Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hands Up Don't shoot story based on lies- stunning reversal by author

+8
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
ZxxxZ
Markle
Sal
Floridatexan
polecat
KarlRove
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Moral.....Brown was above the law because of his color.

I don't think "above the law" means what you think it means.  

I think it means that Brown didn't think the law applied to him. What do you think I think it means?

Well, generally the guy who kills a guy and then walks is said to be "above the law", not the other way around.  

I'm curious as to how you even rationalize that in your mind.  

1.  Officer Wilson kills Brown.

2.  Officer Wilson walks.

3.  Joanimaroni concludes that Brown is "above the law".

It's like saying accusing the team that is losing by 100 of flagrantly cheating.

Bad logic Boards. Brown thought he was above the law by robbing a store, walking down the middle of the street, assaulting a cop, and charging the cop instead of surrendering.

Brown did not get killed for walking in the street. You know that, I would hope.

Michael Brown got killed because he was shot by a cop who was scared of him and over reacted due to poor training and racially influenced attitudes re his position as a white cop in Ferguson and the victim's race. He (Wilson) should have known better but he didn't.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I think it means that Brown didn't think the law applied to him. What do you think I think it means?

Well, generally the guy who kills a guy and then walks is said to be "above the law", not the other way around.  

It's like saying accusing the team that is losing by 100 of flagrantly cheating.

Bad logic Boards. Brown thought he was above the law by robbing a store, walking down the middle of the street, assaulting a cop, and charging the cop instead of surrendering.

Brown did not get killed for walking in the street. You know that, I would hope.

Michael Brown got killed because he was shot by a cop who was scared of him and over reacted due to poor training and racially influenced attitudes re his position as a white cop in Ferguson and the victim's race. He (Wilson) should have known better but he didn't.

And what would you have done if you were being charged by a 6' 300 lb man that just assaulted you?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

And what would you have done if you were being charged by a 6' 300 lb man that just assaulted you?

You cannot prove he "charged at" the officer. He was already shot once...probably twice. Would you turn around and charge at someone who was shooting at you?

KarlRove

KarlRove

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

You cannot prove he "charged at" the officer.  He was already shot once...probably twice.  Would you turn around and charge at someone who was shooting at you?

The ballistics report on the killing wounds of the victim prove he was charging officer Wilson. Ever hear of a kid named Chris Beck FT? He was charged with shooting his step father six times with a .22 rifle in Pace about 17-18 years ago. I saw the ballistic reports that delineated the travel of the rounds through the victim's body. The investigators of shootings aren't amateurs despite what you think. Chris got scared and shot his step dad as this man was charging at him. The reports I showed all six rounds fired hit the man, first point blank in the chest and then in the upper collar area and traveling down the torso and out of the body from what I remember. I know this because my ex worked on the case from the legal perspective. Give it a rest. Brown was a giant thug and bully just as Beck's step dad who beat him, his mom and his younger sibling. Brown got what he deserved.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

You cannot prove he "charged at" the officer.  He was already shot once...probably twice.  Would you turn around and charge at someone who was shooting at you?

Turn around? He was not shot in the back.

No, I would not charge a cop....Nor would I rob a store, I would not assault a cop, I would not try to grab a cops gun, and I would not ignore a cops order. But Michael Brown did, so who the hell knows given Brown's aggressive criminal behaviour.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

KarlRove wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

The ballistics report on the killing wounds of the victim prove he was charging officer Wilson. Ever hear of a kid named Chris Beck FT? He was charged with shooting his step father six times with a .22 rifle in Pace about 17-18 years ago. I saw the ballistic reports that delineated the travel of the rounds through the victim's body. The investigators of shootings aren't amateurs despite what you think. Chris got scared and shot his step dad as this man was charging at him. The reports I showed all six rounds fired hit the man, first point blank in the chest and then in the upper collar area and traveling down the torso and out of the body from what I remember. I know this because my ex worked on the case from the legal perspective. Give it a rest. Brown was a giant thug and bully just as Beck's step dad who beat him, his mom and his younger sibling. Brown got what he deserved.

The coroner who performed one of the autopsies on the victim reported that her remarks were taken out of context and did not necessarily corroborate Wilson's account that Michael Brown was reaching for the gun...but, OMG, let one news outlet report something and everyone seizes on it like it's gospel.  Your analogy is apples and oranges...you said "Chris got scared...as this man was charging at him..."  That's not the same at all...not even close.  What was your ex doing sharing police business with you?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/judy-melinek-ferguson-autopsy-report-msnbc

Shocking statement from Mike Brown autopsy expert gets lost in the shuffle of leaks and lies

Hands Up Don't shoot story based on lies- stunning reversal by author - Page 3 Screen_Shot_2014-10-27_at_4.39.19_PM

When the St. Louis Post-Dispatch somehow obtained the confidential autopsy report from the local medical examiner, the newspaper consulted Dr. Judy Melinek to analyze the report and draw some very basic conclusions on how exactly Officer Darren Wilson shot and killed Mike Brown on August 9 in Ferguson, Missouri.
Her comments about the scuffle drew so much attention that one key point she made was totally missed. She says that the gunshot to the back of Mike Brown's upper arm could have come from behind while he was fleeing the scene, as described in the final three paragraphs of an MSNBC story:

All but one of the gunshots, Melinek said, seem to have struck Brown in the front of his body, which is consistent with witnesses who said Brown had been facing Wilson when he was shot. Depending on any witnesses physical proximity to the shooting, Brown could have been turning to Wilson in surrender, stumbling toward him after being shot or charging him.
The shot to the back of Brown’s upper arm, Melinek said, suggested he could have been shot from behind.

Nearly a half-dozen witnesses say that after an initial altercation at Wilson’s car, Brown fled and that Wilson gave chase, firing at him from behind. At one point, they say, Brown turned with his hands up and Wilson fired the final, fatal shots. Unnamed sources quoted in both local and national news reports say Wilson has testified that he fired twice from his car and several times after Brown ran, turned, and then charged at him.

This statement absolutely contradicts the headline and thrust of this leading article published by the Washington Post less than 24 hours later, which relied completely on the report published by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

Hands Up Don't shoot story based on lies- stunning reversal by author - Page 3 Screen_Shot_2014-10-27_at_5.00.39_PM

This clear contradiction exposes just why the autopsy report and grand jury proceedings were sealed in the first place. Attorney General Eric Holder expressed his "exasperation" over these selective leaks, but it appears that even respected media outlets are misrepresenting the facts as well.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/28/1339636/-Shocking-statement-from-Mike-Brown-autopsy-expert-gets-lost-in-the-shuffle-of-leaks-and-lies

KarlRove

KarlRove

Dailykos? What don't you just post Ty Communist manifesto and be done with it.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

KarlRove wrote:Dailykos? What don't you just post Ty Communist manifesto and be done with it.

Are you kidding me? Why don't you just dispense with your usual and post Mein Kampf?

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:The moral of the story is of course that there is a culture of stupidity in nearly all areas of the country due to the lack of understanding between the races.

The moral of the story is that the Ferguson Police are woefully under trained and they are not alone.

The moral of the story is that if you are walking down the middle of the street (which is a common practice for blacks and possibly others) you should not be told from a roaming police car to "get the F out of the street" or something to that effect. That is just not good policing any way you look at it.

Strange, until the past year or so, I traveled a lot.  Never did I see anyone walking down the middle of the road so it is not common practice.

Please show us the sworn testimony from the Grand Jury or the statement from the Eric Holder report.  In the words of Hillary Clinton, what difference does it make?

Ah, the Markle-go-round!

Markle-go-round? I simply asked you to support your allegations. Instead of supporting your own words, you attack me. Go for it! Simply shows what you are made of.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

If Wilson had handled the situation differently he would not have been in the position of having to make such a decision. He screwed up royally. At a certain point the entire event was entirely within Wilson's power to control. He made the first move by approaching the guys. It was an incident that flew out of control very quickly.

Both Brown and Wilson are products of their culture which, if you look at this with a certain perspective is what killed Brown. Both people were full to overflowing with prejudices about the other. Both reacted to those prejudices. One person had a gun. The other guy ended up dead.

As we have seen since this took place it is not an isolated incident.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

If Wilson had handled the situation differently he would not have been in the position of having to make such a decision. He screwed up royally. At a certain point the entire event was entirely within Wilson's power to control. He made the first move by approaching the guys. It was an incident that flew out of control very quickly.

Both Brown and Wilson are products of their culture which, if you look at this with a certain perspective is what killed Brown. Both people were full to overflowing with prejudices about the other. Both reacted to those prejudices. One person had a gun. The other guy ended up dead.

You must have a criminal record or someone close to you does or is in prison.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

You must have a criminal record or someone close to you does or is in prison.

And how did you manage to come to that conclusion?

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:You must have a criminal record or someone close to you does or is in prison.

Your blind defense of a thug, you know nothing about other than he was guilty of strong armed robbery, assault and battery, assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest with violence and, I'm sure, numerous other crimes as well.

What other reason could there be?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:You must have a criminal record or someone close to you does or is in prison.

Your blind defense of a thug, you know nothing about other than he was guilty of strong armed robbery, assault and battery, assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest with violence and, I'm sure, numerous other crimes as well.

Semi-Sane "I KNOW NOSSING" Markle says that "Worst of all, Brown was Black!!!"

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:

I'm not defending Brown, I'm indicting the system and the culture that produced him and Wilson.

I'm indicting the situation that produces two cultures that are so separate  the members of them look at the people in the other group as if they were from Mars. It is a matter of tradition, survival and habit that there are many things about black culture that are unknown to most of the white population of this country.

That is not a problem in itself but when otherwise normal people are unable to view black people as individuals and only see them through a very foggy lens of stereotypes, then that is a problem. It is the kind of problem that leads to this type of violent over reaction and inept handling of the incident in Ferguson.

If Wilson had not been so full of himself, his imagined elevated position in the community, his open-ended right to use deadly force he might have thought clearly enough to have acted more reasonably. The entire police force was indicted by the AG's report. The town was sucking the black community dry via petty fines and tickets. It was a shameful situation, which I doubt is unique.

I say the system/culture that produced this incident is disgusting.  

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:

I'm not defending Brown, I'm indicting the system and the culture that produced him and Wilson.

I'm indicting the situation that produces two cultures that are so separate  the members of them look at the people in the other group as if they were from Mars. It is a matter of tradition, survival and habit that there are many things about black culture that are unknown to most of the white population of this country.

That is not a problem in itself but when otherwise normal people are unable to view black people as individuals and only see them through a very foggy lens of stereotypes, then that is a problem. It is the kind of problem that leads to this type of violent over reaction and inept handling of the incident in Ferguson.

If Wilson had not been so full of himself, his imagined elevated position in the community, his open-ended right to use deadly force he might have thought clearly enough to have acted more reasonably. The entire police force was indicted by the AG's report. The town was sucking the black community dry via petty fines and tickets. It was a shameful situation, which I doubt is unique.

Nicely put!!

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Typically it was you who said that was it not? As your hero Adolph Hitler, that would make you the racist.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:

You defended Brown as did all of the other Progressives here without even knowing the facts.

Here again you mentioned none of these facts: He was guilty of strong armed robbery, assault and battery, assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest with violence and, I'm sure, numerous other crimes as well.

You also ignored the FACTS that Brown did NOT have his hands up and was charging rather then running away when he was shot and killed.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Typically it was you who said that was it not?  As your hero Adolph Hitler, that would make you the racist.

Typical right-wing projection. Whatever you're most guilty of...try and blame it on your opponent.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Typically it was you who said that was it not?  As your hero Adolph Hitler, that would make you the racist.

C'mon Semi-Sane "I KNOW NOSSING!" Markle, the picture you paint of the killing of Michael Brown is one of the poor, little white law enforcement officer being attacked by a 300 lb. (black) monster. 

But we understand you perfectly well.  You're the kind of guy who considers black men hanging from trees as wink-wink, nod-nod, "nice" decorations.

You're the guy who said that now that Ferguson's municipal staff was being weeded, and the police force was being disbanded, the town that is 67% black would deteriorate to a collection of pawn shops, liquor stores and appliance repair shops.

Because that's your honest view of black communities.

Regrettably, America knows you all too well Semi-sane Markle.  

Reality

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:

You defended Brown as did all of the other Progressives here without even knowing the facts.

Here again you mentioned none of these facts:  He was guilty of strong armed robbery, assault and battery, assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest with violence and, I'm sure, numerous other crimes as well.

You also ignored the FACTS that Brown did NOT have his hands up and was charging rather then running away when he was shot and killed.

I am looking strictly at the shooting incident in my comments re the interaction between Wilson and Brown. Wilson was the armed authority figure. He was responsible for the initial interaction. He handled it badly.  (Surely you don't think this was handled well by Wilson?) An 18 year old also reacted badly and was killed. The officer was exonerated. It was avoidable.

Our history and national psychology are at the root of this unfortunate deadly shooting. There is no way of avoiding that fact.

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:

Yes, but then you're debating people who feel that black men when approached by police should immediately kneel down with hands on head and answer "Yes massah, No massah" or be summarily executed because black men are scary.

Beating your head into a brick wall would be more productive.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Yes, but then you're debating people who feel that black men when approached by police should immediately kneel down with hands on head and answer "Yes massah, No massah" or be summarily executed because black men are scary.

Amen to that. Let me look for a wall!!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Yes, but then you're debating people who feel that black men when approached by police should immediately kneel down with hands on head and answer "Yes massah, No kmassah" or be summarily executed because black men are scary.

Really....I don't think anyone said or believes that horse crap.

However, reaching into the cruiser and calling the cop a pussy, telling him he is not going to do anything to him while assaulting the officer and grabbing his gun, then slamming the police door on the officer is perfectly acceptable because .....the officer should have never attempted to say anything to Brown for walking in the middle of the street because that is a black thing.

Of course we only want to stereo - type the white officer as beinv part of a racially biased police force.....without knowing for sure he is racist.....but according to Othershoe1030 he is.

Sal

Sal

Well, when you're willing to defend police tactics including choking out a black dude on the sidewalk with a banned hold for the offense of selling loosies ....

.... and, you're willing to to defend a vigilante who stalked and confronted a black teen for the offense of walking through a neighborhood with Skittles and iced tea ....

.... I think we know where you're coming from.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum