Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Note to city on the New fire Boat.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Just a thought

Note to city on the New fire Boat. Bilde?Avis=DP&Dato=20130606&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=130606006&Ref=AR&MaxW=198&Border=0&Man-rescued-from-water-off-Palafox-Pier

Note to city on the New fire Boat. Lens19436471_1363620585-

no stress

no stress

I also wondered why he wasn't brought in on the 6x14 dive platform. oh well, a save is a save regardless. lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

cheers

Please dont be offended Mr Gunz. You know I respect what you and the others do. I just found it to be unusual that they did not have a ladder. But it is a new boat and may have just been a oversight. Getting someone from the water into a boat is sometimes close to possible.

no stress

no stress

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:Please dont be offended Mr Gunz. You know I respect what you and the others do. I just found it to be unusual that they did not have a ladder. But it is a new boat and may have just been a oversight. Getting someone from the water into a boat is sometimes close to possible.

Absolutely no offense taken sir. I had a chance to be on the boat team and said heck no. I like my crash truck just fine lol

Pretty cute Hallmark. Hope they werent swimming in that ECUA donation...

no stress

no stress

It is a pretty cool boat though. steered with dual joysticks, will do 45 knts and can full stop in two boat lengths. 2000 gpm outputs and powered by twin diesels, jetdrive.

Gunz wrote:It is a pretty cool boat though. steered with dual joysticks, will do 45 knts and can full stop in two boat lengths. 2000 gpm outputs and powered by twin diesels, jetdrive.

Wow... That's impressive.

One day a deck hand was tying a line to a piling over at Radcliff Rocks next door to the yard. As he went to flip the line over the piling, it got caught and when he went to free it the barge surged and caught him between the push knee and the piling. We were all watching because sometimes they would get too close to our boats and rub the paint off of them.
He fell into the water and we all ran down and swam out and tired to save him but it was too later. It was a real struggle trying to get him back to shore. When we were able to get a line around him it was a little easier but not much. Damn Sad Day 24 years old, a wife and 2 children. Just trying to make a living.
I am sure that if someone had a camera on us we would have made the keystone cops look good. But we tried, it was all we could do.

Last edited by hallmarkgrad2 on 6/6/2013, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I read about a sailboat found adrift with all hands missing....The entire crew decided to go for a swim and no one put the ladder down...they all were presumed drowned.

Nekochan

Nekochan

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:One day a deck hand was tying a line to a piling over at Radcliff Rocks next door to the yard. As he went to flip the line over the piling, it got caught and when he went to free it the barge surged and caught him between the push knee and the piling. We were all watching because sometimes they would get too close to our boats and rub the paint off of them.
He fell into the water and we all ran down and swam out and tired to save him but it was too later. It was a real struggle trying to get him back to shore. When we were able to get a line around him it was a little easier but not much. Damn Sad Day 24 years old, a wife and 2 children. Just trying to make a living.
I am sure that if someone had a camera on us we would have made the keystone cops look good. But we tired, it was all we could do.

You did all you could do. Very sad.

LOL The boss bought a new Jet boat. I rigged it out and we put it in the water. Boss says "I heard this sob of Bitch can stop in 2 boat lengths from full speed" I said Hell yea that is way cool, Lets do it. We blasted out into the bay and got up a full head of steam(maybe 60-65 mph) and he pulled back on the reverse thruster thing that is reverse. Remember in a Jet Boat you have to keep the Throttle down or you will have no reverse or stopping power.

Damn!!! It slammed to a stop!!! We were laughing like crazy when we noticed a wall of water getting ready to break over the stern. He hit the gas and we powered out of the hole the damn thing had made. Yea they will stop in 2 lengths but they will also get you swamped. We still laugh about that to this day. Not a funny has hitting the bridge, but that is another story.

@Gunz I was going to ask where you have been. Good to see you post. Be careful and stay as safe as you can. OK?

Let me clear up something on the post about the person that we tried to rescue. I guess I was trying to make my self sound like a important person in the rescue when in fact, I did very little. . I went into the water but I was not a strong enough swimmer to be of much help.. The person that deserves most of the credit was a Person named Scott Harding. The victim sank and Scott and others had to dive for him. Interesting how as time passes, I change the story to make my self look better.

no stress

no stress

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:@Gunz I was going to ask where you have been. Good to see you post. Be careful and stay as safe as you can. OK?

Since my dad passed I've been doing a lot of handiman type stuff for my mom. Also, spring into summer at my house leaves me with very little me time. Thanks for asking HM. Good talking to you.

" Interesting how as time passes, I change the story to make my self look better."

Be careful or you'll turn into a Sea Oat No

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:@Gunz I was going to ask where you have been. Good to see you post. Be careful and stay as safe as you can. OK?

I've been a'wondering, too. Great to see you, Gunz!

Oats is a good man. Never underestimate him. He is a worthy opponent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum