Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

T story....police shoot pit bull coming to the door on misdemeanor warrant

+4
TEOTWAWKI
gulfbeachbandit
Nekochan
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130712/NEWS01/307120022/Santa-Rosa-officers-kill-pit-bull-arrest-owner

It is getting scary out there. The militarization of police all over misdemeanor drug charges. It is getting so frequent that I think we are spinning out of control where the them and us mentality is simply getting goofy. A misdemeanor warrant, and you cannot back off the porch and get your pepper spray ready if she does not secure the dog in a bedroom or bathroom. I do not know the facts, but all I am seeing on the internet is people breaking into folks homes on minor drug charges and shooting their dogs.

Nekochan

Nekochan

This was drug trafficking, not minor charges! She released the dog on them.  What do you think they were supposed to do?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Nekochan wrote:This was drug trafficking, not minor charges!  She released the dog on them.  What do you think they were supposed to do?

The police showed very poor judgment. They should have shot all the criminals in the house and any neighbors who knew what they were doing and didn't report it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes the Police hate competition in drug trafficking.

2seaoat

Adams was cited on a misdemeanor charge of drug equipment possession.

Yep......a non violent crime of drug equipment possession and a general reference to drug traffic warrant......Cassie and her dog paddlefoot are part of an international drug cartel which has invaded Navarre. How about a simple we will back off the porch and you can secure your dog instruction, and if I was the police I would say she released the dog.....but perhaps the dog got by her at the door........my point is these incidents are happening all over the internet. It is not just T. Today an author released his book on the militarization of police in America. He shows how military equipment is filtering into every community in America and that SWAT teams with military vigor are not going out on routine warrants.

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Warrior-Cop-Militarization-Americas/dp/1610392116

I just heard this author on tv this morning and it is getting downright scary. I have seen three videos this week of police breaking into folks homes on misdemeanor charges and shooting dogs. It is completely out of control.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20130712/NEWS01/307120022/Santa-Rosa-officers-kill-pit-bull-arrest-owner

It is getting scary out there.  The militarization of police all over misdemeanor drug charges.   It is getting so frequent that I think we are spinning out of control where the them and us mentality is simply getting goofy.   A misdemeanor warrant, and you cannot back off the porch and get your pepper spray ready if she does not secure the dog in a bedroom or bathroom.   I do not know the facts, but all I am seeing on the internet is people breaking into folks homes on minor drug charges and shooting their dogs.

I think you misread the article. The female was arrested for 3 felony drug charges. She was told to secure the aggressive dog. Instead she released the dog on the officers. Was she so stupid or drugged up to think the officers would run away and forget who she was and where she lived.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:Adams was cited on a misdemeanor charge of drug equipment possession.

Yep......a non violent crime of drug equipment possession and a general reference to drug traffic warrant......Cassie and her dog paddlefoot are part of an international drug cartel which has invaded Navarre.   How about a simple we will back off the porch and you can secure your dog instruction, and if I was the police I would say she released the dog.....but perhaps the dog got by her at the door........my point is these incidents are happening all over the internet.  It is not just T.  Today an author released his book on the militarization of police in America.  He shows how military equipment is filtering into every community in America and that SWAT teams with military vigor are not going out on routine warrants.

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Warrior-Cop-Militarization-Americas/dp/1610392116

I just heard this author on tv this morning and it is getting downright scary.  I have seen three videos this week of police breaking into folks homes on misdemeanor charges and shooting dogs.   It is completely out of control.

I been "sane" a long long time..glad you are catching up, bring the rest with you.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The incident occurred when officers went to the residence of Cassie Marie Dyson, 20, and Daniel Adams, 21, in the 8000 block of Toledo Street to serve outstanding warrants for drug trafficking.

The warrants were for drug trafficking and a pit bull is a deadly weapon. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for drug traffickers.

2seaoat

No I understood they had an arrest warrant. If they were dealing with a violent criminal, I could understand these type of responses. I mean I watched this author on TV talking about police departments using swat teams to serve warrants. It used to be such a mundane duty to serve warrants, especially when you are dealing with non violent crime.

I just saw the preview for a movie which is releasing this week where a person gets taken off the Oakland subway, is handcuffed and laid flat on his stomach and shot by an officer in the back. We have lost our minds. I watched three dogs get shot on UTUBE the last week, and it was simply going from one subject and going to the next when I am bombarded by these dog shootings. I do not like a pit bull but a full canister of pepper spray on a dog is going to stop that dog in their tracks. why is it necessary to be killing animals who are protecting homes and families? We really have a problem.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

SWAT team broke into Nekos home today on a white slavery warrant and shot her chihuahua . It's now on the internet so it must be true.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:No I understood they had an arrest warrant.   If they were dealing with a violent criminal, I could understand these type of responses.  I mean I watched this author on TV talking about police departments using swat teams to serve warrants.  It used to be such a mundane duty to serve warrants, especially when you are dealing with non violent crime.

I just saw the preview for a movie which is releasing this week where a person gets taken off the Oakland subway, is handcuffed and laid flat on his stomach and shot by an officer in the back.  We have lost our minds.   I watched three dogs get shot on UTUBE the last week, and it was simply going from one subject and going to the next when I am bombarded by these dog shootings.    I do not like a pit bull but a full canister of pepper spray on a dog is going to stop that dog in their tracks.   why is it necessary to be killing animals who are protecting homes and families?   We really have a problem.

The police asked her to restrain her dog.  She let the dog go. What should the police have done? What makes you think they had pepper spray?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Everyone who owns a pit bull should be shot.

2seaoat

I have no sympathy for drug traffickers.

what will they label you when they shoot your dog before America begins asking questions on the militarization of police. I want to see a 25% decrease in the criminal justice system over the next 20 years. I want folks to focus on violent crime. Drug traffic........you can bet they are personally using drugs, and that like Bill Mahr said last week.....I could be considered a drug traffic person because I did sell some pot when I was in college......it is out of control.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote: I have no sympathy for drug traffickers.

what will they label you when they shoot your dog before America begins asking questions on the militarization of police.  I want to see a 25% decrease in the criminal justice system over the next 20 years.  I want folks to focus on violent crime.   Drug traffic........you can bet they are personally using drugs, and that like Bill Mahr said last week.....I could be considered a drug traffic person because I did sell some pot when I was in college......it is out of control.  

If I let my cats out on them, they'll label me harmless and my cats as scaredy cats.

2seaoat

The police asked her to restrain her dog. She let the dog go. What should the police have done? What makes you think they had pepper spray?

What should the police have done......quit shooting dogs when serving warrants. It is completely foreseeable to know a dog will be protective of a family. What makes me think they had pepper spray.....well the same reason I have a spray bottle with ammonia water when riding a bike alone on a rural road.......professionals are prepared. Barney shoots dogs. Barney must be working for a chinese restaurant because there are a lot of dead dogs and specials on fido foo young.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dogs represent love and are loyal and protective of their owners. So it's just exactly what a cop would find needed killin. Can't have an animal that sees them for what they are. Vicious roid apes bent on finding a reason to hurt maim and kill to show the rest of the mundanes that they better show respect and lick some boots after all their masters are rich.

2seaoat

If I let my cats out on them, they'll label me harmless and my cats as scaredy cats.

Not so quick. They have specials on meow foo chung, and local cops eat for free.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I would need to hear the LEO's opinions on this pepper spray idea.
But I will say that the woman had a warrant on her, she was asked to restrain the dog and she refused and instead let the dog out on the police. You are not putting any burden on the woman here or any responsibility on her for her actions.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:If I let my cats out on them, they'll label me harmless and my cats as scaredy cats.

Not so quick.   They have specials on meow foo chung, and local cops eat for free.

Now that's fighting talk there!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes maybe she was stupid enough to send her dogs to certain death but for what purpose ?...

2seaoat

Yes maybe she was stupid enough to send her dogs to certain death but for what purpose ?...

She could not do the time......she knew she had a misdemeanor charge waiting for her once they came into her house. Not one drug found......hmmmm.

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Dogs represent love and are loyal and protective of their owners. So it's just exactly what a cop would find needed killin. Can't have an animal that sees them for what they are. Vicious roid apes bent on finding a reason to hurt maim and kill to show the rest of the mundanes that they better show respect and lick some boots after all their masters are rich.

Damn, that's some good stuff.

Nekochan

Nekochan

More on this story:

http://www.individual.com/storyrss.php?story=178870385&hash=1cb385edf12247f6088fce04ad891149

Seven people have been arrested in connection with a drug trafficking ring, according to the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office.

The Okaloosa County Multi-Agency Drug Task Force concluded an investigation with the Drug Enforcement Agency and the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force on Wednesday, the Sheriff's Office announced Thursday. Five more arrests are pending.

A tip reported to Emerald Coast Crime Stoppers in January implicated a head nurse at a doctor's office in Fort Walton Beach with trafficking prescription drugs, according to a news release.

Investigators found that 39-year-old Wendy Cagle of Destin called in multiple unauthorized prescriptions to pharmacies for hydrocodone and Xanax for people she knew and who were not under medical care, the Sheriff's Office reported.

In some cases, the drugs were used to pay co-conspirators.

Cagle was charged with trafficking more than 28 grams of hydrocodone.

Mariah Kathleen Call, 27, of Navarre, was charged with conspiring to obtain, purchase, transfer, sell and/or distribute a trafficking amount of hydrocodone and possession of a controlled substance without a prescription.

Megan Lynette Brewer, 29, of Gulf Breeze; Meagan Renee Cheramie, 26, of Navarre; and Natasha Ann Ratliff, 23, of Fort Walton Beach were charged with trafficking more than 14 grams of hydrocodone.

When officers tried to serve two arrest warrants at a home on Toledo Street in Navarre, deputies were forced to shoot a pit bull that was released by a suspect, according to the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office.

Cassie Marie Dyson, 21, answered the door while restraining the 70- to 85-pound pit bull.

"Suddenly and deliberately, Dyson released the animal," the Sheriff's Office reported.

Officers shot the dog as it lunged toward them.

Dyson was charged with trafficking more than 14 grams of hydrocodone, three counts of felony assault on an officer and one count of misdemeanor drug possession.

The home's other resident, 21-year-old Daniel Ronnie Adams Jr. of Navarre, was charged with conspiring to obtain, purchase, transfer, sell and/or distribute a trafficking amount of hydrocodone.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:More on this story:

http://www.individual.com/storyrss.php?story=178870385&hash=1cb385edf12247f6088fce04ad891149

Seven people have been arrested in connection with a drug trafficking ring, according to the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office.

The Okaloosa County Multi-Agency Drug Task Force concluded an investigation with the Drug Enforcement Agency and the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force on Wednesday, the Sheriff's Office announced Thursday. Five more arrests are pending.

A tip reported to Emerald Coast Crime Stoppers in January implicated a head nurse at a doctor's office in Fort Walton Beach with trafficking prescription drugs, according to a news release.

Investigators found that 39-year-old Wendy Cagle of Destin called in multiple unauthorized prescriptions to pharmacies for hydrocodone and Xanax for people she knew and who were not under medical care, the Sheriff's Office reported.

In some cases, the drugs were used to pay co-conspirators.

Cagle was charged with trafficking more than 28 grams of hydrocodone.

Mariah Kathleen Call, 27, of Navarre, was charged with conspiring to obtain, purchase, transfer, sell and/or distribute a trafficking amount of hydrocodone and possession of a controlled substance without a prescription.

Megan Lynette Brewer, 29, of Gulf Breeze; Meagan Renee Cheramie, 26, of Navarre; and Natasha Ann Ratliff, 23, of Fort Walton Beach were charged with trafficking more than 14 grams of hydrocodone.

When officers tried to serve two arrest warrants at a home on Toledo Street in Navarre, deputies were forced to shoot a pit bull that was released by a suspect, according to the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office.

Cassie Marie Dyson, 21, answered the door while restraining the 70- to 85-pound pit bull.

"Suddenly and deliberately, Dyson released the animal," the Sheriff's Office reported.

Officers shot the dog as it lunged toward them.

Dyson was charged with trafficking more than 14 grams of hydrocodone, three counts of felony assault on an officer and one count of misdemeanor drug possession.

The home's other resident, 21-year-old Daniel Ronnie Adams Jr. of Navarre, was charged with conspiring to obtain, purchase, transfer, sell and/or distribute a trafficking amount of hydrocodone.

As Paul Harvey would say, "And now we know the rest of the story".

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20130712/NEWS01/307120022/Santa-Rosa-officers-kill-pit-bull-arrest-owner

It is getting scary out there.  The militarization of police all over misdemeanor drug charges.   It is getting so frequent that I think we are spinning out of control where the them and us mentality is simply getting goofy.   A misdemeanor warrant, and you cannot back off the porch and get your pepper spray ready if she does not secure the dog in a bedroom or bathroom.   I do not know the facts, but all I am seeing on the internet is people breaking into folks homes on minor drug charges and shooting their dogs.

I think you misread the article. The female was arrested for 3 felony drug charges. She was told to secure the aggressive dog.  Instead she released the dog on the officers. Was she so stupid or drugged up to think the officers would run away and forget who she was and where she lived.

I have to go with Oats on this one. I think it's entirely possible the dog got out in spite of the woman's attempts to restrain him.

Dogs pick up on their human's fear. This woman was probably scared she was going to jail, but the dog perceived that as the woman being afraid of the men at the door.

I have to wonder why so many LEOs appear to be deathly afraid of dogs. And why not tase a threatening dog rather than shoot it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum