Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The U-Boat War 2 / 3: Attack America

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

At the 14 min mark they say that 56 ships were sunk in the Gulf of Mexico during WW2 but the sinkings  went un reported.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I used to dive the Russian Freighter (The San Pablo) it was hit by a U-Boat and ultimately sunk 10 miles south of the Pensacola Pass. Nice dive lots of sea life.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I used to dive the Russian Freighter (The San Pablo) it was hit by a U-Boat and ultimately sunk 10 miles south of the Pensacola Pass. Nice dive lots of sea life.

I dove the Russian freighter a couple of times. Back then there were also a lot of Air planes to dive on. Very crude diving equipment compared to today's Gear. I used to work for Keenan welding supply and we were a distributor for US Divers stuff. Twin Hose was the rage back then.. I had a set of small 38s that I liked to used. No license required. Just go diving. I liked to use a "Pole gun" or a "Hawaiian Sling"..Never went over a 100 feet 90 was about my limit.....Lots of fun.. I never got back into it after I came back home from the Army.

2seaoat

I never liked diving deeper than 100 feet. I never could understand why the put the carrier so deep. If they could have put it at 100 feet, people would be coming from all over the country. It is a specialty dive.

Mr Ichi wrote:At the 14 min mark they say that 56 ships were sunk in the Gulf of Mexico during WW2 but the sinkings  went un reported.
very cool. I did not know this.

Im gonna go curl up and watch this. Smile 

Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum