Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gee-zus We are stupid!!!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! Empty Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! 10/18/2012, 7:21 am

We get a couple of billion from BP for the damage to the Gulf of Mexico. So we spend the money on concerts, PR ads, Hotel rebates and everything but the damage to the Gulf. Test the Sea Food? Oh Hell No. Who cares? Lets Party...... From North West Fla News

Gulf Seafood Testing Program To End Next Year
October 16, 2012
The Department of Agriculture will ask lawmakers to approve the use of the final $1.5 million from BP to continue a seafood testing program through October of next year.
The 2010 agreement – which expires in October of 2013 – provided a total of $10 million for the program to test seafood for ill effects of the 2010 BP oil spill. Just over $3.3 million has been spent, and another $5.1 million is budgeted for the current year.
State agencies had until Monday to submit proposed budgets for the coming year, and the Agriculture agency included the spending authority for the final installment of the BP money in its proposal. In particular, the agency’s testing program checks seafood for hydrocarbons, dispersants and heavy metals, and anticipates taking 80 samples of shellfish and finfish per month.
“Failure to adequately fund this work will result in decreased consumer confidence in purchasing and eating Florida gulf seafood, lack of scientific evidence that can be shared with the public and other entities to confirm that Florida gulf seafood is safe to consume, and potentially place the consumer at risk for the consumption of Florida gulf seafood that has not been consistently tested,” the agency said

2Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! Empty Re: Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! 10/18/2012, 7:34 am

what a shame.

the gov just dosnt know how to manage money.

3Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! Empty Re: Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! 10/18/2012, 7:47 am

It is us!!!! I will take my share of the blame. People need to jump up and down and demand results. Almost a 1000 people paid a close to a 1000 dollars to get VIP treatment at a concert,a million dollars, over 5,000 people per night attended a damn baseball game.

But when it comes to something important we just dont give a damn. Back page news in a 2nd rated on-line newspaper.

Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRqQLkaZM0YFUdoKPdszNTq-FTgiSNJJU4GE3-OIRZJk6A59rvzg

4Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! Empty Re: Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! 10/18/2012, 7:52 am

[quote=\"hallmarkgrad\"]It is us!!!! I will take my share of the blame. People need to jump up and down and demand results. Almost a 1000 people paid a close to a 1000 dollars to get VIP treatment at a concert,a million dollars, over 5,000 people per night attended a damn baseball game.

But when it comes to something important we just dont give a damn. Back page news in a 2nd rated on-line newspaper.

Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRqQLkaZM0YFUdoKPdszNTq-FTgiSNJJU4GE3-OIRZJk6A59rvzg[/quote]

I agree 1000% with you. What you just said has always been one of my biggest pet peaves.

what is wrong with people who would spend or even suggest spending that kind of money when the necessary things are ot taken care of first.

the priorities in this country are screwed up.

5Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! Empty Re: Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! 10/18/2012, 1:59 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:We get a couple of billion from BP for the damage to the Gulf of Mexico. So we spend the money on concerts, PR ads, Hotel rebates and everything but the damage to the Gulf. Test the Sea Food? Oh Hell No. Who cares? Lets Party...... From North West Fla News

Gulf Seafood Testing Program To End Next Year
October 16, 2012
The Department of Agriculture will ask lawmakers to approve the use of the final $1.5 million from BP to continue a seafood testing program through October of next year.
The 2010 agreement – which expires in October of 2013 – provided a total of $10 million for the program to test seafood for ill effects of the 2010 BP oil spill. Just over $3.3 million has been spent, and another $5.1 million is budgeted for the current year.
State agencies had until Monday to submit proposed budgets for the coming year, and the Agriculture agency included the spending authority for the final installment of the BP money in its proposal. In particular, the agency’s testing program checks seafood for hydrocarbons, dispersants and heavy metals, and anticipates taking 80 samples of shellfish and finfish per month.
“Failure to adequately fund this work will result in decreased consumer confidence in purchasing and eating Florida gulf seafood, lack of scientific evidence that can be shared with the public and other entities to confirm that Florida gulf seafood is safe to consume, and potentially place the consumer at risk for the consumption of Florida gulf seafood that has not been consistently tested,” the agency said

I agree with what you've said here 100%. One thing that really jumps out at me is that the sample size seems grossly small, considering the area affected. Eighty samples of finfish and shellfish per month?? Excuse me, but that just seems fucking crazy to me. You all are getting screwed (and I do not mean in the nice way). What a damned shame.

6Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! Empty Re: Gee-zus We are stupid!!!! 10/18/2012, 3:44 pm

Yella

Yella

Rogue wrote:what a shame.

the gov just dosnt know how to manage money.

I wonder how much of this money was sucked up by the GOBs

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum