Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have an idea. Dreams, Chrissy and I can go to the chat room and hash this out

+5
bghlaw0371
Watcher
gulfbeachbandit
boards of FL
PBulldog2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

riceme wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:

Now Rice, that was at least 4 cents worth and you know it....

In "real life", most of these folks would not conduct themselves in the manner that they tend to on a forum.

Would you not agree? Give me 2.5 more cents worth.

Ha ha... Thanks, bgh.

I would goddamn well hope that these folks would not conduct themselves in the same manner they do on forums in their personal interactions. Unfortunately, I have worked with some pretty hateful, spiteful, lying, backstabbing people during my career (some real stories there!)... and sometimes I am reminded of them when I see some of the ugly comments directed at others here. That being said, I suspect that they are cowards and that this is a target-rich environment for them, as they see the members as nameless, faceless targets they can abuse anonymously. I liken that to a suckerpunch. Or worse yet, many.

Did I make it to 2.5 cents?? Suspect

Great post.... I would call that at least 3 cents worth.

I would have to believe some people here do not possess the skills needed to develop real and long-lasting personal relations off the forum.

PBulldog2 wrote:That would be fun! I'm game.

It's amazing how people lose their one-dimensional "avatar" status and become real.

Tomorrow evening, sometime?

Im in if yall are gonna chat live tomorow. I should be home by 6

if thats not a good time for yall, let me know. it would be great to catch up.

bghlaw0371

Joanimaroni wrote:
riceme wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:

Now Rice, that was at least 4 cents worth and you know it....

In "real life", most of these folks would not conduct themselves in the manner that they tend to on a forum.

Would you not agree? Give me 2.5 more cents worth.

Ha ha... Thanks, bgh.

Did I make it to 2.5 cents?? Suspect

I would have to believe some people here do not possess the skills needed to develop real and long-lasting personal relations off the forum.

Well, damnit, we need to come up with some way to measure how much her posts are worth.

Should we look at number of words, veracity, emotion?

PBulldog2 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I think you have to have a reasonable expectation of getting called names on a forum. People who have low self esteem are not good candidates to post on forums. I don't get how nameless,faceless people can have an impact on anybody. Most people say stuff they have no clue about and tell lies anyway.If anybody takes this stuff seriously then they need to practice esteem building because they're seriously lacking in it.

Why do you assume most people tell lies on a forum? Are you including yourself in the "most people tell lies" category?

Most people who have good self esteem don't go around bullying others, Dreams. They do it to bolster their own sagging self esteem.

Is that why you put your nose in and started calling names?

Joanimaroni wrote:

Thank you, Joani. Sadly, I tend to agree with you about some folks' skills to develop relationships on OR off the forums. Wish it weren't so.

riceme wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:That would be fun! I'm game.

It's amazing how people lose their one-dimensional "avatar" status and become real.

Tomorrow evening, sometime?

I'm in. Chrissy, what's your availability? Teo usually likes to chat with us, and... who else?? Umm, Pacedog. And nochain logged in once.

Where is Teo?? Haven't seen him around in a couple days. Maybe I'll shoot him an email and check on him.

Im in...yes, get Teo, I never gave him back his penis from the last chat LOL

Chrissy wrote:
Im in...yes, get Teo, I never gave him back his penis from the last chat LOL

Just emailed him. Hopefully I'll hear back from him and he'll be available to join us.

Oh, and knowing T, he'll be needing that back. Laughing

Heard back from T. He's super busy having to cover for everyone for the holidays, but will do his best to join us tomorrow in the chat room:

Eastern: 1800 hrs
Central: 1700 hrs
Pacific: 1500 hrs

boards of FL

boards of FL

I have an idea. Dreams, Chrissy and I can go to the chat room and hash this out - Page 2 SRmT0

Hey, it's 1500 my time. No complaints here. Besides, I'd guess if Chrissy and Teo are gonna have a drink, it'll be at home, and PB don't drink no more.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Crying or Very sad And I'm having 20 people over for dinner.

Joanimaroni wrote: Crying or Very sad And I'm having 20 people over for dinner.

Holy smokes! That's a lot of work, Joani. What are you making??

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Appetizers, Chili, cornbread, and hot dogs and left-over desserts... Everyone wanted a non-Christmas stress free get together at my house Shocked

Joanimaroni wrote:Appetizers, Chili, cornbread, and hot dogs and left-over desserts... Everyone wanted a non-Christmas stress free get together at my house Shocked

Well that doesn't sound too bad! I know you've put on feeds for that many people that were a lot more difficult, as my mom has as well. She always gets stressed and a little snappy, but MAN that woman can cook!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have it down to a science!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Appetizers, Chili, cornbread, and hot dogs and left-over desserts... Everyone wanted a non-Christmas stress free get together at my house Shocked

A stress-free party loaded up with munchies? Are you guys going to be smoking some doobies, joanimaroni?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:

A stress-free party loaded up with munchies? Are you guys going to be smoking some doobies, joanimaroni?

I don't think so.

Watcher

Watcher

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I don't think so.

You should! Very Happy

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I'll do my best to be there.....I have a sick hubby to tend to, and I'm not feeling so chipper myself today. Crying or Very sad

PBulldog2 wrote:I'll do my best to be there.....I have a sick hubby to tend to, and I'm not feeling so chipper myself today. Crying or Very sad

Hope you feel better. Huggles.

and Joanie, sounds like your dinner is stress free for everyone but you.

Look forward to chatting. Smile

I will be having a drink, but I will be being NICE. Very Happy

Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:I'll do my best to be there.....I have a sick hubby to tend to, and I'm not feeling so chipper myself today. Crying or Very sad

No new news for you, PB, but load-up on that VitC, Zinc, lots of clear fluids, &c. Hope you all are feeling better soon. Crying or Very sad

Oh, and I went to town today and adopted a new, beautiful, sweet, new blue kitty (yay!). While I was in town I picked up some groceries including a couple bottles of wine. So, I'll be joining Chrissy in a drink with a good glass of Petite Sirah. YUM!

Here's my new sweetie. She needs a good brushing, as I adopted her from the local humane society, but I can't seem to find my kitty brush. :-[.

I have an idea. Dreams, Chrissy and I can go to the chat room and hash this out - Page 2 28Dec2012_NewBlueKitty

Last edited by riceme on 12/28/2012, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy wrote:

No stress....everything is done.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

No stress....everything is done.

Youve always been braver than me. 20 people would so stress me out at my house. What a Face

DAMMIT! I missed our chat! I went to town and on a whim stopped at the humane society and got all carried away, and ended up adopting my new, beautiful, sweet kitty, who is posted above. I was so excited about Blue Kitty, I got to playing and snuggling her that I totally forgot to log in. I'sowwy! Sad

riceme wrote:DAMMIT! I missed our chat! I went to town and on a whim stopped at the humane society and got all carried away, and ended up adopting my new, beautiful, sweet kitty, who is posted above. I was so excited about Blue Kitty, I got to playing and snuggling her that I totally forgot to log in. I'sowwy! Sad

its ok, between the holidays and work. im pooped.

cute kitty

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum