Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Could somebody map the socks.......I need help

+6
Hospital Bob
Nekochan
Sal
Joanimaroni
gulfbeachbandit
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

2seaoat

I want Eric back on this forum. I want Jeep back on this forum. I want Surf back on this forum. I want Star back on this forum. I want Cat back on this forum. I want Old Daze back on this forum I want skip back on the forum.

However, the reality is that we can try to blame somebody for their absence, but in the end they chose not to be here. So the forum is not is good as it used to be without their presence, and we can only hope that they will find their way back to this forum.........we often have a very good thing here, and their contributions made it a special place.....Eric is missed, but to blame Sal or anyone else misses the point that in Eric's mind the hassles were just not worth it.....that was his choice.

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I always wondered who Jeep was in real life

and I really miss.....I forget his handle, but he always brought great topics and had great photos of the snakes in his garden....I am losing my mind.....I cannot remember.

He was run off by Ghandi/GBB. He threatened him repeatedly and wanted his address. He offered a bounty for it. GBB is a POS and shouldn't be allowed on any forum.

That is a lie.
I never threatened Eric.
hilliardbeast

We weren't talking about Eric. Seaoat asked about Oldazze,"dummy".LOL!

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

and I really miss.....I forget his handle, but he always brought great topics and had great photos of the snakes in his garden....I am losing my mind.....I cannot remember.

He was run off by Ghandi/GBB. He threatened him repeatedly and wanted his address. He offered a bounty for it. GBB is a POS and shouldn't be allowed on any forum.

That is a lie.
I never threatened Eric.
hilliardbeast

oddaze is a different story. I must have had on o'rourke moment.

Floridatexan wrote:
Sal wrote:
hallmarkgrad2 wrote:Eric is damn good man. He is my friend. To disrespect his beliefs is a statement of ones Character.
When I could not see very well, he offered to drive down from Hoover and then take me to the VA in Biloxi. He lives what he believes. To mock a good man is crude.

I never mocked him.

Sal, you mocked his religion...that's as good as mocking him. Coming from the same type of background...pervasive Catholicism...I do understand both your POV and his, although I can't remember a single incident relating to sexual advances by a priest on a young boy.

No -that's not the same as mocking him. I disagree w/ that. Many Catholics follow the core beliefs of the religion but not the actions they condone. When I went to catholic school it was common practice to physically abuse the children. I was hit w/ rulers,my hair pulled and treated horribly as were most of the kids. School became a terror that children should not have to endure. Their teachings were off the wall and archaic. Families weren't allowed to use birth control and subsequently had many children they could ill afford to care for and the children suffered. Somebody made up most of the crap and people followed like stupid sheep.

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

That is a lie.
I never threatened Eric.
hilliardbeast

My name is not orourke,idiot. Several posters can attest to the that.LOL!

oddaze is a different story. I must have had on o'rourke moment.

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:

Sal, you mocked his religion...that's as good as mocking him. Coming from the same type of background...pervasive Catholicism...I do understand both your POV and his, although I can't remember a single incident relating to sexual advances by a priest on a young boy.

I was born and raised Catholic.

I went to Catholic elementary and high schools.

My uncle is a retired priest who taught theology at a major Catholic University.

I still go to mass once a year to please my parents.

Don't pretend that I come to this issue from afar or unprepared.

I was steeped in it.

I never mocked Eric personally.

I didn't even mock the flock.

My beef is with the leadership of the Church.

It is evil and rotten to the core, and I will continue to say so regardless of who it offends.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote: I can't remember a single incident relating to sexual advances by a priest on a young boy.

I'm thoroughly confused by this comment. Am I missing the context of it or what? Are you saying you yourself never witnessed this happening with your own eyes? Or are you saying the scandal that became one of the biggest scandals in the history of modern organized religion was all based on lies?

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote: I can't remember a single incident relating to sexual advances by a priest on a young boy.

I'm thoroughly confused by this comment. Am I missing the context of it or what? Are you saying you yourself never witnessed this happening with your own eyes? Or are you saying the scandal that became one of the biggest scandals in the history of modern organized religion was all based on lies?

That post from FT confused me also.

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Name a mainstream religious denomination that does not have its share of problems.

I can't.

They all suck and are potentially dangerous in my opinion.

I agree with you that most mainstream religions are potentially dangerous. I don't think they all are. Episcopalians, Presbyterians and several other Protestant denominations that are not so "mission minded" or "fundamentalist" don't seem so dangerous to me.
I think you can judge the danger in a religion by how seriously they teach that their beliefs are the only way to heaven. That attitude tends to lead to a lack of respect for others.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

bluemoon wrote:I agree with you that most mainstream religions are potentially dangerous. I don't think they all are. Episcopalians, Presbyterians and several other Protestant denominations that are not so "mission minded" or "fundamentalist" don't seem so dangerous to me.
I think you can judge the danger in a religion by how seriously they teach that their beliefs are the only way to heaven. That attitude tends to lead to a lack of respect for others.

Hallelujah, Bluemoon. That is one of my criteria as well.

Sal

Sal

bluemoon wrote:I agree with you that most mainstream religions are potentially dangerous. I don't think they all are. Episcopalians, Presbyterians and several other Protestant denominations that are not so "mission minded" or "fundamentalist" don't seem so dangerous to me.

Organized religion is a form of tribalism, and any form of tribalism has the potential to be dangerous to outside groups given the right circumstances.

It's the nature of the beast.

Sal

Sal

bluemoon wrote:

I was pleasantly shocked to read that the new pope said that members of all religions and even atheists have access to heaven.

That's pretty remarkable.

Given the history of that institution, however, I'm going to have to see more than mere words to convince me anything is really changing.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

How can atheists have access to heaven when the Bible says the only way to heaven is to accept Jesus Christ as the Lord and Saviour.
This is all getting to be so surreal.

Bob wrote:How can atheists have access to heaven when the Bible says the only way to heaven is to accept Jesus Christ as the Lord and Saviour.

Bob since we do no believe in heaven or hell or even what the Bible says, then how can we have access to a place that we do not believe is real?

Sal wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
hallmarkgrad2 wrote:I think I have always been Hallmardgrad. I picked it because I figured only a Westside Local would know about George S Hallmark elementary school. That is why Eric used to call me George.

Why did Eric leave?
I know why. Just want to know if everyone else knows which instigator ran him off.

Because Catholicism is a cult based solely on boy fucking?

What do I win?

Could somebody map the socks.......I need help - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROtaokQJ_AfcHQfHIBw9lzUx28LEXZ3n9VIqAzoESVhOfIx10HRQ

The Nut-Case Property-Destruction Anarchist Occupy Movement Liberal Award..

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qEcn6Rnp4Q

Twisted Evil

Sal wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:

Partly right. You did win.
But not for the reasons that you think.
Eric has a right to worship whatever he chooses.

Of course.

He has the right to worship the imaginary friend of his choosing.

And, I have the right to make whatever comment I choose.

This is Amurica dammit!

Could somebody map the socks.......I need help - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4M-W7ZCX7VE1Ef0YEfjD-e8QU_UlQYX_hkPaQ7gJQInaY0uIh

Then demand that Boards un-ban Bill or whatever his name is.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtGL_ZvT6cA

Very Happy

Nekochan

Nekochan

Using terms such as "boy f*****g" is offensive to most people, Catholics or not. This type of inflammatory language is used to offend people.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Name a mainstream religious denomination that does not have its share of problems.

Could somebody map the socks.......I need help - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTo_Cz9ue4l847ZOFKSjEyjYUISXCutnPccaA1oC0_xy6TsI83n

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BzNNiWyvyE

Smile

ImpishScoundrel wrote:In response to Seaoat...

When I first joined the pnj forum I was accused of being a soc. But after 5+ years and countless forums, I always have been and always will be the ImpishScoundrel (aka "Imp"), a very loose synonym for my favorite Norse God.

Could somebody map the socks.......I need help - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJ2gZDYfrWruRrN38JdYtUeQnVTGywoKDbRtcXljqkX72TkotzA

There's also people who have accused us, here and on other forums, of being the same person when that's not the case.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Dreamsglore wrote:No -that's not the same as mocking him. I disagree w/ that. Many Catholics follow the core beliefs of the religion but not the actions they condone. When I went to catholic school it was common practice to physically abuse the children. I was hit w/ rulers,my hair pulled and treated horribly as were most of the kids. School became a terror that children should not have to endure. Their teachings were off the wall and archaic. Families weren't allowed to use birth control and subsequently had many children they could ill afford to care for and the children suffered. Somebody made up most of the crap and people followed like stupid sheep.

Could somebody map the socks.......I need help - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTG85GBdOdKdrETt0YfOxSOdusvyrb_1_Fabjn8O_an_MveU6oO

But following the made up crap in a supposedly enlightened progressive liberal agenda is different right?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

lol!

Sal wrote:
Organized religion is a form of tribalism, and any form of tribalism has the potential to be dangerous to outside groups given the right circumstances.

It's the nature of the beast.

Could somebody map the socks.......I need help - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTG85GBdOdKdrETt0YfOxSOdusvyrb_1_Fabjn8O_an_MveU6oO

But toeing the line to the supposedly enlightened progressive liberal agenda isn't a form of tribalism right?

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

lol!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Bob wrote:How can atheists have access to heaven when the Bible says the only way to heaven is to accept Jesus Christ as the Lord and Saviour.

Bob since we do no believe in heaven or hell or even what the Bible says, then how can we have access to a place that we do not believe is real?

Not a clue. You'll have to ask the Pope about that. But his answer will likely be that his version of religion applies to every human being whether they like it or not. That seems to be a staple of all religion.
The Ayatollah will tell you everyone is going to a muslim heaven/hell. The Pope will tell you everyone is going to a Christian heaven/hell. And the head Rabbi (whatever he's called) will tell you everyone is going to a jewish heaven/hell. And the head Hindu will tell you everyone is going to a pasture in the sky to live with the cows.
I'm with the Hindu. At least I'll be able to get a good steak.

2seaoat

But his answer will likely be that his version of religion applies to every human being whether they like it or not. That seems to be a staple of all religion.

Matthew 6

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

I like to direct dial......I do not need someone else babbling......it really is that simple.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Not a clue. You'll have to ask the Pope about that. But his answer will likely be that his version of religion applies to every human being whether they like it or not. That seems to be a staple of all religion.
The Ayatollah will tell you everyone is going to a muslim heaven/hell. The Pope will tell you everyone is going to a Christian heaven/hell. And the head Rabbi (whatever he's called) will tell you everyone is going to a jewish heaven/hell. And the head Hindu will tell you everyone is going to a pasture in the sky to live with the cows.
I'm with the Hindu. At least I'll be able to get a good steak.

Ummm....I don't think you'll be able to kill the sky cows.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum