Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The shutdown is getting really stupid

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.today.com/news/shutdown-denies-death-benefits-families-fallen-soldiers-8C11355842?ocid=msnhp&pos=1

Gosh... we thght closing open air monuments would solve the problem. Thank goodness 400k civilian defense employees went back to work yesterday and congress will pay them all during their furlough. You're easy.

I'm waiting for the roads and highways to close down. I get paid salary lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:Gosh... we thght closing open air monuments would solve the problem. Thank goodness 400k civilian defense employees went back to work yesterday and congress will pay them all during their furlough. You're easy.
Government has now redefined what the term "shutdown" means.
"Shutdown" is now defined as "when so little shuts down one cannot tell the difference between a shutdown and no shutdown". lol

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Gosh... we thght closing open air monuments would solve the problem. Thank goodness 400k civilian defense employees went back to work yesterday and congress will pay them all during their furlough. You're easy.
Government has now redefined what the term "shutdown" means.
"Shutdown" is now defined as "when so little shuts down one cannot tell the difference between a shutdown and no shutdown". lol
I think it was in total only a little over 15% of govt... well before 400k went back to work yesterday... not sure now.

Jake92

I just saw this on the Guardian of Valor website....

Government Shutdown Puts A Hold On Death Benefits For Fallen Soldiers Families
Posted on October 8, 2013 by Bulldog1
According to NBC, the Government shut down has placed a hold on death benefits to families of our Fallen Warriors. Usually within 36hrs of a Military members death, the family is sent $100,000 to help with immediate expenses, this includes the cost of going to Dover to witness the return of their loved ones in flag-draped coffins.

Five US Service members were killed over the weekend in Afghanistan, and according to NBC, they were notified that the benefits could not be paid at this time.

These Soldiers and Marines died fighting for us, and we are going to deny their families this benefit? If any of these families need help getting to Dover, or with anything else, please contact us. We will do what we can to help them, and to let them know that the sacrifice’s they have made are not in vain!!

This is a slap in the face to not only these Warriors, but also to the families. I will gladly give my paycheck to these families if that is what it takes!

NBC Correspondent Andrea Mitchell says the families got a phone call saying that the Government could not pay the benefit. I am just disgusted!

Sal

Sal

Oh, stop your belly-achin'.

Pkrbum assures us that's it's only 15% of government that's shutdown, and Congress has to have it priorities ...

Head Start programs have been shuttered, small businesses can’t get loans and hundreds of thousands of federal government employees are furloughed. But the exclusive gyms available only to members of Congress have remained open throughout the shutdown.

A House aide confirmed to ThinkProgress that the House member’s gym is open. The House gym features a swimming pool, basketball courts, paddleball courts, a sauna, a steam room and flat screen TVs. While towel service is unavailable, taxpayers remain on the hook for cleaning and maintenance, which has been performed daily throughout the shutdown. There are also costs associated with the power required to heat the pools and keep the lights on.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/10/08/2748461/members-only-congressional-gyms-deemed-essential-remain-open-during-shutdown/

The shutdown is getting really stupid Th?id=H.4951003214710293&w=250&h=122&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

The only reason the government is shut down is that the House Of Representatives gave Obama and the Democratic run Senate exactly what was promised... Obamacare will not cost the American taxpayer one thin dime as Obama promised.

Obama and the Democratic run Senate need to quit whining and sign the appropriations bill to let everyone get back to work... That is if they need to get back to work instead of getting a pink slip because they really aren't needed.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uj9sduV3k8

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum