Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The low IQ clerk is in Federal Custody

+6
polecat
Hospital Bob
Floridatexan
boards of FL
Sal
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

What a moron. May she enjoy her stay. Could you imagine as a biracial couple being denied a marriage license because a Clerk believed it was against their religious beliefs. I saw her and her husband walking across a parking lot....I think her fourth husband, and all I could think of is the Wal Mart parking lot......it was an instant image of the sad state of American right wing intelligence.

Sal

Sal

Here come the neanderthals, frothing at the mouth about "religious liberty" and TYRANNY!!!!".

Derp ...

boards of FL

boards of FL

Great day for Americans. Great day for humanity.

Terrible day for worshipers of Yahweh. Terrible day for republicans.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

She may be an Apostolic Pentacostal, which prohibits women from cutting their hair.

2seaoat

She is an incredible hypocrite which Matthew 6 warned.....

"Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's."
She and the biggest so called Christian Presidential candidate Hucabamboozler are absolutely the American Taliban who are in complete contradiction with the scriptures.

Good... now start arresting govt officials that don't enforce immigration laws.

2seaoat

Good... now start arresting govt officials that don't enforce immigration laws.

I think my brain is bleeding out of my ears and eyes after reading utter nonsense. A ministerial government position does not have prosecutorial discretion.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No actually Pkr's line was spot on, seaoat.

Because the only difference between the two things is that you are in favor of one of them and not in favor of the other.

polecat

polecat

The low IQ clerk is in Federal Custody Religious-freedom-betty-bowers

Sal

Sal

Wrong answer.

"Sanctuary City" policies are not illegal, and the evidence shows they actually make cities safer.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

10"Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12"Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

I can imagine she's quite happy with going to jail...them Christians just love them some good persecution. It only makes em stronger.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:10"Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12"Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Sounds similar to how George spoke to Lenny.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

15Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. 17The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.

I'd say the Judge might be in contempt.

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
― John Milton,

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

I really want you to know that I'm being 100% sincere when I say this.  I am in no way cracking a joke or being sarcastic when I say it.

I do love the world we live in.  And I loved my father,  may he rest in peace.

My father is not something written in any book by anyone,  and especially not by anyone who scribbled some stuff on parchment who lived 2000 years ago and who knew nothing about me anymore than I do about him.

But mostly,  I feel deep sorrow for anyone who does not love his or her life and this world we all live in.
I realize many who do not love life and this world we all live in are in dire straits.  They're hungry,  they're fearful,  they're suffering from illness,  disease,  loneliness,  war,  homelessness,  bigotry and loss of loved ones.  
And if religion and the promise of an afterlife provides them with some comfort in having to cope with that,  I think religion is a wonderful thing.

However,  I choose to live by the Golden Rule.  And anyone (christian, muslim or whatever) who tries to impose his religion on me has no regard for the Golden Rule.  Because I have never had any desire to impose my religion on anyone.  And I WILL NEVER turn the other cheek for those who do.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

But mostly,  I feel deep sorrow for anyone who does not love his or her life and this world we all live in.

Same here. Victims of indoctrination.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob, We all have freewill. When I stand next to a high cliff I have the option of throwing myself off, some here wish I would I am sure. That said I don't jump, because I do like living and experiencing this life. When I see a beautiful sunset my mind always turns to thank God for the blessing. It seems natural to me. I didn't do the sunset, so I can't thank me and if the government had created a beautiful sunset they would tax me to watch it...so I give credit to a creator. That seems weak to some but it doesn't feel weak, it feels right. Sure it might be a scam, we have all experienced those Jim Jones types but I don't think it is.

1 Cor. 2

6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Bob, We all have freewill. When I stand next to a high cliff I have the option of throwing myself off, some here wish I would I am sure. That said I don't jump, because I do like living and experiencing this life. When I see a beautiful sunset my mind always turns to thank God for the blessing. It seems natural to me. I didn't do the sunset, so I can't thank me and if the government had created a beautiful sunset they would tax me to watch it...so I give credit to a creator. That seems weak to some but it doesn't feel weak, it feels right. Sure it might be a scam, we have all experienced those Jim Jones types but I don't think it is.

I have no issue with any of that. I give thanks for life too.
About the only difference between you and me on that, is that I don't have to know why there is life and why this world exists to appreciate the gift that it is.

So we're not at odds with each other on that.
Where we are at odds with each other, is when you or others want to impose your religion on me.
I have never been an advocate of any law or authority or anything else which imposes my religion on you. All I ask in return is that you do unto me as you would have me do unto you. Nothing else.

2seaoat

No actually Pkr's line was spot on, seaoat.

Because the only difference between the two things is that you are in favor of one of them and not in favor of the other.

No only a person as illiterate as you Bob would not understand the law being crystal clear in regard to a prosecutors having discretion.....affirmed at every level of courts including state and local where a LEO has discretion and latitude. I know the beach was attractive when most of us were learning, but open a book about a statutory elected officer of government. They have ministerial duties where they have NO discretion. It is not an argument about opinions, it is the enforcement of the law.......the birdseed is not the only thing toasted around here.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Who the hell is imposing religion on anyone ?  Gays march naked in downtown parades...presidents mock history and our founding fathers...marriage is redefined at a whim...looks like someone is forcing something but it isn't Christians...Most of us are just along for the ride watching the country slide into communist tyranny and godlessness....when the Party starts the purge hope they start with gays and useful idiots like usual before they get around to us silly Christians..I would like a few more pretty sunsets.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah let's see how is does that go?  You use state force to make people betray their beliefs...what's that called ?

2seaoat

before they get around to us silly Christians..I would like a few more pretty sunsets.

hmmmmm people calling themselves Christians who cannot even comprehend the most basic tenets of the bible, and whose actions and words say anything but Christian will not have to worry about pretty sunsets......they are part of the marching band who has found a dead end alley in Animal House and will march against the wall until they drop.

2seaoat

Yeah let's see how is does that go? You use state force to make people betray their beliefs...what's that called ?

Darwin's law of the survival of the fittest? Sorry our government does not function by allowing the lowest rung in the ladder to stop government functions. A Christian who felt that their beliefs were in contradiction with the government, would simply do the right thing. Quit. Keep their beliefs privately without imposing the same on lawful citizens seeking to marry.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote: Sure it might be a scam,

It might be a scam?  There have been tens of thousands of religions.  All claiming to be the right one.   But the problem there is that they cannot all be right.  In fact, they can all be wrong.  

Let's say that some god were to come down, reveal itself, and then say "Greetings, humans!  I am your god!  One of the religions on your planet is in fact correct.  I can guarantee you that!  Ok!  See you later"....even if we knew with certainty that one of these 10,000+ religions is correct, you're still likely to be doomed to an eternal pit of torture.  What are the odds that you happened to be born in precisely the correct time period, in precisely the correct geography, to the precisely correct parents who happen to have been indoctrinated into precisely the correct religion?  And how unfortunate everyone else is to have been born in the wrong geography, in the wrong time period, to the wrong parents who were unfortunate enough to have been indoctrinated into the wrong religion?

Beyond that, christianity - which I assume is your lottery ticket - is nothing more than older mythology rebranded with new names added to the mythological characters.  It isn't even original.  There are older religions that speak of a god taking human form, being born of a virgin, turning water in to wine, walking on water, dying and then coming back to life.  Christianity didn't build that.  They just took already existing mythology and added new character names.  To anyone with even a faint ability to think critically, that should raise bullshit flags all over the place.  

Then we can look at the actual scripture and see that it is completely and utterly immoral and scientifically ignorant.  Cultural and moral values are constantly changing and evolving over time.  Being that the case, the moral code of the Bronze Age - which is when the bible was written - is completely barbaric in contrast with our moral standards of today.   Slavery, sexism, racism, homophobia, etc, etc.   We have definitely evolved past or are still in the process of evolving past most of that.  And what else would we expect from uneducated people from the Bronze Age?  They didn't even have a shred of the knowledge that we have today.

There are people living today who also claim to be prophets of virgin birth.  There are people living today who many claim perform miracles and have an undeniable tie to the supernatural.  Why is it that those claims are absurd, but if we take the exact same claims, place them in a setting of 2,000 years ago, and then all accounting of those events was written decades later...it all somehow becomes believable?  Why is it that all of the tens of thousands of religions - but yours - are absurd and yours happens to be the correct one?

And assuming that there is a god and that one of these scriptures among the thousands is in fact true.  Isn't it a ridiculous request of us?  A god creates us, never reveals himself to us...ever, and demands that we miraculously discover and believe in him/her on terrible evidence.   And if we don't do that, we are to be tortured for eternity.  It's almost breathtaking to see grown adults, who seemingly are capable of functioning in the real world and are productive members of society, view that proposition and feel that a sense of morals somehow emerges from that.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:

I really want you to know that I'm being 100% sincere when I say this.  I am in no way cracking a joke or being sarcastic when I say it.

I do love the world we live in.  And I loved my father,  may he rest in peace.

My father is not something written in any book by anyone,  and especially not by anyone who scribbled some stuff on parchment who lived 2000 years ago and who knew nothing about me anymore than I do about him.

I realize many who do not love life and this world we all live in are in dire straits.  They're hungry,  they're fearful,  they're suffering from illness,  disease,  loneliness,  war,  homelessness,  bigotry and loss of loved ones.  
And if religion and the promise of an afterlife provides them with some comfort in having to cope with that,  I think religion is a wonderful thing.

However,  I choose to live by the Golden Rule.  And anyone (christian,  muslim or whatever) who tries to impose his religion on me has no regard for the Golden Rule.  Because I have never had any desire to impose my religion on anyone.  And I WILL NEVER turn the other cheek for those who do.

Welcome, brother!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:No actually Pkr's line was spot on, seaoat.

No only a person as illiterate as you Bob would not understand the law being crystal clear in regard to a prosecutors having discretion.....affirmed at every level of courts including state and local where a LEO has discretion and latitude.  I know the beach was attractive when most of us were learning, but open a book about a statutory elected officer of government.  They have ministerial duties where they have NO discretion.   It is not an argument about opinions, it is the enforcement of the law.......the birdseed is not the only thing toasted around here.

So what you're telling me is, even if there are laws to prevent entering the country illegally, and/or remaining in the country illegally, that any enforcement of those laws depends solely on the discretion of a law enforcement officer or a prosecutor?
And if I don't accept that, then it makes me an illiterate beachgoer who toasts birdseed?

Got it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum