Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another reason to hate George Zimmerman

+8
Floridatexan
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
nadalfan
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
VectorMan
Nekochan
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

2seaoat

The jury has spoken...case closed..move on...what a waste of time.

The trial was fair and the jury has spoken, but discussion of the case are hardly a waste of time..........or you would not be participating on every thread dealing with the subject.

nadalfan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Another reason to hate George Zimmerman  - Page 3 Skisrc10

I suppose you're trying to insult my intelligence. I have noticed that some on here resort to those tactics; that I do consider to be a complete waste of time.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:The jury has spoken...case closed..move on...what a waste of time.

The trial was fair and the jury has spoken, but discussion of the case are hardly a waste of time..........or you would not be participating on every thread dealing with the subject.

There are tributaries where yes there should be discussion but beating the dead horse of guilt or innocence is exasperating, fruitless and fiction.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

nadalfan wrote:

I suppose you're trying to insult my intelligence.  I have noticed that some on here resort to those tactics; that I do consider to be a complete waste of time.  

Look don't take it personal. I am more thinking of Sals harping on Zimmermans being a cold-blooded murderer than anything you have said...Trying to retry Zimmerman here seems silly but you are right it is not in any way my call, if you  enjoy this post away...sorry for any misunderstanding.

Also I found that CAUTION sign the other day and have dying to use it...

nadalfan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:The jury has spoken...case closed..move on...what a waste of time.

You're right, the verdict is in, the trial is over, but this case has opened the door for conversation about so many topics; stricter gun laws, SYG, the criminal justice system, profiling, racism, and using Obama's words, soul searching.  And that last one is what my previous post was about.  

You don't have to read or respond to my posts if you are tired of this topic.  

HOW ABOUT ADDRESSING AND THE CRIMINALS...THUGS THAT ARE COMMITTING THE CRIMES!   The answer is not stricter gun laws especially when aimed at law abiding citizens...the criminals don't seem to be having problems in obtaining guns even if there are laws prohibiting them from doing so....SYG/Self defense laws are not the problem...talk about a fundamental right of citizens...thankfully there are some in society that refuse to become a victim without defending themselves....FYI there was NOT a racial component to the Zimmerman Case as investigated by the FBI...Race issue was created...even fabricated by the media...Sharpton...Jackson...NAACP...Black Panthers...Congressional Black Caucas... etc.,...the same people that threw gas on the fire also attempted to link this to profiling which was never proven or evidence to back the allegation...These folks and others made the choice to enter into the situation with a narrow minded agenda to focus on 'racial issues' rather than the incident at hand....why they did so is a legitimate question...The 'soul searching' that was suggested is certainly a question for those that are constantly avoiding dealing with the issue of crime by blacks....Why is the crime level higher in the black communities?....Why are blacks committing more crimes?..Why are black on black crimes mostly ignored?....It cannot be a coincidence that other crimes committed are rarely given the national spotlight...why?....Some of the same people mentioned had no problem accepting the OJ verdict...why?....There are questions but they are the questions that no one really wants to get serious about...

nadalfan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

I suppose you're trying to insult my intelligence.  I have noticed that some on here resort to those tactics; that I do consider to be a complete waste of time.  

Look don't take it personal. I am more thinking of Sals harping on Zimmermans being a cold-blooded murderer than anything you have said...Trying to retry Zimmerman here seems silly but you are right it is not in any way my call, if you  enjoy this post away...sorry for any misunderstanding.

No problem. Just to clarify - my post was about questioning WHY we made those assumptions about Zimmerman and Martin or why we gave more credibility to one and not the other, that's all.
But, I do appreciate your post, so thanks.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

newswatcher wrote:
nadalfan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:The jury has spoken...case closed..move on...what a waste of time.

You're right, the verdict is in, the trial is over, but this case has opened the door for conversation about so many topics; stricter gun laws, SYG, the criminal justice system, profiling, racism, and using Obama's words, soul searching.  And that last one is what my previous post was about.  

HOW ABOUT ADDRESSING AND THE CRIMINALS...THUGS THAT ARE COMMITTING THE CRIMES!   The answer is not stricter gun laws especially when aimed at law abiding citizens...the criminals don't seem to be having problems in obtaining guns even if there are laws prohibiting them from doing so....SYG/Self defense laws are not the problem...talk about a fundamental right of citizens...thankfully there are some in society that refuse to become a victim without defending themselves....FYI there was NOT a racial component to the Zimmerman Case as investigated by the FBI...Race issue was created...even fabricated by the media...Sharpton...Jackson...NAACP...Black Panthers...Congressional Black Caucas... etc.,...the same people that threw gas on the fire also attempted to link this to profiling which was never proven or evidence to back the allegation...These folks and others made the choice to enter into the situation with a narrow minded agenda to focus on 'racial issues' rather than the incident at hand....why they did so is a legitimate question...The 'soul searching' that was suggested is certainly a question for those that are constantly avoiding dealing with the issue of crime by blacks....Why is the crime level higher in the black communities?....Why are blacks committing more crimes?..Why are black on black crimes mostly ignored?....It cannot be a coincidence that other crimes committed are rarely given the national spotlight...why?....Some of the same people mentioned had no problem accepting the OJ verdict...why?....There are questions but they are the questions that no one really wants to get serious about...

Good post.....Thank you!

People were blind-sighted by the media. As a result evidence was ignored while Zimmerman was vilified and Trayvon idolized as an angelic young child.

nadalfan

newswatcher wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

You have a lot of good questions here that I certainly do not have the answers to. I have guns in my house. I don't know if stricter gun laws are the answer, I don't know if SYG needs to be repealed or fine tuned. I don't know if Zimmerman is a racist, I do believe he profiled Martin though and that he acted on that belief. Can you profile someone without being a racist?
I agree that crime as a whole needs to be addressed; There are some programs that are addressing that. I believe crime, including black on black crime has gone down. Surely, it's not enough. I have asked the question as to why the media took off with this case but not others; what elements are so unique to this case that it got so much coverage and others haven't?
I wish I had an answer for all your questions,I don't, but I am glad you bring them up. I don't agree though that the soul searching is a question only for those that ignore black on black crime.

2seaoat

there was NOT a racial component to the Zimmerman Case

I would agree that this was a run of the mill manslaughter case. It was simply a criminal case and race was not part of the elements. However, to deny that Martin was profiled is simply leaving reality and entering the twilight zone. There is no question that Zimmerman looked at him and put him into the category of "suspect", or a person who has, or is about to commit a crime. Walking black on a sidewalk is not a crime. This idea that Al Sharpton is driving the narrative is absurd. People who are not racist simply understand that racial profiling is not a good thing. The fear that people have a black young men, and the immediate conclusion that the person is a suspect, is not a good thing. States have passed laws after statistical data showed racial profiling by law enforcement and great strides have been made, but the fear of private citizens, and even the denial of the same on this forum is inherent in deep seated racism which will always try to find a false equivalent, rather than deal with the core problem.

nadalfan wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

You have a lot of good questions here that I certainly do not have the answers to.  I have guns in my house.  I don't know if stricter gun laws are the answer, I don't know if SYG needs to be repealed or fine tuned.  I don't know if Zimmerman is a racist, I do believe he profiled Martin though and that he acted on that belief.   Can you profile someone without being a racist?  
I agree that crime as a whole needs to be addressed; There are some programs that are addressing that. I believe crime, including black on black crime has gone down.  Surely, it's not enough. I have asked the question as to why the media took off with this case but not others; what elements are so unique to this case that it got so much coverage and others haven't?  
I wish I had an answer for all your questions,I don't, but I am glad you bring them up. I don't agree though that the soul searching is a question only for those that ignore black on black crime.  

Perhaps some of the programs were part of the problem.....Not only for those that ignore black on black crime...but let's be honest some of these same individuals that are elected...role models...leaders would have musch more of an effect in this area than others that voice opinions but they have made a choice to ignore the issues that need addressed...Don't expect anything much more out of the media...they now will fabricate/edit the news towards a political agenda--if they did this in this case where else have they?...

2seaoat wrote: there was NOT a racial component to the Zimmerman Case

I would agree that this was a run of the mill manslaughter case.  It was simply a criminal case and race was not part of the elements.  However, to deny that Martin was profiled is simply leaving reality and entering the twilight zone.   There is no question that Zimmerman looked at him and put him into the category of "suspect", or a person who has, or is about to commit a crime.   Walking black on a sidewalk is not a crime.   This idea that Al Sharpton is driving the narrative is absurd.   People who are not racist simply understand that racial profiling is not a good thing.  The fear that people have a black young men, and the immediate conclusion that the person is a suspect, is not a good thing.   States have passed laws after statistical data showed racial profiling by law enforcement and great strides have been made, but the fear of private citizens, and even the denial of the same on this forum is inherent in deep seated racism which will always try to find a false equivalent, rather than deal with the core problem.

Can a suspicious person be of any race?..

Yella

Yella

VectorMan wrote:How dare Zimmerman show concern for a fellow human being. That just won't work with the current liberal narrative. I can only imagine the racist comments Al Sharpton had to make when he first heard this. But, he does like those YOUNG ladies.

Another reason to hate George Zimmerman  - Page 3 Sharpton-GF-NYDN1

The article with the photo says Al is 58 and she is 35. He looks way older than 58. Maybe he's in bad health, because he sure looks bad.

Sharpton is a joke and a fake. It irritates me when people address him as "Reverend." He has no theological education so I think it is preposterous for people to "Revere" him. I don not think ANY religious leader should be revered, respected perhaps, if they actually do good things for others and do not enrich themselves in the doing of it. He is a loudmouthed racist and I expect he DOES enrich himself as he rants and raves. He is a man who needs to be investigated to see just how crooked he is.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

nadalfan wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

You have a lot of good questions here that I certainly do not have the answers to.  I have guns in my house.  I don't know if stricter gun laws are the answer, I don't know if SYG needs to be repealed or fine tuned.  I don't know if Zimmerman is a racist, I do believe he profiled Martin though and that he acted on that belief.   Can you profile someone without being a racist?  
I agree that crime as a whole needs to be addressed; There are some programs that are addressing that. I believe crime, including black on black crime has gone down.  Surely, it's not enough. I have asked the question as to why the media took off with this case but not others; what elements are so unique to this case that it got so much coverage and others haven't?  

I do not know if Zimmerman is a racist, I do believe he profiled Martin though and that he acted on that belief. Can you profile someone without being a racist?

Zimmerman is from a multi-racial family; his father white, his mother black and Hispanic. The evidence presented was a strong indication he was not a racist.
Can you profile someone without being a racist? Of course you can...a criminal profile. Considering the crime in the neighborhood. a criminal profile would be justified. There were multiple burglaries and several home invasions. Home invasions means invading an occupied dwelling. People lived in fear. George called the police 46 times ....46 times in 8 years. However, over 400 calls to the police were placed in one year regarding problems in that gated community.....400. Yet George was blamed with excessive calls.

Stand your ground...this case was self defense.

As far as the media....when I first heard about the case and saw the disgusting evil mugshot of Zimmerman and the innocent 12 year old child, my reaction was one of immediate guilt. Of course that was the exact reaction the media wanted. I changed my mind after reading as much information possible and ignoring the biased partial media information. I did not, however, change my mind about the sadness I felt for the loss of Trayvon's life and the devastation his family experienced. No family should have to bury a child.....I feel the same for the families of the 500 children murdered in Chicago each year.

Slicef18

Slicef18

NotoriousBIG wrote:I do not hate Zimmerman. I hate that he is a liar, coward, and murderer.
I hate that he ignored explicit Police instructions just to get the chance to shoot a black guy.
So sad. And pathetic that you continue to defend him after his acquittal.
Why do you feel the need to defend him even as he walks free??
Thanks.

There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
Winston Churchill

Slicef18

Slicef18

NotoriousBIG wrote:I do not hate Zimmerman. I hate that he is a liar, coward, and murderer.
I hate that he ignored explicit Police instructions just to get the chance to shoot a black guy.
So sad. And pathetic that you continue to defend him after his acquittal.
Why do you feel the need to defend him even as he walks free??
Thanks.

There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
Winston Churchill

nadalfan

Joanimaroni wrote:
nadalfan wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

I do not know if Zimmerman is a racist, I do believe he profiled Martin though and that he acted on that belief. Can you profile someone without being a racist?

Zimmerman is from a multi-racial family; his father white, his mother black and Hispanic. The evidence presented was a strong indication he was not a racist.
Can you profile someone without being a racist? Of course you can...a criminal profile. Considering the crime in the neighborhood. a criminal profile would be justified. There were multiple burglaries and several home invasions. Home invasions means invading an occupied dwelling. People lived in fear. George called the police 46 times ....46 times in 8 years. However, over 400 calls to the police were placed in one year regarding problems in that gated community.....400.  Yet George was blamed with excessive calls.

Stand your ground...this case was self defense.

As far as the media....when I first heard about the case and saw the disgusting evil mugshot of Zimmerman and the innocent 12 year old child, my reaction was one of immediate guilt.   Of course that was the exact reaction the media wanted. I changed my mind after reading as much information possible and ignoring the biased partial media information. I did not, however, change my mind about the sadness I felt for the loss of Trayvon's life and the devastation his family experienced. No family should have to bury a child.....I feel the same for the families of the 500 children murdered in Chicago each year.

Maybe some of the initial reactions were to the pictures in the media, but as the case and trial went on, more information and new pictures emerged, so I don't think the original pictures have much influence now, on both sides.

The media portrayed Martin both as a saint and also a thug, and Zimmerman both as a great guy and as a murderer

Some of the previous break ins were committed by black teens, so how do you eliminate race as a factor in the profiling?

I don't know any teenager that doesn't own a hoodie, so since you believe race was not a factor in this case, what would your take be if this happened to your son?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum