Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome Newbies * except for all the goofy p dog socks.

+6
zsomething
PkrBum
RealLindaL
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Telstar
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Telstar

Telstar

Welcome newbie Wahoo Hunter to the Pcooter forum. 4/20/17

Last edited by Telstar on 7/19/2017, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

It is highly doubtful that we have had any new members join the forum. It has been a long time since that has happened. It is mostly socks talking to another sock. There certainly have not been young people joining in this forum, and after losing five key members in the last two years it is obvious this forum has very little to offer a new member as we rarely have threads which are local, and the political discussions are not even in the same universe with other more sophisticated forums. This reminds me of what happened to the Navarre forum when tedious political discussions finally squeezed the life out of a once vibrant interchange.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote: It is highly doubtful that we have had any new members join the forum.  It has been a long time since that has happened.  It is mostly socks talking to another sock.  There certainly have not been young people joining in this forum, and after losing five key members in the last two years it is obvious this forum has very little to offer a new member as we rarely have threads which are local, and the political discussions are not even in the same universe with other more sophisticated forums.  This reminds me of what happened to the Navarre forum when tedious political discussions finally squeezed the life out of a once vibrant interchange.

cheers cheers

Desperate attempt.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote: It is highly doubtful that we have had any new members join the forum.  It has been a long time since that has happened.  It is mostly socks talking to another sock.  There certainly have not been young people joining in this forum, and after losing five key members in the last two years it is obvious this forum has very little to offer a new member as we rarely have threads which are local, and the political discussions are not even in the same universe with other more sophisticated forums.  This reminds me of what happened to the Navarre forum when tedious political discussions finally squeezed the life out of a once vibrant interchange.

Nobody says you have to welcome anyone seaoat. You can ignore this thread. To each his or her own.

2seaoat

Nobody says you have to welcome anyone seaoat.

There is no one to welcome.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Nobody says you have to welcome anyone seaoat.

Fine, then feel free to ignore this thread.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Nobody says you have to welcome anyone seaoat.

Seaoat, what is with you, anyway, with all your talk about socks?? You being influenced by suspicious Ms. Joani, with her unending Bill obsession, or what? Jeez, you're starting to sound like a right wing conspiracy theorist or something.

One thing is pretty certain -- if we EVER want to rejuvenate this forum with an injection of new members, you and Joani will not be of any help whatsoever in that regard. Who would want to stay here if they don't feel welcome, and are immediately accused of being someone else in disguise, in a nefarious way? Good holy grief.

I am thinking about moving to your neck of the woods, and found this site.

What's best and worst about your area, in your opinion?
I was there many years ago, and found it delightful, but living there can be different.

PkrBum

PkrBum

The beach/waters... the fishing... and an incredible tennis community. Those are my fav things.

There's a feel to the city too... I notice it when I return. It's a very old place... older than I think we know.

zsomething

Okay, you went and encouraged me!

I don't live in Pensacola and haven't been there for years, but I used to spend a lot of summers there.  My family owned a house on Pensacola Beach (there's only a vacant lot there now, no thanks to Hurricane Ivan) and we used to go there (from Mississippi) every summer.  My favorite thing about the area was the used bookstores, but last time I went pretty much all of those were gone.  Hawsey's was still around but lost all its magic by "upscaling."  

Missing the place a little, I started lurking here.  I tried lurking at the other place but too many Trump supporters, crazy beliefs, and borderline illiterate postings (funny how those things seem to go hand in hand all across the internet), so I peek in here more often than trying to weed through the gack over there.  I'm sure more people are reading this place than you'd realize.

Anyway, I can't guarantee I'll post a lot, but I also guarantee I'm nobody's sock puppet.  I can't claim to be "young," either - I'm 50 - but that may be young by forum standards, I don't know.

2seaoat

you're starting to sound like a right wing conspiracy theorist or something.

Just correct. This thread confirms the same.

Telstar

Telstar

balud wrote:I am thinking about moving to your neck of the woods, and found this site.

What's best and worst about your area, in your opinion?
I was there many years ago, and found it delightful, but living there can be different.

Welcome balud. I'm not from this state but I've been a member for years. I hope you find something and enjoy continued posting on this forum.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:you're starting to sound like a right wing conspiracy theorist or something.

Just correct.  This thread confirms the same.

Hopefully this thread will help this forum rejuvenate with new life, instead of regressing into the darkness of death where it seems to be heading.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:Okay, you went and encouraged me!

I don't live in Pensacola and haven't been there for years, but I used to spend a lot of summers there.  My family owned a house on Pensacola Beach (there's only a vacant lot there now, no thanks to Hurricane Ivan) and we used to go there (from Mississippi) every summer.  My favorite thing about the area was the used bookstores, but last time I went pretty much all of those were gone.  Hawsey's was still around but lost all its magic by "upscaling."  

Missing the place a little, I started lurking here.  I tried lurking at the other place but too many Trump supporters, crazy beliefs, and borderline illiterate postings (funny how those things seem to go hand in hand all across the internet), so I peek in here more often than trying to weed through the gack over there.  I'm sure more people are reading this place than you'd realize.

Anyway, I can't guarantee I'll post a lot, but I also guarantee I'm nobody's sock puppet.  I can't claim to be "young," either - I'm 50 - but that may be young by forum standards, I don't know.

We all started posting after lurking z but I guess some of us forget that. Young enough. Welcome to the forum Smile

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:
Seaoat, what is with you, anyway, with all your talk about socks??  You being influenced by suspicious Ms. Joani, with her unending Bill obsession, or what?  Jeez, you're starting to sound like a right wing conspiracy theorist or something.  

One thing is pretty certain -- if we EVER want to rejuvenate this forum with an injection of new members, you and Joani will not be of any help whatsoever in that regard.   Who would want to stay here if they don't feel welcome, and are immediately accused of being someone else in disguise, in a nefarious way? Good holy grief.

For the life of me, I have never understood this obsession with personal identities anymore than I understand the use of socks.

It's all just words in the ether.

Engage with ideas, not personalities.

Your beaches are what draws me. Love them......beautiful.. Liked Johnsons Beach. Had a friend that lived out that way. No one out there! Probably not like that anymore. This was early 80's

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Seaoat, what is with you, anyway, with all your talk about socks??  You being influenced by suspicious Ms. Joani, with her unending Bill obsession, or what?  Jeez, you're starting to sound like a right wing conspiracy theorist or something.  

One thing is pretty certain -- if we EVER want to rejuvenate this forum with an injection of new members, you and Joani will not be of any help whatsoever in that regard.   Who would want to stay here if they don't feel welcome, and are immediately accused of being someone else in disguise, in a nefarious way? Good holy grief.

For the life of me, I have never understood this obsession with personal identities anymore than I understand the use of socks.

It's all just words in the ether.

Engage with ideas, not personalities.

I find it helpful to keep at least one sock on hand. Not to post with it like Pdog would do but only because it saves time if you our unjustly banned and feel the urge to let other members know about it.

Telstar

Telstar

balud wrote:Your beaches are what draws me.  Love them......beautiful..  Liked Johnsons Beach.  Had a friend that lived out that way.  No one out there!  Probably not like that anymore.  This was early 80's

I think seaoat has posted about how the beaches have changed.

Sal

Sal

balud wrote:Your beaches are what draws me.  Love them......beautiful..  Liked Johnsons Beach.  Had a friend that lived out that way.  No one out there!  Probably not like that anymore.  This was early 80's

If beaches is what you're looking for, I can recommend a place that is within 40 minutes of some of the best beaches in the world - Siesta Key, Pass-a-Grille, Anna Maria, Egmont Key, Honeymoon Island, Clearwater, Lido, and many more.

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:

If beaches is what you're looking for, I can recommend a place that is within 40 minutes of some of the best beaches in the world - Siesta Key, Pass-a-Grille, Anna Maria, Egmont Key, Honeymoon Island, Clearwater, Lido, and many more.

Are socks and flip-flops allowed? Wink

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:you're starting to sound like a right wing conspiracy theorist or something.

Just correct.  This thread confirms the same.

This thread confirms NOTHING except that you're becoming delusional on this issue, apparently under Joani's tutelage. I mean, really -- JOANI??? C'mon, seaoat, go back to being your smart self.

These people who posted today are obviously serious individuals. They will surely see the looniness of suspecting socks around every corner. How about helping them out with your knowledge, instead of acting so....never mind. I think you know.

boards of FL

boards of FL

zsomething wrote:Missing the place a little, I started lurking here.  I tried lurking at the other place but too many Trump supporters, crazy beliefs, and borderline illiterate postings (funny how those things seem to go hand in hand all across the internet), so I peek in here more often than trying to weed through the gack over there.  I'm sure more people are reading this place than you'd realize.

That wasn't Pensacola Daily, by chance, was it?

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:Okay, you went and encouraged me!

Loved this post and appreciate your stopping in, z. Are you by any chance related to Z-man, a recently deceased regular poster here? Couldn't help but think of him, seeing your moniker.

Believe me, at 50 you have many of us here envious of your young years. Stick around!

Oh, and your "too many Trump supporters, crazy beliefs, and borderline illiterate postings (funny how those things seem to go hand in hand all across the internet)" remark was eminently spot on.

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:If beaches is what you're looking for, I can recommend a place that is within 40 minutes of some of the best beaches in the world - Siesta Key, Pass-a-Grille, Anna Maria, Egmont Key, Honeymoon Island, Clearwater, Lido, and many more.

Don't listen to Sal -- we love him but he's a Tampa Bay type, no love lost for this area even though he posts here regularly. Smile

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:

Loved this post and appreciate your stopping in, z.  Are  you by any chance related to Z-man, a recently deceased regular poster here?  Couldn't help but think of him, seeing your moniker.

Believe me, at 50 you have many of us here envious of your young years.  Stick around!

Oh, and your "too many Trump supporters, crazy beliefs, and borderline illiterate postings (funny how those things seem to go hand in hand all across the internet)" remark was eminently spot on.  

Thanks!

No, no relation, although my name is a strange thing that starts with Z.  I saw the Z-man ya'll lost.  Very sorry about that, he seemed like a good guy from what I could see from lurking.

Sometimes I feel older than 50, but that's what my birth certificate says. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum