Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Could somebody map the socks.......I need help

+6
Hospital Bob
Nekochan
Sal
Joanimaroni
gulfbeachbandit
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

2seaoat wrote:People who are secure in their own beliefs shouldn't feel a need to attack others' beliefs.

Exactly. It is amusing to see the certainty of those who attack religion. On one level every religion can be questioned. You can see rituals and beliefs which simply are not logical. At this level it is easy to see those who believe as children playing a make believe game, and dismiss them as being inferior in emotion and intelligence than the person who does not share that belief system.

However, at another conceptual level, a person can realize the powerful need for man to explain the nature of existence, and that the journey to that destination is far more important than the route chosen......because nobody can confirm the destination, and therefore be so filled with presumption to laugh or ridicule at others attempts.....because in the end, we simply do not have the answers, and those who ridicule often have my pity, because in their smugness they have missed entirely that they no more have the answers than those who they ridicule.

Criminal acts of participants in a religion whether it involves a Mormon splinter group where there are allegations of abuse, or the Catholic Church where Priests have abused children, does not in and of itself dismiss the beliefs of those who belong......the criminal act should not be dismissed....it should be prosecuted, but I find no problem with comedic license when reviewing the sometimes unique paths to enlightenment, but when dealing with individual beliefs and ridicule, in the end it is the presumption of answers which I find most amusing.

"because in the end, we simply do not have the answers, and those who ridicule often have my pity, because in their smugness they have missed entirely that they no more have the answers than those who they ridicule."

We may not have the answers to how we were created but we didn't spend a lifetime believing in something that there is no evidence of. That is the difference. I can live w/ the fact when your gone-you're gone but to spend my life believing I'm going to some fairytale is not what I want to do.

2seaoat wrote:People who are secure in their own beliefs shouldn't feel a need to attack others' beliefs.

Exactly. It is amusing to see the certainty of those who attack religion. On one level every religion can be questioned. You can see rituals and beliefs which simply are not logical. At this level it is easy to see those who believe as children playing a make believe game, and dismiss them as being inferior in emotion and intelligence than the person who does not share that belief system.

However, at another conceptual level, a person can realize the powerful need for man to explain the nature of existence, and that the journey to that destination is far more important than the route chosen......because nobody can confirm the destination, and therefore be so filled with presumption to laugh or ridicule at others attempts.....because in the end, we simply do not have the answers, and those who ridicule often have my pity, because in their smugness they have missed entirely that they no more have the answers than those who they ridicule.

Criminal acts of participants in a religion whether it involves a Mormon splinter group where there are allegations of abuse, or the Catholic Church where Priests have abused children, does not in and of itself dismiss the beliefs of those who belong......the criminal act should not be dismissed....it should be prosecuted, but I find no problem with comedic license when reviewing the sometimes unique paths to enlightenment, but when dealing with individual beliefs and ridicule, in the end it is the presumption of answers which I find most amusing.

Could somebody map the socks.......I need help - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHuWNoKggoVFQmv7bNTJtMunpGJcrGKAixRuku0By7LUo6JkaoSw

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG4OMNR5vD4

Cool

Sorry! I overlooked this before.

Dreamsglore wrote:
"because in the end, we simply do not have the answers, and those who ridicule often have my pity, because in their smugness they have missed entirely that they no more have the answers than those who they ridicule."

We may not have the answers to how we were created but we didn't spend a lifetime believing in something that there is no evidence of. That is the difference. I can live w/ the fact when your gone-you're gone but to spend my life believing I'm going to some fairytale is not what I want to do.

Could somebody map the socks.......I need help - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWRFhsw8nXru9_for8fKLwlcuiGC70KxZj4SLihzi8etOXG3Ct

How do you know that your lifetime of living is nothing more than...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZyNKrYo9I4 ?????

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum