Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Series

+2
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1World Series Empty World Series 10/12/2016, 5:30 am

2seaoat

The Cubs beat the Giants. In Chicago they are talking about the world series.....horse.....meet the cart. As a sox fan.......it is kinda like Auburn and Alabama......same state, but not so much good feelings toward the other team. The Sox had Gillespe who went four for four.......need new management.

2World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/12/2016, 11:17 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The Cubs beat the Giants. In Chicago they are talking about the world series.....horse.....meet the cart. As a sox fan.......it is kinda like Auburn and Alabama......same state, but not so much good feelings toward the other team. The Sox had Gillespe who went four for four.......need new management.

The last inning!

3World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/12/2016, 3:07 pm

Telstar

Telstar

How about a Cubs vs. Indians World Series, the two teams with the longest world championship droughts.

4World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/12/2016, 7:28 pm

2seaoat

How about a Cubs vs. Indians World Series, the two teams with the longest world championship droughts.

That would be fun, but the Cubs need to win one more series before that and the Billy Goat Curse would suggest that will not happen.

5World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/12/2016, 8:56 pm

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:How about a Cubs vs. Indians World Series, the two teams with the longest world championship droughts.

That would be fun, but the Cubs need to win one more series before that and the Billy Goat Curse would suggest that will not happen.

No curse lasts forever. The Babe Ruth curse is ancient history in Boston these days.

6World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 9:16 pm

2seaoat

Well I just turned on the Cub vs Dodgers game. As a sox fan, I must tell you that I am ambivalent. I mean I will get some satisfaction to see the Cubs lose, and on the other......I like good baseball, and the Cubs are playing great with talented young kids, a great manager, and solid management. Well the Cubs are up by three, and I will enjoy watching the game..........but if they lose.....I will have way more fun than if they win.......Cub fans do not understand Sox fans......they think we should be rah rah for the Cubs.....nope.....it is a Sox thing.

7World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 9:21 pm

2seaoat

I also hope Russell has a good series as everybody in the Pensacola area should be proud of this Pace graduate.........something did come out of Pace which is exceptional.  I like this kid and could see him as a MVP in five years.  The Cubs are the real deal, and theo has done it again.

8World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 10:10 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Some good games....

9World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 10:17 pm

2seaoat

Actually I am enjoying the game. It is a beautiful fall evening in Chicago as fans are enjoying the beauty of Wrigley.....well at least those behind I beams with obstructed views.....did that as a kid.....it sucks. New Stadiums do not have obstructed view seats.....I mean there are some terrible seats in Wrigley, but the Ivy and the neighborhood make it a quaint game to experience.

10World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 10:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

There were some I beams at Fenway.....thankfully we had really good seats for both games.
We were one section up just to the right of home plate. We got to see Big Papi hit a home run and Ramirez hit a grand slam homerun.....exciting.

11World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 10:53 pm

Sal

Sal

I've been to lots of ballparks.

I've been lucky enough to visit Wrigley several times.

It is a fantastic experience, especially in the Spring and Fall.

Fenway is even better.

Baseball paradise.

12World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 10:56 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

servimg.com/view/17590589/596]World Series 20161010

Big Papi.....

13World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 10:57 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:and theo has done it again.

Maddon deserves even more credit.

He is a maestro of a manager.

14World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 11:01 pm

Sal

Sal

Here come the Dodgers.

15World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 11:11 pm

2seaoat

One of my favorite ballparks was the old Candlestick Park.  Only ballgame I ever saw wine being served...it was a real laid back experience.  I also went to the last game in Comisky Park.....the kids still talk about that game as the Chicago Police took the field at the end of the game with about 100 mounted police on horses.   After Disco Demolition......Chicago White Sox fans are some of the crazies.  I still love that park as I have so many fond memories of Williams, Mantle, Marris, Kaline, Oliva, Kilabrew, Whitey Ford, and getting to see Joel Horlens no hitter, Gary Peters grand slam, and Mickey Mantle hitting one of the few balls over the left field roof foul.  I used to wait to get autographs as a kid and was totally into baseball reading the box scores in the newspaper everyday.   Baseball has a great many competitors, but nothing is better than watching a major league game in a ball park with a good view.

Dodgers just tied the game.....Joe taking Lester out was probably a mistake.

16World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 11:16 pm

Sal

Sal

Gonzalez is a really good hitter.

Been to Candlestick and Comisky ...

... no comparison to Wrigley and Fenway.

I used to really like the old Busch Stadium, but again, no comparison.

17World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 11:18 pm

Sal

Sal

The new Yankees Stadium is an obscenity.

Miami's park is cool.

Too bad they don't have a team.

18World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 11:22 pm

2seaoat

I guess I have probably been to Wrigley fifty times and always liked the park but it never seemed near as beautiful as Comisky. I have never been to Fenway, but have heard the same from my SIL as he has been to 90% of major league Parks and his favorite is Fenway. The Cellular Park sucks in the upper deck. I had four season tickets after they built it and the kids would bring their gloves and a foul ball could not get to the upper deck. The old Comiskey upper deck had you hanging over the action......I really miss that park, but the new park has parking......Wrigley is a nightmare to park.

19World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 11:31 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Big mistake by the Dodgers.... grand slam and back to back homeruns.

20World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 11:32 pm

Sal

Sal

Pinch hit grand slam??

Dayum.

21World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 11:33 pm

Sal

Sal

I love this game.

I thought I'd quit watching after the BoSox folded.

But, ... I ... just ... can't.

22World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 11:37 pm

Sal

Sal

Sal wrote:Pinch hit grand slam??

Dayum.

Genius.

23World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 11:42 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Sal wrote:Pinch hit grand slam??

Dayum.

Genius.

No shit! We were questioning the pinch hitter with a low average .

24World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 11:46 pm

2seaoat

I am happy it was hit....I switched to SNL...... priceless opening......good TV night.

25World Series Empty Re: World Series 10/15/2016, 11:54 pm

Sal

Sal

Joe is a wizard. If you can win in Tampa, you can win anywhere.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum