Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CRACKER BARREL BACKTRACKS Capitalism Speaks, Cracker Barrel listens. Duck Back on Menu!

+6
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
Sal
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Floridatexan wrote:
“Because religious belief, or non-belief, is such an important part of every person’s life, freedom of religion affects every individual. Religious institutions that use government power in support of themselves and force their views on persons of other faiths, or of no faith, undermine all our civil rights. Moreover, state support of an established religion tends to make the clergy unresponsive to their own people, and leads to corruption within religion itself. Erecting the “wall of separation between church and state,” therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society.” -- Thomas Jefferson, to the Virginia Baptists (1808) ME 16:320. This is his second kown use of the term “wall of separation,” here quoting his own use in the Danbury Baptist letter. This wording of the original was several times upheld by the Supreme Court as an accurate description of the Establishment Clause: Reynolds (98 US at 164, 1879); Everson (330 US at 59, 1947); McCollum (333 US at 232, 1948)

Freedom From Religion

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:I just thank the good lord baby jesus that the wingnutz can continue to stuff their ample guts with lard without worrying that the Cracker Barrel doesn’t share their hatred and prejudices.

Lord knows that a backlash from the gay community is a very remote possibility.

A gay boycott of Cracker Barrel would be about as effective as a teabagger boycott of Ebony magazine.

lol

Still advertising for a partner. That's sad.

Markle

Markle

wilburforce wrote:I think Cracker Barrel fired people for being gay back in the 90's. They were still segregating their customers only a few short years ago. They are a perfect sponsor for the Ducks.

I notice you are eager to show a source and a link to your...thinking.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ghost Rider wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
“Because religious belief, or non-belief, is such an important part of every person’s life, freedom of religion affects every individual. Religious institutions that use government power in support of themselves and force their views on persons of other faiths, or of no faith, undermine all our civil rights. Moreover, state support of an established religion tends to make the clergy unresponsive to their own people, and leads to corruption within religion itself. Erecting the “wall of separation between church and state,” therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society.” -- Thomas Jefferson, to the Virginia Baptists (1808) ME 16:320. This is his second kown use of the term “wall of separation,” here quoting his own use in the Danbury Baptist letter. This wording of the original was several times upheld by the Supreme Court as an accurate description of the Establishment Clause: Reynolds (98 US at 164, 1879); Everson (330 US at 59, 1947); McCollum (333 US at 232, 1948)

Freedom From Religion

cheers cheers cheers 

Can I get an "amen"?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

During the 1990s, the company was the subject of controversy for its official stance against gay and lesbian employees and for discriminatory practices against African American and female employees. A U.S. Department of Justice investigation found Cracker Barrel discriminated against minority customers; patrons complained of racially segregated seating and service quality. In an agreement with the Department of Justice, Cracker Barrel has implemented non-discrimination policies, and pledged to focus on improving minority representation and civic involvement, particularly in the black community. Company shareholders added sexual orientation to the company's non-discrimination policy in 2002

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_Barrel

Markle wrote:
wilburforce wrote:I think Cracker Barrel fired people for being gay back in the 90's. They were still segregating their customers only a few short years ago. They are a perfect sponsor for the Ducks.

I'm too lazy to look for a link but I do recall Cracker Barrel segregating their customers.

Bob wrote:During the 1990s, the company was the subject of controversy for its official stance against gay and lesbian employees and for discriminatory practices against African American and female employees. A U.S. Department of Justice investigation found Cracker Barrel discriminated against minority customers; patrons complained of racially segregated seating and service quality. In an agreement with the Department of Justice, Cracker Barrel has implemented non-discrimination policies, and pledged to focus on improving minority representation and civic involvement, particularly in the black community. Company shareholders added sexual orientation to the company's non-discrimination policy in 2002

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_Barrel

Thank you Bob.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:So God has ordained that Duck Dynasty products be sold in Cracker Barrel?  

We are fortunate to have somebody on this forum who can speak for god and be a nazi at the same time.  God must have a great sense of humor.

You missed the boat on this, Seaoat.  Teo is not the forum Nazi; he's just confused.  Markle is the forum Nazi.

Once again, obviously Floridatexan is  very, very S-L-O-W learner.

Demonstrating with the Democrat/Progressive supported Occupy Wall Street in Phoenix Arizona is Jason Todd with his AR-15.
CRACKER BARREL BACKTRACKS Capitalism Speaks, Cracker Barrel listens.  Duck Back on Menu! - Page 3 WallStreetJasonToddAR15-1

Here too is Jason Todd at an earlier demonstration in Phoenix Arizona.

CRACKER BARREL BACKTRACKS Capitalism Speaks, Cracker Barrel listens.  Duck Back on Menu! - Page 3 JasonToddNazi-1

Keep up the good work!

You do love being the perfect foil don't you!  Thanks!

Markle

Markle

wilburforce wrote:
Markle wrote:

I'm too lazy to look for a link but I do recall Cracker Barrel segregating their customers.

CRACKER BARREL BACKTRACKS Capitalism Speaks, Cracker Barrel listens.  Duck Back on Menu! - Page 3 HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

Markle

Markle

Ghost Rider wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Freedom From Religion
Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press,

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The battle for equal rights for all American citizens is ongoing and your attempts to take things out of context and create a new reality is nothing new, but one thing remains the same......you would like the United States to be destroyed, black people to return to subservient place to white people, and Nazi ideology to prevail.  It was wrong then, and it is wrong now......and thankfully the guy upstairs must agree that you are full of chit, because freedom and liberty are winning......and the nazis remain a fringe group of crazies who are just like Frank Collins......seriously depraved......and by golly we have a black president who is our commander and chief......and is really, really smart, and not very good at basketball......go figure.

Phil Robertson had something to say about that (speaking about the world as it existed pre-civil rights movement)...

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson is quoted in GQ. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

CRACKER BARREL BACKTRACKS Capitalism Speaks, Cracker Barrel listens.  Duck Back on Menu! - Page 3 N-PHIL-ROBERTSON-large

Yeah, it's funny how the constant threat of being strung up in a tree with no protection from the law makes people so polite and deferential.

Anyone who misses those ‘good old days’ is criminally stupid or deranged.

Markle wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
Markle wrote:

CRACKER BARREL BACKTRACKS Capitalism Speaks, Cracker Barrel listens.  Duck Back on Menu! - Page 3 HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

Glad I could cheer you up. Enjoy your Holiday. Very Happy 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:"Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare...  no one was singing the blues.”

Well let's see.  I count 63 names on this list who were singing the blues "pre-entitlement/pre-welfare".  And those are just the ones who got recorded.
There were many many more singing the blues besides these.  lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Delta_blues_musicians

Phil,  you may have a masters degree in education but it appears your education is limited mostly to living in the backwoods and calling ducks.  
And what's so amazing about that is you grew up in the same locale where the blues was originally sung.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is the most revealing thing about this whole story...

A&E will continue to profit off Phil Robertson and his family during Christmas week -- despite the fact that they benched Phil for his recent anti-gay comments -- because the network will be airing SEVERAL huge "Duck Dynasty" marathons.

Duck Dynasty is pretty much taking over A&E's Christmas schedule.  The network will air 4 separate rerun marathons of the show in 4 days (December 22-25) totaling 35.5 hours of air time.

December 22 -- 5PM-4AM EST
December 23 -- 7PM-4AM EST
December 24 -- 6PM-9PM EST
December 25 -- 3:30PM-4AM EST

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/20/a-and-e-duck-dynasty-christmas-marathon-phil-robertson/#ixzz2oKpvbiLJ

This is corporate America in a nutshell.  It has no ethics,  no principles,  just greed.  Out of one side of it's mouth it will spew that empty rhetoric about how it's feelings are hurt,  it's sensibilities are shaken,  it's on-camera personalities have done wrong and how it wants to penalize them;
BUT,  then it ignores all that horseshit and runs the show in marathons.  lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:This is the most revealing thing about this whole story...

A&E will continue to profit off Phil Robertson and his family during Christmas week -- despite the fact that they benched Phil for his recent anti-gay comments -- because the network will be airing SEVERAL huge "Duck Dynasty" marathons.

Duck Dynasty is pretty much taking over A&E's Christmas schedule.  The network will air 4 separate rerun marathons of the show in 4 days (December 22-25) totaling 35.5 hours of air time.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/20/a-and-e-duck-dynasty-christmas-marathon-phil-robertson/#ixzz2oKpvbiLJ

This is corporate America in a nutshell.  It has no ethics,  no principles,  just greed.  Out of one side of it's mouth it will spew that empty rhetoric about how it's feelings are hurt,  it's sensibilities are shaken,  it's on-camera personalities have done wrong and how it wants to penalize them;

And ?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:This is corporate America in a nutshell.  It has no ethics,  no principles,  just greed.  

Which is precisely why what we need right now in this country is less regulation. If government would just get out of the way, large multi-national corporations would police themselves well and just do what's right for society. No pollution, no harmful shit in our food, safe products, good living wages, and health insurance for all.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:This is corporate America in a nutshell.  It has no ethics,  no principles,  just greed.  

Which is precisely why what we need right now in this country is less regulation.  If government would just get out of the way, large multi-national corporations would police themselves well and just do what's right for society.  No pollution, no harmful shit in our food, safe products, good living wages, and health insurance for all.

I have no desire to worship a corporation so I'm with you there.
But I also have very little confidence that the government we have now (democrat or republican) is anything more than just another corporation, albeit a non-profit one.

Democrats see government as our salvation. Republicans see corporations as our salvation.
I see us between a rock and a hard place. And I wouldn't turn my back on either one.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You made your own corporate hell you buncha numbskulls. YOU made it with your own dumb choices. You used your money to create the BEAST...WalMart being a good example. They went to China and got YOU the best deal and you took it. You didn't buy from Ma and Pa shops so they went away but you fricken yuppies want the best of both worlds ! you want cheap and no corporations....VOTE with your money...... see what happen with the duckman ? Money talked and bullshit walked !

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You made your own corporate hell you buncha numbskulls. YOU made it with your own dumb choices. You used your money to create the BEAST...WalMart being a good example. They went to China and got YOU the best deal and you took it.

There's no doubt we all played a part in it.
But the whole government (democrat and republican) promised us the outsourcing would create more and better jobs than it would lose for us.
Unfortunately the only one telling us the truth at the time ("giant sucking sound"), looked like a gnome and talked in an eccentric manner and ended up with the song "Crazy" playing as his swan song. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:You made your own corporate hell you buncha numbskulls. YOU made it with your own dumb choices. You used your money to create the BEAST...WalMart being a good example. They went to China and got YOU the best deal and you took it.

There's no doubt we all played a part in it.
But the whole government (democrat and republican) promised us the outsourcing would create more and better jobs than it would lose for us.
Unfortunately the only one telling us the truth at the time ("giant sucking sound"),  looked like a gnome and talked in an eccentric manner and ended up with the song "Crazy" playing as his swan song.  lol  

I thought he was a genius ! I wish he had become president...He at least was entertaining.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:This is the most revealing thing about this whole story...

I take it your TV is broken and the only channel you can receive is A&E.

If it is so horrid, how has corporate America made this the strongest, greatest nation the World has ever seen?

Do you not agree that there is good and bad greed?

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Which is precisely why what we need right now in this country is less regulation.  If government would just get out of the way, large multi-national corporations would police themselves well and just do what's right for society.  No pollution, no harmful shit in our food, safe products, good living wages, and health insurance for all.

I have no desire to worship a corporation so I'm with you there.
But I also have very little confidence that the government we have now (democrat or republican) is anything more than just another corporation,  albeit a non-profit one.

Democrats see government as our salvation.  Republicans see corporations as our salvation.
I see us between a rock and a hard place.  And I wouldn't turn my back on either one.  

That's not true.  Republicans and conservatives see PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY as our salvation.

Democrats believe that their voting base is to stupid to make decisions for themselves and accept consequences of their decisions.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

I take it your TV is broken and the only channel you can receive is A&E.

Come on,  markle,  stop throwing me the easy questions.  It's not even a challenge.

If I accept that premise,  then every time a "conservative" here says negative stuff about MSNBC,  I'll start responding with:
"I take it your TV is broken and the only channel you can receive is MSNBC".
lol

A "conservative" has the right to say MSNBC and everybody on it is full of shit.  He can say it regardless if he changes the channel or doesn't change the channel.  

And if some guy with a beard whose only distinction is making duck calls has the right to say my friends Chrissy and Vectorman are full of "murder, heartlessness,  envy,  hatred, strife,  insolence, ruthlessness and senselessness",  and he does have that right;
then I also have the right to say he's full of shit.  Period.

You go ahead and side up with these tv assholes. I'll side up with the people I know.

Last edited by Bob on 12/23/2013, 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum