Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Could somebody map the socks.......I need help

+6
Hospital Bob
Nekochan
Sal
Joanimaroni
gulfbeachbandit
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Sal wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:

Partly right. You did win.
But not for the reasons that you think.
Eric has a right to worship whatever he chooses.

Of course.

He has the right to worship the imaginary friend of his choosing.

And, I have the right to make whatever comment I choose.

This is Amurica dammit!

No matter who it offends. You are right, legally. But is it necessary? Or did you run Eric off just for fun? We all miss Eric. Would we miss you? Doubtful.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Sal asked for that, he cannot deny it.

Asked for what exactly?

For everything you're getting since you said what you said.

I (and Hallmark) lived in a country where people worship Buddha and some of them believe in tree spirits and such. Probably moreso when Hallmark was there than when I was there. I don't believe the way they believe, but I would never insult their beliefs. My friends there respected my beliefs and I respected theirs. We could talk about our beliefs without attacking each other or our beliefs. There are Christians, I know, who would say that my friends need to be witnessed to, preached to. I cannot fault them for their beliefs. It's what Christianity teaches. I just have my own ideas about the respectful and right way to go about it. I had an experience with my friends at a restaurant near Pensacola Christian College, where a couple of people approached my friends while we were having lunch and tried to preach to them. I was not happy. It was wrong. Sometimes the best witness is not what you shout out on the street corner, but the way you live your life and respect and treat others.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Why did Eric leave?
I know why. Just want to know if everyone else knows which instigator ran him off.

Since you wrote several threads as ghandi which said I ran Eric off then it must be me.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Asked for what exactly?

I (and Hallmark) lived in a country where people worship Buddha and some of them believe in tree spirits and such. Probably moreso when Hallmark was there than when I was there. I don't believe the way they believe, but I would never insult their beliefs. My friends there respected my beliefs and I respected theirs. We could talk about our beliefs without attacking each other or our beliefs. There are Christians, I know, who would say that my friends need to be witnessed to, preached to. I cannot fault them for their beliefs. It's what Christianity teaches. I just have my own ideas about the respectful and right way to go about it. I had an experience with my friends at a restaurant near Pensacola Christian College, where a couple of people approached my friends while we were having lunch and tried to preach to them. I was not happy. It was wrong. Sometimes the best witness is not what you shout out on the street corner, but the way you live your life and respect and treat others.

Total and complete bullshit.

My attacks were directed at the hierarchy, not the followers.

The hierarchy of the Catholic Church is evil to its very core.

That was the statement that drove Eric away.

I regret he cannot defend the leadership of his faith, but it is what it is.

Last edited by Sal on 6/5/2013, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Asked for what exactly?

Total and complete bullshit.

My attacks were directed at the hierarchy, not the followers.

The hierarchy of the Catholic Church is evil to its very core.

That was the statement that drove Eric away.

I regret he cannot defend the leadership of is faith, but it is what it is.

You are very defensive but I stick with what I said.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Bob wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Why did Eric leave?
I know why. Just want to know if everyone else knows which instigator ran him off.

Since you wrote several threads as ghandi which said I ran Eric off then it must be me.

Bob,

Mocking anyones religion is always a lose-lose situation. Unless you're mocking muslims.
I mock lots of things, mostly lazy people collecting a gubment check for being lazy. But not a mans religion.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:

ROTFLMAO!!!

You're claiming I'm offensive and defensive at the same time.

You're hilarious.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Oh good grief Sal you defend your offensive comments. Eric just didn't want to read your BS and your followers...He doesn't need this forum to sustain himself.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

ROTFLMAO!!!

You're claiming I'm offensive and defensive at the same time.

You're hilarious.

Yes, you're all mixed up. Sorry.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

gulfbeachbandit wrote:

Bob,

Mocking anyones religion is always a lose-lose situation. Unless you're mocking muslims.
I mock lots of things, mostly lazy people collecting a gubment check for being lazy. But not a mans religion.

I tend to agree with that in general terms. But when a religion has tons of clerics in it who are fucking defenseless choir boys and proclaiming themselves to be christian at the same time then I tend to have a different attitude and said so. As did millions of catholic parishioners.

That has nothing whatever to do with Eric. Eric had nothing to do with any of that. Just like those clerics are just as much queers as they are clerics. And I'm bisexual and I had nothing to do with it either but that doesn't mean I have to defend it just because of what I am.

Sal

Sal

The Catholic hierarchy is evil to its very core.

That's not a statement that needs defending.

It's a fact.

Sorry it offends Trollnie and her butt-sniffer.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:The Catholic hierarchy is evil to its very core.

It's a fact.

Aww, now you're trying to sweet talk us. Stop it!

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:

It's a fact.

Aww, now you're trying to sweet talk us. Stop it!

I try to be kind.

It's part of my religion.

Sal

Sal

I'll just leave this here ...

2seaoat wrote:I always wondered who Jeep was in real life

and I really miss.....I forget his handle, but he always brought great topics and had great photos of the snakes in his garden....I am losing my mind.....I cannot remember.

He was run off by Ghandi/GBB. He threatened him repeatedly and wanted his address. He offered a bounty for it. GBB is a POS and shouldn't be allowed on any forum.

Bob wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Why did Eric leave?

Eric stopped being your friend,huh?

It's a fact.

True dat! As a former catholic I can say that.

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:Eric is damn good man. He is my friend. To disrespect his beliefs is a statement of ones Character.
When I could not see very well, he offered to drive down from Hoover and then take me to the VA in Biloxi. He lives what he believes. To mock a good man is crude.

Having an opinion about a religion is not a statement of one's character. Nobody mocked Eric personally or said he wasn't a good man. His support of a religion that harms children is questionable though and should be criticized.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I always wondered who Jeep was in real life

and I really miss.....I forget his handle, but he always brought great topics and had great photos of the snakes in his garden....I am losing my mind.....I cannot remember.

He was run off by Ghandi/GBB. He threatened him repeatedly and wanted his address. He offered a bounty for it. GBB is a POS and shouldn't be allowed on any forum.

That is a lie.
I never threatened Eric.
hilliardbeast

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

I'll try to get back on topic. I have always been Captn Kaoz. I don't post much so I have never had the need to post under another name.

Sal wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Sal wrote:Somebody can't take constructive criticism.

Does every president get hummers in the oval office? clinton D
Does every congressman tweet pics of his weiner to women other than his wife? weiner D
Does every mayor of DC smoke crack and hire hookers? barber D
By your standings, all democrats are perverts. right? Or is it just a select few that ruin it for the rest.
Even michael jackson said that one bad apple doesn't ruin the whole bunch.

Jebus.

That was a joke, dumbass.

There's a lot more wrong with the Catholic Church than boy fucking.

Name a mainstream religious denomination that does not have its share of problems.

Nekochan

Nekochan

People who are secure in their own beliefs shouldn't feel a need to attack others' beliefs.

2seaoat

People who are secure in their own beliefs shouldn't feel a need to attack others' beliefs.

Exactly. It is amusing to see the certainty of those who attack religion. On one level every religion can be questioned. You can see rituals and beliefs which simply are not logical. At this level it is easy to see those who believe as children playing a make believe game, and dismiss them as being inferior in emotion and intelligence than the person who does not share that belief system.

However, at another conceptual level, a person can realize the powerful need for man to explain the nature of existence, and that the journey to that destination is far more important than the route chosen......because nobody can confirm the destination, and therefore be so filled with presumption to laugh or ridicule at others attempts.....because in the end, we simply do not have the answers, and those who ridicule often have my pity, because in their smugness they have missed entirely that they no more have the answers than those who they ridicule.

Criminal acts of participants in a religion whether it involves a Mormon splinter group where there are allegations of abuse, or the Catholic Church where Priests have abused children, does not in and of itself dismiss the beliefs of those who belong......the criminal act should not be dismissed....it should be prosecuted, but I find no problem with comedic license when reviewing the sometimes unique paths to enlightenment, but when dealing with individual beliefs and ridicule, in the end it is the presumption of answers which I find most amusing.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sal wrote:
hallmarkgrad2 wrote:Eric is damn good man. He is my friend. To disrespect his beliefs is a statement of ones Character.
When I could not see very well, he offered to drive down from Hoover and then take me to the VA in Biloxi. He lives what he believes. To mock a good man is crude.

I never mocked him.

Sal, you mocked his religion...that's as good as mocking him. Coming from the same type of background...pervasive Catholicism...I do understand both your POV and his, although I can't remember a single incident relating to sexual advances by a priest on a young boy.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

In response to Seaoat...

When I first joined the pnj forum I was accused of being a soc. But after 5+ years and countless forums, I always have been and always will be the ImpishScoundrel (aka "Imp"), a very loose synonym for my favorite Norse God.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum