Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have an idea. Dreams, Chrissy and I can go to the chat room and hash this out

+5
bghlaw0371
Watcher
gulfbeachbandit
boards of FL
PBulldog2
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

We can't meet face to face, but a chat room is a little better was to communicate in real time. We have to do something to stop the Dreams/Chrissy/PB war of words.

So....what time, girls? You tell me. I'll be around until tomorrow evening, though I am due for my daily siesta right now.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PBulldog2 wrote:We can't meet face to face, but a chat room is a little better was to communicate in real time. We have to do something to stop the Dreams/Chrissy/PB war of words.

So....what time, girls? You tell me. I'll be around until tomorrow evening.

I'm already in there!

PBulldog2 wrote:We can't meet face to face, but a chat room is a little better was to communicate in real time. We have to do something to stop the Dreams/Chrissy/PB war of words.

So....what time, girls? You tell me. I'll be around until tomorrow evening, though I am due for my daily siesta right now.

There's nothing to hash out,PB. I don't why you stuck your nose in this. She knows why there is no love here. I have nothing to say to her I already haven't said.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Social awkwardness is often the curse of genius. Probably not the case here though.

Watcher

Watcher

This forum is taken way too seriously by some folks, I think. It's just a forum. It's not real life. Smile

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Wow. We both got negs for that really fast. DIdn't we watcher?

bghlaw0371

Watcher wrote:This forum is taken way too seriously by some folks, I think. It's just a forum. It's not real life. Smile

Indeed so.

PB, I worked late tonight and havnt been home long.

I am wiling to do it but I dont think it will work.

I thank you for being the person you are. You are very kind. [img]I have an idea. Dreams, Chrissy and I can go to the chat room and hash this out Hug13[/img]

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PB is a good person, Chrissy.

I'm in awe at your positive rep!!!!!

Hang in there girlfriend! Don't want to see you leave again!!!

Watcher wrote:This forum is taken way too seriously by some folks, I think. It's just a forum. It's not real life. Smile

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I just gave you a +....

Has it come down to the point of being insipid....?

Signed,

Capt. Obvious

stormwatch89 wrote:PB is a good person, Chrissy.

I'm in awe at your positive rep!!!!!

Hang in there girlfriend! Don't want to see you leave again!!!

Thank you Stormy.

I have been here pretty much the entire time, just not very active.

The arguments dont garner my attention like they used to and many of the topics are not of much interest to me so I poke in when I see something grab my attention Smile

All's well with me, I think maybe the rock got rolled so much already most of the ruff edges are gone Wink .....maybe.....

bghlaw0371 wrote:

Indeed so.

I will agree wholeheartedly that these forums are taken way too seriously by some folks, but I take issue with the statement that it's not real life. I believe that (at least partially) it is just that sort of thinking that causes some people to be so abusive, ugly and hateful to others here. And yeah, that's another thing to remember... there are actual people with real feelings and emotions at the other end of these forum handles and avatars.

Personally, I don't care too much if someone here hates me or what have you. But I don't have a whole lot invested in this forum, and when shit starts to happen here that upsets me, I just leave for a while. But honestly, I don't care too much if there should be someone in my personal life who hated me either... just don't give a damn. Their issue, not mine. Other people aren't built that way and get their feelings hurt and all other sorts of emotions. I think that's valid.

...Anyhow, my 2 cents.

bghlaw0371

riceme wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:

Indeed so.

I will agree wholeheartedly that these forums are taken way too seriously by some folks, but I take issue with the statement that it's not real life. I believe that (at least partially) it is just that sort of thinking that causes some people to be so abusive, ugly and hateful to others here. And yeah, that's another thing to remember... there are actual people with real feelings and emotions at the other end of these forum handles and avatars.

Personally, I don't care too much if someone here hates me or what have you. But I don't have a whole lot invested in this forum, and when shit starts to happen here that upsets me, I just leave for a while. But honestly, I don't care too much if there should be someone in my personal life who hated me either... just don't give a damn. Their issue, not mine. Other people aren't built that way and get their feelings hurt and all other sorts of emotions. I think that's valid.

...Anyhow, my 2 cents.

Now Rice, that was at least 4 cents worth and you know it....

In "real life", most of these folks would not conduct themselves in the manner that they tend to on a forum.

Would you not agree? Give me 2.5 more cents worth.

riceme wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:

Indeed so.

...Anyhow, my 2 cents.

Hey, I went into the chat room and all those convos we had were still in there. Very Happy that was a real treat, i got a big laugh out of some of that. fun night... need a little bit more of that and a little less of some other things.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

riceme wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:

Indeed so.

...Anyhow, my 2 cents.

I hear ya, Chrissy and am glad you have found your "place".

Riceme, I couldn't agree more on the abuse topic, but some of us just haven't developed that thick skin and yes, it can hurt. People need to realize that!

Like you, I turn it off when the wounds are deep, but they still smart.

It doesn't seem that we would be that hurtful in person....I'd like to believe, anyway.

bghlaw0371

stormwatch89 wrote:
riceme wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:

Indeed so.

...Anyhow, my 2 cents.

It doesn't seem that we would be that hurtful in person....I'd like to believe, anyway.

Bingo

bghlaw0371 wrote:

In "real life", most of these folks would not conduct themselves in the manner that they tend to on a forum.

Ha ha... Thanks, bgh.

I would goddamn well hope that these folks would not conduct themselves in the same manner they do on forums in their personal interactions. Unfortunately, I have worked with some pretty hateful, spiteful, lying, backstabbing people during my career (some real stories there!)... and sometimes I am reminded of them when I see some of the ugly comments directed at others here. That being said, I suspect that they are cowards and that this is a target-rich environment for them, as they see the members as nameless, faceless targets they can abuse anonymously. I liken that to a suckerpunch. Or worse yet, many.

Did I make it to 2.5 cents?? Suspect

Chrissy wrote:

Hey, I went into the chat room and all those convos we had were still in there. Very Happy that was a real treat, i got a big laugh out of some of that. fun night... need a little bit more of that and a little less of some other things.

I did that once when I couldn't sleep. It was fun... We should set a chat time when some of us can log in. Good times, good times. Cool

stormwatch89 wrote:

I hear ya, Chrissy and am glad you have found your "place".

Riceme, I couldn't agree more on the abuse topic, but some of us just haven't developed that thick skin and yes, it can hurt. People need to realize that!

Like you, I turn it off when the wounds are deep, but they still smart.

When a thread turn ugly I stop reading it. When the forum falls into general mayhem, I take a hiatus.

I'd also like to believe that folks wouldn't be that hurtful in person, but see my above (two up).

I think you have to have a reasonable expectation of getting called names on a forum. People who have low self esteem are not good candidates to post on forums. I don't get how nameless,faceless people can have an impact on anybody. Most people say stuff they have no clue about and tell lies anyway.If anybody takes this stuff seriously then they need to practice esteem building because they're seriously lacking in it.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

That would be fun! I'm game.

It's amazing how people lose their one-dimensional "avatar" status and become real.

Tomorrow evening, sometime?

bghlaw0371

riceme wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:

Ha ha... Thanks, bgh.

I would goddamn well hope that these folks would not conduct themselves in the same manner they do on forums in their personal interactions. Unfortunately, I have worked with some pretty hateful, spiteful, lying, backstabbing people during my career (some real stories there!)... and sometimes I am reminded of them when I see some of the ugly comments directed at others here. That being said, I suspect that they are cowards and that this is a target-rich environment for them, as they see the members as nameless, faceless targets they can abuse anonymously. I liken that to a suckerpunch. Or worse yet, many.

Did I make it to 2.5 cents?? Suspect

Well, actually you hit the 4 cent mark, but that's o.k...all's well.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:I think you have to have a reasonable expectation of getting called names on a forum. People who have low self esteem are not good candidates to post on forums. I don't get how nameless,faceless people can have an impact on anybody. Most people say stuff they have no clue about and tell lies anyway.If anybody takes this stuff seriously then they need to practice esteem building because they're seriously lacking in it.

Well. There's the answer.
dreams thinks you deserve to be lied to and called names just for coming here. And usually, she's the one starting the lies and name calling.

PBulldog2 wrote:That would be fun! I'm game.

It's amazing how people lose their one-dimensional "avatar" status and become real.

Tomorrow evening, sometime?

I'm in. Chrissy, what's your availability? Teo usually likes to chat with us, and... who else?? Umm, Pacedog. And nochain logged in once.

Where is Teo?? Haven't seen him around in a couple days. Maybe I'll shoot him an email and check on him.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Dreamsglore wrote:I think you have to have a reasonable expectation of getting called names on a forum. People who have low self esteem are not good candidates to post on forums. I don't get how nameless,faceless people can have an impact on anybody. Most people say stuff they have no clue about and tell lies anyway.If anybody takes this stuff seriously then they need to practice esteem building because they're seriously lacking in it.

Why do you assume most people tell lies on a forum? Are you including yourself in the "most people tell lies" category?

Most people who have good self esteem don't go around bullying others, Dreams. They do it to bolster their own sagging self esteem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum