Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have an idea. Dreams, Chrissy and I can go to the chat room and hash this out

+5
bghlaw0371
Watcher
gulfbeachbandit
boards of FL
PBulldog2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Chrissy wrote:
riceme wrote:DAMMIT! I missed our chat! I went to town and on a whim stopped at the humane society and got all carried away, and ended up adopting my new, beautiful, sweet kitty, who is posted above. I was so excited about Blue Kitty, I got to playing and snuggling her that I totally forgot to log in. I'sowwy! Sad

its ok, between the holidays and work. im pooped.

cute kitty

Reschedule?? Did anyone log in? I'll email T and let him know.

Kitty is sooo sweet and lovey. She has simmered down already and is just laying on my chest while I type away, just like Kitty used to do. Her personality and disposition are so much like Kitty's it is just uncanny. I'm so glad she's here... my house no longer feels like a big ole depressing tomb.

cat

Yella

Yella

Watcher wrote:This forum is taken way too seriously by some folks, I think. It's just a forum. It's not real life. Smile

Plus there is an element of those who just enjoy stirring the kettle to see if it will boil over.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Dreamsglore wrote:I think you have to have a reasonable expectation of getting called names on a forum. People who have low self esteem are not good candidates to post on forums. I don't get how nameless,faceless people can have an impact on anybody. Most people say stuff they have no clue about and tell lies anyway.If anybody takes this stuff seriously then they need to practice esteem building because they're seriously lacking in it.

I have an idea. Dreams, Chrissy and I can go to the chat room and hash this out - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr5-mL_xEuwH0rDyZsy7a-FcoEszATQTEiic4hyVA4c6tyPwuM9Q

Well!..... That explains some of your problems.

Have anything else you want to confess?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umaLe37-LE

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I think you have to have a reasonable expectation of getting called names on a forum. People who have low self esteem are not good candidates to post on forums. I don't get how nameless,faceless people can have an impact on anybody. Most people say stuff they have no clue about and tell lies anyway.If anybody takes this stuff seriously then they need to practice esteem building because they're seriously lacking in it.

I have an idea. Dreams, Chrissy and I can go to the chat room and hash this out - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr5-mL_xEuwH0rDyZsy7a-FcoEszATQTEiic4hyVA4c6tyPwuM9Q

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Shut up,creepy.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Shut up,creepy.

Yep! You're off to a good start darlin'..... Hey! Want to see my battle scar?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fulz4ytZ54

Laughing

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 12/29/2012, 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

That;s one gorgeous, lucky kitty, Riceme I am so glad you finally decided to make that trip! Is that a degree of kitty mischievousness I see in her gold eyes? Laughing

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!

Love you both!

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I'm sorry I missed the meeting......I fixed up hubby then went to bed aroudn 1800 myself. Woke up this morning with a migraine. Out came the does of Benadryl, here come some silly posts.....!

Plus, I go work at 1900. Ugh.

How bout a fun meeting on New Years Day? For an hour or so? Talk about what we plan to change for New Year's?

PBulldog2 wrote:I'm sorry I missed the meeting......I fixed up hubby then went to bed aroudn 1800 myself. Woke up this morning with a migraine. Out came the does of Benadryl, here come some silly posts.....!

How bout a fun meeting on New Years Day? For an hour or so? Talk about what we plan to change for New Year's?

New years day is my least fav day in the world. I dont expect to be in much of a mood, but if you guys chat perhaps ill peek and see.

plus, im not sitting in there talking to myself again Laughing

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:I'm sorry I missed the meeting......I fixed up hubby then went to bed aroudn 1800 myself. Woke up this morning with a migraine. Out came the does of Benadryl, here come some silly posts.....!

New years day is my least fav day in the world. I dont expect to be in much of a mood, but if you guys chat perhaps ill peek and see.

I know the chat room is open all the time, but how about all of us checking in off and on on New Year's Day?

One of my classic migraines has really hit me this morning. ...I suppose it's the let-down from Christmas, yada, yada. I knew I wasn't feeling up to par when I went to bed.

Pour, pour me. Pour me another cup of coffee.......!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PBulldog2 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I know the chat room is open all the time, but how about all of us checking in off and on on New Year's Day?

One of my classic migraines has really hit me this morning. ...I suppose it's the let-down from Christmas, yada, yada. I knew I wasn't feeling up to par when I went to bed.

Pour, pour me. Pour me another cup of coffee.......!

Sorry you feel bad PB...try Excedrin with a little milk.

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Shut up,creepy.

Yep! You're off to a good start darlin'..... Hey! Want to see my battle scar?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fulz4ytZ54

Laughing

I have an idea. Dreams, Chrissy and I can go to the chat room and hash this out - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa6nA-AomjIDI-1MEOLhqHBH2BUy-f-OmAzO5ofKMW1YFLzmMb

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVRzk3VWOKY ?????

Very Happy

PBulldog2 wrote:That;s one gorgeous, lucky kitty, Riceme I am so glad you finally decided to make that trip! Is that a degree of kitty mischievousness I see in her gold eyes? Laughing

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!

Love you both!

She is indeed a very beautiful kitty, and yes, she is a little mischievous, but just the right amount. She shows no interest in any kitty toys, and far prefers to play with an open paper bag on the floor, just like my Sweet Kitty used to. She wore herself out and is now happily purring on my chest again while I type away on the keyboard.

Love you too, Mama PB!

I love you cat I love you cat

I'm in! And this time I'll put it on my darned calendar so I don't flake-out like last time.

Embarassed

Propose a time and we'll see what works for everyone who's also "in."

Chrissy wrote:

Sorry I let you down, Chrissy. I was just so excited about my new buddy. Embarassed Shoot, I was even here and remembered 15-minutes before-hand, then got all tangled up in my new Blue Kitty excitement. Sorry, sweetie.

As I mentioned above, I won't be a no-show again... I'll put it on my calendar this time so I'm not a big, dummy flake. Sad

riceme wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Sorry I let you down, Chrissy. I was just so excited about my new buddy. Embarassed Shoot, I was even here and remembered 15-minutes before-hand, then got all tangled up in my new Blue Kitty excitement. Sorry, sweetie.

As I mentioned above, I won't be a no-show again... I'll put it on my calendar this time so I'm not a big, dummy flake. Sad

Are you kidding me? You havnt let me down. I think most of us were preoccupied with one thing or another, or not feeling well. Its all good pretty lady. I love you

Im so happy you got you a cute little kitty pet. Smile

Be ready to tell some stories about that kitty. I know im not the only one who enjoys your stories.

[img]I have an idea. Dreams, Chrissy and I can go to the chat room and hash this out - Page 3 Hug14[/img]

Joanimaroni wrote:

Sorry you feel bad PB...try Excedrin with a little milk.

I second that. I'm no nurse like Maroni is, but having spent the almost the past 37-years suffering from migraines, I am something of a reluctant expert on the subject. Excedrin Migraine or even regular Excedrin should hopefully do the trick.

Also stay away from the tv and computer monitor, and try to lie in a quiet, dark room until it's gone. I always put a cold washrag over my eyes and forehead to both block out the sunlight and cool my eyes and head. I only ever sip clear liquids while I have a migraine (chicken broth and Sprite are the only things that ever sound good to me... and I never otherwise want or drink soda), but uncontrollable (by any medication) projectile vomiting also accompanies my migraines.

Should you not have any Excedrin around the house, see below:

Active ingredients of Excedrin Extra Strength (couldn't find the regular kind for some reason): 250mg acetaminophen, 250mg aspirin and 65mg caffeine (per each).

Active ingredients of Excedrin Migraine: acetaminophen 200 mg, aspirin 250 mg, caffeine 65 mg (per each).

I feel for you, and hope you're feeling better very soon. Crying or Very sad

Chrissy wrote:
Are you kidding me? You havnt let me down. I think most of us were preoccupied with one thing or another, or not feeling well. Its all good pretty lady. I love you

Im so happy you got you a cute little kitty pet. Smile

Be ready to tell some stories about that kitty. I know im not the only one who enjoys your stories.

[img]I have an idea. Dreams, Chrissy and I can go to the chat room and hash this out - Page 3 Hug14[/img]

Aww, I'm glad you don't think I let ya down, girly. Thank you... I really felt badly.

In just 24-hours, my beautiful Blue Kitty has already brought so much joy and love into what has felt like a depressing tomb of doom and gloom for about 6-months since Kitty was killed by that bobcat. She is so sweet, cuddly, snuggly, curious about all those birdies chirping outside, playful and loving. And, just like Kitty, she comes when I call out, "Blue Kitty!" which is what I want to train her for when it finally comes time to let her out of the house, which will be at least a couple of months. She's been shuttled around from the property she was trapped on to a kill shelter to the local humane society, and back and forth from one of the gals there's homes... all since October. I want to make damn well sure she knows that THIS is HOME and I am Mama before I ever let her out of the house. And *unlike* Kitty she behaves when I tell her, "NO, Blue!" when she gets up somewhere she shouldn't be. Goood kitty!!

I sincerely doubt that anyone else enjoys my rambling stories. But, I don't much care. I like hearing and telling stories, as it's far more interesting than arguing on these darned forums!

cat

Last edited by riceme on 12/30/2012, 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Well ladies...our party ended up being a surprise for all of us...my niece and her boyfriend drove in from Winston-Salem. This was her first Christmas away from home and she couldn't stand it. The last count was 26 people. We had so much fun we are doing it again tomorrow night. Shocked

Joanimaroni wrote:Well ladies...our party ended up being a surprise for all of us...my niece and her boyfriend drove in from Winston-Salem. This was her first Christmas away from home and she couldn't stand it. The last count was 26 people. We had so much fun we are doing it again tomorrow night. Shocked

What a wonderful surprise, Joani. I very well remember my first Christmas away from home. It was my first year in college up in Humboldt, and as low man on the totem pole, had to work through the winter break. I lived in a big house with three roommates but they'd all gone home for the holiday, as had everyone else I knew up there at the time. It was a gloomy, cold, rainy day up there (as usual!), and in a big empty house, I was sooo sad.

Since then I have spent many holidays away from my family. It always hurt, but I became used to it and nearly always have had friends with which to spend the holidays.

That was the worst Christmas I've ever had, and I can relate to her feelings. I'm so glad that she drove down at the last minute to share the holiday with her family.

rendeer santa rendeer santa

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

riceme wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Well ladies...our party ended up being a surprise for all of us...my niece and her boyfriend drove in from Winston-Salem. This was her first Christmas away from home and she couldn't stand it. The last count was 26 people. We had so much fun we are doing it again tomorrow night. Shocked

What a wonderful surprise, Joani. I very well remember my first Christmas away from home. It was my first year in college up in Humboldt, and as low man on the totem pole, had to work through the winter break. I lived in a big house with three roommates but they'd all gone home for the holiday, as had everyone else I knew up there at the time. It was a gloomy, cold, rainy day up there (as usual!), and in a big empty house, I was sooo sad.

Since then I have spent many holidays away from my family. It always hurt, but I became used to it and nearly always have had friends with which to spend the holidays.

That was the worst Christmas I've ever had, and I can relate to her feelings. I'm so glad that she drove down at the last minute to share the holiday with her family.

rendeer santa rendeer santa

She thought she could handle it...but the closer it came to Christmas the more upset she became. At least she stayed busy and was working 24 hour shifts.

Joanimaroni wrote:
She thought she could handle it...but the closer it came to Christmas the more upset she became.

I can completely relate to that.

Joanimaroni wrote:
At least she stayed busy and was working 24 hour shifts.

Uhh, I only wish I'd been able to work 12, 16, or even 24-hour shifts at that time. But at the time I was team-teaching in a local preschool and during the holiday was working ~8-hours/day. I took as much additional work doing babysitting for "my" kids' parents at the time, but Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day especially, were a real bitch.

Did she follow in your footsteps? A nurse, perhaps?? I love you

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

riceme wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
She thought she could handle it...but the closer it came to Christmas the more upset she became.

I can completely relate to that.

Joanimaroni wrote:
At least she stayed busy and was working 24 hour shifts.

Uhh, I only wish I'd been able to work 12, 16, or even 24-hour shifts at that time. But at the time I was team-teaching in a local preschool and during the holiday was working ~8-hours/day. I took as much additional work doing babysitting for "my" kids' parents at the time, but Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day especially, were a real bitch.

Did she follow in your footsteps? A nurse, perhaps?? I love you

Those damn pre-schoolers can't stay up for 24 hours.

She's is doing a 7 year vascular surgery residency.

Joanimaroni wrote:

Damn preschoolers! lol

WOW, that is quite an impressive undertaking! You all must be extremely proud of her.

Hey, I have a medical question for you of sorts... sorta. Veterinarian, to be precise. Laughing

My new Blue Kitty had the sniffles when she was @the humane society and I am finishing up her round of antibiotics. Unfortunately, the gal's directions were extremely unclear and instead of filling the bottle w/14mL of H2O (well, I actually did that part... figured it out on my own), last night I dosed Blue Kitty (8-1/2 lbs, ~9-mos) with 6mL instead of ONE mL. I read her instructions to dose her w/14mL/day but thought, "No f'ing WAY!" And just gave her six. Uhh, "OOPSIE!" Read the enclosure just now and saw the error. She seems perfectly fine, but would this be similar to a human getting a Z-Pack or high-dosage of antibiotics, or do I need to worry?

I used to vet my own large animals but don't have any experience w/small animals at all, which I figure in this case might be akin to nursing or doctoring a baby. Fortunately, Kitty only ever got sick once in her 16-years and I rushed her to the vet (on Creighton (?) near 9th) because I truly thought she was dying. Vet said she'd probably gotten bitten by, ate, or both, a venomous spider. Crying or Very sad

Of course this question is open to anyone else who might be able to help as well.

Thank you! cat

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

riceme wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Damn preschoolers! lol

WOW, that is quite an impressive undertaking! You all must be extremely proud of her.

Hey, I have a medical question for you of sorts... sorta. Veterinarian, to be precise. Laughing

My new Blue Kitty had the sniffles when she was @the humane society and I am finishing up her round of antibiotics. Unfortunately, the gal's directions were extremely unclear and instead of filling the bottle w/14mL of H2O (well, I actually did that part... figured it out on my own), last night I dosed Blue Kitty (8-1/2 lbs, ~9-mos) with 6mL instead of ONE mL. I read her instructions to dose her w/14mL/day but thought, "No f'ing WAY!" And just gave her six. Uhh, "OOPSIE!" Read the enclosure just now and saw the error. She seems perfectly fine, but would this be similar to a human getting a Z-Pack or high-dosage of antibiotics, or do I need to worry?

I used to vet my own large animals but don't have any experience w/small animals at all, which I figure in this case might be akin to nursing or doctoring a baby. Fortunately, Kitty only ever got sick once in her 16-years and I rushed her to the vet (on Creighton (?) near 9th) because I truly thought she was dying. Vet said she'd probably gotten bitten by, ate, or both, a venomous spider. Crying or Very sad

Of course this question is open to anyone else who might be able to help as well.

Thank you! cat

She got a big dose...don't worry just give her the regular amount tomorrow (don't hold off because of the large dose) you have to maintain a constant blood level for the antibiotics to work.

Joanimaroni wrote:
She got a big dose...don't worry just give her the regular amount tomorrow (don't hold off because of the large dose) you have to maintain a constant blood level for the antibiotics to work.

She sure did get a big dose. Hell, I'm just glad I didn't give her the full 14mL the written instructions SEEM to tell me I should have!

I did go ahead and put 1mL into a little bit of milk tonight, to maintain levels, but it's good to hear from a professional that it was the right thing to do. Thank you! I've been watching her closely, and she seems just fine all the way around, including trips to her pine-pellet litter box.

Thanks again, Joani. You rule. And Blue Kitty thanks you, too Smile.

cat "Mrrrrow!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum