Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Series

+2
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/23/2016, 6:32 pm

Markle

Markle

Mom used to take me to Wrigley Field when I was 5 until we moved to Miami when I was nine. I know she was looking down on the Cubs when they got that last out to shut out the Dodgers.

Wish I had time to fly up for one of the games and get a hot dog at the original Billy Goat Tavern.

First time I'll be watching the World Series in decades.

52World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/23/2016, 6:40 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:Mom used to take me to Wrigley Field when I was 5 until we moved to Miami when I was nine.  I know she was looking down on the Cubs when they got that last out to shut out the Dodgers.

Wish I had time to fly up for one of the games and get a hot dog at the original Billy Goat Tavern.

Good memories.

53World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/24/2016, 4:56 pm

Markle

Markle

My guess is that this will be one of the most-watched series in many years. The Cubs, by virtue of losing for so long, have a massive following!

54World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/24/2016, 4:58 pm

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:Mom used to take me to Wrigley Field when I was 5 until we moved to Miami when I was nine.  I know she was looking down on the Cubs when they got that last out to shut out the Dodgers.

Good memories.

Yes indeed.  We rode the subway to get to the park from where we lived in Logan Square.

55World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/24/2016, 6:38 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

That is awesome. My son in law and I recently saw 2 games at Fenway. Rode the subway from Cambridge.

Planning a trip to see either the Ravens or Red Skins....next month.

56World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/25/2016, 11:37 pm

2seaoat

The Indians are going into the top of the ninth with a 6-0 lead. They look formidable.

57World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/25/2016, 11:48 pm

2seaoat

The Indians are a very good team. 1-0 lead in the series.

58World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/26/2016, 12:52 am

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:The Indians are a very good team.   1-0 lead in the series.

I have a friend who is a long time Indian fan. He's always thanking me for Andrew Miller. LOL.

59World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/26/2016, 7:07 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The Indians are going into the top of the ninth with a 6-0 lead.  They look formidable.

I fell asleep....

60World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/26/2016, 9:32 am

2seaoat

They are moving the start time up an hour, claiming it has to do with weather, but I have heard sports radio complaining about how late the games were in LA and San Francisco with some being extra inning. I think their ratings are being adversely impacted by such long and late games. I remember as if it was yesterday in third grade listening on the radio to a White Sox vs Dodgers 1959 in the day time world series. You will never see the same again because of TV ratings.

61World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/26/2016, 7:08 pm

2seaoat

A 6pm start time in Chicago is going to get longer viewers and West Coast watching the final innings. I think all of sports are freaking out because viewership is dropping like a rock. I do not know if it is the election, or a long term trend.

62World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/26/2016, 9:06 pm

2seaoat

Cubs are hitting the Indians. Good game.

63World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/26/2016, 10:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cheers

64World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/27/2016, 12:13 am

Telstar

Telstar

Tied up 1 to 1 in the series of the eights.

65World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/27/2016, 12:54 am

RealLindaL

Glad to see it.

66World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/27/2016, 8:18 am

I watched until the no hitter got ruined. Pretty good baseball.

67World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/27/2016, 11:05 am

Sal

Sal

I've watched a lot of MLB this year, and the quality of play this season and into the postseason has been exceptional IMO.

In way of contrast, Sunday was the first time this season I've had the time and inclination to watch a considerable amount of NFL, and I was appalled.

The quality of play and the officiating were deplorable.

No wonder their ratings are tanking.

68World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/27/2016, 11:59 am

2seaoat

The Cubs with their youngsters are some kind of special....the kid blows out his ACL in spring training and gets clear by the doc last week and hits two games in Arizona league, and he drives in two runs in the World Series. I mean I have never in my life seen so many kids under 25 with the ability to play multiple positions led by a more capable manager. The genius of Epstein is unquestioned. I think we may be looking at a Yankee type dynasty over the next five to ten years if they keep management and the core of young players. They have some needs in the bullpen, and maybe a starter, but they have the best young players in all of baseball, and in my opinion the best manager. As a sox fan this is killing me, but great baseball is art, and anybody who cannot appreciate what this is..........well they are probably voting for Trump.

69World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/27/2016, 12:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I watched until the no hitter got ruined. Pretty good baseball.

Hated that!

70World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/27/2016, 12:22 pm

2seaoat

In way of contrast, Sunday was the first time this season I've had the time and inclination to watch a considerable amount of NFL, and I was appalled.

My wife and I had a ritual with the kids and before the kids on Sunday watching the Bears. She really enjoyed the games. The dog, the kids curled up watching our beloved Bears every Sunday. Players would stay with the team for five or six years. You knew their personalities and they were active in the community on charitable activities. Chicago was known for tough defense and grinding run games.

We watch now, but many times I leave the house at half time and run the bobcat or cut grass. It has become a game of passing. The best qb usually controls the top positions in the league. There are no great teams with long term team members. Yes, you always have a good show from NE, but even Green Bay, Oakland, Bears, NY, and other mainstays seem like for the last five years they are lost. Maybe it was expansion which watered down the games. Maybe watching grown men possibly hurting themselves long term is not as much fun when that knowledge had most fans in ignorant bliss. I do not get the same reaction from a crushing tackle......a little bit of a sick feeling having seen players I grew to love commit suicide, and have their wives give them a list for their daily activities because they cannot remember the same. No when football was tough and tumble it was fun. When football became a gladiator stadium of media making millions off the carnage of humans.......not so much. I still love the game, but it is not the same.

71World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/27/2016, 1:10 pm

Sal

Sal

It's also all become so formulaic.

I guess it's been proven that's how you win games, but it's so predictable and boring to watch.

Where have you gone Kenny Stabler? ... our nation turns it's lonely eyes to you ... woo woo woo.

72World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/28/2016, 9:10 pm

2seaoat

This is turning out to be an exceptional world series. Good pitching. Good hitting. Exceptional defense. I had a partner travel to Cleveland to watch the second game the Cubs won. The cheapest ticket in Chicago was $1,500, and he got four tickets for $750 a ticket and went with his wife, assistant, and plant manager. Chicago only gets three games because of the All Star Game, and with more games the Cleveland ticket with a larger stadium is cheaper. If this goes to seven in Cleveland you are going to see as many Chicago fans on that last game as Cleveland fans. They will drive the price off the charts. Yuppie Cub fans have unlimited budgets.

73World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/28/2016, 10:55 pm

2seaoat

Baseball does not get much better than this. Murray did a great job on take me out to the ballpark, and the fans are on the edge of their seats. I love this game, and these young kids who are just playing great. Russell's dive catch of the liner was brilliant. Who would think with the wind blowing out at Wrigley that it would be a 1-0 game.

74World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/28/2016, 11:43 pm

2seaoat

The Indians almost played a perfect game to beat the Cubs. All the way to the last batter every person watching this game was on their seat's edge. Great game.

75World Series - Page 3 Empty Re: World Series 10/28/2016, 11:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The Indians almost played a perfect game to beat the Cubs.  All the way to the last batter every person watching this game was on their seat's edge.  Great game.

Watched the game while live-streaming Gulf Breeze Navarre game....Gulf Breeze won the district championship.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum