Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For raising the minimum wage? Let'm know!

+3
Markle
othershoe1030
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

dumpcare

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/06/08/what-will-a-higher-minimum-wage-cost-you-at-mcdona.aspx

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The hardest part of working in real estate is trying to do business with lowlife scumsuckers who'd sell their grandmothers for a commish.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

McDonald's profit margin isn't very high for their hamburger, they make their biggest profits on cold drinks.

If the minimum wage was increased to $15 an hour, the facts are, the fast food chain that offers the lowest cost burger would still win in the marketplace.

If McDonald's tried to get $10 for a Big Mac vs., say, Wendy's who might charge $8.00 for their burger, McDonald's sales would fall.

No matter what the minimum wage, the poor and lower middle classes will continue to buy burgers where the taste is acceptable and the price is lowest.

Consider also, people who were earning $7.15 an hour couldn't afford a Big Mac. At $15 an hour, they could!

Reality!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
colaguy wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I spoke the truth.  You cannot slander when you speak the truth.   A monkey can get a sales license.   If you are a pretty blonde with a big pink car and signs all over which say......I never finished high school......I never went to college.......I do not know anything.......but I can tell you that the kitchen is beautiful, and it has a new roof........and I get paid for this.

About 10% of real estate professionals are intelligent, and when one talks about changing the laws to allow house showing by minimal wage folks, open houses, the squeal from the monopoly is too funny.  Give me a minimum wage house sitter, and a good real estate attorney, and eliminate the billions wasted on folks who barely can write a sentence, and maybe we can quit this illusion that for those billions there is any service connected to the same.  Now Mr. Markle is obviously part of the 10%, but he has admitted teaching these minimum wage qualified folks so he must know what I am talking about.....dumbest profession next to barbers and hairdressers who at least are good with rumors.

Seems to me that if it's so easy to sit for a Real Estate exam, which will enable one to make a lucrative salary (commission) that's exactly what these minimum wage earners should do. Problem solved.

Good point.  The problem is that it requires long hours, much education and hard work.  

You have to be kidding! Most of the real estate agents I've had the misfortune to deal with couldn't find their asses in the dark with both hands!

Markle

Markle

Gee, if $15.00 an hour will do so much good, why no $25.00 an hour?

Still, none of my far left Progressive good friends have had the nerve, or intelligence to share with us what the typical household income is where one of the workers earns the minimum wage.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Gee, if $15.00 an hour will do so much good, why no $25.00 an hour?

Still, none of my far left Progressive good friends have had the nerve, or intelligence to share with us what the typical household income is where one of the workers earns the minimum wage.

It's hard to compute when you don't know what the other earner earns. Tell us... you must have some point but none of us know what!

2seaoat

Mr Markle poses the questions when he knows his back is to the wall and he thinks a misdirection will buy him some time......and when someone foolishly takes the time to answer his irrelevant question........crickets from Mr. Markle. The minimum wage truth is simple. It needs to be raised significantly. My problem is this idea of catching up immediately. I believe that is reckless economics.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ppaca wrote:http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/06/08/what-will-a-higher-minimum-wage-cost-you-at-mcdona.aspx

The bottom line is that a $10 minimum wage won't lead to a $5 cheeseburger at McDonald's. The increase in price would be 10% at most and more than likely any price increase would be hidden to most consumers like they have been since the minimum wage was last increased in 2009.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Mr Markle poses the questions when he knows his back is to the wall and he thinks a misdirection will buy him some time......and when someone foolishly takes the time to answer his irrelevant question........crickets from Mr. Markle.   The minimum wage truth is simple.  It needs to be raised significantly. My problem is this idea of catching up immediately.  I believe that is reckless economics.

And yet, you refuse to answer because you know it destroys your whole "feel good" failed philosophy common to all far left Progressives.  Down somewhere they KNOW that raising the minimum wage to $25.00 per hour or gradually would have the same effect.   The guy that mops up at the filling station would make $25.00 per hour.  EVERYONE above him would have their pay raised by the exact same percentage and PRESTO a loaf of bread would cost $12.50 a loaf and three gallons of gas will cost $25.00.

Engineers would earn three times more, truck drivers and all Union pay would jump 3 times what they are today, or whenever.

ALL accomplishing...nothing.

As seen below....

Since President Lyndon Baines Johnson's War on Poverty, the Minimum Wage has been increased from $1.00 to $7.25 in 20 increments.  How has that worked out?  As you well know, the Rate of Poverty when it began was 15% and it is 15% today.  Imagine!

For raising the minimum wage?  Let'm know! - Page 5 037ca3a3-fb07-49f0-8c2e-bba55398d07a_zpsdb6c4e00

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum