Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old fishing boat in the Bayou

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Old fishing boat in the Bayou Empty Old fishing boat in the Bayou 4/29/2013, 9:51 am

Saw this yesterday in Bayou Chico. Looks like a old fishing boat of the type that used to be at the Palafox Pier. They used to call them "head" boats" because you could just walk on and go fishing. I thing the names were the "Gulf tide and the Gulf wind. Anyway it is neat to see a piece of history still a float. I doubt it is one of those two but it is the same type and has very similar lines..
[img]Old fishing boat in the Bayou 59yadz[/img]

knothead

knothead

Wow, I'd hate to be in that sucker in a pitching sea hallmark . . . . a real piece of history for sure.

3Old fishing boat in the Bayou Empty Re: Old fishing boat in the Bayou 4/29/2013, 10:09 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

It looks a lot like the boat I took my Mom fishing on back in Tarpon Springs.

Mom caught loads of fish. I caught none. When we got back to the pier, I said, "OK, Mom, time to clean your fish!"

Mom replied, with a horrified expression on her face, "Oh, DEAR. I've never done THAT."

Guess who got to clean those fish? Rolling Eyes

4Old fishing boat in the Bayou Empty Re: Old fishing boat in the Bayou 4/29/2013, 10:12 am

Check out the ventilators on the top deck. No A/C, No Wi-Fi, But they did have a pretty good galley, if you could eat. LOL Most folks like to ride up top in the air. But....when they stopped the diesel fumes blew back on the boat and that, with all the pitching could really cause some sea sickness. Not for the faint of heart,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum