Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For raising the minimum wage? Let'm know!

+3
Markle
othershoe1030
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:Come on Progressives, how many households are dependent on one minimum wage income?

How much is someone worth to an employer if they cannot spell, cannot do simple arithmetic, have not graduated from high school, have no work ethic and no skills?

Come on Progressives, show us all what you've got!

What is the typical income of a household where at least one worker is earning minimum wage?

Come on now, step up or people are going to know how uninformed you are!

Okay, we understand you hate immigrants.  But your idea that most of the people receiving minimum wages are foreignors who don't speak English or have any job skills is as absurd as your advocating that big American companies should keep their profits over seas instead of paying taxes that would cut the deficit.  Again, I hate Amerika Inc.  and you hate american workers.  Reality!!!

Here is my exact post. Why would you lie.
How much is someone worth to an employer if they cannot spell, cannot do simple arithmetic, have not graduated from high school, have no work ethic and no skills?

I guess lying is just second nature to you. Is it not?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I spoke the truth.  You cannot slander when you speak the truth.   A monkey can get a sales license.   If you are a pretty blonde with a big pink car and signs all over which say......I never finished high school......I never went to college.......I do not know anything.......but I can tell you that the kitchen is beautiful, and it has a new roof........and I get paid for this.

About 10% of real estate professionals are intelligent, and when one talks about changing the laws to allow house showing by minimal wage folks, open houses, the squeal from the monopoly is too funny.  Give me a minimum wage house sitter, and a good real estate attorney, and eliminate the billions wasted on folks who barely can write a sentence, and maybe we can quit this illusion that for those billions there is any service connected to the same.  Now Mr. Markle is obviously part of the 10%, but he has admitted teaching these minimum wage qualified folks so he must know what I am talking about.....dumbest profession next to barbers and hairdressers who at least are good with rumors.

You couldn't pass the state sales-associate license given 10 questions free. Of those who pass the 63 hour pre-license class room exam, 45% pass the state exam on their first try. The percentage drops among those who re-take the exam.

You're quite a joke. You're far to much of an amateur to get under my skin. I've been gone at by pros. That's why you and your comrade Wordslinger have to shout so much, you're both from the minors.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:BTW, I think the dumbest profession is not having one.  Razz

Profound......sure you do not have a real estate license.   I remember taking my broker test.  I am at a university where they had a packed hall full of people all uptight about the test.  It was about 1983 and it had about a hundred multiple choice and about 15 closing workout questions where you had to answer number questions on a closing.
  You were given 2 hours to take the test.  I get to the fifty minute mark of the test and am I first to stand up in this crowed lecture hall at the University, and the person sitting next to me as I am getting up......"are you giving up".......no, I am done.......his response was......."oh chit".......about the easiest test I had every taken as I cruised through the multiple choice and when it came to the work out you could answer 10 of the 15 questions in your head in about five minutes.  The other five questions would take about a half hour to go through silly gymnastics.......I picked the most logical and got up knowing that I probably was 90% or higher.

Now in one business I own I had to take a test for the Department of Public Health.  It was for a waste hauling license.  You know the guys that drive the pumper trucks full of chit.....well they need to take a test to get a license from the department of public health.  Now that was a hard test.  It had chemistry, math, and more complex calculations than my broker's test.  I can say this without hesitation that the person pumping out a porta john in most cases is usually smarter than most people who possess a real estate license.   I called the head of the Public health department and complained that I had passed the test, but the test was unfair because most of the questions dealt with land application when most waste haulers take the waste to municipal sewer facilities and do not apply it to the land.  I saw people not getting work who were intelligent and hard working because of a flawed test, and in another profession a trained monkey could pass the test as their incompetence flooded the market in the 80s90s and early 2000s........Oh a sidenote.......the Public Health folks created a bifurcated license, and those who did land treatment took the more difficult test and those who were basically pumpers took a reasonable test......a good day for the good guys.......and I am the only one on this forum who has a license to BS.

So you took the a test, in some state, 30 years ago. Could not have been Florida because you had to have an active sale-associates license for at least a year before you could take the brokers course.

Always good to see you boasting of your ignorance.

2seaoat wrote:BTW, I think the dumbest profession is not having one.  Razz

Profound......sure you do not have a real estate license.   and I am the only one on this forum who has a license to BS.

I don't have a real-estate license. I do have a license that I had to sit for 3 very long test that went on for 2 days.

Anywho, I guess you did not get what I meant in the quote you posted above. You made a jab at markle, a little bit of a below the belt which is totally off topic. Ive seen those tactics here a lot.

However, if you have a license to BS, this must mean you are a attorney and most likely a politician LOL

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:For raising the minimum wage?  Let'm know! - Page 2 Peoplewhoworkforaliving

Herr Markle blushes at the thought of millions of Americans earning minimum wages at part time jobs, and forced to take foodstamps to get by.

Like many thousands of workers for Walmart
--
one of the Robber Barons Herr Markle works for ...

Whose fault is it that Walmart EMPLOYES millions of workers who have no skills?  If they had marketable skills, wouldn't they work elsewhere?  Or might they be working up the management ladder at Walmart?

Has the number of part time workers not grown massively since President Barack Hussein Obama took office?

Last edited by Markle on 5/12/2014, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

So you took the a test, in some state, 30 years ago. Could not have been Florida because you had to have an active sale-associates license for at least a year before you could take the brokers course.

You are really clueless........a monkey could pass the test.....if only 45% are passing, then I guess they did not get enough monkeys......I still have my brokers license......think real hard.....you may figure it out. Also, I am not trying to get under your skin. My son is a licensed sales person, and he shares my laughter on the quality of people who are in real estate. Again the top 10% and those who do mostly commercial......yea there is some quality which have skills above minimum wage. If you think I am full of chit, you really are not that smart. I have argued for years that all showings should be done by unlicensed people, and that the market should be for sale by owner with fewer higher licensed people, minimum wage house showings, and quality real estate lawyers working with title companies sharing a database platform. Transactional costs could be lowered in half, and instead of pouring societies money down the rabbit hole of an entrenched monopoly which is extremely inefficient, title compaines will eventually have a vertical integrated platform and we need to pay minimal wage folks minimal wage.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:So you took the a test, in some state, 30 years ago. Could not have been Florida because you had to have an active sale-associates license for at least a year before you could take the brokers course.

You are really clueless........a monkey could pass the test.....if only 45% are passing, then I guess they did not get enough monkeys......I still have my brokers license......think real hard.....you may figure it out.  Also, I am not trying to get under your skin.  My son is a licensed sales person, and he shares my laughter on the quality of people who are in real estate.  Again the top 10% and those who do mostly commercial......yea there is some quality which have skills above minimum wage.  If you think I am full of chit, you really are not that smart.  I have argued for years that all showings should be done by unlicensed people, and that the market should be for sale by owner with fewer higher licensed people, minimum wage house showings, and quality real estate lawyers working with title companies sharing a database platform.  Transactional costs could be lowered in half, and instead of pouring societies money down the rabbit hole of an entrenched monopoly which is extremely inefficient, title compaines will eventually have a vertical integrated platform and we need to pay minimal wage folks minimal wage.

You're welcome to sell you own home anywhere in the country. Not everyone is as knowledgeable as you about real estate and DO NOT WISH to take on a part time job.
2seaoat wrote:So you took the a test, in some state, 30 years ago. Could not have been Florida because you had to have an active sale-associates license for at least a year before you could take the brokers course.

You are really clueless........a monkey could pass the test.....if only 45% are passing, then I guess they did not get enough monkeys......I still have my brokers license......think real hard.....you may figure it out. Also, I am not trying to get under your skin. My son is a licensed sales person, and he shares my laughter on the quality of people who are in real estate. Again the top 10% and those who do mostly commercial......yea there is some quality which have skills above minimum wage. If you think I am full of chit, you really are not that smart. I have argued for years that all showings should be done by unlicensed people, and that the market should be for sale by owner with fewer higher licensed people, minimum wage house showings, and quality real estate lawyers working with title companies sharing a database platform. Transactional costs could be lowered in half, and instead of pouring societies money down the rabbit hole of an entrenched monopoly which is extremely inefficient, title compaines will eventually have a vertical integrated platform and we need to pay minimal wage folks minimal wage.

You're entitled to sell your own home anywhere in the country. Not everyone is as...knowledgeable as you about real estate nor do they want to take on a part time job.

Good to know you think nothing has changed in 30 years. You're one of the ones who need to be weeded out. You'd be dangerous.

2seaoat

Evidently I need to teach the teachers..........my license is current....is yours?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Evidently I need to teach the teachers..........my license is current....is yours?

Come on Progressives, how many households are dependent on one minimum wage income?

What is the typical income of a household where at least one worker is earning minimum wage?

2seaoat

Label me anyway you want. I want over the next 10 years the minimum wage to grow to the 1968 level adjusted for inflation. I do not want it to be done in a year, but over a decade. A gradual and economically certain increase in increments will put value on labor and shift our policies from a capital preference back to the labor of the American middle class.

Mr. Markle you go answer your own questions, because I worked my way through college on mostly minimum wage jobs....and I did that easily beginning my work in 1966 at 15. When a young American kid can do the same, we will restore our middle class. All your nonsense does not change a thing. We allow capital to exploit Americans like the British did the same and we fought a revolution. We do not need a revolution to fix America. We need to elect common sense Republicans and Democrats who care about a middle class and a kid being able to work minimum wage jobs and earn a college degree.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Label me anyway you want.   I want over the next 10 years the minimum wage to grow to the 1968 level adjusted for inflation.  I do not want it to be done in a year, but over a decade.   A gradual and economically certain increase in increments will put value on labor and shift our policies from a capital preference back to the labor of the American middle class.

Mr. Markle you go answer your own questions, because I worked my way through college on mostly minimum wage jobs....and I did that easily beginning my work in 1966 at 15.  When a young American kid can do the same, we will restore our middle class.  All your nonsense does not change a thing.  We allow capital to exploit Americans like the British did the same and we fought a revolution.  We do not need a revolution to fix America.  We need to elect common sense Republicans and Democrats who care about a middle class and a kid being able to work minimum wage jobs and earn a college degree.

For raising the minimum wage?  Let'm know! - Page 2 Yada_yada_yada_
You won't and are afraid to answer these simple questions.  Why?

Come on Progressives, how many households are dependent on one minimum wage income?

2seaoat

So you think I am uninformed.......because I do not want to waste time on the irrelevant. I guess you could think that, but I doubt even you believe I am uniformed. When the minimum wage returns to its prior standard adjusted for inflation, and when the tax rates return to 1985 levels, and when the median income after plummeting since the Reagan trickle down economics begins to rise again, I will not waste on second on chasing my tail to justify a failed economic experiment. We have lost 60k factories, and we have lost millions of jobs, and now as we begin the path to recovery we need minimum wage adjustment, we need return to sane tax rates, and we need emphasis on the median income in American Politics, and to do that we need to elect American politicians who can achieve those goals. So Mr. Markle do you agree with the goals, because if you do not why would I chase my tail for your goals which favor consolidated wealth, decimation of the American middle class, preferential treatment to big oil, gas ,and coal, and continued exorbitant military spending. I will see the minimum wage rise in my lifetime....and I do not have much time......bet on it......so chase your own tail or admit your goals.

Why don't we just add a zero behind every whole number and call it good? There... everybody happy now?

2seaoat

Why don't we just add a zero behind every whole number and call it good? There... everybody happy now?

Sorry, a gradual targeted increase of the minimum wage will not be even handed addition of a zero. It will cause layoffs, it will change the condition in many Americans lives while increasing demand, and finally we will see inflation unless the implementation is slow and steady.

At Wal Mart facing thirty percent increases in the labor side of their business plan will result in higher prices, fewer employees, and less profit for Wal Mart.

It is not as simple as putting a zero in place, and those with capital understand the threat and accordingly their shills are working overtime.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Come on now, step up or people are going to know how uninformed you are!

So you think I am uninformed.......because I do not want to waste time on the irrelevant.  I guess you could think that, but I doubt even you believe I am uniformed.   When the minimum wage returns to its prior standard adjusted for inflation, and when the tax rates return to 1985 levels, and when the median income after plummeting since the Reagan trickle down economics begins to rise again, I will not waste on second on chasing my tail to justify a failed economic experiment.   We have lost 60k factories, and we have lost millions of jobs, and now as we begin the path to recovery we need minimum wage adjustment, we need return to sane tax rates, and we need emphasis on the median income in American Politics, and to do that we need to elect American politicians who can achieve those goals.   So Mr. Markle do you agree with the goals, because if you do not why would I chase my tail for your goals which favor consolidated wealth, decimation of the American middle class, preferential treatment to big oil, gas ,and coal, and continued exorbitant military spending.   I will see the minimum wage rise in my lifetime....and I do not have much time......bet on it......so chase your own tail or admit your goals.

You won't and are afraid to answer these simple questions. Why?

2seaoat

You won't and are afraid to answer these simple questions. Why?

Here is a clue. You answer the questions and tell us their relevancy, and then maybe somebody will discuss the same. However, we have all been on your irrelevant wild goose hunts......so answer your questions and convince us the wise relevance of those same questions. Now you will not run away from something you already have the answers, but it is obvious you are afraid to discuss the same without this silly smoke screen. Answer your questions and tell us why they are relevant if you dare.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Why don't we just add a zero behind every whole number and call it good? There... everybody happy now?

Sorry, a gradual targeted increase of the minimum wage will not be even handed addition of a zero.  It will cause layoffs, it will change the condition in many Americans lives while increasing demand, and finally we will see inflation unless the implementation is slow and steady.

At Wal Mart facing thirty percent increases in the labor side of their business plan will result in higher prices, fewer employees, and less profit for Wal Mart.

It is not as simple as putting a zero in place, and those with capital understand the threat and accordingly their shills are working overtime.

Since the Minimum wage has been raised many, many times. IF it is an effective tool for supposedly raising people out of poverty, AS WAS THE WAR ON POVERTY in 1966 why has it NOT WORKED in FIFTY YEARS?

For raising the minimum wage?  Let'm know! - Page 2 1959-2012Poverty

For raising the minimum wage?  Let'm know! - Page 2 064b791e-6656-415d-adcd-39c3c47fc70e_zpsf9532748

For raising the minimum wage?  Let'm know! - Page 2 Labor-participation-rate132014jpg_zps428997ec

2seaoat

Your legitimate graph proves you wrong. From 1965 to 1980 poverty rates were greatly reduced and in fact the programs worked very well. It was the corresponding change in the tax rates, cutting of programs which assisted people leaving poverty, and no real dollar increases in the minimum wage that started the steady climb in the rate of poverty in this country after the success of the mid 1960 programs to reduce poverty.

Looks like to me the war on poverty has flopped. But on the bright side, it has managed to capture a whole bunch of people and trap them in poverty making them really good democrat voters.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Your legitimate graph proves you wrong.  From 1965 to 1980 poverty rates were greatly reduced and in fact the programs worked very well.  It was the corresponding change in the tax rates, cutting of programs which assisted people leaving poverty, and no real dollar increases in the minimum wage that started the steady climb in the rate of poverty in this country after the success of the mid 1960 programs to reduce poverty.

As you are wont to ignore, the Poverty Rate was plunging from 1959. We continued to have raises in the minimum wage and still we have 15% living below the poverty rate.

2seaoat

As you are wont to ignore, the Poverty Rate was plunging from 1959. We continued to have raises in the minimum wage and still we have 15% living below the poverty rate.

The greatest drop in poverty in American history was a direct result of the war on Poverty. Try to spin it any way you want, there is little doubt of the success of the same until it was dismantled and poverty rates once again began to rise. Thank you for the graphs which back up the same. There also are articles which confirm your graphs and I thought you would post the same as you are being very helpful tonight.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:As you are wont to ignore, the Poverty Rate was plunging from 1959. We continued to have raises in the minimum wage and still we have 15% living below the poverty rate.

The greatest drop in poverty in American history was a direct result of the war on Poverty.
 Try to spin it any way you want, there is little doubt of the success of the same until it was dismantled and poverty rates once again began to rise.  Thank you for the graphs which back up the same.  There also are articles which confirm your graphs and I thought you would post the same as you are being very helpful tonight.

How was there a drop in the poverty rate when it was already down to 15%
before it was even signed into law? It is exactly the same rate today, or higher, and how many increases have we had in the minimum wage?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Doing his level best to be shrewd and misleading, Herr Markle, our resident Nazi, asks: "How much is someone worth to an employer if they cannot spell, cannot do simple arithmetic, have not graduated from high school, have no work ethic and no skills?

What a silly, stupid question!  Are employer's forced to hire such a person?  Of course not.

But still, the person described by Herr Markle, our resident Nazi, and friend of Robber Barons, plays a significant role at exploitative factories like Markle's close friends at poultry processing factories like those run by Tyson's, or by huge agricultural corporations who violate labor laws and openly hire illegal aliens.  These blood suckers pay millions to attorneys to "handle" any infractions they are faced with when caught.  And even when ICE raids and takes away hundreds of workers, these bloodsucking companies shrug it off and hire hundreds more.

The subject of this thread is raising the minimum wage, which, of course, Herr Markle opposes.  Question:  just what percent of the workforce is truly represented by someone who "cannot spell, cannot do simple arithmetic, have not graduated from high school, have no work ethic and no skills?"  

C'mon Herr Markle, defend yourself you pathetic Nazi.  We're all waiting.

Reality!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:For raising the minimum wage?  Let'm know! - Page 2 Peoplewhoworkforaliving

Just what is the point of this poster Herr Markle loves so much?  Just who is being referred to by the phrase:  "Overwhelmed by people who vote for a living?" which attends the image of a person sitting on a stoop and swigging from a bottle?  Just who in this country "votes for a living?"  Tell us Herr Markle, exactly who the person who "votes for a living" is.

Are you suggesting that unemployed Americans shouldn't be allowed to vote?

But, that's a silly question to ask a Nazi! Surely Herr Markle wants us to go back to our wonderful American roots -- back when our so-called "forefathers" created a government for the rich, by the rich and of the rich. You know, back when you had to be white and own property to vote.

C'mon you pathetic Nazi wimp, defend yourself. We're all waiting.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Herr Markle turns and runs when he's trapped by reality. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum