Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hands Up Don't shoot story based on lies- stunning reversal by author

+8
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
ZxxxZ
Markle
Sal
Floridatexan
polecat
KarlRove
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/03/16/wapos-jonathan-capehart-hands-up-dont-shoot-was-built-on-a-lie/

In a stunning reversal, progressive Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart admitted Monday that the “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” mantra adopted by Black Lives Matter protesters is “built on a lie.”

Capehart had previously written about the shooting of Michael Brown on at least two occasions. Last December, in the wake of the decision not to indict Officer Darren Wilson, Capehart wrote that he was enraged by the “presumption of danger and guilt foisted on black boys and teenagers.”

Capehart didn’t spend much time in the piece discussing Brown’s behavior prior to the shooting, but he did suggest that Brown had been a victim of “fears and prejudices.” Capehart also seemed to cast doubt on Officer Wilson’s testimony in which he referred to Brown as “aggravated” and “angry.”

On Monday, Capehart announced his new piece on Twitter by saying it was, “The hardest piece I’ve ever had to write.” It amounts to a reversal of his previous stance and an admission that, under the circumstances, Wilson’s shooting of Brown was “justified.”

Liberals lie for their agenda often. That is the moral of this story.

polecat

polecat

Driftglass explains:

When Roger [Ailes] decides deficits are irrelevant...nobody cares about deficits you terrorist-loving asshole because 9/11 changed everything!

When Roger decides deficits are the Most Important Issue in the World...hordes of enraged teabaggers fill the streets screaming about deficits and Kenya and taking their country back, while Village Elders gather in solemn conclave to insist that a cat-food commission be immediately convened to solve a problem they didn't give a shit about 10 minutes before.

And if, this Fall, Roger decides Real Patriots (tm) need to signify by, say, putting porcelain figurines up their butts, expect Crazy Uncle Liberty to show up this Thanksgiving with a Hummel "Merry Wanderer" shoved up his ass, demanding to know to why you hate Murrica!

This is the way the media works now and everyone knows it.

But since this is the way the media works now, no one is permitted to say it.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Hands Up Don't shoot story based on lies- stunning reversal by author 9k=

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

It appears to me that you're the one who can't let this go. PBS analyzed the witness statements:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/newly-released-witness-testimony-tell-us-michael-brown-shooting/

Q: Did Michael Brown put his hands up when fired upon?

A: Officer Wilson and one witness say no. All the rest, with the exception of 2 who did not answer, and 8 who are marked "N/A", either testified or gave a statement to the effect that Michael Brown put his hands in the air when fired upon.

And we already know that the prosecutor allowed witnesses to testify when he knew they were lying...and in the case of at least one witness, she wasn't even present at the time of the shooting.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/12/19/prosecutor-admits-witnesses-absolutely-lied-testify-ferguson-grand-jury.html

His words:

"Well, early on, I decided that anyone who claimed to have witnessed anything was going to be presented to the grand jury. And I knew that no matter how I handled it, there would be criticism of it. So if I didn’t put those witnesses on, then we’d be discussing now why I didn’t put those witnesses on. Even though their statements were not accurate.
So my determination was to put everybody on and let the grand jurors assess their credibility, which they did. This grand jury poured their hearts and souls into this. It was a very emotional few months for them. It took a lot of them. I wanted to put everything on there. I thought it was much more important to present everything and everybody, and some that, yes, clearly were not telling the truth. No question about it."

That is suborning perjury...and he knew all he had to do to exonerate Wilson was muddy the waters enough that a few of the jurors were confused enough to return a no bill.

KarlRove

KarlRove

PBS isn't a court of law.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

KarlRove wrote:PBS isn't a court of law.

Neither is the WaPo, or some journalist at the WaPo. PBS has analyzed the data from the court. Since I was not present at the trial, I used PBS' exhaustive research.

Sal

Sal

What court of law?

What trial?

There was a seriously flawed grand jury proceeding and a DOJ report initiated long after the event transpired and reliant on evidence gathered by the Ferguson PD.

Markle

Markle

KarlRove wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/03/16/wapos-jonathan-capehart-hands-up-dont-shoot-was-built-on-a-lie/

In a stunning reversal, progressive Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart admitted Monday that the “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” mantra adopted by Black Lives Matter protesters is “built on a lie.”

Capehart had previously written about the shooting of Michael Brown on at least two occasions. Last December, in the wake of the decision not to indict Officer Darren Wilson, Capehart wrote that he was enraged by the “presumption of danger and guilt foisted on black boys and teenagers.”

Capehart didn’t spend much time in the piece discussing Brown’s behavior prior to the shooting, but he did suggest that Brown had been a victim of “fears and prejudices.” Capehart also seemed to cast doubt on Officer Wilson’s testimony in which he referred to Brown as “aggravated” and “angry.”

On Monday, Capehart announced his new piece on Twitter by saying it was, “The hardest piece I’ve ever had to write.” It amounts to a reversal of his previous stance and an admission that, under the circumstances, Wilson’s shooting of Brown was “justified.”

Liberals lie for their agenda often. That is the moral of this story.

Now we'll wait for Al Sharpton and all the other race baiters to come to Fergusson and make the same honest statements...and wait...and wait...and wait.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sal wrote:What court of law?

What trial?

There was a seriously flawed grand jury proceeding and a DOJ report initiated long after the event transpired and reliant on evidence gathered by the Ferguson PD.

You're right, but I think the grand jury proceeding was held in a courtroom...not to quibble. This case was horribly mishandled, from the initial confrontation by Wilson to the current state of affairs...

Markle

Markle

What trial?

Now you're just making foolish statements.

The greatest piece evidence is the autopsy and that PROVES everything necessary.

Even our racist US State Attorney General Eric Holder conceded that it was a valid, lawful shooting. Brown did NOT have his hands up, was not running away, was NOT saying "Don't Shoot" and WAS charging the officer.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You can try to spin it any way you want, Markle. No one believes your lies.

ZxxxZ

No Doubt Capehart will now be burned at the stake by a crazed gang of liberals that will be yelling , " The Truth Not Be Told " as they throw wood onto the fire . I can picture how many liberals ears burst into flames when they heard Capehart on tape or saw him on video.

KarlRove

KarlRove

What trial?

You forgot to throw the word "whitey" in there to help sell your post which is utter BS.

The 86 page DOJ report exonerates Wilson.

Wilson.http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/opa/press-releases/attachments/2015/03/04/doj_report_on_shooting_of_michael_brown.pdf

15Hands Up Don't shoot story based on lies- stunning reversal by author Empty Hands up don't shoot 3/19/2015, 9:50 am

ZxxxZ

Of course Officer Wilson was exonerated , I don't think anyone really thought that, that officer was going to execute that guerilla in that neighborhood , knowing that their would be people all over the place as witnesses. I say this as the more intelligent of you out there know that the unemployment rate in the " depressed neighborhoods " are much higher, therefore a much larger presents of people who were waiting for something like that to happen. BTW. I believe at first their was around 40 people that had said Officer Wilson executed big bad Leroy Brown, then after the 50 , 50, 50, FBI Investigators started interviewing witnesses and explaining the consequences of perjury, only a few of the upstanding citizens their tried to get away with lying. The Truth Is The Truth Is The Truth. The Liberal Thinker Can't Wrap Their Minds Around That.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

The moral of the story is of course that there is a culture of stupidity in nearly all areas of the country due to the lack of understanding between the races.

The moral of the story is that the Ferguson Police are woefully under trained and they are not alone.

The moral of the story is that if you are walking down the middle of the street (which is a common practice for blacks and possibly others) you should not be told from a roaming police car to "get the F out of the street" or something to that effect. That is just not good policing any way you look at it.

Sal

Sal

ZxxxZ wrote:Of course Officer Wilson was exonerated , I don't think anyone really thought that, that officer was going to execute  that guerilla in that neighborhood , knowing that their would be people all over the place as witnesses. I say this as the more intelligent of you out there know that the unemployment rate in the " depressed neighborhoods " are much higher, therefore a much larger presents of people who were waiting for something like that to happen.  BTW.  I believe at first their was around 40 people that had said Officer Wilson executed  big bad Leroy Brown, then after the 50 , 50, 50,  FBI Investigators started interviewing witnesses and explaining the consequences of perjury, only a few of the upstanding citizens their tried to get away with lying. The Truth Is The Truth Is The Truth. The Liberal Thinker Can't Wrap Their  Minds Around That.    

Excuse me while I go bleach my eyeballs after making the mistake of reading that racist filth.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:
ZxxxZ wrote:Of course Officer Wilson was exonerated , I don't think anyone really thought that, that officer was going to execute  that guerilla in that neighborhood , knowing that their would be people all over the place as witnesses. I say this as the more intelligent of you out there know that the unemployment rate in the " depressed neighborhoods " are much higher, therefore a much larger presents of people who were waiting for something like that to happen.  BTW.  I believe at first their was around 40 people that had said Officer Wilson executed  big bad Leroy Brown, then after the 50 , 50, 50,  FBI Investigators started interviewing witnesses and explaining the consequences of perjury, only a few of the upstanding citizens their tried to get away with lying. The Truth Is The Truth Is The Truth. The Liberal Thinker Can't Wrap Their  Minds Around That.    

Excuse me while I go bleach my eyeballs after making the mistake of reading that racist filth.

And some people have tried to brand our times as "post racial"!
I heard Angela Davis speak Tuesday and she reinforced the notion that civil rights must be an ongoing struggle. No one event such as the election of a black president is evidence of anything more than the election of a black president. It does not mean that everything is now all right by any means as is plain to see.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:The moral of the story is of course that there is a culture of stupidity in nearly all areas of the country due to the lack of understanding between the races.

The moral of the story is that the Ferguson Police are woefully under trained and they are not alone.

The moral of the story is that if you are walking down the middle of the street (which is a common practice for blacks and possibly others) you should not be told from a roaming police car to "get the F out of the street" or something to that effect. That is just not good policing any way you look at it.

How should this be handled?

Vikingwoman

Sal wrote:

You know this poster well so you should not be surprised if it reeks of racism.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
Sal wrote:

You know this poster well so you should not be surprised if it reeks of racism.

Who is it?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:The moral of the story is of course that there is a culture of stupidity in nearly all areas of the country due to the lack of understanding between the races.

Hey guys, how's it goin'? How about walking on the sidewalk? Etc. etc.  

I mean when the first words out of the cop's mouth is laced with F bombs...I mean really? Is that a good idea? Really? Police are supposed to use the least amount of pressure/physical constraints, as necessary to control a situation. Do not yell, use as quiet a voice as possible. Do not escalate the situation by your actions if possible. This is just good police practice. Why make your job more dangerous or difficult?

Would it hurt to at least start out being reasonably polite?

They could also have ignored it since it was really no big deal. Instead it turned into a pizzing contest and resulted in a deadly shooting.

I like to imagine the scene playing out in which there was a black and a white cop in the car or possibly two female cops, one black, one white or even two of each color. I just can't help imagine that the situation would have been handled much better with a little kidding around if necessary in order to get the guys out of the street. It did not have to escalate as it did.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Hey guys, how's it goin'? How about walking on the sidewalk? Etc. etc.  

I mean when the first words out of the cop's mouth is laced with F bombs...I mean really? Is that a good idea? Really? Police are supposed to use the least amount of pressure/physical constraints, as necessary to control a situation. Do not yell, use as quiet a voice as possible. Do not escalate the situation by your actions if possible. This is just good police practice. Why make your job more dangerous or difficult?

Would it hurt to at least start out being reasonably polite?

They could also have ignored it since it was really no big deal. Instead it turned into a pizzing contest and resulted in a deadly shooting.

I like to imagine the scene playing out in which there was a black and a white cop in the car or possibly two female cops, one black, one white or even two of each color. I just can't help imagine that the situation would have been handled much better with a little kidding around if necessary in order to get the guys out of the street. It did not have to escalate as it did.

And if Wilson did not use the f-bomb, would you feel the same way?

Markle

Markle

Strange, until the past year or so, I traveled a lot. Never did I see anyone walking down the middle of the road so it is not common practice.

Please show us the sworn testimony from the Grand Jury or the statement from the Eric Holder report. In the words of Hillary Clinton, what difference does it make?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:PBS isn't a court of law.

Yeah, it's important to trust courts ... like the ones in Ferguson who have been supporting and directing policing-for-profit for decades.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum