Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FOR TEO: This make a really good argument that Jesus was an invention of the Romans

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

I'd don't think you've read much of the Bible Dreams

FOR TEO:   This make a really good argument that Jesus was an invention of the Romans - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaTK6dbJSqYnqBFFR4VZS67YuxqJWbVXggSnIvQXten9jzyTm2JQ

Now where did Bob go?.....I was kinda' enjoying talking about life, the universe, and everything...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2ds8tCtomQ

Very Happy 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Or perhaps another way to describe it is we're all deaf people, though there might be those who can only feel the rhythm of the music, while that one special person can actually hear the music.

That could all be true.

But another scenario could also be true. The really out there scenario.

The one which says human beings may not be the most significant thing in existence. Maybe a human mind and human sensory capacity is like that of an amoeba in comparison to whatever else exists.
About the only way we can even attempt to wrap our brains around this concept is to make a comparison between us and lower forms of life.
When a school of minnows encounters a scuba diver just as one example.
The minnows have no capacity whatever to comprehend what a scuba diver is. And I think we can safely conclude that there is no such thing as a "special minnow" or a "minnow with special powers" who can communicate with the scuba diver.

It's really no stretch at all to consider that these anomalies people see in the sky are our version of "scuba divers".
The minnows do sense the presence of their scuba diver. But that's as far as the minnow can go with it. Their limited senses and intellect afford them no other capacity
Likewise, our limited senses and intellect may be affording us no capacity to go beyond sensing the presence of whatever is in the sky.
The question has been often asked "why don't those UFO's land on the white house lawn and communicate with all of us?"
The answer is, the same reason a scuba diver doesn't attempt to communicate with minnows. It would be hopelessly pointless.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But then again there may be no such thing as a UFO.
I've been absorbing UFO literature since I was a college kid.  At one point I became totally obsessed with it.  I read most every book on the topic in both the PJC (PSC) and UWF libraries.  
Until a few years ago I was always leaning toward a belief that UFO's do exist.
The number of reported sightings is overwhelming.  My take on it then was that,  if all of it was just imaginary,  that would be harder for me to accept than believing the goddamn things were real.

But over the course of the last few years,  something challenged that conclusion.   We now have half or more of the whole fucking world population carrying a camera in his/her pockets.  And we still don't have a CONVINCING photographic record of an UNIDENTIFIED flying object.  
Something's just not right with that picture.  Or more accurately,  something's just not right with that LACK of a picture.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Or perhaps another way to describe it is we're all deaf people, though there might be those who can only feel the rhythm of the music, while that one special person can actually hear the music.

That could all be true.

But another scenario could also be true.  The really out there scenario.

The one which says human beings may not be the most significant thing in existence.  Maybe a human mind and human sensory capacity is like that of an amoeba in comparison to whatever else exists.  
About the only way we can even attempt to wrap our brains around this concept is to make a comparison between us and lower forms of life.
The minnows have no capacity whatever to comprehend what a scuba diver is.  And I think we can safely conclude that there is no such thing as a "special minnow" or a "minnow with special powers" who can communicate with the scuba diver.  

It's really no stretch at all to consider that these anomalies people see in the sky are our version of "scuba divers".  
The minnows do sense the presence of their scuba diver.  But that's as far as the minnow can go with it.  Their limited senses and intellect afford them no other capacity
Likewise,  our limited senses and intellect may be affording us no capacity to go beyond sensing the presence of whatever is in the sky.
The question has been often asked "why don't those UFO's land on the white house lawn and communicate with all of us?"
The answer is,  the same reason a scuba diver doesn't attempt to communicate with minnows.  It would be hopelessly pointless.

I may be of little importance in your theory but all fish seem know when you are looking at them. I have encountered some pretty big barracuda, as long as I wasn't looking at them moved in within a couple feet of me but when I turned my head to look at them they swam away. It works with most all fish.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I may be of little importance in your theory but all fish seem know when you are looking at them. I have encountered some pretty big barracuda,  as long as I wasn't looking at them moved in within a couple feet of me but when I turned my head to look at them they swam away. It works with most all fish.

You are all-important.  And so am I and so is every human,  and so is all life on earth,  and so are the earth and sun and moon themselves.
Because the totality of all those things is all we really know about.

But,  all those things may not be significant in the context of ALL we DO NOT know about.  And my religion is based on the faith (yes,  faith just like you have) that there is likely a gargantuan, humongous, enormous, staggering, mind-bending awe-inspiring shitload of stuff in existence that,  not only do we not know about,  but likely can never know about.  Because we have  no capacity to be able to ever know it.
And that last sentence explains why I can have only faith about this,  and not knowledge.

Is all that unknowable stuff more important to us than the stuff we do know about?  Not really.  But it is fascinating.

As I said,  the minnow does sense the presence of the scuba diver.  Same as the fish is sensing your presence.  And maybe the fish does possess some instinct to move away from other creatures who want to put a steel hook through it's mouth and reel it in to hang it on the wall or eat it.  I would hope I would have that instinct if I was the fish.
But if I ever get eye to eye with the inhabitant of a "UFO" (assuming such exists),  I'm gonna be as scared shitless as that fish is when he sees you.

The point, however,  is that there is no communication with you and that fish.  And the fish has no capacity to know what you know and he never will.

Last edited by Bob on 2/6/2014, 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Quit bogarting the bong, dudes. 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh the irony.  I've told this to teo before but he probably doesn't remember it.

Teo and I have faith in what amounts to the same thing.  We just describe it differently.

Teo has faith in the story layed down in a book written 2000 years ago.  Same as Ahab the Arab has faith in the story layed down in a different book written 1500 years ago.

My faith is not directed at stories layed down in ancient books.  My faith is directed at what I refer to as the "unknowable".
But it's the same damn thing.  Teo and Ahab just think they know what it is.  lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:Oh the irony.  I've told this to teo before but he probably doesn't remember it.

Teo and I have faith in what amounts to the same thing.  We just describe it differently.

Teo has faith in the story layed down in a book written 2000 years ago.  Same as Ahab the Arab has faith in the story layed down in a different book written 1500 years ago.

My faith is not directed at stories layed down in ancient books.  My faith is directed at what I refer to as the "unknowable".
But it's the same damn thing.  Teo and Ahab just think they know what it is.  lol

Not true. I have never seen God and I don't think I know much about him. The Book says God is Love so I would like to believe that.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Quit bogarting the bong, dudes. 

Wait a minute, you're the one who's telling us a spider pig can't jump around on his web because he's a pig, and YOU'RE telling US not to bogart the bong? lol

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

That could all be true.

The one which says human beings may not be the most significant thing in existence.  Maybe a human mind and human sensory capacity is like that of an amoeba in comparison to whatever else exists.  
The minnows have no capacity whatever to comprehend what a scuba diver is.  And I think we can safely conclude that there is no such thing as a "special minnow" or a "minnow with special powers" who can communicate with the scuba diver.  

The minnows do sense the presence of their scuba diver.  But that's as far as the minnow can go with it.  Their limited senses and intellect afford them no other capacity
Likewise,  our limited senses and intellect may be affording us no capacity to go beyond sensing the presence of whatever is in the sky.
The answer is,  the same reason a scuba diver doesn't attempt to communicate with minnows.  It would be hopelessly pointless.

FOR TEO:   This make a really good argument that Jesus was an invention of the Romans - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRew4A3YzAwpddHYxP_tnS_5y8cokDa7BvYfAgs8gqCbYawenZ3lQ

That starting to make me feel humble and insignificant. What a downer. Here I thought that I was one of the...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ8lpCQbyw

Very Happy

Bob wrote:But then again there may be no such thing as a UFO.
I've been absorbing UFO literature since I was a college kid.  At one point I became totally obsessed with it.  I read most every book on the topic in both the PJC (PSC) and UWF libraries.  
Until a few years ago I was always leaning toward a belief that UFO's do exist.
The number of reported sightings is overwhelming.  My take on it then was that,  if all of it was just imaginary,  that would be harder for me to accept than believing the goddamn things were real.

But over the course of the last few years,  something challenged that conclusion.   We now have half or more of the whole fucking world population carrying a camera in his/her pockets.  And we still don't have a CONVINCING photographic record of an UNIDENTIFIED flying object.  
Something's just not right with that picture.  Or more accurately,  something's just not right with that LACK of a picture.

FOR TEO:   This make a really good argument that Jesus was an invention of the Romans - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfa6loqNE4JUOEDWI9ww7aRC_F7APGme2-cUWmoDKARYb3XzGF

Maybe because all those photographic imaging devices are controlled by memory chips that have to go through a downloading process on the internet is why there's no reliable photographic evidence?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM8lwvcKL4s

Smile 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Maybe because all those photographic imaging devices are controlled by memory chips that have to go through a downloading process on the internet is why there's no reliable photographic evidence?

I know you're only kidding. But the reason that wouldn't fly is the thousands of people who took the images would obviously know that was happening.
And if that was the case, Alex Jones would already be knowing about it (and he doesn't cause I listen every night). lol

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

I know you're only kidding.  But the reason that wouldn't fly is the thousands of people who took the images would obviously know that was happening.
And if that was the case, Alex Jones would already be knowing about it (and he doesn't cause I listen every night).  lol

FOR TEO:   This make a really good argument that Jesus was an invention of the Romans - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJXW5GLpOe-as0TzJSwbab15DqncNP6rGN1acruDkv-fKuV0YwgA

Perhaps the conspiracy runs deeper than you think.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52wis_sLT1I

Smile 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Perhaps the  conspiracy runs deeper than you think.

For decades,  there has been a faction which is convinced there is a government conspiracy to cover-up the UFO phenomenon.  The same thing which was popularized by the theme of the tv show X-Files.
I guess anything's possible in this crazy world.  But I lean toward the same position I have on other massive conspiracy theories (9/11 "controlled demolition" being another one).  It just doesn't seem plausible to me that you could keep something like these huge conspiracies under wraps with all the dissemination of information leaks we have today (think Edward Snowden).

It just doesn't seem plausible to me that you could keep something like these huge conspiracies under wraps with all the dissemination of information leaks we have today (think Edward Snowden).

To a point, I would agree with you. But the system is step up with "compartmentalized" sections. I would wager a guess that very very few people know the entire scope of things. It has been shown that even the President lacks knowledge in particular areas.. The people that really know keep this information very secure. While people like Snowden would have access to some information, the real secrets are still secure. A staggering thought is that all the information on UFOs, aliens, 911, etc ,is known but no one can connect all the dots,. A system that is the victim of its own success.
Manning, Snowden have leaked a lot of sensitive information but it seems to have a political tint to it. Sort of a He said, She said type of thing. In summery, I think the real explosive stuff is still secure. But that is just a guess.

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Perhaps the  conspiracy runs deeper than you think.

For decades,  there has been a faction which is convinced there is a government conspiracy to cover-up the UFO phenomenon.  The same thing which was popularized by the theme of the tv show X-Files.
I guess anything's possible in this crazy world.  But I lean toward the same position I have on other massive conspiracy theories (9/11 "controlled demolition" being another one).  It just doesn't seem plausible to me that you could keep something like these huge conspiracies under wraps with all the dissemination of information leaks we have today (think Edward Snowden).

FOR TEO:   This make a really good argument that Jesus was an invention of the Romans - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwes9j2D6HoZ0KibiCr8GWqOIioyStevglN28CDG2VKpWmUVxB

Yeah... Well... It was a God damned government conspiracy that caused my modem and router to crap out for the last couple days so I had to obtain new ones...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od6hY_50Dh0

Very Happy

...It was probably Obama's fault also!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

That could all be true.

Bob, I've long claimed that minnows are actually aliens from planet Walmart.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum