Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maybe Brother Carl and teo and Fred Phelps and the people in Pace have been right all along.

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

THE YOUTUBE IS UP ON INFOWARS.COM ALREADY

http://www.infowars.com/#

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

teo you just became my hero.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

okay i got my popcorn popped and my glass of tea beside me and I'm ready to start listenin.

all I can say is this better not be a big letdown. I don't have many heroes anymore and I can't afford to lose one. especially not this one.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damn baldwin is all ramped up so now I'll have to finish listenin to him first.
I need my educatin.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Oh no, Bob. You'll be up all night!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:I will just say that being a gay black person in 1950 must have been really, really difficult. This would have been a person who was rejected by pretty much everyone around him.

I just didn't want to overlook this post. I think it's pretty insightful of you to have that thought.

But it's even more interesting than you may realize. Back then the bigotry he would have faced would have come mostly from whites. Because he would have been too afraid to reveal his homosexuality to his own race because that would bring the bigotry from every direction and it would have been too much for him to cope with. His fellow blacks at least had each other. But he would have needed to be living a lie with them too. Making for a pretty pitiful existence.
Blacks have never had much tolerance for homosexuality and still don't.
The best explanation I've heard to explain why that is is that black people traditionally have felt their best defense is to grow their numbers and have viewed homosexuality as a threat to that.

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:Some where along the line Men have quit acting like responsible men. I am Old school so I guess I really dont understand the need to expose all your sexual needs and wants to others. I dont understand why you would have to [b]run around on the beach with your dick out wearing a Butter Fly outfit.[/b] You can do it. But I dont have to like it. By the same token, you dont need to know what I do. What the hell is going on? Are we that messed up that we need the approval of others to consummate a human need?

I LMAO @ that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the morning laugh. I agree.

I also agree that the boy scouts shouldn't be concerned with sexual orientation. Any kind of sexual acts should be handled appropriately and the person removed from the organization. if a kid walks or talks funny, so what, still teach him how to build a fire, pitch a tent and help old ladies across the road< those are good things to teach our young.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I wonder if the Girl Scouts let lesbians in? Nobody ever talks about that. Only the Boy Scouts.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nekochan wrote:Of course there's a God! What are you doing, trying to start a whole new argument here?
Wink

It's a figure of speech. Don't be dense.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:The Boy Scout Oath:
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

Gonna need a rewrite.....

I fear that a wonderful organization is about to go away because it has become politically correct...I wouldn't let my kids around some flaming gay activist seeking to remake society in his own lustful image...damn you Hugh Hefner look what you started.

Hugh Hefner? Are you saying he's gay? That's crazy.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:
What we cannot figure out is why on earth anyone would bring in a lawn just for the weekend.

Disposable income.

No kids.

But even still I don't get why that would even appeal to anyone.
If I had a million bucks in my pocket and I had to spend it all this weekend I still would have no desire to do that. Why would anyone else?

I hate to say it, but bringing that dirt onto the beach probably carries a hefty fine. I think he should turn his tenants in...and I mean that sincerely.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I guess it's not PC to say I have gay friends, but I certainly do. As for Sal's experience...it's never OK to force yourself on another person, gay or straight or ?...especially a kid. I did have a similar experience, but I was an adult.

I think just about everyone has had the experience of being ridiculed or ostracized or whatever at some time in their lives...what should come from that is a greater understanding of how other people feel...I try to keep an open mind. But when it gets personal...that's a horse of a different color...and I'm not just talking about sex here. Sometimes there's an element of hostility; for instance, some gay men don't like women...feel threatened by them. Same is true of some blacks...and I think of what Jesus said, "Forgive them, Lord, for they know not what they do." Or, alternatively, I get mad, too. But that usually has nothing to do with sexual orientation, color or gender.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Floridatexan wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Of course there's a God! What are you doing, trying to start a whole new argument here?
Wink

It's a figure of speech. Don't be dense.

Rolling Eyes

I'll make a note not to joke with you ever again.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I will just say that being a gay black person in 1950 must have been really, really difficult. This would have been a person who was rejected by pretty much everyone around him.

I just didn't want to overlook this post. I think it's pretty insightful of you to have that thought.

But it's even more interesting than you may realize. Back then the bigotry he would have faced would have come mostly from whites. Because he would have been too afraid to reveal his homosexuality to his own race because that would bring the bigotry from every direction and it would have been too much for him to cope with. His fellow blacks at least had each other. But he would have needed to be living a lie with them too. Making for a pretty pitiful existence.
Blacks have never had much tolerance for homosexuality and still don't.
The best explanation I've heard to explain why that is is that black people traditionally have felt their best defense is to grow their numbers and have viewed homosexuality as a threat to that.

Good points. I don't think I've ever heard that some blacks perceive homosexuality to be a threat to their birth rate. I wonder if abortion is perceived the same way?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote: I wonder if abortion is perceived the same way?
How many single black women do you hear about opting for abortion?
How many have multiple children?
Therin lies your answer.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Therin lies your answer.

The abortion rate for young black women in America is 41 per 1,000 women.

The rate for young white women is 10 per 1,000.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:
Therin lies your answer.

The abortion rate for young black women in America is 41 per 1,000 women.

The rate for young white women is 10 per 1,000.

Well if that's true then you've got me on this one and I stand corrected. I'm very surprised to learn that.

But let's get back to the issue of homophobia in the black community and let's make another comparison.

Think about all the homo bashing in rap music lyrics. And then ask yourself how much of that do you hear in pop music written and performed by white artists? And let's even include country music in that which is produced by and for a conservative and religious mostly all-white community.
Frankly, it's almost unheard of in white music but so so prevalent in rap music that there literally is no comparison.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I really didn't know that because I don't listen to rap. I know it's been talked about a lot how a lot of rap lyrics are derogatory to women. I hadn't heard about rap lyrics being derogatory to gays. But I am not surprised to hear it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum