Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

One movie goer with a gun could have stopped 70 people from being shot..

+4
Floridatexan
Sal
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/one-moviegoer-with-a-gun-could-have-prevented-70-innocent-people-from-being-shot_07202012

But, as we’ve seen countless times – in the UK, Washington D.C., and most notably in Chicago, Illinois – when you ban guns, violent crimes (gun crimes in many cases!) actually increase. Crime has gotten so bad in Chicago that we can’t even call it crime anymore. As the police gang unit in the city described it, it’s a war zone not dissimilar to what soldiers see in Iraq and Afghanistan.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, we’ll repeat the adage that when private law abiding citizens are banned from owning guns and defending themselves, only criminals will have the guns. And they will use them to indiscriminately murder innocent men, women and children.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/one-moviegoer-with-a-gun-could-have-prevented-70-innocent-people-from-being-shot_07202012

But, as we’ve seen countless times – in the UK, Washington D.C., and most notably in Chicago, Illinois – when you ban guns, violent crimes (gun crimes in many cases!) actually increase. Crime has gotten so bad in Chicago that we can’t even call it crime anymore. As the police gang unit in the city described it, it’s a war zone not dissimilar to what soldiers see in Iraq and Afghanistan.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, we’ll repeat the adage that when private law abiding citizens are banned from owning guns and defending themselves, only criminals will have the guns. And they will use them to indiscriminately murder innocent men, women and children.
I agree with the bloggers on that page who said...

"when that idiot Bloomberg gives up his 24/7 security team
that he no doubt enjoys then I might consider disarming myself
People like him don’t have to worry about street crime
The rest of us do."

"I read a story a few months ago..one or ‘our’ beloved senators was anti-gun, however he shot an intruder or robber in his home?
You got some ‘splaining to do, Lucy!!"

"It seems as if the more liberal a politician is, the more security they have, and more anti-gun they are.

"I have commented before that one of my senators travels with his own personel army, 2 bullit proof big suv’s stuffed with men and weapons.
He is an important man, we are just slaves."

In other words, Smokey, "I don't carry a gun and detest them" (As long as I have bullet-proof armor and armed security.) Razz Razz Razz

One movie goer with a gun could have stopped 70 people from being shot.. Secret10

Like rosie o, she's anti gun for everybody except her body guard.

Sal

Sal

This is condensed version of what our national conversation regarding guns has become;

Rep - Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.

Dem - Yes, but guns make it very easy to kill people in large quantities. He would not have been able to stab 71 people.

Rep - Stop trying to politicize this tragedy! What we need are not fewer guns, but more guns. If only someone else in that theatre had had a gun, they would have been able to stop him in his tracks.

Dem - Yes. Nothing could go wrong with crossfire in a dark theatre. This is absurd. There is a clear lesson here, and we need to do something about the ease with which people get firearms.

Rep - There’s no lesson to be learned, the guy was crazy. You can’t stop every crazy person.

Dem - We could try to make it harder for crazy people to walk around with a shotgun, a rifle, two handguns, and gas cannisters.

Rep - I knew Obama and you liberals were coming for our guns. Second Amendment! Fast and Furious!!!

Our natio
n has gone insane.

salinsky wrote:This is condensed version of what our national conversation regarding guns has become;

Dem - Yes, but guns make it very easy to kill people in large quantities. He would not have been able to stab 71 people.

Rep - Stop trying to politicize this tragedy! What we need are not fewer guns, but more guns. If only someone else in that theatre had had a gun, they would have been able to stop him in his tracks.

Dem - Yes. Nothing could go wrong with crossfire in a dark theatre. This is absurd. There is a clear lesson here, and we need to do something about the ease with which people get firearms.

Rep - There’s no lesson to be learned, the guy was crazy. You can’t stop every crazy person.

Dem - We could try to make it harder for crazy people to walk around with a shotgun, a rifle, two handguns, and gas cannisters.

Rep - I knew Obama and you liberals were coming for our guns. Second Amendment! Fast and Furious!!!

Our natio
n has gone insane.

We all know there are a lot of people murdered in the U.S. every year, and a lot of people murdered with guns. But if it’s the availability of guns and the lack of strict gun laws that make “gun violence” possible (guns do kill, dontcha know, you crazy gun loons), then obviously the states with stricter gun laws would have a lower percentage of murders committed with guns than states with easily available guns and civilians carrying guns. Correct? I mean … as we see in every nation on Earth, murders happen everywhere, but take away guns and the total number of murders should decrease and the percentage of gun murders should decrease as there are many people who simply wouldn’t kill at all if a gun weren’t easily available. Speaking on behalf of the anti-gunners … duh!
Except … not so much.

Look at these stats. The states with the highest percentage of gun violence are states with the most restrictive gun laws. These stats are as of 2009.
Illinois is #2
DC is tied at #2
California at 16th
New Jersey at 17th
New York at 29th

Now look at the states with less restrictive gun laws.
Arizona is 30th
Alaska is 32nd
Colorado is 36th
Oklahoma is 37th.

Now take a little gander at Vermont where anyone who can own a gun can legally carry a gun without any kind of permit at all, had the lowest percentage of gun murders! Of the 7 murders recorded in 2009, NONE were committed with a gun (even though Vermontians can carry a gun anywhere they want, they prefer to inflict violence with knives, fists, etc. … the few times they murder at all).

http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/data/table_20.html

If he went in with some gas and lit up the place would you want to stop gas from being sold too? I can think of plenty of ways to take out crowds but I wouldn't want to scare you with the details. It is true that having the guns makes it easier but if there's a will there's a way. I think the punk should be getting tortured right now.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

salinsky wrote:This is condensed version of what our national conversation regarding guns has become;

Our natio
n has gone insane.

Prohibition Party (also the Temperance Union and the Anti-Saloon League) -

"All we have to do is outlaw alcohol and people will stop drinking"

Knucky Thompson speaking to an assembly in Atlantic City of other gangsters following the announcement that Prohibition had been enacted...

"Today we make a toast to those beautiful ignorant bastards who are going to make us all wealthy"

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

They say a voice is like a thousand words (fuck pictures). So here's Knucky in his own voice...

http://www.hark.com/clips/vjqsrdjthh-to-those-beautiful-ignorant-bastards

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sal, I'm a Democrat, and I completely disagree with your categorization. Teo is right...no wonder the guy was wearing body armor. He knew his plan, whatever the hell it was, wouldn't succeed if he was shot. I wonder about:

1)his psychiatric history and what kind of meds he was on (legal or illegal)

2)how he was able to go in a side entrance (shouldn't it have been locked from the outside?)

3)Whether someone with an agenda messed with his head.

I don't know the answer to situations like this. Maybe they can't be prevented. But disarming the population is not a solution.

Floridatexan wrote:Sal, I'm a Democrat, and I completely disagree with your categorization. Teo is right...no wonder the guy was wearing body armor. He knew his plan, whatever the hell it was, wouldn't succeed if he was shot. I wonder about:

1)his psychiatric history and what kind of meds he was on (legal or illegal)

2)how he was able to go in a side entrance (shouldn't it have been locked from the outside?)

3)Whether someone with an agenda messed with his head.

I don't know the answer to situations like this. Maybe they can't be prevented. But disarming the population is not a solution.

You obviously have not followed the media reports very well. Eyewitness reports that Holmes bought a ticket, went into the theater normally, walked to the exit door, propped it open, stepped outside to get prepared for this horrendous act and then re-entered and immediately launched 2 tear gas canisters before opening fire.

His guns were obtained legally through the background check which only indicated a speeding ticket and no adverse psychiatric history.

"One movie goer with a gun could have stopped 70 people from being shot.."

I doubt it. Maybe a seasoned LEO or military man could of put him down but not your average gun toking citizen, as the guy was wearing bullet proof armour.

If five non armed movie goers had rushed and tackled the shooter, they could of saved others from being shot.

Lots of what if opinions that wont float this boat.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PNJ Moderator wrote:"One movie goer with a gun could have stopped 70 people from being shot.."

I doubt it. Maybe a seasoned LEO or military man could of put him down but not your average gun toking citizen, as the guy was wearing bullet proof armour.

If five non armed movie goers had rushed and tackled the shooter, they could of saved others from being shot.

Lots of what if opinions that wont float this boat.

Yeah.... I was imagining a big dude knocking the dweeb down and taking his AR-15 and crushing his trachea with it while another big dude with steel toed boots on kicked his face off his head. That would have been justice!

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 7/21/2012, 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ABC news reported that the shooter was very calm when he surrendered. They also reported that it was because he took Vicodin, a narcotic pain medicine.

Enlarge Photo ALLEN, AARON KALEB (W / MALE)
Booking No: ECSO12JBN010788
Booking Date: 07/21/2012 03:52:47
Age On Booking Date: 18
Bond Amount: $100000.00
CELL Assigned:
Facility: ECSO , Dorm: B6 , Pod: B6 , Cell No: ORG Visitation Schedule
Address Given: 1011 GLADES LN PENSACOLA FL 32507

CHARGES
STATUTE CASENO CHARGE DEGREE LEVEL BOND
777.03 PPD12OFF007519 (PENSACOLA POLICE DEPARTMENT) PUBLIC ORDER CRIMES S F $50000.00

782.04.1a1 PPD12OFF007519 (PENSACOLA POLICE DEPARTMENT) HOMICIDE C F $50000.00

On a local level, we have someone charged with homicide and it didn't make the news yet. it's a pretty low bond too. I think the C in the charge is for capitol murder.http://www.escambiaso.com/index.php/newsroom/inmate-lookup/

Dem:We should outlaw sex, too many people are dying from STD's, HIV etc

Me: Where's my gun

Sal

Sal

Your responses prove the point I was trying to make, but I should have condensed it further;

salinsky - It's insane that this country cannot have a rational conversation regarding guns.

nutjobs - I knew Obama and you liberals were coming for our guns. Second Amendment! Fast and Furious!!!

LOL

salinsky wrote:Your responses prove the point I was trying to make, but I should have condensed it further;

salinsky - It's insane that this country cannot have a rational conversation regarding guns.

nutjobs - I knew Obama and you liberals were coming for our guns. Second Amendment! Fast and Furious!!!

LOL
You never said anything rational..

no stress

no stress

Lurch wrote:
salinsky wrote:Your responses prove the point I was trying to make, but I should have condensed it further;

LOL

LOL !!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

One movie goer with a gun could have stopped 70 people from being shot.. U2b4u

Sometimes even sheep get tired of Sheeples.

Sal

Sal

Lurch wrote:

Actually, I was just commenting on our inability to have a rational conversation about guns, and parodied a conversation to illustrate the point. And, a bunch of you responded just as I had characterized you would, illustrating that gun nuts are too insane to satirize. Thank you. Wink

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal old chum I probably fire more rounds in one practice than any cop fires in a year . I hit what I shoot at and don't need a lecture on gun safety from you...You are buying into the psyop that normal people can't protect themselves that only a shadowy special force above the law can do that by irregular rendition and torture. Yes those special ops did so well at WACO.

salinsky wrote:
Lurch wrote:

Actually, I was just commenting on our inability to have a rational conversation about guns, and parodied a conversation to illustrate the point. And, a bunch of you responded just as I had characterized you would, illustrating that gun nuts are too insane to satirize. Thank you. Wink
I don't consider myself a gun nut. I don't think they should be sold in shows or anywhere else without a background check but I think he passed that, I never really read the whole story. You're blaming the problem on an object and not the person. I think these lunatics shouldn't be named or have their mugshots available, a lot of them just do it to be "famous". I don't like people talking or texting while they're driving but I don't want to outlaw all cellphones but I would like to see it par with a DUI. What is your plan?

no stress

no stress

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Sal old chum I probably fire more rounds in one practice than any cop fires in a year . I hit what I shoot at and don't need a lecture on gun safety from you...You are buying into the psyop that normal people can't protect themselves that only a shadowy special force above the law can do that by irregular rendition and torture. Yes those special ops did so well at WACO.

I think that Sal possibly believes that concealed carry license holders are just a bunch of Skoal dipping gun nut yahoos. I'm sure that there are a few of those among our ranks but for the most part we are career types and come from normal households. Most of us practice regularly (every 2 to 3 weeks) and keep up with the legalities snd responsibilities associated with carrying a lethal weapon on our side. Most of us in that theatre situation would have evaluated the conditions and decided that we could not take the shot if it was in fact smokey, dark and full of mayhem. I hate to go all Teo on you guys but I'm still wondering if this may have been a staged incident...a false flag incident on the heels of the upcoming U.N vote.

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/theater-shooting-in-aurora-colorado-screams-false-flag/18061/

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Sal old chum I probably fire more rounds in one practice than any cop fires in a year.

That's nice.

I hit what I shoot at

Gold star for you!

and don't need a lecture on gun safety from you.

If that's what you think I've been doing here, I would suggest a remedial reading comprehension course.

You are buying into the psyop that normal people can't protect themselves that only a shadowy special force above the law can do that by irregular rendition and torture.

I am? Wait, no I'm not. LOL.

Yes those special ops did so well at WACO.

I've no doubt that in your mind there is a direct and incontrovertible link between WACO and this movie theater massacre about which I am absolutely NOT interested. Thank you in advance for not sharing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum