Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's a holiday. A time to kick back and relax and take time out from all that government/political/media nonsense. And instead learn how the music is made.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is the best ten minute tutorial on how the music is made that I have ever seen. Take a look and listen, I guarantee you this is the medicine you need today.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Bob wrote:This is the best ten minute tutorial on how the music is made that I have ever seen.  Take a look and listen,  I guarantee you this is the medicine you need today.

Quite interesting Bob, thanks for posting. We lost a great musician when he passed away in May.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Manzarek 43 years ago.

It's a holiday.  A time to kick back and relax and take time out from all that government/political/media nonsense.  And instead learn how the music is made. Manzar10

And a 1970 performance of one of the most classic examples of rock and roll music.  Jim Morrison would die the following year.
Manzarek goes from the Fender Rhodes electric piano on Riders of the Storm to his Vox Continental portable organ.  Which I can attest to was a sorry little piece of shit compared to the Hammond B3 which soon would take over the organ sound in rock and roll.  The British invasion brought that piece of shit over here.  But there were only two musicians who could take that thing and make serious music with it,  Manzarek and Rod Argent.

The Doors could have been called The Morrison/Manzarek band.  Because it was a collaboration between a crazed poet/lyricist/vocalist and a very talented keyboard musician.  One of the rare examples of when electric guitar took a backseat to the keyboard in rock and roll.  Argent was the other example.

This,  fellow babies,  is what a rock and roll band was supposed to look and sound like.  

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

One of the DOORS ran a convenient store in Lake Isabella that I went by everyday on the way to work when I lived in California. I never bothered to stop there, wish I had now..cool guy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:One of the DOORS ran a convenient store in Lake Isabella that I went by everyday on the way to work when I lived in California. I never bothered to stop there, wish I had now..cool guy.
There's a way to redeem that decision not to stop in there,  teo.  And it's to take a request on this memorial day or columbus day or whatever day this is.
"Riders on the Storm" is a perfect fit for your vocals.  Do us the honor and make a karaoke of it. In fact I can hear thunder outside as we speak. What could be a more approriate day for it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

From wiki,  teo.

'Riders on the Storm' is rumored to have been performed live only once, at The Warehouse in New Orleans on December 12, 1970. This was The Doors' last public performance with Jim Morrison.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:One of the DOORS ran a convenient store in Lake Isabella that I went by everyday on the way to work when I lived in California. I never bothered to stop there, wish I had now..cool guy.
There's a way to redeem that decision not to stop in there,  teo.  And it's to take a request on this memorial day or columbus day or whatever day this is.
"Riders on the Storm" is a perfect fit for your vocals.  Do us the honor and make a karaoke of it.  In fact I can hear thunder outside as we speak.  What could be a more approriate day for it.

I don't know this was one of the worst songs I ever did...I never really let anyone see it but just for you Bob.

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 9/2/2013, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dagnabit I can't get the video to play, teo.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:Dagnabit I can't get the video to play,  teo.  
loet me see it was so bad I may have set it to private....Okay it's open

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Teo, you have reincarnated Jim Morrison and somewhere in purgatory he's singing along with you.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:From wiki,  teo.

'Riders on the Storm' is rumored to have been performed live only once, at The Warehouse in New Orleans on December 12, 1970. This was The Doors' last public performance with Jim Morrison.
I went to the Warehouse in 1967...summer...saw Mountain...staying with my cousin in Algiers.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Saw these guys in Corpus Christi some time in the early 70s, before they were "Nationwide"...Stardust Ballroom...walking up to the building, I couldn't believe the sound that was coming out of three guys.  This is my favorite:

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Money for Nothin'

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Where'd everybody go? Happy Labor Day...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Happy Labor Day, Tex!! Wink 

It's a holiday.  A time to kick back and relax and take time out from all that government/political/media nonsense.  And instead learn how the music is made. Th?id=H.4586704102622989&pid=1

It's not Sunday but what the hey...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5s1-Fe9FA

Smile 

well, my grandkids just went home with their parents. Crying or Very sad 

it was a very nice day though.

I had a very nice day too. I hope all of you guys did as well. My daughter and son-in-law came over and he brought some crab cake makings that he had bought at Joe Pattie and we fried up some crab cakes,  baked some macaroni and beans and had a nice lunch. Then we all watched the movie "Frozen Ground" on PPV.   Has anyone noticed how much Cox just upped their PPV prices as of today?  They've got some 10 buck movies on there now. Nobody is going to pay that much for a movie they can get at redbox in a couple of weeks. 
In spite of the price, it  was a nice afternoon with family, which is what labor day should be about. Nobody went to work !!!!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jim Morrison's last night on stage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum