Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hands Up Don't shoot story based on lies- stunning reversal by author

+8
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
ZxxxZ
Markle
Sal
Floridatexan
polecat
KarlRove
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:The moral of the story is of course that there is a culture of stupidity in nearly all areas of the country due to the lack of understanding between the races.

The moral of the story is that the Ferguson Police are woefully under trained and they are not alone.

The moral of the story is that if you are walking down the middle of the street (which is a common practice for blacks and possibly others) you should not be told from a roaming police car to "get the F out of the street" or something to that effect. That is just not good policing any way you look at it.

How should this be handled?

Hey guys, how's it goin'? How about walking on the sidewalk? Etc. etc.  

I mean when the first words out of the cop's mouth is laced with F bombs...I mean really? Is that a good idea? Really? Police are supposed to use the least amount of pressure/physical constraints, as necessary to control a situation. Do not yell, use as quiet a voice as possible. Do not escalate the situation by your actions if possible. This is just good police practice. Why make your job more dangerous or difficult?

Would it hurt to at least start out being reasonably polite?

They could also have ignored it since it was really no big deal. Instead it turned into a pizzing contest and resulted in a deadly shooting.

I like to imagine the scene playing out in which there was a black and a white cop in the car or possibly two female cops, one black, one white or even two of each color. I just can't help imagine that the situation would have been handled much better with a little kidding around if necessary in order to get the guys out of the street. It did not have to escalate as it did.

And if Wilson did not use the  f-bomb, would you feel the same way?

Using the f bomb was indicative of the attitude of the police and of their inadequate training. To give them the benefit of a doubt, they may have had training but if so it was not applied in this situation.

When a conversation is started in that manner the only way to go from there is down, which is what happened.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:The moral of the story is of course that there is a culture of stupidity in nearly all areas of the country due to the lack of understanding between the races.

The moral of the story is that the Ferguson Police are woefully under trained and they are not alone.

The moral of the story is that if you are walking down the middle of the street (which is a common practice for blacks and possibly others) you should not be told from a roaming police car to "get the F out of the street" or something to that effect. That is just not good policing any way you look at it.

Strange, until the past year or so, I traveled a lot.  Never did I see anyone walking down the middle of the road so it is not common practice.

Please show us the sworn testimony from the Grand Jury or the statement from the Eric Holder report.  In the words of Hillary Clinton, what difference does it make?

Ah, the Markle-go-round!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

How should this be handled?

Hey guys, how's it goin'? How about walking on the sidewalk? Etc. etc.  

I mean when the first words out of the cop's mouth is laced with F bombs...I mean really? Is that a good idea? Really? Police are supposed to use the least amount of pressure/physical constraints, as necessary to control a situation. Do not yell, use as quiet a voice as possible. Do not escalate the situation by your actions if possible. This is just good police practice. Why make your job more dangerous or difficult?

Would it hurt to at least start out being reasonably polite?

They could also have ignored it since it was really no big deal. Instead it turned into a pizzing contest and resulted in a deadly shooting.

I like to imagine the scene playing out in which there was a black and a white cop in the car or possibly two female cops, one black, one white or even two of each color. I just can't help imagine that the situation would have been handled much better with a little kidding around if necessary in order to get the guys out of the street. It did not have to escalate as it did.

And if Wilson did not use the  f-bomb, would you feel the same way?

Using the f bomb was indicative of the attitude of the police and of their inadequate training. To give them the benefit of a doubt, they may have had training but if so it was not applied in this situation.

When a conversation is started in that manner the only way to go from there is down, which is what happened.

But if Wilson had not used the F-bomb, you are saying the situation might have been different, right?

KarlRove

KarlRove

Liberals are just angry they didn't get to lynch a cop. He did it all by the book and they are butthurt over it. It doesn't exonerate other things that
Might have happened in Ferguson, but you can't hang Wilson for others misdeeds.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

But if Wilson had not used the F-bomb, you are saying the situation might have been different, right?

The F-bomb is just part of the picture.
I'm saying there were many different ways this could have been handled that wouldn't have resulted in a person being shot dead in the street.

The incident is a textbook example of lousy policing. Officer Wilson's actions reveal that he thought he could act with impunity toward these two guys. He could treat them with disrespect without fear of sanctions from his superiors. Many people are now talking about the need to completely dismantle the FPD because these attitudes are endemic. The F-bomb is just part of the overall picture of the culture of racism in Ferguson.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

KarlRove wrote:Liberals are just angry they didn't get to lynch a cop. He did it all by the book and they are butthurt over it. It doesn't exonerate other things that

No one wants to lynch anyone. What a sickening statement that is.

He did it by the book only to the point where he didn't have to be arrested for what he did. It is still piss poor policing.

The entire system in Ferguson is in need of a complete overhaul. Wilson was unlucky enough to get caught but as you point out he was not alone as the report shows.

KarlRove

KarlRove

othershoe1030 wrote:
KarlRove wrote:Liberals are just angry they didn't get to lynch a cop. He did it all by the book and they are butthurt over it. It doesn't exonerate other things that

He did it by the book only to the point where he didn't have to be arrested for what he did. It is still piss poor policing.

The entire system in Ferguson is in need of a complete overhaul. Wilson was unlucky enough to get caught but as you point out he was not alone as the report shows.

What would you know about being a cop except for what you have read in the news? I was married to one for eight years. And YES you liberals wanted to lynch Wilson over thug Michael Brown. You can deny all you want, but that is the fact. His actions were by the book and it pisses you off that you weren't able to ramrod him into prison. Lynching Wilson isn't going to fix what happened to Michael Brown. That will take an effort on the cops and the citizens of the Ferguson area.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

KarlRove wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

What would you know about being a cop except for what you have read in the news? I was married to one for eight years.  And YES you liberals wanted to lynch Wilson over thug Michael Brown. You can deny all you want, but that is the fact. His actions were by the book and it pisses you off that you weren't able to ramrod him into prison. Lynching Wilson isn't going to fix what happened to Michael Brown. That will take an effort on the cops and the citizens of the Ferguson area.

I was not a street cop but I was a part of the criminal justice system and had to deal with the public and with criminals. I have had training in crises intervention and the use of firearms so I have personal experience with some of these situations. I think street cops have a very difficult job, which is why they need to be trained in how to do it with some degree of professionalism.

You can claim to know what we liberals want but you really have no idea.

I agree that the citizens of Ferguson have a lot of work to do. The first thing they need to do is to register to vote and get some people in office who more clearly have the interests of the entire community at heart.

Sal

Sal

What is perfectly clear is that Joanie and PeeDawg and their ilk think that black males are suspect due to their very nature and existence, and police have every right to treat them as such.

That is the only reason that in discussions such as this one they consistently trot out crime statistics and stories about Chicago and other irrelevant puke to paint an entire demographic in a negative light.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

What is perfectly clear is that... {many Americans}... think that black males are suspect due to their very nature and existence, and police have every right to treat them as such.

Exactly. This is the crux of the problem. Some racism is overt and conscious and some of the racial attitudes that are pervasive in this country are unconscious and go unnoticed by us all but nonetheless have an impact on our actions and attitudes.

This is the result of our history, our relationship to people of color. It is very difficult to change even after it is acknowledged because it is to deeply embedded in our thinking.

This effects not only whites but everyone else too. It is a sad thing but a fact of life. It can be dealt with and improved but it will take time and effort on everyone's part. I am optimistic that people of goodwill will prevail but it will take time.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:But if Wilson had not used the F-bomb, you are saying the situation might have been different, right?

I'm saying there were many different ways this could have been handled that wouldn't have resulted in a person being shot dead in the street.

The incident is a textbook example of lousy policing. Officer Wilson's actions reveal that he thought he could act with impunity toward these two guys. He could treat them with disrespect without fear of sanctions from his superiors. Many people are now talking about the need to completely dismantle the FPD because these attitudes are endemic. The F-bomb is just part of the overall picture of the culture of racism in Ferguson.

Speaking of attitudes, let's discuss Michael Brown's attitude minutes before his encounter with Wilson. Brown and his accomplice had just committed a strong armed robbery and the video clearly shows Brown intimidating the store owner with his commanding size. Maybe the store owner dropped the F-bomb when he was nose to belly button with Brown pissing Brown off . Who knows. According to your theory robbery is no excuse for piss-poor customer relations by the store owner being robbed.

The witness, the friend and robbery accomplice of Brown is the only person that claimed Wilson used the "f-bomb". The same witness testified Brown had his hands up when he was shot in the back. Of course his sworn statement changed when the autopsy proved him wrong.

Maybe just maybe it was Brown's attitude that set the stage. Wilson told Brown to get out of the street, even though walking in the middle of the street is a "black" thing. Brown refused and challenged Wilson....he slammed the car door on Wilson as he attempted to exit the cruiser. Brown then reached into the car and assaulted Wilson while attempting to get Wilson's gun. Brown's DNA on the gun supported this forensic account inside the cruiser.

If Brown had compiled with Wilson....would we have had a different outcome?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:But if Wilson had not used the F-bomb, you are saying the situation might have been different, right?

Speaking of attitudes, let's discuss Michael Brown's attitude minutes before his encounter with Wilson.  Brown and his accomplice had just committed a strong armed robbery and the video clearly shows Brown  intimidating the store owner with his commanding size. Maybe the store owner dropped the F-bomb when he was nose to belly button with Brown pissing Brown off . Who knows. According to your theory robbery is no excuse for piss-poor customer relations by the store owner being robbed.

The witness, the friend and robbery accomplice of Brown is the only  person that claimed Wilson used the "f-bomb".  The same witness testified Brown had his hands up when he was shot in the back.  Of course his sworn statement changed when the autopsy proved him wrong.

Maybe just maybe it was Brown's attitude that set the stage. Wilson told Brown to get out of the street, even though walking in the middle of the street is a "black" thing. Brown refused and challenged Wilson....he slammed the car door on Wilson as he attempted to exit the cruiser. Brown then reached into the car and assaulted Wilson while attempting to get Wilson's gun. Brown's DNA on the gun supported this forensic account inside the cruiser.

According to your theory robbery is no excuse for piss-poor customer relations by the store owner being robbed.

My theory involves public safety employees (AKA police) who should have been trained in methods of interacting with people in a professional manner even during stressful situations. It has nothing to do with store owners and customer relations.

Duh.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Speaking of attitudes, let's discuss Michael Brown's attitude minutes before his encounter with Wilson.  Brown and his accomplice had just committed a strong armed robbery and the video clearly shows Brown  intimidating the store owner with his commanding size. Maybe the store owner dropped the F-bomb when he was nose to belly button with Brown pissing Brown off . Who knows. According to your theory robbery is no excuse for piss-poor customer relations by the store owner being robbed.

The witness, the friend and robbery accomplice of Brown is the only  person that claimed Wilson used the "f-bomb".  The same witness testified Brown had his hands up when he was shot in the back.  Of course his sworn statement changed when the autopsy proved him wrong.

According to your theory robbery is no excuse for piss-poor customer relations by the store owner being robbed.

My theory involves public safety employees (AKA police) who should have been trained in methods of interacting with people in a professional manner even during stressful situations. It has nothing to do with store owners and customer relations.

Duh.

The store owner- customer relations scenerio has to do with Brown's attitude. You seem to want to blame Wilson while discounting Brown's behaviour and prior criminal activity.

According to testimony, Wilson did not use the F word.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

When you take into consideration that Wilson was one of Ferguson's overt, racist policing-for-profit cops, the whole scenario falls into place.

Wilson F Bombs brown who already has a hatred for his town's brutal, racist white cops.

Boom boom, it's on.  And it ends with Wilson shooting Brown down in fear of his life.

Neither Brown nor Wilson were innocent.  But only one got killed.

The other is out of a job and will be a target for the rest of his miserable adult life.

American justice!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Duh.

The store owner- customer relations scenerio has to do with Brown's attitude. You seem to want to blame Wilson while discounting Brown's behaviour and prior criminal activity.

Brown was no Boy Scout, granted. Wilson may not have told the guys to get the F up on the sidewalk. Brown may have been hyped up on adrenalin after his recent encounter at the store.

It may seem as if I am discounting Brown's behavior but the fact remains that the situation between Wilson and Brown was completely in Wilson's control. He was the adult in this situation. He was the one who was supposed to be trained in handling these sorts of things. He was the one who could have chosen any number of ways of dealing with the situation.

It was because Wilson decided to handle it the way he did that a kid lost his life, received a death sentence on the spot for walking in the street and according to the video, robbing the store. Death for shoplifting and death for walking in the street seems a bit over the top don't you think?

Because of the way it escalated Wilson ended up in fear of his life. He was a dumbass who created the situation.

Granted, there is the possibility that even after his parents tried their hardest to keep this kid on the right track that he was an 18 year old jerk. Even 18 year old jerks should not be shot dead.

Sure, he should have said, "Sorry officer, thank you for noticing that we are at risk of being hurt in an automobile accident. We'll get up on the sidewalk." Would that have been the end of it? Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know.  

Sal

Sal

What we had here was a fully armed and supposedly trained law enforcement officer in a police SUV in a confrontation with an unarmed teen on foot.

Regardless of how it went down, this scenario should not have ended with the teen dead in the street.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Duh.

Brown was no Boy Scout, granted. Wilson may not have told the guys to get the F up on the sidewalk. Brown may have been hyped up on adrenalin after his recent encounter at the store.

It may seem as if I am discounting Brown's behavior but the fact remains that the situation between Wilson and Brown was completely in Wilson's control. He was the adult in this situation. He was the one who was supposed to be trained in handling these sorts of things. He was the one who could have chosen any number of ways of dealing with the situation.

It was because Wilson decided to handle it the way he did that a kid lost his life, received a death sentence on the spot for walking in the street and according to the video, robbing the store. Death for shoplifting and death for walking in the street seems a bit over the top don't you think?

Because of the way it escalated Wilson ended up in fear of his life. He was a dumbass who created the situation.

Granted, there is the possibility that even after his parents tried their hardest to keep this kid on the right track that he was an 18 year old jerk. Even 18 year old jerks should not be shot dead.

Sure, he should have said, "Sorry officer, thank you for noticing that we are at risk of being hurt in an automobile accident. We'll get up on the sidewalk." Would that have been the end of it? Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know.  

BUT you said....

Stop guessing about how it was handled.  The fact is Brown was told to get out of the street and what occurred , for whatever reason, Brown the 6' 300lb 18 year old  assaulted Wilson and tried to take his gun.

Moral.....Brown was above the law because of his color.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 3/20/2015, 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Moral.....Brown was above the law because of his color.

I don't think "above the law" means what you think it means.

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:

It generally doesn't mean below the ground.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:

I think it means that Brown didn't think the law applied to him. What do you think I think it means?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

BUT you said....

Stop guessing about how it was handled. The fact is Brown was told to get out of the street and what occurred , for whatever reason, Brown the 6' 300lb 18 year old assaulted Wilson and tried to take his gun.

Moral.....Brown was above the law because of his color.

There is no guessing about how it was handled. How it was handled is out there for all to see.

I have already said that even if Wilson had not used the F word he still was not handling the situation well as can easily be seen by the fact the end result was a corpse on the pavement. That's how it was handled.

If Wilson was intimidated by Brown's size he should have waited for backup. As I said before, there are many ways the situation could have been handled that would not have resulted in any sort of altercation much less death.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I think it means that Brown didn't think the law applied to him. What do you think I think it means?

Well, generally the guy who kills a guy and then walks is said to be "above the law", not the other way around.

I'm curious as to how you even rationalize that in your mind.

1. Officer Wilson kills Brown.

2. Officer Wilson walks.

3. Joanimaroni concludes that Brown is "above the law".

It's like saying accusing the team that is losing by 100 of flagrantly cheating.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Well, generally the guy who kills a guy and then walks is said to be "above the law", not the other way around.  

1.  Officer Wilson kills Brown.

2.  Officer Wilson walks.

3.  Joanimaroni concludes that Brown is "above the law".

It's like saying accusing the team that is losing by 100 of flagrantly cheating.

Exactly

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I think the entirety of your posts over the years on this subject indicates that you are scared of black people.

Sorry...posts in between. I think it's evident to whom I was addressing that remark.

50Hands Up Don't shoot story based on lies- stunning reversal by author - Page 2 Empty 9 3/20/2015, 1:51 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

1.  Officer Wilson kills Brown.

2.  Officer Wilson walks.

3.  Joanimaroni concludes that Brown is "above the law".

Bad logic Boards. Brown thought he was above the law by robbing a store, walking down the middle of the street, assaulting a cop, and charging the cop instead of surrendering.

Brown did not get killed for walking in the street. You know that, I would hope.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum