Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are jurors really that stupid?

+5
Slicef18
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
gulfbeachbandit
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Are jurors really that stupid? Empty Are jurors really that stupid? 2/15/2013, 3:00 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

A Pensacola man shot by Pensacola police outside Tom Ann Buddy’s bar on West Cervantes Street in December 2011 was found not guilty by a jury Wednesday of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer for actions taken that night.

Robert Donson, 26, was shot by Officer Shawn Thompson while Donson was struggling with officers during a drug operation, authorities said at the time. Officers thought he was reaching for a gun in his pocket, and the shooting was later deemed to be justified.
On Wednesday, following a daylong trial, a jury found Donson not guilty of aggravated assault. The jury was also hung on charges of carrying a concealed firearm and resisting arrest with violence.
Assistant State Attorney Jeff Gaddy said Donson will be tried again on the firearm and resisting arrest charges.
Donson is in the Escambia County Jail, being held on no bond on a battery on an inmate charge. He is also facing a weapons charge in federal court.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

People are getting fed up with jackboots running over kids on bikes and beating the snot out of tied up suspects. If I am ever on a trial with cop vs criminal it better be very clear cut. Or I am going to push for nullification especialy if it's a drug arrest.

Apparently, the jury has more facts then we do and saw it for what it was. We weren't allowed to shoot unarmed people just because you got in a tussle w/ them.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:Apparently, the jury has more facts then we do and saw it for what it was. We weren't allowed to shoot unarmed people just because you got in a tussle w/ them.

"Donson will be tried again on the firearm and resisting arrest charges."

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

That's why we have juries, who are presented with the facts of the case, to decide these things, instead of local yahoos who think they know something because they've formed an opinion about it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

And.....sometimes the people not on the jury have more information than the jury is allowed to hear. He has a long criminal history with several assaults on officers, robbery, burglary, along with weapon and drug charges. He was armed.

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml_searchbm.asp?ulname=+Donson&ufname=Robert&ucasetype2=&ucase=&ucit=&ufromdate=&daterange=0&ucasetype=&uagencynbr=&uagencytype=

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

This guy is a career criminal. Even got another charge while in custody.

Joanimaroni wrote:And.....sometimes the people not on the jury have more information than the jury is allowed to hear. He has a long criminal history with several assaults on officers, robbery, burglary, along with weapon and drug charges. He was armed.

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml_searchbm.asp?ulname=+Donson&ufname=Robert&ucasetype2=&ucase=&ucit=&ufromdate=&daterange=0&ucasetype=&uagencynbr=&uagencytype=

Well, that is true about the info. and the jury but police tend to treat you bad especially when they find out you have a record.You have to wonder how many assaults were provoked by the bad treatment of the police. Things have changed greatly since I was a LEO. We never had tasers and were taught only to use as much force as necessary to subdue a suspect. We didn't sic dogs on people and hog tie them or beat them into submission. Traffic stops were reinforced w/ the premise these were citizens and courteousness was a must.We'd get in trouble if a citizen complained we were rude.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:And.....sometimes the people not on the jury have more information than the jury is allowed to hear. He has a long criminal history with several assaults on officers, robbery, burglary, along with weapon and drug charges. He was armed.

Well, that is true about the info. and the jury but police tend to treat you bad especially when they find out you have a record.You have to wonder how many assaults were provoked by the bad treatment of the police. Things have changed greatly since I was a LEO. We never had tasers and were taught only to use as much force as necessary to subdue a suspect. We didn't sic dogs on people and hog tie them or beat them into submission. Traffic stops were reinforced w/ the premise these were citizens and courteousness was a must.We'd get in trouble if a citizen complained we were rude.

I knew I smelled something in the room.

didnt I see you say you ran someone over today so you have sympathy for people who run children over. God you cant even drive. your toenails must have gotten in the way.

10Are jurors really that stupid? Empty Re: Are jurors really that stupid? 2/15/2013, 11:38 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I knew I smelled something in the room.

didnt I see you say you ran someone over today so you have sympathy for people who run children over. God you cant even drive. your toenails must have gotten in the way.

Bloated drunk.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Then again, we saw in the O.J. trial, people sometimes make a choices based on their perception of other factors.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dreamsglore wrote:Apparently, the jury has more facts then we do and saw it for what it was.

BUT, in your thread entitled "Pensacola cop found not guilty" you say...

"We have some serious problems in this area."

So whenever we read a couple of sentences about what happened in a trial,
we can assume the juries are always wrong if the cop is found not guilty,
but assume the juries are always right when the suspect is found not guilty.
Good lord, that's the most inconsistent thing I ever heard of.

Bob wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Apparently, the jury has more facts then we do and saw it for what it was.

she doesnt think for herself. shes a zombie. thats why she has gray stuff coming out of her feet and her toenails are falling off. shes a corpse.

14Are jurors really that stupid? Empty Re: Are jurors really that stupid? 2/16/2013, 10:56 am

Dreamsglore wrote:Apparently, the jury has more facts then we do and saw it for what it was. We weren't allowed to shoot unarmed people just because you got in a tussle w/ them.

Yep and apparently the jury in the Casey Anthony trail had more facts that we did.

Bob wrote:

I saw the video of the cop who was found not guilty so my opinion is based on that. I was not privvy to the info. at this trial so I can't say the jury was wrong.Big difference,Einstein.

Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:

she doesnt think for herself. shes a zombie. thats why she has gray stuff coming out of her feet and her toenails are falling off. shes a corpse.

And posts like this is why you have solidified yourself as a bonafide idiot.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dreamsglore wrote:

I saw the video of the cop who was found not guilty so my opinion is based on that. I was not privvy to the info. at this trial so I can't say the jury was wrong.Big difference,Einstein.

I've been reading your posts a long time. I think the opinions you have and the positions you take derive from your need to conform to your version of political correctness. And I'm not singling you out by any means. There are others here who do the same thing. And the same thing is true of the brainwashed right-wingers. You're pretty much carbon copies of each other with the only difference being which of the two labels of political correctness you latch onto.

Bob wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I've been reading your posts a long time. I think the opinions you have and the positions you take derive from your need to conform to your version of political correctness. And I'm not singling you out by any means. There are others here who do the same thing. And the same thing is true of the brainwashed right-wingers. You're pretty much carbon copies of each other with the only difference being which of the two labels of political correctness you latch onto.

People form their opinions based on experiences. At least mine are. I lean to the left because those are my experiences. I certainly have some center right opinions that don't have anything to do w/ political correctness. There is truth to the saying "we are the sun total of our experiences". I have been on both sides of the police fence so my opinion is based on that. There are far too many bad cops in our society.More so than the good guys unfortunately. I don't defend bad behavior on either side but I've seen enough to know that just because you're a cop doesn't mean your a good one. People tend to believe that and give bad one's a pass. This is their mistake.

19Are jurors really that stupid? Empty Re: Are jurors really that stupid? 2/17/2013, 11:51 am

Jake92

I was on a few different juries and the jury sees things that the press MIGHT not see and of course won't publicize because the press is in business to sell papers or TV news for ratings, which brings MONEY. One trial involved a man shooting a flare gun at a car that was doing the speed limit on Scenic Hwy. He was in such a hurry that he passed the car in a no passing zone which ended up making an oncoming car run off of the road a few feet. NO wreck or damage. A little bit farther up Scenicd, he pullked intop his developement and stopped. Then, he shot a flare gun at the 1st car as it passed by.. We found him GUILTY.. The next morning I read the paper where it showed over 30 previous convictions for various driving infractions and a previous conviction for shooting his flare gun at somebody else. He was sentence to 40 years by the judge.... YES, it was his third firearm conviction.. I guess he never learned the other times when he was obviously released early with the 10-20-life law..

Last edited by Jake92 on 2/17/2013, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Are jurors really that stupid? Empty Re: Are jurors really that stupid? 2/17/2013, 12:28 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:

you dont think for yourself. its apparent.

I havnt certified myself as an idiot. perhaps I have to idiots. but mostly i can carry on a deep conversation about many things. My IQ is above average even if you or many of the other posters dont think it. you base your assumptions of me on faulty guesses.

your hatred for me is something you have to deal with, because there is a underlying reason you hate me so much. and it has nothing to do with "me" .

Here's a little secret for you to chew on. I dont hate you. I pity you. and somtimes I feel bad for giving you such a hard time.

This above ^^^ is the reason I have chosen to deal with you with humor most of the time. sometimes you just piss me off because of your constant humilation attacks and I use what I know gets your goat to get to you.

other than that, I really dont even recall why you hate me so much. I just dont place as much value in it as you and some others to hold onto things for so long.

so have a good day. if its possible for you. I wish you the best. really.

btw, it was given to me a pic of you at work. congrats!

Are jurors really that stupid? Dreams17

21Are jurors really that stupid? Empty Re: Are jurors really that stupid? 2/17/2013, 12:35 pm

Jake92

Chrissy and Dreams....... PLEASE STOP THE ARGUEING. THE NEXT ONE TO SAY 1 WORD AGAINST THE OTHER IS TRUELY AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:

I havnt certified myself as an idiot. perhaps I have to idiots. but mostly i can carry on a deep conversation about many things. My IQ is above average even if you or many of the other posters dont think it. you base your assumptions of me on faulty guesses.

your hatred for me is something you have to deal with, because there is a underlying reason you hate me so much. and it has nothing to do with "me" .

Here's a little secret for you to chew on. I dont hate you. I pity you. and somtimes I feel bad for giving you such a hard time.

This above ^^^ is the reason I have chosen to deal with you with humor most of the time. sometimes you just piss me off because of your constant humilation attacks and I use what I know gets your goat to get to you.

other than that, I really dont even recall why you hate me so much. I just dont place as much value in it as you and some others to hold onto things for so long.

You came on this thread attacking me and as usual you play the victim. Why I don't like you has everything to do w/ you. You're a raging alcoholic and are mentally and emotionally unstable at times but that's my opinion based on my experiences w/ people like you. You're very vindictive and can't be trusted. The alcohol may play a part in your behavior but even when you're sober you're inappropriate.If you're smart then you've failed to show it by some of the things you say. I think more so you have a personality disorder which can't be fixed. Oh and let's not forget the immaturity you display for a middle age woman as evidenced by posting a picture of some unknown woman saying it's me. You've gone off the rails more times than I can count over nothing and always try to harm people. So it is very much about you whether you delude yourself or not.

Jake92

It only too 62 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:

You came on this thread attacking me and as usual you play the victim. Why I don't like you has everything to do w/ you. You're a raging alcoholic and are mentally and emotionally unstable at times but that's my opinion based on my experiences w/ people like you. You're very vindictive and can't be trusted. The alcohol may play a part in your behavior but even when you're sober you're inappropriate.If you're smart then you've failed to show it by some of the things you say. I think more so you have a personality disorder which can't be fixed. Oh and let's not forget the immaturity you display for a middle age woman as evidenced by posting a picture of some unknown woman saying it's me. You've gone off the rails more times than I can count over nothing and always try to harm people. So it is very much about you whether you delude yourself or not.

Are jurors really that stupid? Dreams18

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:

Are jurors really that stupid? Dreams18

Yup! Worked w/ too many Chrissy's to count.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum