Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eleven US Politicians who made Racist Remarks:

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The source is ATT-Yahoo.com news; from a Bill Maher comment about Cliven Bundy, and republicans associating themselves with known racists.

Here are the democrats who have made overt racist statements:

Harry Truman, President
Robert Byrd, D, W. Va
Harry Reid, D, Sen. Nevada

And here are the republicans:

Joe Maturo, R, Mayor, East Haven, Conn.
Larry Taylor, R. State sen., Texas
Richard Nixon, R. President
Jake Knotts, R. So. Caro. State Sen.
Ralph Arza, R. Fl. St. Sen.
George Allen, R. Sen. Va.
John McCain, R.  Sen Az.
Rick Santorum, R. Former Sen. Pa.

Source:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/26/bill-maher-cliven-bundy_n_5218439.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

It's unlikely this list is complete.  American racism is far more prevalent than suggested here.  African-Americans, Hispanics, Jews, Poles, Italians, Catholics, gays, union organizers, the unemployed, scientists, women's rights leaders and everyone who gets food stamps or welfare aid, have all felt the bite.  

In the "greatest country ever" mutual respect for different skin colors, religious affiliations, or points of view is as abysmally absent now as it was at the time of the so-called founding fathers -- who, created a government expressly for white men who owned property.  In other words, we're a country created by the white protestant rich, for the rich and of the rich.

American racism is the most destructive social element in our country today.  And so far, it looks like the republicans have taken absolute leadership of this malevolent political force.

You have the mainstream republican party (Jeb Bush, Chris Christy, Mitt Romney, et al.) vs. the Tea Party, the Evangelical Christian Leadership, and the Dixiecrats.  It's a circle-jerk of utter chaotic dysfunction, filled to the brim with various forms of racism.

The truth is, it's almost impossible to avoid some form of racism in our country today.  And its at the top of the list why we are failing in almost every major catagory -- economic, international politics, educationally, and in cutting the costs of healthcare and making it accessible to all Americans.

Why can't we all just get along?

Reality.

Last edited by Wordslinger on 4/27/2014, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Jesus)

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You missed one of the Biggest Racist presidents of all..Abe Lincoln:

As cited in "The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln," Roy Basler, ed. 1953 New Brunswick, N.J.: Rutgers University Press Abraham Lincoln said: "I will say, then, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races -- that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You missed one of the Biggest Racist presidents of all..Abe Lincoln:

As cited in "The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln," Roy Basler, ed. 1953 New Brunswick, N.J.: Rutgers University Press Abraham Lincoln said: "I will say, then, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races -- that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."

I'm lost -- does this mean you adore or hate Lincoln? Besides, despite whatever he said prior to signing the Emancipation Proclamation doesn't matter a whit.

The facts are, Lincoln ended slavery -- whether he really liked African Americans or not.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:You missed one of the Biggest Racist presidents of all..Abe Lincoln:

I'm lost -- does this mean you adore or hate Lincoln?  Besides, despite whatever he said prior to signing the Emancipation Proclamation doesn't matter a whit.

The facts are, Lincoln ended slavery -- whether he really liked African Americans or not.

I see in this case ignore the facts...

Reality

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

I'm lost -- does this mean you adore or hate Lincoln?  Besides, despite whatever he said prior to signing the Emancipation Proclamation doesn't matter a whit.

Reality

OK you've succeeded in confusing us. Just which facts do you think we're ignoring? Are you disputing that Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation? And nobody here has yet disputed your quote that showed that Lincoln was at one time a racist. Here's something you rednecks really need to learn -- people grow. George Washington was a self-seeking, arrogant rich guy who cared less about freedom and the plight of the "average" American pioneer. But after he became president (and was still among the richest men in the former British colony) he no longer had to care about not being socially accepted by British leaders because he had no "royal" relations, and he really became vitally interested in making America work for everyone. He was a rich prick in the beginning who eventually became a socially conscious American leader.

Lincoln also traveled a road of discovery.

Now bigmouth, just what "facts" have we ignored in our comment to your remarks showing Lincoln was a racist?

And by the way, wasn't Lincoln a republican?

My dad was a Jew. He worked on a movie starring John Wayne -- a white supremacist who vocally expressed his distaste for anyone not a white protestant. The film took a year to finish. At the end of it, Duke and Kiva were very good friends.

People change -- even racists. The truth is, racism is based on ignorance and suspicion. O'Reilly himself was dumbfounded to discover that the people in a black New York neighborhood restaurant behaved just like the white folks across town.

People like O'Reilly and Sean Hannity feed off of pumping up the hatred and fears of people who feel threatened by anyone who doesn't think the way they do, on everything. It's the same trough that feeds Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, and even Charles Krauthammer.

Reality.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Reality

OK you've succeeded in confusing us.  Just which facts do you think we're ignoring?  Are you disputing that Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation?  And nobody here has yet disputed your quote that showed that Lincoln was at one time a racist.  Here's something you rednecks really need to learn -- people grow.  George Washington was a self-seeking, arrogant rich guy who cared less about freedom and the plight of the "average" American pioneer.  But after he became president (and was still among the richest men in the former British colony) he no longer had to care about not being socially accepted by British leaders because he had no "royal" relations, and he really became vitally interested in making America work for everyone.  He was a rich prick in the beginning who eventually became a socially conscious American leader.

Now bigmouth, just what "facts" have we ignored in our comment to your remarks showing Lincoln was a racist?

My dad was a Jew.  He worked on a movie starring John Wayne -- a white supremacist who vocally expressed his distaste for anyone not a white protestant.  The film took a year to finish.  At the end of it, Duke and Kiva were very good friends.

People change -- even racists.  The truth is, racism is based on ignorance and suspicion.  O'Reilly himself was dumbfounded to discover that the people in a black New York neighborhood restaurant behaved just like the white folks across town.

People like O'Reilly and Sean Hannity feed off of pumping up the hatred and fears of people who feel threatened by anyone who doesn't think the way they do, on everything.  It's the same trough that feeds Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, and even Charles Krauthammer.

Reality.

Racism is a tool for both sides to use however it profits them...Bundy's  a racist so now we can drone him to death and nobody will care...Yet 2 black guys ready to die protecting Bundy say he isn't but MSM is whiping up the usual dull crowd...sad

The british and french and spreading through europe and me into north africa had been abolishing slavery over the couple of decades preceding our civil war peacefully. There weren't the divides and scars we were left with either... that's the reality.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Reality

OK you've succeeded in confusing us.  Just which facts do you think we're ignoring?  Are you disputing that Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation?  And nobody here has yet disputed your quote that showed that Lincoln was at one time a racist.  Here's something you rednecks really need to learn -- people grow.  George Washington was a self-seeking, arrogant rich guy who cared less about freedom and the plight of the "average" American pioneer.  But after he became president (and was still among the richest men in the former British colony) he no longer had to care about not being socially accepted by British leaders because he had no "royal" relations, and he really became vitally interested in making America work for everyone.  He was a rich prick in the beginning who eventually became a socially conscious American leader.

My dad was a Jew.  He worked on a movie starring John Wayne -- a white supremacist who vocally expressed his distaste for anyone not a white protestant.  The film took a year to finish.  At the end of it, Duke and Kiva were very good friends.

People change -- even racists.  The truth is, racism is based on ignorance and suspicion.  O'Reilly himself was dumbfounded to discover that the people in a black New York neighborhood restaurant behaved just like the white folks across town.

People like O'Reilly and Sean Hannity feed off of pumping up the hatred and fears of people who feel threatened by anyone who doesn't think the way they do, on everything.  It's the same trough that feeds Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, and even Charles Krauthammer.

Reality.

Racism is a tool for both sides to use however it profits them...Bundy's  a racist so now we can drone him to death and nobody will care...Yet 2 black guys ready to die protecting Bundy say he isn't but MSM is whiping up the usual dull crowd...sad

To tell you the truth, once you have Bundy's own racist words praising slavery's positive effect on black families, the words of two Black Americans about Bundy's racism are irrelevant. The issue is Bundy's own statement, not how anyone else, black or white, perceives the man.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Reality

Reality.

To tell you the truth, once you have Bundy's own racist words praising slavery's positive effect on black families, the words of two Black Americans about Bundy's racism are irrelevant.  The issue is Bundy's own statement, not how anyone else, black or white, perceives the man.

That wasn't what he said and you know it but your distortion of it serves your purpose well...I think it is quite obvious just as your black soldier was bonded with a white soldier due to a common enemy, slavery but mostly the after effects of it drove black people together. With evil racist democrats like the KKK tormenting them.. They had a common enemy and if wasn't for the NRA forming to teach Black people to shoot and protect themselves how many more would have died....yes welfare did what Jim Crow and democrat violence couldn't do ..destroyed the black family unit.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Reality

Reality.

To tell you the truth, once you have Bundy's own racist words praising slavery's positive effect on black families, the words of two Black Americans about Bundy's racism are irrelevant.  The issue is Bundy's own statement, not how anyone else, black or white, perceives the man.

That wasn't what he said and you know it but your distortion of it serves your purpose well...I think it is quite obvious just as your black soldier was bonded with a white soldier due to a common enemy, slavery but mostly the after effects of it drove black people together. With evil racist democrats like the KKK tormenting them.. They had a common enemy and if wasn't for the NRA forming to teach Black people to shoot and protect themselves how many more would have died....yes welfare did what Jim Crow and democrat violence couldn't do ..destroyed the black family unit.

[b][b]Bundy believes that African American families were more cohesive under slavery than now, with them all on welfare.  And that's exactly what he meant in his recorded response on the subject.  What Bundy, and Paula Dean choose to ignore, is that African American slave families were often broken apart when their owners sold them away.  Reality.

As for your inane, misinformed and altogether stupid comment that African Americans were driven together by slavery, as though being a slave was a positive thing, is so patently absurd it really doesn't deserve a reply, still, I can't resist the opportunity to bury your redneck ass again:

Black Africans were captured in Africa by commercial slavers and shipped in chains to the New World, where they were sold to mostly southern white businessmen who figured to exploit them for their labor.

Did this "drive" the blacks together?  Did they have any other choices available?  Did you actually graduate from high school?  If so, please name the school so most of us can make sure our kids don't go there!
[/b][/b]

Last edited by Wordslinger on 4/27/2014, 8:36 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Jesus's sister Shakira)

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:The source is ATT-Yahoo.com news; from a Bill Maher comment about Cliven Bundy, and republicans associating themselves with known racists.

Harry Truman, President
Robert Byrd, D, W. Va

John McCain, R.  Sen Az.

Source:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/26/bill-maher-cliven-bundy_n_5218439.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

It's unlikely this list is complete.  American racism is far more prevalent than suggested here.  African-Americans, Hispanics, Jews, Poles, Italians, Catholics, gays, union organizers, the unemployed, scientists, women's rights leaders and everyone who gets food stamps or welfare aid, have all felt the bite.  

In the "greatest country ever" mutual respect for different skin colors, religious affiliations, or points of view is as abysmally absent now as it was at the time of the so-called founding fathers -- who, created a government expressly for white men who owned property.  In other words, we're a country created by the white protestant rich, for the rich and of the rich.

American racism is the most destructive social element in our country today.  And so far, it looks like the republicans have taken absolute leadership of this malevolent political force.

You have the mainstream republican party (Jeb Bush, Chris Christy, Mitt Romney, et al.) vs. the Tea Party, the Evangelical Christian Leadership, and the Dixiecrats.  It's a circle-jerk of utter chaotic dysfunction, filled to the brim with various forms of racism.

The truth is, it's almost impossible to avoid some form of racism in our country today.  And its at the top of the list why we are failing in almost every major catagory -- economic, international politics, educationally, and in cutting the costs of healthcare and making it accessible to all Americans.

Reality.

Has to be in competition for on of the top three foolish posts from my good friend Wordslinger.

You must be really slowing down. Hope the medication is helping.

No War is a type of slavery it drives people together so as bad as war and slavery is it unites people in common cause for the purpose of survival . You can't see that then open your mind.  If we were attacked by aliens from another 
Planet and they began enslavement it would remove all racial consideration in all countries because we have a common enemy.  This is Teo sock I am to lazy to switch my iPhone over.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:The source is ATT-Yahoo.com news; from a Bill Maher comment about Cliven Bundy, and republicans associating themselves with known racists.

Harry Truman, President
Robert Byrd, D, W. Va

John McCain, R.  Sen Az.

Reality.

Has to be in competition for on of the top three foolish posts from my good friend Wordslinger.

You must be really slowing down.  Hope the medication is helping.

I'm truly grateful for your kind concern about my health.  Obviously you think racism is good for Amerika.  Well, you have every right to your fascist opinions Her Markle.  That's why this forum exists ... relax.  You'll get a victory sooner or later ... just keep trying.

Markle

Markle

Harry Truman, President
Robert Byrd, D, W. Va

John McCain, R.  Sen Az.

Reality.

You left these out for some reason.  Where would they be without racism?

President Barack Hussein Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Rev. Al Sharpton, Minister Louis Farrakhan, Father Pflager, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr., Rev. Jesse Jackson, Jr., King Samir Shabazz, Van Jones, Charlie Rangel, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, Andre Carson, Shirley Sherrod….

Eleven US Politicians who made Racist Remarks: JesseJacksonRacism_zpsb37f1d21

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Harry Truman, President
Robert Byrd, D, W. Va

John McCain, R.  Sen Az.

Reality.

You left these out for some reason.  Where would they be without racism?

President Barack Hussein Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Rev. Al Sharpton, Minister Louis Farrakhan, Father Pflager, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr., Rev. Jesse Jackson, Jr., King Samir Shabazz, Van Jones, Charlie Rangel, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, Andre Carson, Shirley Sherrod….

Eleven US Politicians who made Racist Remarks: JesseJacksonRacism_zpsb37f1d21

How utterly ridiculous and out of touch with reality you are Herr Markle! Most of the names you cite above are African Americans who represent the victims of racism, not the perpetrators. And without white racism, most all of them would be millionaire heads of universities, banks, investment firms, directors of health insurance companies, and/or Baptist preachers.

Let's not forget LBJ and his words of wisdom:

“I’ll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One -

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”—LBJ

Liberals..... You guys are all lip service

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Liberals..... You guys are all lip service

That's interesting ... you brought up Lincoln's racist statements, yet it was he who issued the Emancipation Proclamation which ended slavery in the U.S.

Then you bring up an alleged statement by Lyndon Johnson that shows he was a racist, yet it was he who pushed through the civil rights legislation that ended segregation, etc.

Since you obviously know so much about the subject, maybe you could point out which racist republicans ended up achieving remarkable strides for equality for African Americans ...

Civil Rights Act 1964

House of Representatives:
Democrats for: 152
Democrats against: 96
Republicans for: 138
Republicans against: 34

Senate:
Democrats for: 46
Democrats against: 21
Republicans for: 27
Republicans against: 6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

Johnson, who wanted the bill passed as soon as possible, ensured that the bill would be quickly considered by the Senate. Normally, the bill would have been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, chaired by Senator James O. Eastland, Democrat from Mississippi. Given Eastland's firm opposition, it seemed impossible that the bill would reach the Senate floor. Senate Majority Leader Mike Mansfield took a novel approach to prevent the bill from being relegated to Judiciary Committee limbo. Having initially waived a second reading of the bill, which would have led to it being immediately referred to Judiciary, Mansfield gave the bill a second reading on February 26, 1964, and then proposed, in the absence of precedent for instances when a second reading did not immediately follow the first, that the bill bypass the Judiciary Committee and immediately be sent to the Senate floor for debate.

When the bill came before the full Senate for debate on March 30, 1964, the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage. [13] Said Russell: "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our (Southern) states." [14]

The most fervent opposition to the bill came from Senator Strom Thurmond (D-SC): "This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary, unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress." [15]

After 54 days of filibuster, Senators Everett Dirksen (R-IL), Thomas Kuchel (R-CA), Hubert Humphrey (D-MN), and Mike Mansfield (D-MT) introduced a substitute bill that they hoped would attract enough Republican swing votes to end the filibuster. The compromise bill was weaker than the House version in regard to government power to regulate the conduct of private business, but it was not so weak as to cause the House to reconsider the legislation. [16]

On the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) completed a filibustering address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier opposing the legislation. Until then, the measure had occupied the Senate for 57 working days, including six Saturdays. A day earlier, Democratic Whip Hubert Humphrey of Minnesota, the bill's manager, concluded he had the 67 votes required at that time to end the debate and end the filibuster. With six wavering senators providing a four-vote victory margin, the final tally stood at 71 to 29. Never in history had the Senate been able to muster enough votes to cut off a filibuster on a civil rights bill. And only once in the 37 years since 1927 had it agreed to cloture for any measure. [17]

On June 19, the substitute (compromise) bill passed the Senate by a vote of 73–27, and quickly passed through the House-Senate conference committee, which adopted the Senate version of the bill. The conference bill was passed by both houses of Congress, and was signed into law by President Johnson on July 2, 1964.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum