Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maybe Brother Carl and teo and Fred Phelps and the people in Pace have been right all along.

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

From the Cat lady
Well Bob, I will just say that if the gay extremist activists (and you know they are out there) try to get the Boy Scouts to issue a gay pride badge or some kind of crap like that, then I will be tending more to agree with Hallmark. Don't let the extremists ruin it for boys (gay or straight) who just want to go camping, fishing, hiking etc.

Very Good Well said.......Sorry I was crude but I was trying to make a point...

Last edited by hallmarkgrad2 on 5/23/2013, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Me... It would be a shame to destroy such a Great organisation. It was a very positive force in my life.

[img]Maybe Brother Carl and teo and Fred Phelps and the people in Pace have been right all along. - Page 2 2e0tdso[/img]

Nekochan

Nekochan

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:From the Cat lady
Well Bob, I will just say that if the gay extremist activists (and you know they are out there) try to get the Boy Scouts to issue a gay pride badge or some kind of crap like that, then I will be tending more to agree with Hallmark. Don't let the extremists ruin it for boys (gay or straight) who just want to go camping, fishing, hiking etc.

Very Good Well said.......Sorry I was crude but I was tiring to make a point...

I know you were, Hallmark. If a boy can't go to camp and behave himself as a respectful young man, he should not be allowed in the scouts. Gay or straight. That's what I think, anyway. I don't like the "openly gay" term in reference to boy scouts. I don't like "openly straight" term either, when it comes to scouting. There shouldn't be such terms in Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts. I agree with what Z said.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I haven't even given my opinion about homosexuals in the boy scouts.
But now I would like to.

First of all, the age to enter the Boy Scouts is eleven. I don't know who got the idea that the typical eleven year old even knows what his sexual orientation is yet so the whole thing is rather peculiar to me.

But having said that, assuming an eleven year old does know he's queer at that age, and I was his father, I would tell him if he wants to be a Boy Scout that's okay. But unless we were living in San Francisco or some other place (wherever that is) that don't give a shit about being queer, I would strongly urge him to keep his mouth shut about it. In fact I would tell him to do the same thing at school. Because I would not want him to have to experience the consequences of letting the other kids know he was queer.
Maybe in fifty or a hundred years I would advise him differently. But not now.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I became a Cub Scout at age 8 in 1960. I ascended to the Boy Scouts at age 11 in 1963. I didn't get my lecture about the Birds and the Bees until I was 13. It was actually a lecture given to a group of boys and their dads at my junior high school.

Nobody in my Cub Scout dens ever talked about sex or sexual orientation. Likewise, nobody in my Boy Scout troop ever discussed it. We just did Cub Scout and Boy Scout stuff, and it was a hell of a lot of fun.

That is the way it should be now.

Thank you, Z...a great big thank you and a hug for the sanest thing I've seen on this thread. Oh, Lord, there is a God....

Nekochan

Nekochan

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:Me... It would be a shame to destroy such a Great organisation. It was a very positive force in my life.

[img]Maybe Brother Carl and teo and Fred Phelps and the people in Pace have been right all along. - Page 2 2e0tdso[/img]

Cute kid!!!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Of course there's a God! What are you doing, trying to start a whole new argument here?
Wink

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I met a few freaks along the way...people that get excited by strange....whatever. I met my first at about 6 or 7....he liked to get naked and hide in the corner of his sisters room behind the headboard of her bed..He begged me to do it with him...I knew even then that it was weird and not proper behavior. I never stayed overnight with him again.
I also had a gay scoutmaster...he was content just to hang around with us boys but never touched me...I was an ugly kid so maybe he was friendly with other guys...dunno....
I met a lot of freaks in the Navy but they were normal....

Nekochan

Nekochan

Teo, how did you know your scoutmaster was gay?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:I haven't even given my opinion about homosexuals in the boy scouts.
But now I would like to.

First of all, the age to enter the Boy Scouts is eleven. I don't know who got the idea that the typical eleven year old even knows what his sexual orientation is yet so the whole thing is rather peculiar to me.

But having said that, assuming an eleven year old does know he's queer at that age, and I was his father, I would tell him if he wants to be a Boy Scout that's okay. But unless we were living in San Francisco or some other place (wherever that is) that don't give a shit about being queer, I would strongly urge him to keep his mouth shut about it. In fact I would tell him to do the same thing at school. Because I would not want him to have to experience the consequences of letting the other kids know he was queer.
Maybe in fifty or a hundred years I would advise him differently. But not now.

I think you're way off base...when I was in high school, gay men didn't "come out". That subject, like a lot of others, just didn't get discussed "in polite company"...whatever the hell that is. You remember, because you were there, too. On the other hand, my children always had gay friends, from elementary school onward. Their generation, I believe, is overall much more enlightened than we were allowed to be by the social mores of the times, but times have changed, and in this way, times have changed for the better.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:Teo, how did you know your scoutmaster was gay?

He drove a Saab

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

I think you're way off base..

No I think what they call somebody like me is "off the reservation". But they have actual clinical terms for it too. lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

He drove a Saab

Shocked

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

He drove a Saab

My uncle in Panama City drove one of the first Saabs that came over here. I was a kid when he got it and I remember him taking me and my old man for a ride in it the first time. He gets us out on a highway and then puts it onto the shoulder at highway speed and he actually kept it under control. We were shitting our pants and then he turns to us and says "it's the front-wheel drive that let's me do it". First time i ever heard of front-wheel drive.
But no, he was straight as can be.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

No I think what they call somebody like me is "off the reservation". But they have actual clinical terms for it too. lol

LOL, Bob. You are off the reservation, but mostly in a good way. I think.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

He drove a Saab

Shocked

Trust me we all knew..even our parents but he never acted on it to my knowledge.....

Now there was the owner of the Bookworm bookstore down town..He was openly gay...he had a curtained back room I snuck into when he was busy once...I never saw so many naked little boy comics....but no girls....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

He drove a Saab

My uncle in Panama City drove one of the first Saabs that came over here. I was a kid when he got it and I remember him taking me and my old man for a ride in it the first time. He gets us out on a highway and then puts it onto the shoulder at highway speed and he actually kept it under control. We were shitting our pants and then he turns to us and says "it's the front-wheel drive that let's me do it". First time i ever heard of front-wheel drive.
But no, he was straight as can be.
It was a joke Bob I like the Brand myself...it was just unusual at the time. and he always loaded us up in it for our camping trips...I sat in the back...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Look, none of you are gonna accept this since you don't see any comparison between the two (neko once told me that on the PNJ forum).

But there was a time when all of us who are old enough to remember it, got an icky uneasy feeling when we saw a colored person sitting at the Walgreen's lunch counter. Sitting right beside us and eating right beside us no less.
It just didn't seem "normal" to us. Didn't to me either. And it took a lot of getting used to.

Some still have that icky feeling about it and always will. But most of us don't even think about it anymore.

It's the same reaction with all this now. It's completely understandable.
At least it is to me.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Are you comparing what the blacks went through to what gays go through ?....That is unfair to blacks IMHO.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Nice try, but you'll have to maintain your sanity, at least the pretense, or as a close friend of mine says, your "...simple facade..."

Is is ADD, ADHD, or something more sinister?

I think he is saying that people used be uncomfortable around Black people, much like they are about gays today. It is close but not the same. Just different.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Are you comparing what the blacks went through to what gays go through ?....That is unfair to blacks IMHO.

Yes, Bob and I had a long conversation about this several years ago. We never did agree. It's true that I cannot know what blacks or gays have gone through. But I do know that when a black person walked through the front doors of a cafe in 1950, every person who could see knew automatically that the person was black.

Nekochan

Nekochan

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:I think he is saying that people used be uncomfortable around Black people, much like they are about gays today. It is close but not the same. Just different.

Bob and I actually had a very long conversation about this. Dang, this was 4 or 5 years ago or so? I maintained that being gay is different (and was different 50+ years ago) than being black. Blacks couldn't walk into a movie theater or restaurant in the south and be served and treated the same as whites back then. Gays (white gays, anyway) could go into any establishment they wanted to and get the same service as a straight white person. Bob and I went back and forth on the subject. I think Bob was more than a little aggravated with me because I just couldn't see where he was coming from. Both of us being as bullheaded as mules, we never did come to an understanding or agreement on it.

Maybe an elderly gay black person might would understand the differences and similarities better than either Bob or I.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Folks (for all three of you, teo, neko and hallmark),

I started out that post by saying you would not see the comparison between the two the same way I do.
I know that and I understand that too. That's why I said that first.

I also know that many (if not most) black people don't see it that way either.
A black man, Bishop E.W. Jackson, who is running for Lt. Governor of Virginia is a good example...

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/05/jackson-virginia-gays-ikky

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob is such a hypocrite he is a openly anti-cantorian. he has this thing about short muscled up weathermen....it's just sick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum