Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did the forum come under attack

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Did the forum come under attack - Page 2 Empty Re: Did the forum come under attack 10/19/2012, 10:17 am

PBulldog2 wrote:Thanks, Eric!!! That would be great! Very Happy

It would be great, but Forumotion does not respond to my Ping. I cannot get an IP address (except for the main Forumotion IP out of Dallas, TX).

I have a suggestion, though. Could it be as simple as going to the forum at:

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/

and saving it again as a bookmark/favorite (or whatever your browser calls it)?

If that link takes you to the site without a hassle, then use the new bookmark/favorite.

I'm not having DNS problems, so I cannot come up with a fix when nothing is broken on my end. Sorry. pale At least I tried.

27Did the forum come under attack - Page 2 Empty Re: Did the forum come under attack 10/19/2012, 10:20 am

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Eric wouldn't that do the same if the TCP/IPv4 and IPv6 were set to automatically pick up the DNS. I firmly believe that is why I never had the problem that some of you had. With it set to automatic, it picked up their DNS Server regardless of what they were using.

Is that a setting on your browser, GR? I haven't had to fool with it, so don't know where that is located.

28Did the forum come under attack - Page 2 Empty Re: Did the forum come under attack 10/19/2012, 10:25 am

Yomama wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Eric wouldn't that do the same if the TCP/IPv4 and IPv6 were set to automatically pick up the DNS. I firmly believe that is why I never had the problem that some of you had. With it set to automatic, it picked up their DNS Server regardless of what they were using.

Is that a setting on your browser, GR? I haven't had to fool with it, so don't know where that is located.

No it isn't a browser setting, it is a LAN(internet) setting. How to locate it depends on which windows system you are running. On this computer I am using Vista and it is quite simple in Vista's Control Panel.

29Did the forum come under attack - Page 2 Empty Re: Did the forum come under attack 10/19/2012, 10:36 am

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Yomama wrote:

No it isn't a browser setting, it is a LAN(internet) setting. How to locate it depends on which windows system you are running. On this computer I am using Vista and it is quite simple in Vista's Control Panel.

I don't see it in my laptop's Windows7 Control Panel... in other words, it didn't jump out at me. I have some stuff I need to do, so I'm gonna have to leave it for now.

A parting shot... IPv6 implementation started on June 8, 2011. My guess is that this is a short-term problem for Forumotion and this problem will fix itself... "time will heal all problems"... or not ;-)

30Did the forum come under attack - Page 2 Empty Re: Did the forum come under attack 10/19/2012, 10:39 am

Yomama wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Yomama wrote:

I don't see it in my laptop's Windows7 Control Panel... in other words, it didn't jump out at me. I have some stuff I need to do, so I'm gonna have to leave it for now.

A parting shot... IPv6 implementation started on June 8, 2011. My guess is that this is a short-term problem for Forumotion and this problem will fix itself... "time will heal all problems"... or not ;-)

In the meantime, I will pull out my laptop with WIN 7 on it and let you know how to access it.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

[quote]

I have what I think is a much easier way to get the right DNS for this forum. The DNS problem can be compared to the old phone system. There was a time when Pensacola's phone system only had 4 digits... because

Eric wouldn't that do the same if the TCP/IPv4 and IPv6 were set to automatically pick up the DNS. I firmly believe that is why I never had the problem that some of you had. With it set to automatic, it picked up their DNS Server regardless of what they were using.

Ghost, are you talking about the LAN settings that are under the "connection" section of the internet options (through the control panel)? I see where I can change the LAN settings to automatic.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

You need to run a level three diagnostic. That should determine what the problem is.

[quote="PBulldog2"]

I have what I think is a much easier way to get the right DNS for this forum. The DNS problem can be compared to the old phone system. There was a time when Pensacola's phone system only had 4 digits... because

Eric wouldn't that do the same if the TCP/IPv4 and IPv6 were set to automatically pick up the DNS. I firmly believe that is why I never had the problem that some of you had. With it set to automatic, it picked up their DNS Server regardless of what they were using.

Ghost, are you talking about the LAN settings that are under the "connection" section of the internet options (through the control panel)? I see where I can change the LAN settings to automatic.

YEP!!!! When you get to the screen with the LAN settings, right click on LAN and select "Properties", then double click on IPv4 and change the setting to automatic and then do the same thing for the IPv6.

Yella

Yella

[quote="Ghost_Rider1"]
PBulldog2 wrote:

YEP!!!! When you get to the screen with the LAN settings, right click on LAN and select "Properties", then double click on IPv4 and change the setting to automatic and then do the same thing for the IPv6.

Open up the BEER and set the Prehit to YES.This should engage the the LOCKS and open the firewall to Take One which is good. Now HIT .Then wait for no more that 60 seconds before engaging once more. Two minutes later you should be Home free. I hope this helps you.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

[quote="Yella"]
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Open up the BEER and set the Prehit to YES.This should engage the the LOCKS and open the firewall to Take One which is good. Now HIT .Then wait for no more that 60 seconds before engaging once more. Two minutes later you should be Home free. I hope this helps you.

LOL

Ill be sure to zolgal my hard drive when I get home. I may have to call pretheus from the planet chumba womba to help me but he can use warp drive on the fitzger bubble.

nochain wrote:
Rogue wrote:I havnt seen some people here in a bit. like seaoat, or much of dreams, seems slow.

did this issue that I am having to deal with run tem off, im having to use a proxy to get on here now.

or maybe they left because they didnt get something they wanted?

do tell it

Maybe "dreams" is having that frontal lobotomy reversed.

Stupidity on a daily basis is getting to be too much for me. I have to take it smaller doses.

[quote=\"Dreamsglore\"][quote=\"nochain\"][quote=\"Rogue\"]I havnt seen some people here in a bit. like seaoat, or much of dreams, seems slow.

did this issue that I am having to deal with run tem off, im having to use a proxy to get on here now.

or maybe they left because they didnt get something they wanted?

do tell it

[/quote]

Maybe \"dreams\" is having that frontal lobotomy reversed.[/quote]

Stupidity on a daily basis is getting to be too much for me. I have to take it smaller doses.[/quote]

what cha do, take some time off from here to remove all the mirrors in you house?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum