Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THIS IS NO TIME TO TUCK TAIL AND RUN

+9
Floridatexan
VectorMan
Yella
ZVUGKTUBM
no stress
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
PBulldog2
othershoe1030
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I am sick of bullies running the world. It is bad enough that we have so far been subject to the whims of the financial sector and multinational corporations who are above the law bullies.

Now some people with the same mentality are trying to sabotage this forum by spewing bad language. It personally does not bother me enough to drop out. I am not going to be run off by a few foul mouthed ignorant MF'ers who think they have a right to drown out people who want to discuss issues of interest. If they can't be banned they can certainly be ignored.

Those who are interested in carrying on should grow a damn spine and stand up to the tactics of intimidation being waged against this forum. I will not live in a GD echo chamber where propaganda passes for reality.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I'm not going anywhere, OS. I seriously considered leaving, but you are right - this is no time to run. We libs are tougher than that. Very Happy

Here, here. Very Happy

Here, here. Very Happy

Or, is it hear, hear? Surprised

Sal

Sal

I'm in.

Me too!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

First impression: Drama Queens.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Great. I think this is pretty serious stuff. I mean we need a place to discuss. Sure sometimes people get steamed up, that's understandable but name calling does not contribute to the discussion or reflect well on the person doing it.
Good grief, if some people can't act like grownups on a forum, how can they run their lives?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That's one of the very things I like about forums like this. They are not pasteurized sanitized and FDA approved. You meet the lowest lifeforms like politicians all the way up to harlots and maybe even a real honest to goodness sinner. So enjoy the color and richness the madness and quit crying like little babies. Get real !

no stress

no stress

I wouldnt mind seeing at least some part time moderation of the forum. The personalities on here run the spectrum and rifts are the norm. Alot of folks dont cotton to the foul language and I believe most posters on here respect their wishes for the most part. However there still remains a divide between certain ones that evidently cant be breached. I have discovered that the more assinine the thread the more responses it draws. Post a thread about politics or a good touchy feely topic and you will get 7 or 10 views but alot of folks seem to be drawn to the drama on here rather than the newsworthy, interesting threads. Thats cool...to each his own. Like I've said before none of the language bothers me as I've heard all of it and more. I just feel bad for the folks on here who would be more inclined to leave than to just put the folks on the ignore bar.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Resorting to using expletives and foul language to get your point across is equal to reaching for the lowest common-denominator. It means you ain't got any more arrows in your quiver, which denotes a very shallow person with limited thought processes.

The primary form of communication on an Interenet forum is via the written word, with a few picture images thrown in for effect. Using the written word effectively is an art form and there are ways to rip a person's lips off without resorting to the common "awe f_ck you." You just have to put some effort into what you write.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Yella

Yella

othershoe1030 wrote:I am sick of bullies running the world. It is bad enough that we have so far been subject to the whims of the financial sector and multinational corporations who are above the law bullies.

Now some people with the same mentality are trying to sabotage this forum by spewing bad language. It personally does not bother me enough to drop out. I am not going to be run off by a few foul mouthed ignorant MF'ers who think they have a right to drown out people who want to discuss issues of interest. If they can't be banned they can certainly be ignored.

Those who are interested in carrying on should grow a damn spine and stand up to the tactics of intimidation being waged against this forum. I will not live in a GD echo chamber where propaganda passes for reality.

There are only a few people who can not express themselves without the use of profanity. Maybe they are school dropouts who never had the opportunity to master our language. Maybe ill bred and had never learned any manners. I think if we can bring ourselves together and totally ignore those few we will regain some dignity here.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dignity. General Patton swore and there was never a more dignified man. Is your alls idea of a forum a high class cocktail party? Should we lift our pinkies as we type ? I am so damn tired of political correctness watering down everything......shun the evil doers and make yourselves superior in some liberal wet dream. I like Jesus will hang out with the riff raff.

no stress

no stress

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Dignity. General Patton swore and there was never a more dignified man. Is your alls idea of a forum a high class cocktail party? Should we lift our pinkies as we type ? I am so damn tired of political correctness watering down everything......shun the evil doers and make yourselves superior in some liberal wet dream. I like Jesus will hang out with the riff raff.

Big difference between simple profanity and some of the downright vulgar shit on here.

Gunz wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Dignity. General Patton swore and there was never a more dignified man. Is your alls idea of a forum a high class cocktail party? Should we lift our pinkies as we type ? I am so damn tired of political correctness watering down everything......shun the evil doers and make yourselves superior in some liberal wet dream. I like Jesus will hang out with the riff raff.

Big difference between simple profanity and some of the downright vulgar shit on here.

I agree GUNZ. Casual conversation profanity is no big deal to me, but the vulgarity that goes on here with calling people vile names just shows a persons immaturity. I know I was dishing it out to Ghandi a few days ago, however that was just for effect, that type of language is not the norm for me.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Gunz wrote:

I agree GUNZ. Casual conversation profanity is no big deal to me, but the vulgarity that goes on here with calling people vile names just shows a persons immaturity. I know I was dishing it out to Ghandi a few days ago, however that was just for effect, that type of language is not the norm for me.

I dished it out yesterday. It's not the norm for me to call people names at ALL, much less do it in bold, big, red letters. Ah, well. Que sera, sera, and all that French stuff. Smile

I don't mind shit or god damn or Sob but that trash Ghandi says is way down down w/ the bowery bums and drug addicts.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well it seems relative then. One man's profanity is another man's vulgarity. So I guess words that are not often used like cunt are just horrible but pussy might be better or peach or what ? Over in England they call it cock..yup....So what shall we do weigh each word and if it, like some unpopular book weighs too much we can burn it ? How about piss..that's in the Bible.....Also when someone fires off a big bad word does that then justify response in kind ? What is the worst possible word we could use here? Really, is there a word that should never be spoken ?

I don't think a man should ever talk abusively to a woman NO matter what but that is another subject isn't it. Or is that really what we should be focused on ? I think it is. A man calling a woman a bitch or a cunt on here is inexcuseable in my opinion..I find that to be the utmost vulgarity, not the word themselves.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Gunz wrote:I wouldnt mind seeing at least some part time moderation of the forum. The personalities on here run the spectrum and rifts are the norm. Alot of folks dont cotton to the foul language and I believe most posters on here respect their wishes for the most part. However there still remains a divide between certain ones that evidently cant be breached. I have discovered that the more assinine the thread the more responses it draws. Post a thread about politics or a good touchy feely topic and you will get 7 or 10 views but alot of folks seem to be drawn to the drama on here rather than the newsworthy, interesting threads. Thats cool...to each his own. Like I've said before none of the language bothers me as I've heard all of it and more. I just feel bad for the folks on here who would be more inclined to leave than to just put the folks on the ignore bar.

I'd like to see some basic moderation, too.

That thread in which someone offered money for another poster's identity needed to go. That poster needed to go. There was no "thin line" there; that was blatant stalking behavior.

The vulgar name-calling I can take, though I don't care for it. But offering money to out another poster? No.

VectorMan

VectorMan

I plan on staying. No matter what someone calls me. I've got pretty thick skin.

PBulldog2 wrote:
Gunz wrote:I wouldnt mind seeing at least some part time moderation of the forum. The personalities on here run the spectrum and rifts are the norm. Alot of folks dont cotton to the foul language and I believe most posters on here respect their wishes for the most part. However there still remains a divide between certain ones that evidently cant be breached. I have discovered that the more assinine the thread the more responses it draws. Post a thread about politics or a good touchy feely topic and you will get 7 or 10 views but alot of folks seem to be drawn to the drama on here rather than the newsworthy, interesting threads. Thats cool...to each his own. Like I've said before none of the language bothers me as I've heard all of it and more. I just feel bad for the folks on here who would be more inclined to leave than to just put the folks on the ignore bar.

I'd like to see some basic moderation, too.

That thread in which someone offered money for another poster's identity needed to go. That poster needed to go. There was no "thin line" there; that was blatant stalking behavior.

The vulgar name-calling I can take, though I don't care for it. But offering money to out another poster? No.

Let's just say Ghandi's posting days are numbered.In this cybertechnology world ,it is very easy to identify people now no matter how much they try to be anonymous.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Let's just say Ghandi's posting days are numbered.In this cybertechnology world ,it is very easy to identify people now no matter how much they try to be anonymous.

Actually it is very easy to remain anonymous with the wide spread availability of free wifi and numerous proxy tools which allow someone to randomize IP addresses.

For those who are so inclined to learn more
http://packetstormsecurity.org/files/tags/tool/

http://www.defcon.org/html/links/dc-tools.html

alecto wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Actually it is very easy to remain anonymous with the wide spread availability of free wifi and numerous proxy tools which allow someone to randomize IP addresses.

Not for the police. How do you think they catch these child molesters online?

Dreamsglore wrote:
Not for the police. How do you think they catch these child molesters online?

Most of these sick bastards are trying to meet with what they believe are underage kids that is what gets them caught. They physically show up thinking they are going to do something with a kid only to find the police waiting on them and thank god the police are actively trying to catch as many of these sick bastards as they can.

Take a forum for instance. You sign up, log in, and start to post. A server admin can go look at the log files and see the time and the IP address you logged in from. The police can subpoena those records, go to the ISP and subpoena those records for a name that belongs to that IP address. BUT if a person logs in on a free wifi and uses multiple free wifi's to access the forum then the IP address changes every time, yes they can still get a MAC address and yes the still can track an individual down due to locality. Most places with free wifi have cameras and it is possible to cross log in times with camera footage. NOW run a program that changes anonymous proxy servers every 15 seconds. IP addresses can come from any where on the planet (Russia, Ukraine, Dubai, Libya, etc) with different MAC addresses with multiple hops through multiple anonymous proxies. Completely untraceable since most of these proxies do not maintain server logs and most of these proxies are in countries that do not have the same laws as we do. You would be amazed at how easy this has become.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

alecto wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Thanks for the information. We may all need it to stay ahead of big brother. You never know. do these sites cost anything to use?
Pretty cool. The nerds are running the world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum