Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Raising the Minimum Wage is a Jobs Killer ...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

... not ...

State-by-state hiring data released Friday by the Labor Department reveal that in the 13 states that boosted minimum wages at the beginning of this year, the number of jobs grew an average of 0.85 percent from January to June. The average in the other 37 states was 0.61 percent, the Associated Press reports.

http://time.com/3007429/minimum-wage-job-growth-states/

dumpcare

I posted a study a month or so back and it clearly shows that businesses that raise the minimum wage makes for a happier work place and therefore more customer's (because of the better attitude) and in turn they have to hire more employee's.

2seaoat

There is a price point in any market which the arbitrary raise of minimum wage can cause job loss and inflation. However, the last twenty years are so out of whack that you can mostly expect positive economic news with the minimum wage driving demand. Balance should dictate slow and steady raising of the minimum wage.

dumpcare

Of course there is, I would think $11.00 per hour is about the max at a well run company.

ppaca wrote:Of course there is, I would think $11.00 per hour is about the max at a well run company.

So you want a fries cook at McDonald's making MORE than a military member who gets put in harm's way?

$11 per hour x 2000 work hours is 22,000 plus

E-1 makes 1531 per month = just over 18,000 plus

A sterling example of idiocy.

2seaoat

The military is a paper tiger without a robust economy to support the same. The truth is we need private sector growth, and government sector shrinkage. This includes the military. The current grim private sector economy has forced many a young man to volunteer for military service. As our role in the world changes and we pay our national debt and make wise DEFENSE expenditures, the minimum wage will feed demand and growth in the GDP and will make the American economy and therefore the American military stronger. Paying more to a bureaucrat or a private in the military is just adding to our debt.......cut government, and grow the private sector as we regain a robust economy.

dumpcare

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
ppaca wrote:Of course there is, I would think $11.00 per hour is about the max at a well run company.

So you want a fries cook at McDonald's making MORE than a military member who gets put in harm's way?

Did anyone force that E-1 to join the military?

Stupid example for a teacher, that fry cook (if he/she even gets 40 hours a week) will probably never get a raise or promotion whereas your volunteer (if he's not a beetle bailey) will zoom past that fry cook within a year. Your E-1 is also building education benefits and a retirement plan if he stays in 20 years. Tell me the benefits that, probably part time fry cook will receive in 20 years if he remains a fry cook.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Did anyone force that E-1 to join the military?

Stupid example for a teacher, that fry cook (if he/she even gets 40 hours a week) will probably never get a raise or promotion whereas your volunteer (if he's not a beetle bailey) will zoom past that fry cook within a year. Your E-1 is also building education benefits and a retirement plan if he stays in 20 years. Tell me the benefits that, probably part time fry cook will receive in 20 years if he remains a fry cook.

I don't consider a fry cook position a career.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum