Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nut opens fire in NYC ..gun free city and hits 4 people

+2
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://news.yahoo.com/several-people-shot-outside-empire-state-building-133147539.html

NEW YORK (AP) — New York City officials say at least four people have been shot outside the Empire State Building and that the gunman is dead. A witness says the gunman was firing indiscriminately.
City police say at least four people have been wounded in the Friday morning shooting.
A
fire department spokesman says it received a call about the shooting
just after at 9 a.m. Friday and that emergency units were on the scene
within minutes.
Aliyah Imam
tells Fox 5 News that she was standing at a red light when a woman
standing next to her fell to the ground. She says the woman was hit in
the hip. She says the gunman was "shooting indiscriminately at people."
The shooting occurred at 34th Street and Fifth Avenue.

Sal

Sal

Clearly, with the entire nation awash in guns, city/state restrictions on guns are not sufficient and federal legislation and enforcement will be required. Thanks for the reminder.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

salinsky wrote:Clearly, with the entire nation awash in guns, city/state restrictions on guns are not sufficient and federal legislation and enforcement will be required. Thanks for the reminder.

You made me laugh with that one.. Federal legislation and enforcement. You don't think much of freedom or liberty do you. You want the BATFE busting down doors all over don't you ?....I think the nation should break into 4 countries and you can go live in the Fed section. You may like them doing the daily cavity search on you.

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
You made me laugh with that one..

I knew you'd like it, but you disappointed me by not calling me a commie. Wink

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

salinsky wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
You made me laugh with that one..

I knew you'd like it, but you disappointed me by not calling me a commie. Wink

Seems a waste of time stating the obvious...commie.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Empire-State-Building-Shooting-167313495.html?hhh

Disgruntled worker fire...revenge.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Mayor bloomberg plans on banning any biulding over two stories tall in response to this shooting.

8Nut opens fire in NYC ..gun free city and hits 4 people Empty War Zone in Chicago 8/25/2012, 12:45 am

Markle

Markle

City with some of the strictest gun laws in the nation had NINETEEN PEOPLE SHOT OVERNIGHT.

The Chicago Tribune

19 people shot in overnight shootings across Chicago

By Peter Nickeas Tribune reporter
9:30 a.m. CDT, August 24, 2012

Nineteen people were shot across the South and West sides from Thursday evening through early Friday morning -- 13 of them wounded over a 30-minute period, authorities say.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-shootings-chicago-violence-august-23-august-24-violence-gunfire-20120823,0,49779.story

So much for those strict gun laws.

This after President Barack Hussein Obama's former Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel asked for help patroling the streets from Minister Louis Farrakhan.

You just can't make these things up.

salinsky wrote:Clearly, with the entire nation awash in guns, city/state restrictions on guns are not sufficient and federal legislation and enforcement will be required. Thanks for the reminder.

Nut opens fire in NYC ..gun free city and hits 4 people Th?id=I5015736486986553&pid=1

Wow!!!!! That's deep! Let's expand that.....

Clearly, with the entire world awash in guns, national restrictions on guns are not sufficient and international legislation and enforcement will be required.

Wait a second!!!!!! I do believe that that already exists also and it hasn't stopped guns and other weapons from crossing international borders...

What makes you think that national restrictions will cause black market guns from being made available anywhere?

If someone wants a firearm all they need are the blueprints and a good machine shop to start mass production.

*****SAD SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akoukq5DvAE

Smile

CNN is reporting that all bystanders were injured by police and not the gunman. Maybe the police need to go to the range a little more.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/justice/new-york-empire-state-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:CNN is reporting that all bystanders were injured by police and not the gunman. Maybe the police need to go to the range a little more.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/justice/new-york-empire-state-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I wonder how much training the cops have?
Trigger happy cops with no training is Not a good thing in a large city..
You just don't squeeze off a round before having your target in your sights..

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:City with some of the strictest gun laws in the nation had NINETEEN PEOPLE SHOT OVERNIGHT.

The Chicago Tribune

19 people shot in overnight shootings across Chicago

By Peter Nickeas Tribune reporter
9:30 a.m. CDT, August 24, 2012

Nineteen people were shot across the South and West sides from Thursday evening through early Friday morning -- 13 of them wounded over a 30-minute period, authorities say.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-shootings-chicago-violence-august-23-august-24-violence-gunfire-20120823,0,49779.story

So much for those strict gun laws.

This after President Barack Hussein Obama's former Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel asked for help patroling the streets from Minister Louis Farrakhan.

You just can't make these things up.

Do you have any rebuttal to this, salinsky? Seems to me there is none.
Seems to me it's no different than when they outlawed liquor in Chicago and it didn't stop anyone from drinking liquor either. That's just a cold hard fact. It's not "right-wing" or "wingnut" or "republican" or "conservative" or "NRA lover" or "gun lover" or "teabagger" or any other thing. Just a fact.

http:New York (CNN) -- All nine people injured in Friday's shooting in front of the Empire State Building were wounded by police gunfire, New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly told reporters Saturday.
The officers unloaded a total of 16 rounds at a disgruntled former apparel designer, killing him after he shot and killed a co-worker and engaged in a gunbattle with police, authorities have said.
Police said an investigation is under way after one officer shot nine rounds while another shot seven. Three victims suffered gunshot wounds, while the remaining six were hit by fragments.
The gunman, who served in the U.S. Coast Guard in the late 1970s, had two rounds left in his .45-caliber pistol. It holds eight rounds, Kelly said.
The violence erupted Friday morning just as visitors began to queue up to ascend the famous New York skyscraper in one of Manhattan's busiest neighborhoods.
Police identified the shooter as Jeffrey Johnson, 58, who was apparently laid off from his job as a designer of women's accessories at Hazan Import last year.
"We have on tape the perpetrator pulled his gun out and tried to shoot at the cops," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Friday. "Whether he got off any bullets or not, to be determined."
Kelly had said the bystanders were not hit directly by police, but rather the officers' struck "flowerpots and other objects around, so ... their bullets fragmented and, in essence, that's what caused the wounds."
Six of the wounded were treated and released at hospitals by Friday evening, while three others remained hospitalized, Kelly said.
One of those wounded, Erica Solar, was on her way to get a cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts when a bullet tore through the back of her leg, her brother said. The Manhattan receptionist is being treated at the city's Bellevue Hospital.
Robert Asika, a 23-year-old city tour guide, was on his way to work when he got caught in the crossfire.
"When I turned around, I saw a guy reach in his suit and he pulled out a gun," he told CNN affiliate WCBS-TV. "I guess he shot at the police officer. And the police officer shot him. And one of them shot me in the arm, and I fell."
The slain victim was identified as Steven Ercolino by the president of State University of New York at Oneonta, where he was a 1992 graduate.
"We were saddened to learn that a member of our Oneonta alumni community was the victim of this tragic and senseless killing," Nancy Kleniewski said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Steve's family."
Ercolino, 41, is listed as a vice president of sales at Hazan Import Corp., according to his LinkedIn profile.
"It's not something that should happen to a loving person like that," his brother Paul Ercolino told CNN on Friday night. "He's going to be so missed by everybody. He was a light of so many lives."
Johnson had a longstanding dispute with Ercolino "apparently centered on the fact that Ercolino was not selling -- at least in Johnson's opinion -- as much of his product ... as he wanted him to," according to Kelly.
The suspect lost his job last year "as a result of downsizing" but continued to return to the company regularly, having "a confrontation with Ercolino virtually every time he went back," said the police commissioner.
Both men filed harassment complaints against each other in April 2011, Kelly added.
On Friday, Johnson was wearing a business suit and carrying a briefcase as he waited for Ercolino outside his business on West 33rd Street. When Ercolino appeared, "Without any conversation, he shot him once in the head and then shot him in the torso," the police commissioner said.
Johnson then walked east, before eventually turning north. A construction worker was among those who dashed after the gunman after the initial gunshots. Eventually, they alerted two police officers in front of the Empire State Building that the suspect "just killed a man around the corner," Kelly said.
The police commissioner said the suspect pulled his gun out of his briefcase as the officers approached, pointing at them. The officers then fatally shot Johnson.
A brief surveillance video released Friday night by police shows the man walking behind a large planter on a busy street. He appears to point something as two officers approach, coming to within a few feet of him. Then, as bystanders run in all directions, the man falls abruptly to the ground after apparently being shot.
Another video shot by an Australian tourist offered a street-level glimpse of the shooting, which prompted road closures and frightened onlookers.
At least two police officers appear in the video with their guns drawn over a man who is lying on his back. The man appears to be alive, with his hands partly outstretched.
The camera then pans to others who are apparently injured as pedestrians duck behind buildings on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue.
Witnesses said police shot Johnson at least three times.
"I heard the gunshots," said Anika Basu, who was on a bus near the building when the shooting happened. "I looked toward the left and saw three people fall. ... The whole entire crosswalk emptied and people were running.
"We didn't realize if it was an actual gunshot or what," she said.
"It's just a crazy scene here," added Rebecca Fox, who works across the street from the Empire State Building. She had been getting coffee and had her headphones on when she saw people running.
"When I walked across the street, I saw a woman who had been shot in the foot. And she was just in shock, sitting there," Fox said. "I looked down, I saw another man had been laying on the ground, and he wasn't moving."
One witness -- 22-year-old Max Kaplan -- said he heard at least nine shots and saw ambulances race to the scene.
"We're all very shaken up at the office," he said.//www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/justice/new-york-empire-state-shooting/

hallmarkgrad wrote:http:New York (CNN) -- All nine people injured in Friday's shooting in front of the Empire State Building were wounded by police gunfire, New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly told reporters Saturday.
The officers unloaded a total of 16 rounds at a disgruntled former apparel designer, killing him after he shot and killed a co-worker and engaged in a gunbattle with police, authorities have said.
Police said an investigation is under way after one officer shot nine rounds while another shot seven. Three victims suffered gunshot wounds, while the remaining six were hit by fragments.
The gunman, who served in the U.S. Coast Guard in the late 1970s, had two rounds left in his .45-caliber pistol. It holds eight rounds, Kelly said.
The violence erupted Friday morning just as visitors began to queue up to ascend the famous New York skyscraper in one of Manhattan's busiest neighborhoods.
Police identified the shooter as Jeffrey Johnson, 58, who was apparently laid off from his job as a designer of women's accessories at Hazan Import last year.
"We have on tape the perpetrator pulled his gun out and tried to shoot at the cops," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Friday. "Whether he got off any bullets or not, to be determined."
Kelly had said the bystanders were not hit directly by police, but rather the officers' struck "flowerpots and other objects around, so ... their bullets fragmented and, in essence, that's what caused the wounds."
Six of the wounded were treated and released at hospitals by Friday evening, while three others remained hospitalized, Kelly said.
One of those wounded, Erica Solar, was on her way to get a cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts when a bullet tore through the back of her leg, her brother said. The Manhattan receptionist is being treated at the city's Bellevue Hospital.
Robert Asika, a 23-year-old city tour guide, was on his way to work when he got caught in the crossfire.
"When I turned around, I saw a guy reach in his suit and he pulled out a gun," he told CNN affiliate WCBS-TV. "I guess he shot at the police officer. And the police officer shot him. And one of them shot me in the arm, and I fell."
The slain victim was identified as Steven Ercolino by the president of State University of New York at Oneonta, where he was a 1992 graduate.
"We were saddened to learn that a member of our Oneonta alumni community was the victim of this tragic and senseless killing," Nancy Kleniewski said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Steve's family."
Ercolino, 41, is listed as a vice president of sales at Hazan Import Corp., according to his LinkedIn profile.
"It's not something that should happen to a loving person like that," his brother Paul Ercolino told CNN on Friday night. "He's going to be so missed by everybody. He was a light of so many lives."
Johnson had a longstanding dispute with Ercolino "apparently centered on the fact that Ercolino was not selling -- at least in Johnson's opinion -- as much of his product ... as he wanted him to," according to Kelly.
The suspect lost his job last year "as a result of downsizing" but continued to return to the company regularly, having "a confrontation with Ercolino virtually every time he went back," said the police commissioner.
Both men filed harassment complaints against each other in April 2011, Kelly added.
On Friday, Johnson was wearing a business suit and carrying a briefcase as he waited for Ercolino outside his business on West 33rd Street. When Ercolino appeared, "Without any conversation, he shot him once in the head and then shot him in the torso," the police commissioner said.
Johnson then walked east, before eventually turning north. A construction worker was among those who dashed after the gunman after the initial gunshots. Eventually, they alerted two police officers in front of the Empire State Building that the suspect "just killed a man around the corner," Kelly said.
The police commissioner said the suspect pulled his gun out of his briefcase as the officers approached, pointing at them. The officers then fatally shot Johnson.
A brief surveillance video released Friday night by police shows the man walking behind a large planter on a busy street. He appears to point something as two officers approach, coming to within a few feet of him. Then, as bystanders run in all directions, the man falls abruptly to the ground after apparently being shot.
Another video shot by an Australian tourist offered a street-level glimpse of the shooting, which prompted road closures and frightened onlookers.
At least two police officers appear in the video with their guns drawn over a man who is lying on his back. The man appears to be alive, with his hands partly outstretched.
The camera then pans to others who are apparently injured as pedestrians duck behind buildings on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue.
Witnesses said police shot Johnson at least three times.
"I heard the gunshots," said Anika Basu, who was on a bus near the building when the shooting happened. "I looked toward the left and saw three people fall. ... The whole entire crosswalk emptied and people were running.
"We didn't realize if it was an actual gunshot or what," she said.
"It's just a crazy scene here," added Rebecca Fox, who works across the street from the Empire State Building. She had been getting coffee and had her headphones on when she saw people running.
"When I walked across the street, I saw a woman who had been shot in the foot. And she was just in shock, sitting there," Fox said. "I looked down, I saw another man had been laying on the ground, and he wasn't moving."
One witness -- 22-year-old Max Kaplan -- said he heard at least nine shots and saw ambulances race to the scene.
"We're all very shaken up at the office," he said.//www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/justice/new-york-empire-state-shooting/

Sorry hallmark, I beat you to it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well I think if Sal had been there he could have walked right up to the shooter and explained to him it was a gun free city and the guy would have been ashamed and stopped.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well I think if Sal had been there he could have walked right up to the shooter and explained to him it was a gun free city and the guy would have been ashamed and stopped.

That seems to have been the proper, dignified way to handle the situation.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Seems to me it's no different than when they outlawed liquor in Chicago and it didn't stop anyone from drinking liquor either. That's just a cold hard fact. It's not "right-wing" or "wingnut" or "republican" or "conservative" or "NRA lover" or "gun lover" or "teabagger" or any other thing. Just a fact.

Well Bob, my original post to this thread was written with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, and was mainly meant to pull Teo's string. Truth is that I don't believe in banning guns for lawful citizens, although I do believe that we have a big problem with too many guns on our streets. I don't know what the answer is and even if I did it wouldn't matter because the debate has been decisively won by the gun nuts, at least for the moment. I do think that the fact that nine people were shot in the incident, apparently all from LEO's weapons, fixes the wingnut's meme of "more guns will make us safer" solidly in the bullshit bin. Adding more armed civilians to almost any scenario like this would make it much, much, worse, not better.

no stress

no stress

salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:

Well Bob, my original post to this thread was written with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, and was mainly meant to pull Teo's string. Truth is that I don't believe in banning guns for lawful citizens, although I do believe that we have a big problem with too many guns on our streets. I don't know what the answer is and even if I did it wouldn't matter because the debate has been decisively won by the gun nuts, at least for the moment. I do think that the fact that nine people were shot in the incident, apparently all from LEO's weapons, fixes the wingnut's meme of "more guns will make us safer" solidly in the bullshit bin. Adding more armed civilians to almost any scenario like this would make it much, much, worse, not better.

Bullshit. Most officers I know go to the range to qualify and thats it. They know that statistically they will never have to pull their guns and shoot someone, whereas most "gunnuts" I know shoot their weapons and practice scenarios at least every three weeks...hence the bullshit.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Gunz wrote:
salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:

Bullshit. Most officers I know go to the range to qualify and thats it. They know that statistically they will never have to pull their guns and shoot someone, whereas most "gunnuts" I know shoot their weapons and practice scenarios at least every three weeks...hence the bullshit.

cheers cheers cheers

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:

I stand corrected. A bunch of arm-chair Clint Eastwoods pulling their .44 magnums and firing into a crowded city street or a darkened theater would surely have a positive outcome. What could possibly go wrong? Rolling Eyes

perhaps we should be talking about limiting the gun rights of law enforcement and govt agencies?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:perhaps we should be talking about limiting the gun rights of law enforcement and govt agencies?

Yup Those Barneys should have only one bullet and they should carry it in their pocket.

no stress

no stress

salinsky wrote:
Gunz wrote:

I stand corrected. A bunch of arm-chair Clint Eastwoods pulling their .44 magnums and firing into a crowded city street or a darkened theater would surely have a positive outcome. What could possibly go wrong? Rolling Eyes

You totally missed the point, if the "arm chair clint eastwoods" practiced very often then the outcome would have been very different.

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:
You totally missed the point, if the "arm chair clint eastwoods" practiced very often then the outcome would have been very different.

I didn't miss any point. You believe that firing off rounds at the range prepares you to confront a shooter in a panicked chaotic city street or dark and crowded theater. Common sense tells me you're full of shit.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yup Those Barneys should have only one bullet and they should carry it in their pocket.

Barney had one bullet too many. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum