Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kim Davis is released from jail because deputy clerk is issuing guess who shows up

+4
polecat
boards of FL
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

Ted the sneak Cruz and Huckabamboozler......so these opportunist do not think people cannot figure why Cruz and Huckabamboozler are seeking media attention.

2seaoat

Guess what.....she is asking for a religious accommodation to have her name taken off marriage certificate.......done deal......take her name off the form......a couple hundred dollars to accommodate her crazy religious beliefs that her name matters on the form.....do it.....take her name off, it seems to be a reasonable workplace accommodation.

2seaoat

What a weenie Ted Cruz is......Huckabamboozler sets up a rally for Kim Davis and he shows up.....his right.......and just like he sucked up to Trump, the man thinks people are stupid. How did this guy get elected as dog catcher let alone senator. The lawyers making money on donations to keep them getting paid, the politicians trying to take advantage of this knowing violation of the law that citizens cannot be denied the right to marry. What a freak show.

2seaoat

Huckabamboozler gets up and says he will go to jail for Kim Davis.......this is getting beyond stupid.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The right to destroy the very foundation of society, the definitions of words, Not just America but the whole damned world is burning at both ends....I am not into Biblical prophecy but it makes me wonder sometimes...desperate middle east savages crawling all over Europe. South Americans crawling all over the USA....The Hegelian Dialectic for an authoritarian take over underway and covering the land....

"...the State 'has the supreme right against the individual
, whose supreme duty is to be a member of the State... for the right of the world spirit is above all special privileges.'" Author/historian William Shirer, quoting Georg Hegel in his The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

privacy invasions, expanding domestic police powers, land grabs, insane wars against inanimate objects (and transient verbs), covert actions, and outright assaults on individual liberty

Liberal Fascists rebuilding a new world without freedom.

problem reaction response....

2seaoat

or simple Liberty.....and the pursuit of happiness.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:or simple Liberty.....and the pursuit of happiness.

Yes it is simple ...you can't have a burgeoning welfare state and heavy immigration....there will be no happiness.

2seaoat

Immigration built America, and government spending and the deficit has been dropping like a rock. America is great and will continue the same even those in the Wal Mart parking lot think otherwise.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:Immigration built America, and government spending and the deficit has been dropping like a rock.   America is great and will continue the same even those in the Wal Mart parking lot think otherwise.

There was NO welfare when immigration built America....sheesh this isn't that hard to understand.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:a couple hundred dollars to accommodate her crazy
religious beliefs that her name matters on the form.....

Not one cent should be spent fostering religious hatred and bigotry.

This woman clearly isn't fit for the job. She abused her position in order to instate christian law on society. Get her out of office and then make her job title much bigger, much bolder, and much more noticeable on the marriage licenses for the next person.

2seaoat

The religious accommodation will not be decided by the federal court at this juncture. It really is beyond his jurisdiction at this point. It is moot at this point because the accommodation must come from the KY legislature to allow a clerk for religious reasons to opt out on forcing an agent of government to have their name on a form. If Ky agrees with you and tells Davis and their lawyers to pound on sand, then Liberty lawyers will raise some more money and will file an EEOC complaint that state of KY is not willing to make a reasonable accommodation. I personally think that they should take elected officers of government off all forms and highway signs as it is wasteful.

polecat

polecat

TEOTWAWKI wrote:the definitions of words, .

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-- But if a 3 time adulterer bible thumper wants to pick and choose what part of the bible she will believe and apply to others that's all fine and dandy with us.

2seaoat

Huckabamboozler gets up and says put me in jail.....now they are doing the Chicago bulls intro music for Kim Davis......OMG......stupid is contagious. Kim Davis holding her arms up......beam me up Scottie......what idiocy. There is a whole segment of the American voting public that gobble this crap up. All these hypocrites gathered together using GOD, damn Jesus warned us in Matthew 6.

The best part.....poor sneaky Cruz.....no limelight.....no stage....old Huckabamboozler has been the Hypocrite who Jesus warned us would pray the loudest.

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

There are hypocrites in and out of religion...there are few good examples of what it is to be good now days.....everything as the taint of hate and greed. Welcome to your brave new world...may you find compassion somewhere.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2015/04/28/mike-huckabees-use-of-religious-fear-to-get-to-the-white-house

Mike Huckabee's use of religious fear to get to the White House

Posted By Max Brantley on Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 9:18 AM

Ernest Dumas' column for the Arkansas Times this week examines the central building block of Mike Huckabee's campaign for president, which is to be formally begun next week in Hope: Religious fear. Huckabee follows a European and Middle Eastern tradition, if not an American one until this year, where it's become popular among Republican candidates.

Dumas takes us through some history of other battles fought in the name of religion and our founders' efforts to keep religion out of government.

By Ernest Dumas

When he announces next week that he is again running for president, Mike Huckabee will tap into one of the world’s great traditions of political combat—religious fear.

Huckabee’s problem is that it is not an American tradition—Europe and the Middle East have been its fertile soil—and it will not carry him to the presidency. An Iowa caucus victory could be in the works for Arkansas’s former governor, but not the presidency, for which we will have cause to thank the founders, particularly Thomas Jefferson.

In Iowa and other forums, Huckabee said there was an undeclared war on Christianity in the United States and that the goal of the warriors, obviously led by President Obama, was to make it a crime in America to be a Christian. It will be President Huckabee’s task to beat back the infidels before they can pass such a law. This is the wildest charge of the young presidential season and it is a giant challenge to the rhetorical excesses of Huckabee’s rivals for the evangelical vote in the Republican primaries, Ted Cruz, Scott Walker and Marco Rubio.

“I think it’s fair to say that Christian convictions are under attack as never before,” Huckabee told pastors in a conference call preparatory to his presidential announcement. “We are moving rapidly toward the criminalization of Christianity.”

He had accused President Obama of ordering military chaplains to toss their Bibles, not to pray in Jesus’ name and not to counsel soldiers on sexual morality, something he apparently picked up from the Moonie newspaper. Huckabee urged Americans not to enter military service until he or another good Christian becomes president.
Huckabee says the Affordable Care Act, which offers health insurance to people with low incomes, and gay marriage are part of the war on Christianity, and last week he urged people to beg God not to let the Supreme Court legalize same-sex unions.

As for Huckabee’s hostility to gays, whom God in the Book of Leviticus ordered be killed, he might recall President Lincoln’s musings about Southern preachers in Lincoln’s day who called attention to the Bible’s admiration of slavery. How strange, Lincoln said, that Christians would “dare ask a just God’s assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men’s faces.”

Huckabee, Cruz and their rivals are not the first political leaders to arouse religious fears or stoke hostility to gain power. They account for much of the history of the Middle East, where the struggle for power since 632 AD has, in the name of their faiths, incited war between the competing claimants for the Prophet Muhammad’s legacy or between other religious faiths. Under Obama as with his predecessors, the United States keeps getting sucked into the wars, primarily to kill or subdue the radical components of the Sunni sect like al Qaeda, the Taliban and the Islamic State but occasionally the opposing Shia believers, which we are currently battling in Syria and Yemen through surrogates.

The alarums of Huckabee and other modern political warriors for God may owe more to the European tradition—the Catholic-Protestant wars of the 16th and 17th centuries with carryovers to modern times in Northern Ireland and precincts in eastern Europe—than to the ancient Islamic and tribal splits along the southern Mediterranean.

As it happens, when I read about Huckabee’s call to arms last week I was in Avignon and Arles in southern France, although on a culinary and sightseeing expedition rather than a search for my spiritual roots. My brother, the historian, sent an email urging a drive over to the alpine village of Antraigues-suro-Volane, where our ninth great-grandfather, Jerome Dumas, was born before the family fled west to England and thence to America to escape the persecution of Huguenots after the Reformation.

Up to four million people died in the religious wars of central Europe, and none suffered more than the Huguenots, whom the French throne and nobility and the pope considered infidels who were undermining Christianity.

From your history text or the movies (notably, D. W. Griffith’s 1916 film Intolerance), you may remember the St. Barthomew’s Day Massacre in 1572, the height of the wars. The massacre followed the attempted assassination of Gaspard de Coligny, a leader of the Huguenots, which was rumored to have been ordered by King Charles with the support of Pope Gregory. The bloodshed spread from Paris to a dozen cities. So many Protestant bodies floated down the Rhone that for a spell the town of Arles stopped drinking waters from the Rhone. Coligny’s severed head was packaged and sent to Pope Gregory, who sent the king a golden rose. The massacre was viewed as God’s retribution against the French Protestants, including, I suppose, the Dumas clan.

I regret that I did not visit Antraigues, but at Arles, Avignon and other villages I saw the legacy of St. Bartholomew’s Day and the extended wars: the beheaded statues of the saints and other destruction at cathedrals, where the vandals of the French Revolution took revenge for the church’s alliance with royalty and the nobility against the common people, especially the Huguenots. The wars undermined both the royalty and the Catholic Church and helped produce the French Revolution.

In America, they were enshrined in the First Amendment and the creed of Jefferson, the U.S. minister to France after the French and American revolutions, that the United States must forever take pains to keep church and state separate.

Huckabee must know that, too, but right now capturing the extreme evangelical wing of the party in Iowa and the Southern states is his only route to the White House, narrow as it is. God in his mercy will forgive him.

polecat

polecat

BREAKING: Kim Davis free from jail, says she plans to “get married a few more times before returning to job denying gays marriage licenses.”- Tea Party Cat

Kim Davis is released from jail because deputy clerk is issuing guess who shows up COWVW_JW8AQeH9_

2seaoat

may you find compassion somewhere.

I have known good Christian families my entire life who wanted NO part of politics or the bastardization of the same over the last thirty years. They quietly lead a Christian life without wearing the same on their sleeve to draw attention or pray the loudest. They understand the scriptures and I have watched their actions and how they have raised their children and contributed to the community. The sad thing is these good people get lumped together with this hypocritical political showboating which has nothing to do with the scripture and Jesus clearly warned us of this evil.......Ted Cruz is the personification of evil....he is using religion to manipulate people for power, Huckabamboozler just likes the money and living on the beach.....Seen that and get it......but please do not confuse this behavior with good christians who quietly live their lives with true belief.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:may you find compassion somewhere.

I have known good Christian families my entire life who wanted NO part of politics or the bastardization of the same over the last thirty years.  They quietly lead a Christian life without wearing the same on their sleeve to draw attention or pray the loudest.  They understand the scriptures and I have watched their actions and how they have raised their children and contributed to the community.  The sad thing is these good people get lumped together with this hypocritical political showboating which has nothing to do with the scripture and Jesus clearly warned us of this evil.......Ted Cruz is the personification of evil....he is using religion to manipulate people for power, Huckabamboozler just likes the money and living on the beach.....Seen that and get it......but please do not confuse this behavior with good christians who quietly live their lives with true belief.

Do you agree with this statement?  Christians view homosexuality as a sin.

polecat

polecat

Remember what Ben Carson said...
She might be gay now.

2seaoat

Rand Paul is sweating bullets.....he has to make a choice of President or Senator in the State of KY where law in the state does not allow you to do both, and the bad news....Democrats are winning in Ky and this crazy now gives the fundamentalist a problem with the Republican Party arguing we have more christian crazies than the Democrats......A very popular Democrat is lining up for the Paul seat, and with only three or four percent, Paul is running out of time to whimper out of the Presidential race.....but the end impact among Dixiecrats........damn.....they might be confused and their confusion does not bode will for Republicans.

2seaoat

Do you agree with this statement? Christians view homosexuality as a sin.

The small church I attended Easter this year celebrates their homosexual members and do not see their love as a sin. Now I attended another church two years ago that clearly the majority of its members viewed homosexuals as sinners. 80% of my friends who are devout Christians do not see homosexuals as sinners because we all share the same friends and could care less that they find love and comfort with their own sex.......these are smart people. Now my brother is a fundamentalist who sent his kids to Christian schools and Christian colleges and does believe it is a sin, but his hypocrisy is so silly based on his own personal life choices and actions. So no, I do not believe the threshold of Christian beliefs hinges on the personal views of Christians on whether homosexuality is a sin. There is not one right answer on this issue in the scriptures or in actual opinions held by followers of christ. There are contradictions which for the simple minded are ignored, but for the intelligent become a doctrinal problem.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Guess what.....she is asking for a religious accommodation to have her name taken off marriage certificate.......done deal......take her name off the form......a couple hundred dollars to accommodate her crazy religious beliefs that her name matters on the form.....do it.....take her name off, it seems to be a reasonable workplace accommodation.

402.080   Marriage license required
--
Who may issue.
No marriage shall be solemnized without a license therefor. The license shall be issued by the  clerk  of  the  county  in  which  the  female  resides  at  the  time,  unless  the  female  is eighteen (18) years of age or over or a widow, and the license is issued on her application in person or by writing signed by her, in which case it may be issued by any county clerk.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=36473

Although the the County Clerk can delegate her authority (there is a KY statute that covers that ... I saw it the other day but don't have a link right now).... the licenses will being issued under her authority .... and she may well decide still goes against her conscience.

So ... unless the Federal Judge is going get into the business of re-writing State statutes as to the various authorities of State Officials, I don't see how anything is resolved here.  Not quite sure from where he would derive such authority anyway?

This is a matter for the State to handle at this point .... the Federal Judge jumped the gun accepting this case without the plaintiffs having sought remedy through the State first.

2seaoat

It is resolved. The Deputy clerk signed the marriage license. The current clerk has her name nowhere on that form. The judge did what the law required under a writ of mandamus and contempt finding. Compliance. People are issuing marriage licenses in that county. Federal court remedies to correct violations of the constitution are not dependent on the state passing a statute. You really must have been low level LEO, because conceptually you are having a great deal of difficulty with these concepts, where even the most rudimentary fourth amendment stop and seizure law is more complex than this simple concept. I know I am always a smart asz, but you really are having fundamental conceptual problems.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Judge Bunning himself said he did not know whether the licenses being issued by the Deputy Clerks without the Clerk's consent would be valid.

". Bunning said he did not know if the licenses were valid but ordered them issued anyway."  http://www.ksl.com/?sid=36401326&nid=157&fm=most_popular&s_cid=popular-4

He knows this is in conflict with Kentucky State Statutes regarding authority to issue marriage licenses. (guess he figured he'd leave that mess for the State to deal with)

So ... when the Kentucky State legislature comes back in January & fails to retroactively change the Statutes regarding authorities to issue marriage license ... think he'll put the entire State legislature in jail? (if I were he, I'd take a loooong vacation)

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

" Yesterday, once Kim Davis was in federal custody, at least one of her Deputy Clerks, Brian Mason, began signing and issuing licenses authorizing the marriage of several couples. However, in the place on the standard license form where the County Clerk’s name would ordinarily appear, Mason has not included Clerk Davis’s name, or any other. Instead, as drafted by Deputy Clerk Rowan, that line reads: “Issued this 9/4/2015 in the office of Rowan County, Rowan County County Clerk, Morehead, Kentucky by Brian Mason [signature initials], Deputy Clerk.” (Of course, “Rowan County” is not the “Rowan County County Clerk.” It would have made more sense for Mason simply to leave blank the space before “Rowan County County Clerk.”)

One of Davis’s lawyers insists that the licenses signed by Mason are “void” because they do not include Davis’s name. The County Attorney of Rowan County reportedly says otherwise. And as for Judge Bunning, he’s quoted as saying at the contempt hearing on Thursday that he is not sure whether or not a license is valid without Davis’s name: “I am not saying it is or it isn’t."
http://balkin.blogspot.com/2015/09/does-anyone-have-any-idea-whats.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum