Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My answer to Dreams

+8
Watcher
gulfbeachbandit
Nekochan
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
PBulldog2
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1My answer to Dreams Empty My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 11:19 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

On another thread, Dreams rudely accused me of having nebulous "mental problems." She wrote this as if it is a reason to attack my credibility as well as shun my opinions as the mere musings of a madwoman.

The answer, Dreams, is yes. I have struggled with depression for nearly 25 years, with one episode of major depression in 1999 that lasted for over a year. However, this reality does not define who I am today. I am not ashamed of having had depression. I am not ashamed for having what Dreams loosely defines as "mental problems."

The upside is I have become a strong advocate for those who live with mental illness. In that sense, my own illness has made me stronger. As I have written before, I believe that, given time, a person's greatest weakness can become a person's greatest strength.

So there you have it, Dreams. Do with this what you will.

2My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 11:34 am

PBulldog2 wrote:On another thread, Dreams rudely accused me of having nebulous "mental problems." She wrote this as if it is a reason to attack my credibility as well as shun my opinions as the mere musings of a madwoman.

The answer, Dreams, is yes. I have struggled with depression for nearly 25 years, with one episode of major depression in 1999 that lasted for over a year. However, this reality does not define who I am today. I am not ashamed of having had depression. I am not ashamed for having what Dreams loosely defines as "mental problems."

The upside is I have become a strong advocate for those who live with mental illness. In that sense, my own illness has made me stronger. As I have written before, I believe that, given time, a person's greatest weakness can become a person's greatest strength.

When someone with the ignorance of 'nightmare' can get to you on a personal level and you feel compelled to explain/defend a very private area of you life...Don't allow that freakshow to be in a position to judge or make you explain anything...

3My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 11:44 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

newswatcher wrote:

When someone with the ignorance of 'nightmare' can get to you on a personal level and you feel compelled to explain/defend a very private area of you life...Don't allow that freakshow to be in a position to judge or make you explain anything...
I dunno. She called me "goober". And for hillbillies like me, being called that is like being called the "n" word. It cut me to the quick.
I thought liberals were supposed to be more tolerant of others. I thought it was only conservatives who resort to that sort of thing. I guess not.

4My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 11:53 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

newswatcher wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:On another thread, Dreams rudely accused me of having nebulous "mental problems." She wrote this as if it is a reason to attack my credibility as well as shun my opinions as the mere musings of a madwoman.

Your comment made me smile, Newswatcher. Very Happy In no way did I feel compelled to defend myself from Dream's accusation. In fact, I confirmed it for her.

Actually, this isn't a private issue for me. I'm pretty outspoken about it in real life. My employer is aware, for one thing. Also, as a member of NAMI, I think it helps others when people speak out about their own lives, their own challenges. It helps fight the stigma associated with mental illness.

But thank you just the same. pirat

5My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 11:54 am

Bob wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

I dunno. She called me "goober". And for hillbillies like me, being called that is like being called the "n" word. It cut me to the quick.
I thought liberals were supposed to be more tolerant of others. I thought it was only conservatives who resort to that sort of thing. I guess not.

Exactly....liberals would SCREAM if a conservative or anyone else called out or implied to someone about a 'mental illness'...yet some like 'nightmare' feel that it's acceptable for them to cross the politically correct line and do the same thing and it's ok...Liberal Hypocrisy....

6My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 11:57 am

PBulldog2 wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

Your comment made me smile, Newswatcher. Very Happy In no way did I feel compelled to defend myself from Dream's accusation. In fact, I confirmed it for her.

Actually, this isn't a private issue for me. I'm pretty outspoken about it in real life. My employer is aware, for one thing. Also, as a member of NAMI, I think it helps others when people speak out about their own lives, their own challenges. It helps fight the stigma associated with mental illness.

If it helps that's great but on a forum like this...and with a poster like 'nightmare'...that's one of the downsides on forums is that when you comment about something of this nature it can and does have an effect that may not be intended...

7My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 12:23 pm

2seaoat

Dreams is probably one of the most intelligent posters on the forum. However, she has her own issues which she does not confront, and when someone actually starts to have a conversation which challenges a position she has taken........she fails to separate issues and herself from what is being discussed. She begins to see the discussion as an attack on her person, and she consistently attacks a person who can make rational arguments. The result is the usual "braindead", mentally Ill refrences............and the lowest blow she has inflicted on anybody on this forum......she called me a lawyer the other day.......mentally ill versus a lawyer.....I don't know....you judge.

I play poker. My read on dreams is that she has been hurt. I consistently see a distrust of men, and signs that someone in her life has betrayed her. Chrissy would call me every name under the sun, but I simply let those words bounce off and let our discussion of facts control our dialogue. It would have been easy for me to take a pot shot at Chrissy.....but to what end. I would only cause her pain, and in the process I would lose her input on issues.....however Dreams is pathologically unable to let mere words remain mere words, and she takes the same as a personal attack. She attempts to size up another person and find a vulnerability......I have seen this behavior from people, and especially young girls who have been hurt or abused. She should not attack you PB. You have the strength to deal with your issues, yet she has not garnered that strength in my opinion, and you should go easy on her, because in my opinion......you could be guilty of the very thing you espouse to want to protect. I think Dreams has issues which are unresolved and some of her anger on these forums give her a good outlet......but her problems remain unresolved, and you calling her out solves nothing.

I think we should all play in the sandbox. We can all learn from others, but we need to be careful not to go too far in our discussions. I have with a couple of posters pushed them too far.....I have done that with the read that they are strong, and I try to never go over the line. In Dreams case, I will push her a little, and she will attack me personally....the usual, but I try not to dissect her personality.......next thing you know she will call me a shrink......

8My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 12:48 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

2seaoat wrote:Dreams is probably one of the most intelligent posters on the forum. However, she has her own issues which she does not confront, and when someone actually starts to have a conversation which challenges a position she has taken........she fails to separate issues and herself from what is being discussed. She begins to see the discussion as an attack on her person, and she consistently attacks a person who can make rational arguments. The result is the usual "braindead", mentally Ill refrences............and the lowest blow she has inflicted on anybody on this forum......she called me a lawyer the other day.......mentally ill versus a lawyer.....I don't know....you judge.

I play poker. My read on dreams is that she has been hurt. I consistently see a distrust of men, and signs that someone in her life has betrayed her. Chrissy would call me every name under the sun, but I simply let those words bounce off and let our discussion of facts control our dialogue. It would have been easy for me to take a pot shot at Chrissy.....but to what end. I would only cause her pain, and in the process I would lose her input on issues.....however Dreams is pathologically unable to let mere words remain mere words, and she takes the same as a personal attack. She attempts to size up another person and find a vulnerability......I have seen this behavior from people, and especially young girls who have been hurt or abused. She should not attack you PB. You have the strength to deal with your issues, yet she has not garnered that strength in my opinion, and you should go easy on her, because in my opinion......you could be guilty of the very thing you espouse to want to protect. I think Dreams has issues which are unresolved and some of her anger on these forums give her a good outlet......but her problems remain unresolved, and you calling her out solves nothing.

I think we should all play in the sandbox. We can all learn from others, but we need to be careful not to go too far in our discussions. I have with a couple of posters pushed them too far.....I have done that with the read that they are strong, and I try to never go over the line. In Dreams case, I will push her a little, and she will attack me personally....the usual, but I try not to dissect her personality.......next thing you know she will call me a shrink......

We may have to agree to disagree on this one, Seaoat. I can't understand how mentioning my own struggle with depression is "calling her out", as you say. She posed a question; I provided an answer.

You have discussed your own illness at length on this forum. I have learned from you; I have savored your words. I hope you will give me the same leeway to discuss my own challenges. There is always the chance that my words will positively affect someone's life in the same way your words have affected mine.

9My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 1:10 pm

2seaoat

I always look forward to honesty in posting. I have talked about my 12 hour mental health first aid course I took early this year. It was a powerful course, and one that I would recommend for everyone. My point would be that I think Dreams has some issues which you fail to recognize.....and in the process, you inadvertently end up attacking some of her own mental health issues. Please continue to feel free to talk about depression and the impact it has on your life....it is important to share the same....but just go a little easy on Dreams.....

Now, I must ask you to see the Movie Lincoln. Sally Fields just hits a home run in her role of Mary Lincoln. They put this woman in a mental health facility in Batavia Illinois which I have traveled to see, and it has been converted to apartments. I read a biography of Mary Lincoln thirty years ago and it was so powerful for me. This movie looks at so many mental health issues,but the President and his wife dealing with so much pain......it was as I have described the most powerful movie experience I have viewed. If nothing else........try to catch a matinee........I know you are experiencing your own challenges right now.....please go to the movie.....rejoice in the possible.....rejoice in the human spirit, but never fool yourself of the suffering......there are never easy answers, but life does go on and cherish every moment of the same.

10My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 1:10 pm

My answer to Dreams Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYX-RnjGahJJ2K5ojjzIcpcxEXR91At-lOPeiYxltc8N7QAhk9bg

I wouldn't worry about it man. Everyone has 'issues' because normalacy is subjective... and highly overrated anyway. Besides I believe she has a lot more 'issues' in the mental area than you do. If you're feeling down just remember...

*****GRIN*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB5ceAruYrI

Very Happy

11My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 1:29 pm

2seaoat wrote:Dreams is probably one of the most intelligent posters on the forum. However, she has her own issues which she does not confront, and when someone actually starts to have a conversation which challenges a position she has taken........she fails to separate issues and herself from what is being discussed. She begins to see the discussion as an attack on her person, and she consistently attacks a person who can make rational arguments. The result is the usual "braindead", mentally Ill refrences............and the lowest blow she has inflicted on anybody on this forum......she called me a lawyer the other day.......mentally ill versus a lawyer.....I don't know....you judge.

My answer to Dreams Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Us-MoJvl1Xxsh5_h-AcmwXGTDNkRV_8ycxoJJjpiijjBwbYg

Her 'issues' does not give her an open excuse to be abusive. If she wants to fire shots she had best be ready to take some return fire...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RisL9l8HzmM

pirat

12My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 1:40 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:normalacy is subjective

Or as my friend yella tells me, "in real life the only thing which is normal is the setting on a clothes washer".
But I think he's only saying it to make me feel better. lol

13My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 2:09 pm

Well, let me say this since it is about me.We all have issues including you,Seaoat. As you can see from Newswatchers comment- his is about my political beliefs which he does not agree with- which is fine but he is a prime example for attacking someone personally for different beliefs. I'm not concerned about what PB says either as she had made this issue about mental illness rather than the real crux of the discussion which was Chrissy's behaviors. She accused other posters of pushing Chrissy over the edge ignoring the fact that Chrissy pushed people to respond negatively to her.Yes, she liked to push buttons and she got them pushed back.Now PB wants to say it's an attack on mental illness and she has one.Give me a break! No one said anything about depression so she is using mental illness in general to try and thwart unacceptable behaviors. I find that to be harmful. I do take trying to post personal info. and calling them filthy vulgar names an an attack as anyone would,Seaoat so I don't see your point. It is a personal attack. As for your comment to being hurt- we all have been hurt so that doesn't make me special. You yourself have accused people of not being intelligent when they don't agree w/ your positions so how does that give you the authority to judge?

14My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 2:10 pm

Damaged Eagle wrote:

My answer to Dreams Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Us-MoJvl1Xxsh5_h-AcmwXGTDNkRV_8ycxoJJjpiijjBwbYg

Her 'issues' does not give her an open excuse to be abusive. If she wants to fire shots she had best be ready to take some return fire...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RisL9l8HzmM

pirat

Exactly! And that goes for others including Chrissy and yourself.

15My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 2:18 pm

Bob wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

Aw,somebody called you a goober while you were calling someone else something.Liberals are supposed to take your insults,huh? LOL!

16My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 2:31 pm

Your depression has nothing to do w/ your consistent defense of Chrissy's behaviors. When you defend the rantings and abuse of a person like that I do have to question your mental health. You are aligning yourself on a side of behavior that is irresponsible and then call yourself an advocate of mental illness. It is a completely skewed thinking on your behalf.

17My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 2:39 pm

Sal

Sal

Well, I can see where calling Ghandi and/or Chrissy "mentally ill" would be a grave insult to mentally ill people everywhere.

They're just flaming hemorrhoids on the asshole of humanity.

As for Dreams, she gives as good as she gets.

Keep up the good fight, Dreams!

18My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 3:10 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Dreamsglore wrote:
Your depression has nothing to do w/ your consistent defense of Chrissy's behaviors. When you defend the rantings and abuse of a person like that I do have to question your mental health. You are aligning yourself on a side of behavior that is irresponsible and then call yourself an advocate of mental illness. It is a completely skewed thinking on your behalf.

Dreams, I never defended her behaviors. There is no defense for what she wrote to Boards. We both know that. Do I think she was pushed over the edge over that weekend by a few posters? Yes, yes I do. That's not the same thing as defending her behaviors, however much you try to make it so.

As I've written before, this isn't about her. It's about your use of the of certain terms you use loosely to describe the behavior of those with whom you disagree. That's all it's about.

You wrote that you thought I had "mental problems." That seems to be the label you give anyone with whom you disagree. I won't run from that accusation. You don't intimidate me when you write things like that. Laughing

19My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 3:47 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:Well, I can see where calling Ghandi and/or Chrissy "mentally ill" would be a grave insult to mentally ill people everywhere.

They're just flaming hemorrhoids on the asshole of humanity.

As for Dreams, she gives as good as she gets.

Keep up the good fight, Dreams!

I laughed at that line so hard it almost made my hemorrhoids start burning....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

20My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 3:52 pm

I wonder if Ghandi knows this guy?
My answer to Dreams Bilde?Site=DP&Date=20121120&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=311200018&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0&Pensacola-man-guilty-sexual-battery-against-13-year-old
circuit court jury found a Pensacola man guilty on Friday of molesting a 13-year-old girl between July 2011 and February 2012.

Ryan Scott Debord, 34, of the 7200 block of Thor Lane, was found guilty of sexual battery while in a position of custodial authority, and lewd and lascivious molestation. He was a Navy chief. Debord will be sentenced Dec. 18. He faces 30 years on the sexual battery charge and 15 years on the other charge. The investigation and arrest were conducted by the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office

21My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 3:55 pm

Let me see if I understand this thread. If someone shows support for someone else, then there are others that believe that the person supporting the this other person has a mental illness? Does that just about sum it up?

22My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 4:02 pm

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:normalacy is subjective

Or as my friend yella tells me, "in real life the only thing which is normal is the setting on a clothes washer".
But I think he's only saying it to make me feel better. lol

My answer to Dreams Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRogMkjlwL6s5ZkZNGENt4BcofM3Tm-UMubA4XgZm3aPOOXxxwgfQ

Nah.h..h... It's because there is no box...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8OpsPok6iQ

Very Happy

23My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 4:07 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Exactly! And that goes for others including Chrissy and yourself.

My answer to Dreams Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8_MrHX7sPhNXlgGL8plShPSL4I-iRvnuAMPz1jiBX4bdmCmg2TIvVyxRN

Bring it on darlin'!!!!! I look it forward to it!...

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdphvuyaV_I

Wink

24My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 4:20 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Let me see if I understand this thread. If someone shows support for someone else, then there are others that believe that the person supporting the this other person has a mental illness? Does that just about sum it up?

My answer to Dreams Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-jGLp5TgM-sjI28C1m-zFNTZjrsnxvIk4yg1JrR5lku2TqHLlpA

Yep!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY

Laughing

25My answer to Dreams Empty Re: My answer to Dreams 11/21/2012, 4:29 pm

newswatcher wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

If it helps that's great but on a forum like this...and with a poster like 'nightmare'...that's one of the downsides on forums is that when you comment about something of this nature it can and does have an effect that may not be intended...

I've never seen you post anything,Newswatcher that wasn't an insult to Obama or liberals. You are not the kind of person that is open minded or receptive to anyone else's beliefs but your own. You judge people by their political beliefs and that's a character flaw you have to live with. In fact, you are so adamant you create socks to agree w/ yourself. Say a lot about you and your opinions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum