Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Georgia republican senator openly doubles down on racist remarks. What year is it again?

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/fran-millar-georgia-educated-voters-more-voters

The Georgia state senator who ranted about excessive black voting and vowed to fight a move to expand early voting in DeKalb County defended his remarks on Facebook, saying that he would rather have more educated voters than an increase in the total number of voters.

The Republican state senator, Fran Millar (pictured), wrote that in a comment responding to others on his post where he vowed to end Sunday balloting in DeKalb County because that area is "dominated by African American shippers" and has "large African American mega churches."

"I do agree with Galloway and I never claimed to be nonpartisan," Millar wrote. "I would prefer more educated voters than a greater increase in the number of voters. If you don't believe this is an efort [sic] to maximize Democratic votes pure and simple, then you are not a realist. This is a partisan stunt and I hope it can be stopped. Furthermore I don't control where people are allowed to vote but am glad Brookhaven has been added for the last week."

That comment came a few hours after Millar published his longwinded email about an appointee of Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal (R) who "has disappointed those of us that hoped he could bring the county together." Millar, in that same email, said that he talked with another lawmaker about ending early voting there.

"Democrats are showing their hand on how they might boost their numbers," Millar wrote.

boards of FL

boards of FL

GOP 2014! Our base is so out to lunch that we can openly say shit like this and still be viable come election time!

gatorfan

Aw, isn't that cute!

Looks like the Democrats have the same problem but you would choose to ignore that obvious fact. Not that you're a hyper-partisan type or anything.....

"Democratic Nassau County, NY Legislator Ellen Birnbaum has caught heat from fellow lawmakers after she allegedly said, "This is a bad neighborhood because African-Americans live there. Very few people would want to go there.” Those remarks were in reference to an area near the Yes We Can Community Center in New Cassel, NY."

http://longisland.news12.com/news/democrats-call-for-legislator-ellen-birnbaum-s-resignation-after-racially-insensitive-new-cassel-comment-1.8072259

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:Aw, isn't that cute!

Looks like the Democrats have the same problem but you would choose to ignore that obvious fact. Not that you're a hyper-partisan type or anything.....

"Democratic Nassau County, NY Legislator Ellen Birnbaum has caught heat from fellow lawmakers after she allegedly said, "This is a bad neighborhood because African-Americans live there. Very few people would want to go there.” Those remarks were in reference to an area near the Yes We Can Community Center in New Cassel, NY."

http://longisland.news12.com/news/democrats-call-for-legislator-ellen-birnbaum-s-resignation-after-racially-insensitive-new-cassel-comment-1.8072259

Let's compare these two scenarios.  First, what happens when we google "Ellen Birnbaum"?  What sort of results should we expect to see?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ellen+Birnbaum&oq=Ellen+Birnbaum&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i59j0l4.788j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Legis. Ellen Birnbaum needs to go - Editorial - Newsday

Ellen Birnbaum, LI legislator, urged to resign by top democrats

WCBS 880: Nassau Democrats Call For Legislator Ellen ...

Hell, did you even read the headline of your own article?  It is very large and in bold lettering.  Here.

Democrats call for Legislator Ellen Birnbaum’s resignation after racially insensitive New Cassel comment

Re-read that as many times as you need so that the underlying meaning sets in.

The beginning of your article...

MINEOLA - Nassau County Democrats rallied outside Monday’s Legislative meeting to demand the resignation of Democratic Legislator Ellen Birnbaum.

Now let's contrast this with the GOP.  What do we find when we google "Fran Millar"?  

https://www.google.com/search?q=Fran+Millar&oq=Fran+Millar&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1027j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Georgia GOPer Complains About Early Voting, Excessive ...

Fran Millar's Political Summary - Project Vote Smart

Fran Millar's file | PolitiFact Georgia

Fran Millar (Fran_Millar) on Twitter

Fran Millar - Ballotpedia

Notice a difference?  Hell, you're not even calling for this guy to step down.  You're not even pointing out how overtly racist these comments are.  Instead, you're trying to obfuscate and spread blame.  

Democrats point out the problem and seek to get rid of it.  GOP supporters - yourself included - ignore the problem and point elsewhere.  

gatorfan

Your pitiful response illustrates your hyper-partisanship even more. How many time have you complained about Repub gerrymandering?

Let's review.

In your example a state rep is whining about early voting pushed by Dems in an obvious attempt to increase voting turnout in their favor.

In my example the Dem rep is afraid of the "brownz" and thinks it's not safe to travel in their area.

Read it all again carefully and see if it's possible for you to come to an objective conclusion.

That would be - there are idiots with no brain connected to their mouth in both party's.

Hilarious.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:Your pitiful response illustrates your hyper-partisanship even more. How many time have you complained about Repub gerrymandering?

Let's review.

In your example a state rep is whining about early voting pushed by Dems in an obvious attempt to increase voting turnout in their favor.

In my example the Dem rep is afraid of the "brownz" and thinks it's not safe to travel in their area.

Read it all again carefully and see if it's possible for you to come to an objective conclusion.

That would be - there are idiots with no brain connected to their mouth in both party's.

Hilarious.

You didn't read my response, did you?

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:Your pitiful response illustrates your hyper-partisanship even more. How many time have you complained about Repub gerrymandering?

Let's review.

Hilarious.

I managed to stay awake long enough to read it, yes. Apparently you choose to ignore my thread addition but it doesn't really matter. Unlike you I think both are examples of idiots but you on the other hand can't ignore your obvious bias. I'll bet your parent's had a hard time potty training you didn't they?

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Let's review.

Hilarious.

I managed to stay awake long enough to read it, yes. Apparently you choose to ignore my thread addition but it doesn't really matter. Unlike you I think both are examples of idiots but you on the other hand can't ignore your obvious bias. I'll bet your parent's had a hard time potty training you didn't they?

I directly responded to your thread addition.  I showed the democratic response to your thread addition.  I even pointed out aspects of your thread addition that you missed.   You either can't read, or you're an abject moron.

I pointed to a story in which a GOP politician made overtly racist remarks. You replied to that with a story in which a democratic politician made overtly racist remarks. Fair enough. Beyond that, I showed you how each party responds to such stories. Democrats held rallies and called for their politician to resign. We see no such action from GOP supporters or politicians. See the difference?

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

What do we find when we google "Fran Millar"?  

I'll put my comments in red so you have your teacher read it to you more easily, I guess the usual liberal media didn't think his comments were worth talking about. Don't you find that strange? Probably not.

Notice a difference?  Hell, you're not even calling for this guy to step down.

Why should I? A. I'm not a Republican, I'm an Indepedent. B. I don't live in his district.

You're not even pointing out how overtly racist these comments are.

Why should I? You cried enough over it already.

Instead, you're trying to obfuscate and spread blame.  

Look up the word "obfuscate". Pointing out another instance of stupidity is not "spreading blame"

Democrats point out the problem and seek to get rid of it.  

That's really funny. Only when it suits them apparently. If that were true why is that liar and lawbreaker Obama still in office?

GOP supporters - yourself included - ignore the problem and point elsewhere.

Now that is your most hypocritical statement yet. You are a Democrat supporter but can never seem to find anything wrong with whatever you Democrats do.

[/quote]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Wow.  You're dense.  

Being racist is wrong.  Making overtly racist comments is wrong.  If politicians make overtly racist comments, they should promptly leave office.  

With respect to the case that you cited regarding the democratic politician who made overtly racist remarks, I feel she should step down.  Local democrats apparently agree as well because a simple google search of her name yields multiple articles in which democrats are shown demanding she step down.   They even held rallies over this.

With respect to the case that I cited regarding the republican politician who made overtly racist remarks, I feel he should step down.   Apparently GOP supporters do not feel the same way, however, as there are no calls for this politician to step down.  

There is no hypocrisy here.  I'm calling for both to step down.  It's amazing that I have to dumb this down this much for you.  Here, gatorfan:

http://www.learningrx.com/reading-help-for-adults-faq.htm

Now, feel free to respond in a way that suggests you don't understand any of what you just read.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:Wow.  You're dense.  

Being racist is wrong.  Making overtly racist comments is wrong.  If politicians make overtly racist comments, they should promptly leave office.  

OK rocket scientist where did I say it wasn't wrong? I called them both idiots. What purpose would it serve for me - personally - to "call for them to step down? I don't live in either of their districts. You do understand how all that pesky politics stuff works right?

So what if no one is calling for example 1 idiot to step down? Where is the media outrage except from your one-sided and laughable "news" source? Maybe they aren't outraged because the comments weren't overtly racist but rather directed toward Democratic political maneuvering. I wouldn't expect you to understand though, you have proven yourself incapable of cogent thought.

No, you definitely have earned the Dunce of the Year award for your blind eye review of comments. Or perhaps there just isn't a brain connected to your eyes.

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:Maybe they aren't outraged because the comments weren't overtly racist

Holy shit ....

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Wow.  You're dense.  

OK rocket scientist where did I say it wasn't wrong? I called them both idiots. What purpose would it serve for me - personally - to "call for them to step down? I don't live in either of their districts. You do understand how all that pesky politics stuff works right?

So what if no one is calling for example 1 idiot to step down? Where is the media outrage except from your one-sided and laughable "news" source? Maybe they aren't outraged because the comments weren't overtly racist but rather directed toward Democratic political maneuvering. I wouldn't expect you to understand though, you have proven yourself incapable of cogent thought.

No, you definitely have earned the Dunce of the Year award for your blind eye review of comments. Or perhaps there just isn't a brain connected to your eyes.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the current state of the GOP base.  The comment above is made by a real person expressing a real opinion.  This is not a clever satirical writer trying to come off as an incredibly ignorant dumbass.  No, this is an actual person.  This is really happening.

boards of FL

boards of FL

While reading back through this thread I felt a weird sense of deja vu. Poor spelling. Poor grammar. Piss poor reading comprehension. Where have I seen this level of stupidity before?

Then it hit him. It's nochain, back under a different moniker.

I suspect PACEDOG is celebrating with a toast somewhere as now he is no longer the shoe-in for village idiot. Now there is competition!

Sal

Sal

"hyper-partisan" gave it away for me.

Sal

Sal

And, it's so cute when they pretend to be "independents".

You know the GOP brand is in tatters when even obvious wingnutz no longer want to be associated with it.

gatorfan

Sal wrote:And, it's so cute when they pretend to be "independents".

You know the GOP brand is in tatters when even obvious wingnutz no longer want to be associated with it.

Well Sal and Boards, you two clowns are entertaining if nothing else. It drives you both insane to think someone can be an Independent and not require party direction to make a decision. Obviously you two are too politically stupid to think for yourselves. But I do enjoy the back and forth.....

Keep trying, you might hit reality someday!

In the meantime let's keep the entertainment going. Or not. I really don't care either way.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'm actually registered as an independent as well. That said, I don't deny at all that I support democrats. They're clearly the lesser of two evils right now. And it isn't even close.

Markle

Markle

When my dear Progressive friends have no way possible to defend the massive failure of this administration...they pull out the RACE CARD.

Interesting how Progressives accuse others of being racists, bigots and hate mongers.

At the same time, it is THEY who pride themselves on separating all minorities into carefully constructed pigeon holes. They then proceed to promulgate a plan to pander to each group and offer them enticements and handouts tailored to them specifically. Be they increases in entitlements, affirmative action, higher quotas, lowering of standards or any number of benefits.

In this way, they create a dependency among their chosen minorities on themselves, who they themselves perceive as the ELITES. The ELITES view themselves as being so superior that it is their responsibility in life to make decisions for those they consider inferior to themselves. In this way they convince these pigeon holed minorities that without them, they could not exist, that they are incapable of being responsible for themselves and must depend entirely on the benevolent Democrats.

This is simply replacing the old Southern Plantation Slave Master with GOVERNMENT and the Slaves with any minority group. In this way they are also able to continue to reward bad behavior and punish any good behavior. Liberals tell themselves that their INTENTIONS ARE GOOD, but the results are insulting, immoral and shameful.

Georgia republican senator openly doubles down on racist remarks.  What year is it again? ObamaRaceCardCartoon

by boards of FL Today at 11:46 am

---------
This is pretty weak boards....
That's always your response lately to anyone who disagrees with
You.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:I'm actually registered as an independent as well.  That said, I don't deny at all that I support democrats.  They're clearly the lesser of two evils right now.  And it isn't even close.

Yes, Progressives have done so well since January 2009, have they not?

Georgia republican senator openly doubles down on racist remarks.  What year is it again? AnimatedDogLaughing

by boards of FL Today at 3:53 pm
I'm actually registered as an independent as well.
-------
And probably a registered communist .

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:And, it's so cute when they pretend to be "independents".

You mean like the Democrats are abandoning semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama, our leading racist?

Georgia republican senator openly doubles down on racist remarks.  What year is it again? Sharpton20obama

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:When my dear Progressive friends have no way possible to defend the massive failure of this administration...they pull out the RACE CARD.

Actually, I'm happy to talk about the success of the Obama administration.

- Almost 6,000,000 private sector jobs have been added to the economy

- GDP is currently growing at 4.2% annualized

- Bin Laden is dead

- Al Shabab is dead

- Syria's chemical weapons have now been destroyed without the need of a costly war or occupation

- The percentage of Americans without health insurance has fallen sharply due to the passage of the ACA

- etc...

boards of FL

boards of FL

A question for the GOP supporters in this thread: Should Fran Millar step down from his position due to his overtly racist remarks?

Or even better: Do you feel Fran Millar's remarks are overtly racist?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum