they had a chance to make it a three point shot on the poor defense......they called it an offensive charge. I mean the integrity of the game has fans booing all over the NBA. However, the first quarter with nobody guarding them, the Raptors could not buy a basket. The Cavs were going to win that game once you give them that kind of lead. If a team keeps it close, the Cavs defense shows in the fourth quarter.

Houston is putting an all time playoff hurt on the Spurs. They seem old and slow tonight. However, Houston just cannot miss.

275NBA Basketball - Page 11 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 5/2/2017, 10:23 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

LeBron (14 seasons) will surpass Kareem Abdul Jabbar (20 seasons) for second place in all-time playoff scoring on Wednesday. And he will likely surpass Jordan (15 seasons) by the end of the Finals.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_career_playoff_scoring_leaders

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum